Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know the interior specs for leg room/ head room?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know the interior specs for leg room/ head room?
View Quote

The avergae GDer would fit comfortably in the front and back
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I love the whining from people that are going to buy an F150 regardless of this new offering.  

News flash:  This isn't the truck you buy to pull your boat, it's the truck you buy to do car stuff and occasionally put dirty and/or bulky stuff in the bed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Sounds great !

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The avergae GDer would fit comfortably in the front and back
View Quote

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: 

News flash:  This isn't the truck you buy to pull your boat, it's the truck you buy to do car stuff and occasionally put dirty and/or bulky stuff in the bed.
View Quote

I dont know why this is so hard for people to understand.

I dont tow but it would be nice to have a bed when I need it, that why these types vehicles interest me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I dont tow but it would be nice to have a bed when I need it, that why these types vehicles interest me.
View Quote

In the same boat here. The maverick seems mighty tempting.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I love the whining from people that are going to buy an F150 regardless of this new offering.  

View Quote

And it's still capable of towing a small fishing boat
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd consider one ....not built by the big 3.  They generally have sucked in small car/small engine manufacturing/reliability and let's face it this is pretty much a small car.

Yeah....I know the ridgeline is out there but 1 it's ugly and 2 its a Honda....got burned by their suicidal prelude engines from the late 90's and won't do it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think Ford is missing out by not offering a single cab version with a longer bed. They could market it as a delivery vehicle or small work truck whereas the double cab can be marketed towards families.
View Quote

There's nothing a 6' bed can do that a 4.5' bed with a trailer can't do better.  Ford might eventually build a single cab for fleet sales, but the 4-door is more practical for the vast majority of buyers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's nothing a 6' bed can do that a 4.5' bed with a trailer can't do better.  Ford might eventually build a single cab for fleet sales, but the 4-door is more practical for the vast majority of buyers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Ford is missing out by not offering a single cab version with a longer bed. They could market it as a delivery vehicle or small work truck whereas the double cab can be marketed towards families.

Of course there is.
Not be four to five feet longer
Not have a whole different thing to register insure amd maintain
Not be restricted to ridiculous laws that apply to vehicles towing trailers like reduced speed limits
Park in normal parking spots and lots with ease
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Of course there is.
Not be restricted to ridiculous laws that apply to vehicles towing trailers like reduced speed limits
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course there is.

Despite that, I think his point stands.

I think most people vastly overestimate how much bed length they really need. 4.5 ft is pretty small but it's not illegal to have stuff hanging out the back, you just have to mark it over a certain distance. And ultimately if you find a unique case where it just won't work, then you always have the option of a trailer. They might have their downsides as pointed out, but they also have upsides.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think most people vastly overestimate how much bed length they really need. 4.5 ft is pretty small but it's not illegal to have stuff hanging out the back, you just have to mark it over a certain distance. And ultimately if you find a unique case where it just won't work, then you always have the option of a trailer. They might have their downsides as pointed out, but they also have upsides.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course there is.

Trailers are great if you have space for them and are able and willing to take care of them. I think having the same wheelbase but an extra foot or two of bed is much more what I want. I moved a table and chairs with a Tacoma with the short bed and I had to get creative. I don’t need another people mover.

I have an Excursion. I can put a full sheet of plywood in it but I still can’t put a motorcycle in it. Or a lot of furniture that is weird shaped or tall. Even some bicycles are a tough fit.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Trailers are great if you have space for them and are able and willing to take care of them. I think having the same wheelbase but an extra foot or two of bed is much more what I want. I moved a table and chairs with a Tacoma with the short bed and I had to get creative. I don’t need another people mover.

I have an Excursion. I can put a full sheet of plywood in it but I still can’t put a motorcycle in it. Or a lot of furniture that is weird shaped or tall. Even some bicycles are a tough fit.
View Quote

I get it. My Colorado has a 5.5ft bed. Dirt bikes required the tailgate to be down, they simply wouldn't fit in this Maverick and would require a hitch carrier or trailer. But I don't haul dirt bikes every day, and if I did then I'd make sure I had a 7-8ft bed or a trailer. Nor do I haul large furniture everyday. The thing is, Ford already makes trucks with longer beds for people who need longer beds.

It's like getting irritated that a Mustang doesn't have a big enough back seat to sit 3 full sized adults, or that a Ford Focus doesn't have 4wd and locking diffs, just because you'll occasionally want to haul 3 extra adults or cross the rubicon. The Maverick isn't intended to carry large objects like that in it's bed. It's intended to be a day to day vehicle with a bed for some cargo utility that will work for most people's day to day cargo. I was downtown the other day and saw two old ladies trying to stuff some antique into the back of their compact crossover. In one glance it was obvious it wasn't going to fit, and that they needed something a little bigger to take it home. I asked if they lived nearby and if they'd want me to haul it for them in my truck, but they declined and said they'd have their husband come in his truck. That thing would have easily fit in my small truck, or in a Maverick, and frankly that type of cargo is far more common than the type of cargo that would necessitate a 8ft bed or whatever. Just go sit in a Walmart or Sams Club parking lot during a Black Friday sale and watch people try to stuff their 75"+ TV's into their econocar. When I was a kid working retail it was insane how many people asked us to load something into a vehicle for them, only to find out there was no hope of fitting whatever they bought into it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I get it. My Colorado has a 5.5ft bed. Dirt bikes required the tailgate to be down, they simply wouldn't fit in this Maverick and would require a hitch carrier or trailer. But I don't haul dirt bikes every day, and if I did then I'd make sure I had a 7-8ft bed or a trailer. Nor do I haul large furniture everyday. The thing is, Ford already makes trucks with longer beds for people who need longer beds.

It's like getting irritated that a Mustang doesn't have a big enough back seat to sit 3 full sized adults, or that a Ford Focus doesn't have 4wd and locking diffs, just because you'll occasionally want to haul 3 extra adults or cross the rubicon. The Maverick isn't intended to carry large objects like that in it's bed. It's intended to be a day to day vehicle with a bed for some cargo utility that will work for most people's day to day cargo. I was downtown the other day and saw two old ladies trying to stuff some antique into the back of their compact crossover. In one glance it was obvious it wasn't going to fit, and that they needed something a little bigger to take it home. I asked if they lived nearby and if they'd want me to haul it for them in my truck, but they declined and said they'd have their husband come in his truck. That thing would have easily fit in my small truck, or in a Maverick, and frankly that type of cargo is far more common than the type of cargo that would necessitate a 8ft bed or whatever. Just go sit in a Walmart or Sams Club parking lot during a Black Friday sale and watch people try to stuff their 75"+ TV's into their econocar. When I was a kid working retail it was insane how many people asked us to load something into a vehicle for them, only to find out there was no hope of fitting whatever they bought into it.
View Quote

This.  If I really need an 8ft bed for some reason I can drive 5 miles to Home Depot and rent one for $20/hour.  It's a hell of a lot harder/more expensive to add extra passenger seats and secure dry storage to a standard cab 8ft bed truck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bingo

Honestly I rarely haul or tow anything. But this truck would be able to give me that option with a hopefully good mpg

I understand people arent happy becuase of xyz but for most people who dont need a Full size this truck is perfect
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bingo

Honestly I rarely haul or tow anything. But this truck would be able to give me that option with a hopefully good mpg

I understand people arent happy becuase of xyz but for most people who dont need a Full size this truck is perfect
View Quote

Hell, I know I will need to occasionally do stuff past this things capability but it still appeals to me and it would be fine for probably 80% of my use. I probably won't get one though. A Ranger or Colorado suits my needs better and they're close enough in price to not want to deal with trailers, rentals, or friends for that other 20%. Plus, I'm not planning to get rid of my current truck anytime soon and I expect by the time I do get a new truck I will no longer need a crew cab and will opt for a extended cab so that extra passenger space of the Maverick wouldn't really matter much. Although I did like the underseat storage, I wish my current Colorado had that.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ford should make a regular cab long bed 4x4 diesel with manual locks/windows/trans and vinyl seats and floors for $25k.

They would sell millions every year
View Quote

Especially if it was a tier none turbo diesel

Was hoping Trump was gonna fix the EPA
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, for regular people. I think they should make a single cab and target the commercial market where the added bed size would be welcomed and the back doors/seats are unneeded.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.  I just bought a '21 Ford Ranger.  I don't have a boat or massive trailer I need to tow.  I just needed something with a decent sized bed that I can haul my guns around in (large pelican cases) and that I can toss deer in when I get them.  In the future I may haul some jet skis, too, but that's it.

Don't need a big ass truck to do what I do, plus I don't like how bulky the large trucks are anyways.  I'm 6'2, 240lb and the Ranger is perfect for me.  Good amount of room inside and I can sit comfortably in the back seat.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Agreed, for regular people. I think they should make a single cab and target the commercial market where the added bed size would be welcomed and the back doors/seats are unneeded.
View Quote

Ya know what's kinda funny...

I don't think I've ever seen a small fleet truck using it's bed, or at least using it's bed for something any ole SUV or sedan couldn't handle. To be fair though, most of the ones I see are for auto parts stores or the city (like inspector's vehicles and stuff where they might need to bring some tools/equipment, most of the trucks driven by actual workers are full sized or medium duty trucks).
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ve been looking at used Colorados lately, but one of these would fit my needs too.

I have no practical use for 4x4 or even a full sized truck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't think I've ever seen a small fleet truck using it's bed, or at least using it's bed for something any ole SUV or sedan couldn't handle. To be fair though, most of the ones I see are for auto parts stores or the city (like inspector's vehicles and stuff where they might need to bring some tools/equipment, most of the trucks driven by actual workers are full sized or medium duty trucks).
View Quote

I think Ford's answer to the small fleet vehicle is the Transit Connect, which starts at a similar MSRP.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think Ford's answer to the small fleet vehicle is the Transit Connect, which starts at a similar MSRP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what I've seen most fleet small trucks used for, the transit connect is a perfect vehicle.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yup.  I just bought a '21 Ford Ranger.  I don't have a boat or massive trailer I need to tow.  I just needed something with a decent sized bed that I can haul my guns around in (large pelican cases) and that I can toss deer in when I get them.  In the future I may haul some jet skis, too, but that's it.

Don't need a big ass truck to do what I do, plus I don't like how bulky the large trucks are anyways.  I'm 6'2, 240lb and the Ranger is perfect for me.  Good amount of room inside and I can sit comfortably in the back seat.
View Quote

New '21 ranger owner here too. Traded my '17 onefiddy 3.5 EB 10 sp even Steven for it. New truck does everything the onefiddy did and gets 10 MPG better mileage while it's doing it. Really like it alot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Maverick. What a horrible car that was.
View Quote

That's all I can think about.
I'd have to take the name plates off.
My buddy owns a machine shop that does laser welding and engraving, I'd give it a good name.
What should that good name be?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#28]
pussy wagon
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's all I can think about.
I'd have to take the name plates off.
My buddy owns a machine shop that does laser welding and engraving, I'd give it a good name.
What should that good name be?
View Quote

You're going to some bondo for the tailgate
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In all fairness unless you are reading for entertainment once these threads hit 7 pages you have to wade through a hundred "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS AC WHY HAS FORD DONE THIS TO US" posts before getting any useful information.

funny because if I wanted a strictly utilitarian runabout with a bed air and auto would be the only options I'd require, but I'd want them..
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm tired of Ford and their fuck-fuck name games.  Bronco sport?  7.3L is a gasser now?  Maverick is a truck now?  Lightning is 4-door EV only?  

I'm out of the little truck game anyways...I need to tow 10-12k on occasion, so I'll keep my F350.  

Though, a Maverick sized truck, 2-door, long bed (6.5-7' minimum), would suit 90% of my needs.  No hybrid shit, and no ecoboost turbo shit.
View Quote

My wife's company car is a little Ecoboost  2017 Ford Escape with 95k on the clock now.  It's been totally reliable and goes 10k between oil changes.  Only complaint I have is the ride quality sucks.  She'll be getting a new 2022 of some kind in a month or 2 now or whenever 2022 cars become available.  I've been impressed with the power that little 4 banger puts out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

New '21 ranger owner here too. Traded my '17 onefiddy 3.5 EB 10 sp even Steven for it. New truck does everything the onefiddy did and gets 10 MPG better mileage while it's doing it. Really like it alot.
View Quote

I sold my 2017 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack to get it.  Went shopping it around just to see what dealerships would offer not expecting too much.  Wasn't even considering a new car, honestly.  Then a dealership offered me almost as much as I paid for it new

So I sold that and test drove the Ranger with the intention of getting one.  It is a surprisingly nice truck.  Very roomy, nice enough back seat, and perfect bed size.  It's also quicker than I expected which surprised me.  Only issue with it is some things Ford didn't include on the Lariat trim like cooled seats and heated steering wheel seem like odd subtractions.  Also wish mine had the FX4 package but with the shortage right now I couldn't be too picky.  It came with the tech package which is mainly what I wanted.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We obviously have different wants and needs and I understand I'm in the minority. A f150 with a 6.5' bed is a whole other world of truck and the new Rangers are damn near as big as fullsize trucks were not long ago. It's not like I'm looking for a behemoth I just want to put a bicycle or two in the bed without disassembly or dropping the tailgate. Getting 30+ mpg is a game changer for a lot of us because we could do away with our commuters and have a dual purpose.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We obviously have different wants and needs and I understand I'm in the minority. A f150 with a 6.5' bed is a whole other world of truck and the new Rangers are damn near as big as fullsize trucks were not long ago. It's not like I'm looking for a behemoth I just want to put a bicycle or two in the bed without disassembly or dropping the tailgate. Getting 30+ mpg is a game changer for a lot of us because we could do away with our commuters and have a dual purpose.
View Quote
Bingo
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

My old Colorado doesn't get 30, but it averaged 23 MPG going out west. Carrying that dirt bike (on a hitch mount) with a cabin full of people and bed full of gear. You can toss bikes in it just fine as well.

Don't get me wrong, a F150 with a 6.5' bed is still an awesome truck. My point was it's just really not that huge of a difference for most people.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ford should make a regular cab long bed 4x4 diesel with manual locks/windows/trans and vinyl seats and floors for $25k.

They would sell millions every year
View Quote
... or none.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My old Colorado doesn't get 30, but it averaged 23 MPG going out west. Carrying that dirt bike (on a hitch mount) with a cabin full of people and bed full of gear. You can toss bikes in it just fine as well.

Don't get me wrong, a F150 with a 6.5' bed is still an awesome truck. My point was it's just really not that huge of a difference for most people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I commute over 100 miles daily so the difference between 23 and 30 is huge.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#38]
It's amusing how the full-size he-man truck guys always cry and piss and moan when the subject of small trucks comes up. IF A COMPACT TRUCK AIN'T YER THING, THEN JUST DON'T BUY ONE!

No need to run down others who actually WANT one of these things. For me - and I think millions of others - this Maverick or the Hyundai Santa Cruz (my personal favorite) are absolutely what I've been waiting for. They look like the perfect size.
- They will be easy to maneuver and park, and they'll actually fit in the garage without a shoehorn.
- They'll carry you and 3 other adults in car-suspension comfort.
- They'll carry camping or fishing/hunting gear, Costco supplies, or  soccer/baseball/football gear to the games.
- Your wife will be able to make runs to the nursery to get flowers and mulch without fucking up the inside of your nice car.
- They will beat your truckster's 13mpg by a bunch.
- You can carry a set of new winter tires and wheels home from Tire Depot or DIY supplies from Home Depot.
- And for those rare occasions when we actually need to carry sheets of ply or drywall, or 10' 2x4s, just open the tailgate and tie a red flag on it. Or rent Home Depot's truck.

Yep, I had several small trucks back when they were this size, and I plan to get another one when they hit the market.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Certainly undercuts the Hyundai Santa Cruz on price.

View Quote

Ah, yes, but not on features or power. The Santa Cruz has an optional 2.5 liter turbo making 281hp and 311 ft-pounds of torque, 5,000 lb towing, in-bed trunk, 21" wheels, and standard hard tonneau. And it actually looks modern, as opposed to the Ford.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ah, yes, but not on features or power. The Santa Cruz has an optional 2.5 liter turbo making 281hp and 311 ft-pounds of torque, 5,000 lb towing, in-bed trunk, 21" wheels, and standard hard tonneau. And it actually looks modern, as opposed to the Ford.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182537/Santa_Cruz_02_jpg-1976190.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

modern must be code for ugly as fuck because that's what everything that Hyundai makes is.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what it is I actually think that looks good. I'd never buy one but driving that is cooler than driving a CUV.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Out running errands today and saw my first Bronco Sport parked in a driveway half a mile down the street. I could easily see why they decided to make a small pickup out of it. They do share the same platform, don't they? Makes sense to get as much use out of a platform as possible.

I am not in the market for another vehicle, but I can see the appeal of a small pickup, particularly if it got good gas mileage. The reality is that these unibody "trucks" would do the things that most suburbanites need. An F150 would be overkill for most non-construction worker non-farmer or landscaper people.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has any of the pricing been released? The biggest surprise for me was the price of the Maverick. I'm planning on replacing my Impreza in a year or two sooner if I can find a great deal on something which seems more unlikely every day. I was on the hunt for Outbacks and they are more than a AWD Maverick is going to be. I'll probably just find another used something or other.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying you should pickup a 15 year old Colorado like mine, lol. That difference in mileage would certainly add up for you, but for the most part that's always been the compromise to having a daily driver with the versatility you're asking for. I could get on board with the regular cab long box Maverick you desire, but I just wouldn't hold my breath for it. The point was the small beds on small trucks are a lot more useful than most people give them credit for.

Out of curiosity, if that long box Maverick is what you'd want then why not have a Ridgeline already? It has a longer bed than the Maverick will have and it's rated in the high 20's for MPG. Seems like it's as close as you can currently get to what you're asking for.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm not saying you should pickup a 15 year old Colorado like mine, lol. That difference in mileage would certainly add up for you, but for the most part that's always been the compromise to having a daily driver with the versatility you're asking for. I could get on board with the regular cab long box Maverick you desire, but I just wouldn't hold my breath for it. The point was the small beds on small trucks are a lot more useful than most people give them credit for.

Out of curiosity, if that long box Maverick is what you'd want then why not have a Ridgeline already? It has a longer bed than the Maverick will have and it's rated in the high 20's for MPG. Seems like it's as close as you can currently get to what you're asking for.
View Quote

For one it's $10k more than what this Maverick base awd will cost. I'm not looking for a little truck this Maverick just checks the commuter boxes while being a little truck. The Ridgeline bed is only a little longer so it's not really an advantage. The main reason is cost. I actually really wanted a Pilot as they have lots of room for my tall fatness and the v6 they use is supposed to be rock solid but I also hear that it is frequently closer to 20mpg than 24mpg. I'd probably get a Ranger before I'd buy a pilot if I were stuck on a little truck.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm really excited for this truck...I don't own a boat, or a damn camper...but I find myself needing the utility of a truck at the same time not wanting to spend 40-80k to get said truck. This is perfect for me, I'm curious about the pricing with the awd and Ecoboost.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#47]
It's probably no smaller than my 06 colorado and would suit allot of non HD truck buyers needs but the fwd awd and unibody are a no go for me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm really excited for this truck...I don't own a boat, or a damn camper...but I find myself needing the utility of a truck at the same time not wanting to spend 40-80k to get said truck. This is perfect for me, I'm curious about the pricing with the awd and Ecoboost.
View Quote

You saw the builder is active right?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#49]
They lost me at 'unibody'. And Chevy will probably be all over them for that grille.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

For one it's $10k more than what this Maverick base awd will cost. I'm not looking for a little truck this Maverick just checks the commuter boxes while being a little truck. The Ridgeline bed is only a little longer so it's not really an advantage. The main reason is cost. I actually really wanted a Pilot as they have lots of room for my tall fatness and the v6 they use is supposed to be rock solid but I also hear that it is frequently closer to 20mpg than 24mpg. I'd probably get a Ranger before I'd buy a pilot if I were stuck on a little truck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah they certainly seem proud of that Ridgeline based on the price, can't blame you there. Still, if the goal was a single vehicle to do it all vs a truck and a commuter then the price aspect probably isn't as big of a deal.

A Maverick + a bike rack sounds like the most cost effective solution for you, so I'm not pushing you towards the Ridgeline or whatever, but that fact also kinda points to why it might be a long a shot to see long bed version. It'd basically have to be a whole new design since it's unibody, all the while the base Ranger is sitting there at $25k with it's 6' bed and it's 21/26 mpg. For most the buyers a regular cab long box Maverick would appeal to, they're going to make little compromise getting into a Ranger.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top