Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hush puppies go with fish not fried chicken
View Quote

It goes with both , IMO . Give it a try sometime . You may be pleasantly surprised . Or not . It’s a heck of a lot better than fries . I also eat them with shrimps , oysters ,fish, and crabs .
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Catfish, hush puppies, red beans and rice and fried okra, mmmm.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 2:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
get me a hush puppy daddy
We aint got time for that dammit
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for my ignorance, but what would it be called for left over seasoned breadcrumbs, seasoned flour and egg wash made into balls and fried

Last night's dinner thin sliced pork chop and my leftover egg wash Suprise

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Never ate fried chicken and hush puppies but always had them at a fish fry type meals.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good fried chicken is one of the true culinary delights in this world. That being said, hush puppies are fucking shit and okra in any form is a culinary affront and an abomination unto all that is sensible in the world. I would go so far as to say that anyone who eats and enjoys any type of cooked okra is mentally deficient and a pox upon humanity.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Black Lady Mac & Cheese is the preferred side for fried chicken ....  And yes, the term "Black-Lady Mac & Cheese" is common in the south  Its not a slander , it's an affectionate term . It lets you know you're not eating God-Damn Kraft or some shit.  It's homemade, with just the right amount of crust on top ,   the right type of noodles ,  plenty of cheese , and not watery at all .  

Fried Okra and/or Hush Puppies are saved for fried fish. Be it catfish , crappie , saltwater fish like trout , etc , etc...   Jalapeno hush puppies is where its at
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Fried jumbo lake perch, jalapeño hush puppies,  homemade slaw, and fresh sweet corn is our traditional 4th of July cook out.

My buddy makes the jalapeño hush puppies,  that are awesome.
I've been trying to get the recipe for 15 years and he won't give it up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I miss the good old days of a proper Long Johns Silver fried chicken and hush puppies!

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fried jumbo lake perch, jalape o hush puppies,  homemade slaw, and fresh sweet corn is our traditional 4th of July cook out.

My buddy makes the jalape o hush puppies,  that are awesome.
I've been trying to get the recipe for 15 years and he won't give it up.
View Quote
Cornbread* is really good with a little Chipotle /Adobo sauce mixed in, too.
I used to make it that way frequently before I cut back on carbs.

*and by association I would guess hush puppies, too

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top