User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're ambush predators.  Once a big one latches on its really fucking hard to get away... those short teeth you're taking about are curved to the rear and theres a lot of them.
View Quote
That would be the time to use the human skills of targeting its eyes, prying its jaws open, knifing the thing like a sewing machine, pounding its skull with a rock, etc.

Maybe I am totally missing how quick they are, but it seems that if the thing got a hold of your leg you'd have some time to work the problem, kill that motherfucker, and get your damn leg extracted.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey Dipshit OP, are you trying to spell SNAKE, and can’t?
View Quote
Full retard has been achieved! You need a timeout Dr.

Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That would be the time to use the human skills of targeting its eyes, prying its jaws open, knifing the thing like a sewing machine, pounding its skull with a rock, etc.

Maybe I am totally missing how quick they are, but it seems that if the thing got a hold of your leg you'd have some time to work the problem, kill that motherfucker, and get your damn leg extracted.
View Quote
They catch and eat deer... they're faster than you think.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants, and my PETS! And that is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake. Thorgrim is beside himself with grief! He raised that snake from the time it was born.
View Quote
Finally! That took way too long, y’all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Longest snakes in the world.  Anacondas are bulkier but way less aggressive.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey Dipshit OP, are you trying to spell SNAKE, and can’t?
View Quote
No wonder you're a doctor. You seem smart.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Might be able to get a hat band also.
View Quote
You could make Mexican Cowboy-Nazi boots for the Wookie!
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
It sounds like you think it’ll bite your leg, then start trying to swallow you.

You don’t think it would bite, then wrap, then squeeze in less than a second?
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:56:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It sounds like you think it’ll bite your leg, then start trying to swallow you.

You don’t think it would bite, then wrap, then squeeze in less than a second?
View Quote
Actually based on what mine did to the bunnies* this evening it would bite, pull you off your feet, spin you around, flip you over, whack you on the ground, and then wrap you up.

*Bunnies were already dead when fed to the snake.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:57:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are wiping out swamp rabbits and other small mammals.

The young have decimated the grub worm population.
View Quote
Not swamp bunnies.

Y’all, we need to get rid of these things. For the bunnies with short little ears.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:15:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd be royally pissed off living down there and finding those damned snakes.

Florida needs to wake the hell up and let the rednecks loose.  A few snake drives would be a good start.  Need to train up some dogs, too, smart dogs that know to bark and keep their distance.
View Quote
LoL.

Yer Dag, he’s a good swimmer?

See the dark brown area that fills up ~70% of South Florida?   Snek Country.    There’s only 2 roads E-W, none roads N-S
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:22:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Is that real????
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:28:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is that real????
View Quote
Yeah, but it’s just a baby.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:36:21 AM EDT
[#16]
This is why I live in cold places. You don't get bullshit like that in cold places.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:40:48 AM EDT
[#17]
The photo posted here is real. Look closely. You can see the decomposition and broken leg. Nat Geo was involved in that one.

The fake one was an anaconda from South America if I remember right.

The woman one was real. A 54 year old lady it snatched right from her yard.

It's not the bite, it's the coiling. By the time you realize it bit you, you have about three seconds before it squeezes the air from your lungs. The weight on this one is greatly exaggerated, but even the rock isn't going to peel a 200 pound 20 foot snake off him once it gets hold, even if it doesn't eat him.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:40:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That’s a really nice set of boots in the making, right there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That’s a really nice set of boots in the making, right there.
That is what I am saying!
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But how the fuck does it "catch" the human?  I mean, it's a constrictor, right?  So it has really tiny fangs.  Wouldn't a person be able to just jump the fuck out of the way before it could throw those coils on??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ludder093

OK looking at the pic again and closer I concede that you're correct and it very likely couldn't eat that man but it's not too far from what it could ingest. The body of the snake could easily contain that man, it likely wouldn't be able to get past the shoulders. It's not uncommon for it to happen though including full grown/slighter build men.
But how the fuck does it "catch" the human?  I mean, it's a constrictor, right?  So it has really tiny fangs.  Wouldn't a person be able to just jump the fuck out of the way before it could throw those coils on??
They can be faster than you'd think when striking.  They grab hold and immediately start coiling around, how are you going to be able to "jump" when you've got a couple of hundred pounds of snake clamped on you?  Their fangs are "tiny" only in comparison with venomous snakes, they've still got plenty of bite there to hang on with, and they're angled so they can't be easily dislodged.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They can be faster than you'd think when striking.  They grab hold and immediately start coiling around, how are you going to be able to "jump" when you've got a couple of hundred pounds of snake clamped on you?  Their fangs are "tiny" only in comparison with venomous snakes, they've still got plenty of bite there to hang on with, and they're angled so they can't be easily dislodged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ludder093

OK looking at the pic again and closer I concede that you're correct and it very likely couldn't eat that man but it's not too far from what it could ingest. The body of the snake could easily contain that man, it likely wouldn't be able to get past the shoulders. It's not uncommon for it to happen though including full grown/slighter build men.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I hope you're joking.
View Quote
He's not joking.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:03:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Florida needs to wake the hell up and let the rednecks loose.  A few snake drives would be a good start.  Need to train up some dogs, too, smart dogs that know to bark and keep their distance.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It sounds like you think it'll bite your leg, then start trying to swallow you.

You don't think it would bite, then wrap, then squeeze in less than a second?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It sounds like you think it'll bite your leg, then start trying to swallow you.

You don't think it would bite, then wrap, then squeeze in less than a second?
I did...until today.  Damn.

Quoted:

Actually based on what mine did to the bunnies* this evening it would bite, pull you off your feet, spin you around, flip you over, whack you on the ground, and then wrap you up.

*Bunnies were already dead when fed to the snake.
So....yeah fuck that.

If I'm ever in the woods in FL I'll be doing magdumps at every snake-shaped fallen branch and log I see.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If I'm ever in the woods in FL I'll be doing magdumps at every snake-shaped fallen branch and log I see.
View Quote
Now, young Grasshopper, you understand what it takes to be FloridaMan.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They're ambush predators.  Once a big one latches on its really fucking hard to get away... those short teeth you're taking about are curved to the rear and theres a lot of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly. Once they latch on you pretty much have to force whatever they bite into their mouth while prying the jaws open. Imagine you are out barrimundi fishing (or whatever) and stop by the creekside. You have an IQ of about 75, and never even notice this...

Whoomp there it is.

Or if you and your pals really need a new set of boots.

Hunting python by leg At Africa (Anaconda )
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Florida will not just have an open season them. Why is beyond me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Could you possibly find a smaller picture?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Latest News :- Heroic Man Saves A Deer From A Python

Man shoots massive python in head to save herd of goats
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it is not like it is a standard you can meet and be GTG. That shit is always changing. Before it was killer mangrove monkeys. Then irrate iquanas. This time it is pythons. Next time it’ll be a large number of mambas. After that who knows, kamodo dragons?

Florida plays for keeps.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Lmfao
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can you even just go out and shoot them?

Everything I’ve looked at they are catching or trapping them.

Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And it is not like it is a standard you can meet and be GTG. That shit is always changing. Before it was killer mangrove monkeys. Then irrate iquanas. This time it is pythons. Next time it’ll be a large number of mambas. After that who knows, kamodo dragons?

Florida plays for keeps.
View Quote
There are wild monitor lizards in Florida.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Time to reintroduce Jaguars.

Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Time to reintroduce Jaguars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7O0y1g8FGM
View Quote
You already have florida panthers. Hell there probably are jaguars there too.

I remember reading a comcast cable worker was bitten by a green mamba a few years ago near Hollywood Fl I think in the yard working on somebody’s cable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's always open season on invasive species...  Go on down to south Fl and go snake hunting. Everyone's welcome to do their part.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#36]
56K Beware
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's always open season on invasive species...  Go on down to south Fl and go snake hunting. Everyone's welcome to do their part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can they hunt them as in ride around blasting pythons or do they have to be caught?

If you could go after them like they do nutria that would be a blast.

Nutria Hunting in Louisiana swamp

Louisiana Airboat Action with Bruce Mitchell The Alligator Man - "Field Test"
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Typical stupid dipshit camera tricks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had a 12’ Aftlrican Rock Python.

Ultra aggressive. He was a 40 pounding snake and when he grabbed the gauntlet gloves I had to use when moving him it felt like my hand was in a vise and it was wrapped around my arm and shoulder before I could react.

My better half was able to unwrap him from the tail.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Unfortunately those huge snakes are becoming more common in FL now. The ones big enough to eat a human big...
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#41]
They're right in there boys; go get 'em.

Take as many as you want.

Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants, and my PETS! And that is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake. Thorgrim is beside himself with grief! He raised that snake from the time it was born.
View Quote
Bravo, sir...
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Damn, I occasionally hunt hogs and deer in Immokalee.
View Quote
Can't imagine there's many left
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hope you're joking.
View Quote
Pretty much the kind of snake that has been verified as having eating humans.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They're right in there boys; go get 'em.

Take as many as you want.

https://i.imgur.com/oF5HOma.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pUVCtpn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NDQZ3gd.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#46]
That’s a lot of boots, belts and maybe a vest or three.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
LoL.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/aerial-view-florida-everglades-swamp-78454541.jpg

See the dark brown area that fills up ~70% of South Florida?   Snek Country.    There’s only 2 roads E-W, none roads N-S
http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/362000/Satellite-of-Florida-597362.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL.

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/aerial-view-florida-everglades-swamp-78454541.jpg

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/362000/Satellite-of-Florida-597362.jpg
I’m in manatee county(south shore of Tampa bay) and there’s been two caught here this year.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There are wild monitor lizards in Florida.
View Quote
Great.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top