Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the extra support would be nice, because I know unfortunately my reach exceeds my grasp.
View Quote
Guy down the road from me owns one of the biggest scrap metal/salvage yards around.
When I got my machines I had an endless supply of metal to turn into chips.
Best way to learn!
And youtube videos of course. Check out Keith Fenner, Abom79, NYCNC (think that's right)
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:07:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have to go shortly I have 6 hours of driving tomorrow.
View Quote
I have to take the trash off and put a wiper transmission and catalytic converter on a CRV.
Then I am going to be lazy the rest of the weekend.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:10:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The B-52's - Ain't It A Shame
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Guy down the road from me owns one of the biggest scrap metal/salvage yards around.
When I got my machines I had an endless supply of metal to turn into chips.
Best way to learn!
And youtube videos of course. Check out Keith Fenner, Abom79, NYCNC (think that's right)
View Quote
all those guys are on my subscribed list and a few more, sadly shop class 30 years ago, and you tube and google only take you so far, then you have to break shit on your own and learn the hard way!
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:11:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have to take the trash off and put a wiper transmission and catalytic converter on a CRV.
View Quote
I finally fought a transmission into an F5 today. I hope to get the fucker out soon.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (Official 4K Music Video)
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:12:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have to install a new starter on my fox body, and a starter solenoid just to be sure. One of them stuck the other day and lets just say a starter spinning at whatever 70 MPH works out to is not good for it.........
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Public Image Ltd - (This is Not a) Love Song
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have to install a new starter on my fox body, and a starter solenoid just to be sure. One of them stuck the other day and lets just say a starter spinning at whatever 70 MPH works out to is not good for it.........
View Quote
I have a noise
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:15:30 AM EDT
[#12]
When your pry bar is as tall as a car

Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Behind the mustang is the F5

Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:18:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I finally fought a transmission into an F5 today. I hope to get the fucker out soon.
View Quote
Think my buddy has a Dodge truck lined up for me next week, have to pull the trans and replace some freeze plugs.
Slave cylinder in an s10 one night next week too.
If the work stays steady I may go there full time. I am soooo tired of my day job.
This week wasn't as bad as I thought it would be on the base.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:19:13 AM EDT
[#16]
when you drive how to you organize or select your music? Do you have tunes to keep you awake?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:19:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Think my buddy has a Dodge truck lined up for me next week, have to pull the trans and replace some freeze plugs.
Slave cylinder in an s10 one night next week too.
If the work stays steady I may go there full time. I am soooo tired of my day job.
This week wasn't as bad as I thought it would be on the base.
View Quote
I want to change shops badly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
when you drive how to you organize or select your music? Do you have tunes to keep you awake?
View Quote
I listen to the radio. Often when I'm way out I just keep hitting search.

Don Williams - Listen To The Radio
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a noise
View Quote
it was just a lil rattle..........
and I said fuck it.....
didnt hear anything for a while, then 8 miles later it sounded like the exhaust fell off LOL the tach lost its shit, and battery voltage which had dropped to 9v came back up and it was fine till I got home and shut it down, then tried to restart, which it did.  But the poor starter sounded like 5 kinds of ass.
Pretty sure the solenoid stuck and took out the starter, the flywheel looked ok, rough, but serviceable, we will see, no big deal another $50 for a new one and 45 minutes to yank the trans and stuff it back in if its fragged.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:23:10 AM EDT
[#20]
the guys at oriellys were impressed by the carnage, LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:23:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:24:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
all those guys are on my subscribed list and a few more, sadly shop class 30 years ago, and you tube and google only take you so far, then you have to break shit on your own and learn the hard way!
View Quote
That is the only way to learn!
We didn't have a decent shop program when I was in school.
I always wanted to get into machine work but there really isn't much of that where I live.
I lived in Cincinnati in the early 90's and had a job at Faxon Machining for a few months.
I wish it would have worked out but I couldn't stand living in that big of a city.
Had to get back down south!
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:26:28 AM EDT
[#23]
John Conlee - Rose Colored Glasses
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
and I said fuck it.....
didnt hear anything for a while, then 8 miles later it sounded like the exhaust fell off LOL the tach lost its shit, and battery voltage which had dropped to 9v came back up and it was fine till I got home and shut it down, then tried to restart, which it did.  But the poor starter sounded like 5 kinds of ass.
Pretty sure the solenoid stuck and took out the starter, the flywheel looked ok, rough, but serviceable, we will see, no big deal another $50 for a new one and 45 minutes to yank the trans and stuff it back in if its fragged.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a noise
and I said fuck it.....
Fixed Or Repaired Daily.... I'm juss' sayin'
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:27:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the guys at oriellys were impressed by the carnage, LOL
View Quote
Does it have the big ass heavey starter or the smaller one?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:27:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That is the only way to learn!
We didn't have a decent shop program when I was in school.
I always wanted to get into machine work but there really isn't much of that where I live.
I lived in Cincinnati in the early 90's and had a job at Faxon Machining for a few months.
I wish it would have worked out but I couldn't stand living in that big of a city.
Had to get back down south!
View Quote
I was lucky lived in the midwest we had a big machine shop in school, everything from smaller atlas lathes to one big honkin old navy lathe, bridgeport's, surface grinders and then my step brother who is now a tool and die guy, his dad had a full service machine shop as well.  I got a lot of knowledge but, I know that I know just enough to really screw shit up as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:28:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Vehicle
Of
Low
Velosisty 
Owner
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:28:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I listen to the radio. Often when I'm way out I just keep hitting search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sRd00jqV4g
View Quote
Wow, I do that. Figured you had some elaborate set up that would go over my head
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:28:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Virtual Zeppelin - Ten Years Gone Cover
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:30:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow, I do that. Figured you had some elaborate set up that would go over my head
View Quote
I'm really a simple kind of guy. I just want shit to work.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:30:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put air in my tires and washer fluid in my Durango the other day.

But fixed a couple of sensors and a fuel injector, and a water pump and swapped out the cooling fan when it lost half of a blade for no apparent reason.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#32]
John Conlee - Friday Night Blues
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:30:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
ROFL, I will take this particular ford over anything, I paid $150 for it, installed a new fuel pump and ignition switch and tires, about 9 years ago.  Since then its required 2 more sets of tires, a alternator, oil changes, and now this.  80K miles I think since I bought it and I rag the SHIT out of it, the throttle and brakes are on off switches......  I have had at least one of almost everything over the years, and truth be told my favs are mercedes, buick and jeep.  But this lil turd just wont die.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:31:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

But fixed a couple of sensors and a fuel injector, and a water pump and swapped out the cooling fan when it lost half of a blade for no apparent reason.
View Quote
All runs better now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:32:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
 truth be told my favs are mercedes, buick and jeep.  But this lil turd just wont die.
View Quote
Sucker for punishment
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:32:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Does it have the big ass heavey starter or the smaller one?
View Quote
its got the larger one
way more than is needed for a 2.3 lima motor
damn thing probably has half the torque the actual engine makes
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#37]
John Conlee - Back Side of Thirty
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:34:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only thing stopping you is you.
You can do all of your own repairs and maintenance if you want.
If I had the internet in the 80's .. holy shit...
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:34:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sucker for punishment
View Quote
LOL, I pick the good ones, W124 chassis mercedes, diesel of course, buicks, 60s when they had real buick engines, the exception being anything with a 3.8, and jeeps only full size no CJ XJ YJ BS for me
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
All runs better now.
View Quote
No codes.  The old 2000 Durango will pass inspection.  I just started a new contract and got a 5k raise.   I see a new F-150 in my future..
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:35:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
its got the larger one
way more than is needed for a 2.3 lima motor
damn thing probably has half the torque the actual engine makes
View Quote
It helps to cancel out the torque of the mighty 2.3. Those are german motors that were designed for forklifts on such.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:35:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
THIS, the amount of information on how to do things even if your not mechanically inclined now days is astounding
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:35:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It helps to cancel out the torque of the mighty 2.3. Those are german motors that were designed for forklifts on such.
View Quote
that explains the top speed of 95 MPH
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
LOL, I pick the good ones, W124 chassis mercedes, diesel of course, buicks, 60s when they had real buick engines, the exception being anything with a 3.8, and jeeps only full size no CJ XJ YJ BS for me
View Quote
I hate all things Merc. 
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#45]
down hill with a tail wind of course
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:36:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
ROFL, I will take this particular ford over anything, I paid $150 for it, installed a new fuel pump and ignition switch and tires, about 9 years ago.  Since then its required 2 more sets of tires, a alternator, oil changes, and now this.  80K miles I think since I bought it and I rag the SHIT out of it, the throttle and brakes are on off switches......  I have had at least one of almost everything over the years, and truth be told my favs are mercedes, buick and jeep.  But this lil turd just wont die.
View Quote
Finance manager at the local GMC Dealer has one and he wants us to do a Coyote Swap on it.
I am trying to talk him into an LS
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
that explains the top speed of 95 MPH
View Quote
The turbo 2.3 was fun. I put on in my brother's 91 ranger for his graduation present. Fucker surprised many cars.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hate all things Merc. 
View Quote
I have had 3 a 70 250 c which was WAY ahead of its time compared to us production cars, but it was also way more complicated than it needed to be, the others were a 240d and a 300 TDT turbo diesel wagon... $500 and I ragged the shit out of it for 4 years, treated it like a 4x4 truck, the only thing that let me down was the fuel tank, evidently they are not boulder proof
LOL
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Been doing my own wrenching since I was 16.  Heater cores in a barracks parking lot in the middle of winter.  Tranny swaps in the driveway.  Never paid for an oil change. Luckily, I've never really had a vehicle really crap the bed. I can get creative if I have to but Youtube has a vid for everything these days.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:39:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Deep Purple - Highway Star 1972 Video HQ

Queen - I'm In Love With My Car (Official Video)

Golden Earring - Radar Love (1973) HD 0815007
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top