Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
He'll eventually realize she did him a favor.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You must know me, or this shit is fucking contagious..
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#3]
"Mommy said she was running away to join the circus and wouldn't ever be coming back. Now hand me that bottle of bleach. I have to get this woodchipper cleaned off and returned to the Rental Center before they close so I can get my deposit back."
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I have several divorced friends, 2nd wife >>> scrimage wife.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#5]
If i remarry, im going to be a picky sumbitch. Im not going be looking for someone who just did the same to their man, like i was done. The motherfucker doing it to me, I have no sympathy for his fucking ass and the baggage he is fucking getting.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
O boy. The regular "well, I'm not the only one" thread, right on time as I'm sitting here thinking about miserable crap.

As I have been told, they're never really yours, it's just your turn.
View Quote

There are exceptions, but you are right
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
There's someone else, guaranteed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
She probably fucking someone else
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Keeping in mind that we’re getting one side of the story (presented in a way to present the man in the best light) filtered through the perception of the OP, who is also predisposed to presenting things to make his point, I would hazard a guess that there were absolutely warning signs.

And given the incredibly obtuse, “I don’t give a shit about my spouse or what she likes or needs”, derogatory posts made by many of the men here in regards to their wives, there’s a better than decent chance he treated her like a shitty inconvenience who should be grateful he was never around and resented the hell out of her unless he was in the middle of using her as a self propelled fleshlight.

Maybe not, but it does seem to be common. A paycheck doesn’t build or maintain a relationship no matter how many men think it should.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
selfish bitch.. Poor dude, hopefully some young hottie is hanging on his arms next time the bitch sees him
View Quote

That actually happened to me

I've told the story a million times. The short version is, after 18 years of marriage, in 2013 I was in a gruesome accident. I was run over by a truck and dragged under a loaded racecar trailer/toy hauler. Took me three years to get my shit together.

Faced with the prospect of having to care for a blind cripple whose income potential had been destroyed, my wife pulled the handle and punched out.

Looking back, it was the most profound gift she could have given me aside from our daughter. My daughter is now an adult and owns her own home.

My ex-wife is still lonely and alone. Cynical and miserable. Me? I'm still broke and dealing with a raft of medical bullshit. But I live my life like a fat kid at a dessert buffet, whose plate never gets full.

Life is hard, but overall it's absolutely glorious. I've learned more about women since 2016 than I have in my entire lifetime. I'm 50, and I came of age in the 80s.

Thank you Julie. You set me free. You'll be drinking alone tonight in my old house.

I won't be alone.

I'll end this with how i feel about blindness:

When you are blackout blind, your world is full of despair. You learn to understand loneliness when your world is black.

And then one day you wake up, and you perceive a hint of gray blazing through your bedroom windows.

Darkness leads to gray.
Gray leads to color.
And if you are extremely fortunate, color leads to living in the light.

Live in the light my friends.

Happy New Year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've told the story a million times. The short version is, after 18 years of marriage, in 2013 I was in a gruesome accident. I was run over by a truck and dragged under a loaded racecar trailer/toy hauler. Took me three years to get my shit together.

Faced with the prospect of having to care for a blind cripple whose income potential had been destroyed, my wife pulled the handle and punched out.

Looking back, it was the most profound gift she could have given me aside from our daughter. My daughter is now an adult and owns her own home.

My ex-wife is still lonely and alone. Cynical and miserable. Me? I'm still broke and dealing with a raft of medical bullshit. But I live my life like a fat kid at a dessert buffet, whose plate never gets full.

Life is hard, but overall it's absolutely glorious. I've learned more about women since 2016 than I have in my entire lifetime. I'm 50, and I came of age in the 80s.

Thank you Julie. You set me free. You'll be drinking alone tonight in my old house.

I won't be alone.

When you are blackout blind, your world is full of despair. You learn to understand loneliness when your world is black.

And then one day you wake up, and you perceive a hint of gray blazing through your bedroom windows.

Darkness leads to gray.
Gray leads to color.

Happy New Year.
View Quote

(Emoted you a beer, cheers to you!)
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I won't be alone.

Darkness leads to gray.
Gray leads to color.

Happy New Year.
View Quote

Profound. Good for you. As I said, she did him a favor. Happy New Year to you!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:56:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I won't be alone.

Darkness leads to gray.
Gray leads to color.

Happy New Year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
selfish bitch.. Poor dude, hopefully some young hottie is hanging on his arms next time the bitch sees him

I won't be alone.

Darkness leads to gray.
Gray leads to color.

Happy New Year.

Are you serious? If so, I would really like to meet you my friend next time I'm in your fine state. Easily one of the most inspiring things I've read here. And I've been here  a long time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Picture of acquaintances wife?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#16]
My dad.  But he had a side piece (who he lived with for most of 35 years, so not just a fling, I guess).  He waited until I was a senior in high school and my sister was in college.  I always resented him for it...he died this year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My dad.  But he had a side piece (who he lived with for most of 35 years, so not just a fling, I guess).  He waited until I was a senior in high school and my sister was in college.  I always resented him for it...he died this year.
View Quote

I cant imagine what this was like....I must be wired different, if I even have coffee with a female friend, I tell my wife...one of my closest and best freinds is female, she is single, never been married, she is 61, two years younger than me and I talk to her a lot, we worked together, refienry engineers and went thru a lot of crap together...I will tell my wife I am going in my gun room and calling T....she says tell her hello for me.  

One of my sons school friends....his mom, did a similiar to his dad....got up one morning and said I am not happy and leaving...moved in with her "female best friend".  My wife sees her on FB and she appears to be happy...
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#18]
God here we go

At 34 (now 64),  I left the "Love of my life"
Before and after after 2 1/2yrs

Broke my heart, no cheating but accussed me
but I was not  she was that insecure

I left it got crazy, went back it got crazier.

After intense soul searching I left,  one night she slashed 4 tires ( cut her hand bad) never saw the cut, she had 10 stitches. ( I wonder how that scar healed, plus it must a constant reminder).
Then she hit up a friend of mine,, who could not get laid in a whorehouse w fist of 20s. She told him , she was always interested in him. Idiot got to her place thinking he is the new rooster. She fucked him to make me jealous, then threw him out after.   She called several days later . She told me , she fucked him. I calmly said thank you for validating my leaving and revealing what would have happened to me eventually. At the time, nor later,  it did not phase me.  It is now! go figure

I never cheated!!!!.

So got my act together, renewed my passport and hit Ireland for a month banging natural redheads & blondes, they love Americans.

Now married 13 yrs good wife,

After numerous invasive surgeries , who pops onto my head,   it's crazy after 30yrs.

I'm actually going to talk with a therapist next week,
I can't get a bitch out of my head.

If my wife left me,  I would not bat a eye.

I would catch the next aer lingus flight to Ireland
Americam women are hung up, Euro women is where its at for the young ones here

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It’s hard for younger guys to roll the dice knowing this is somewhat common.
View Quote

Been married 23 years. I wouldn't get married again. Wouldn't want to take that chance.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Keeping in mind that we're getting one side of the story (presented in a way to present the man in the best light) filtered through the perception of the OP, who is also predisposed to presenting things to make his point, I would hazard a guess that there were absolutely warning signs.
Snip
View Quote
For fuckin sure.  If for no other reason than most people aren't capable of that level of deceit, but more probably because he sailed through the warnings on cruise control.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On the bright side this works both ways.  Dude is getting a second chance to find someone younger and better.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia4.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl0ErFafpUCQTQFMSk%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

View Quote

Exactly. I've been married over twenty years. If I was single now, at least I have money compared to twenty years ago. Chicks dig money, especially young single mothers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Bitches be cray
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you serious? If so, I would really like to meet you my friend next time I'm in your fine state. Easily one of the most inspiring things I've read here. And I've been here  a long time.
View Quote

Absolutely serious.

I was a volunteer EMT. It was my way of "giving back", and satisfying my sense of altruism.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't help pay the bills. I was a network admin by trade.

When I got hit I was a track safety official for a couple of local racetracks. I put out fires and extricated drivers from their wrecked cars.

There were lots of fires. Lols of wrecks. I loved the work. It paid very very well.

The guy who hit me was drunk. Upset after wrecking his pro stock on a barrier. Despite wearing my green Gumby jacket, he didn't see me.

ETA: Me in a Gumby jacket:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
She’s probably definitely fucking someone else
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
FIXED
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Been married 34 of the 35 years we have been together.

Both of us have had our demons and both have had justifiable cause to bail out.

There is no such thing as "no warning signs", only an unwillingness to see them.

There is almost always 2 sides to a story, I won't pass judgement based on one side particularly after reading some of the pompous scum-baggery I have on this site.

I don't blame people for not wanting to get married anymore, the overwhelming majority are completely unwilling to accept that the vow they took is not just a commitment to themselves, for themselves, but a commitment to a union. Finding two people who are otherwise compatible that recognize that is a long shot in todays world.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
fpni
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#28]
You know nothing about their marriage.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Ungodliness
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#31]
It happens every few years around here, something about middle aged women in a small town.

One of them leaves their man, then about 5 more do in a month.

Always women in their 40's, older kids.

I don't ever know the whole story though, I'm sure in a lot of cases the relationships were dead for years.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't know all the fine details but this happened to a guy at work.

He went to a temporary out of town job.  Started having relationship issues and comes back early.

Two months later the wife just ups and leaves him and their THREE KIDS for some former high school flame.

He has 100% custody and I spoke with him a year later and she signed off on NONE of his IRA or pension as he caught her on a guilty conscience week.

Women are crazy yo!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I cant imagine what this was like....I must be wired different, if I even have coffee with a female friend, I tell my wife...one of my closest and best freinds is female, she is single, never been married, she is 61, two years younger than me and I talk to her a lot, we worked together, refienry engineers and went thru a lot of crap together...I will tell my wife I am going in my gun room and calling T....she says tell her hello for me.  

One of my sons school friends....his mom, did a similiar to his dad....got up one morning and said I am not happy and leaving...moved in with her "female best friend".  My wife sees her on FB and she appears to be happy...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember being at a party one time, when we were much younger. A girl we went to school with tried to kiss me...twice.

The next day when I saw my wife I said "So and so tried to kiss me last night....twice" She goes "Really? I thought she was a good girl....that slut".

Several years later we were at a party together and an older lady in the community walked by and grabbed my ass. I said "Hey, did you see that? So and so just grabbed my ass".

Her reply "If you didn't want your butt touched, you shouldn't have worn those pants".

We talk about everything. If I was unhappy, or had a desire to wander, I would at least be up front about it early.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
  If she's not already, she has a new pecker in her vaginal sights.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Dat first post.   Disney expectation of happily ever after.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I remember being at a party one time, when we were much younger. A girl we went to school with tried to kiss me...twice.

The next day when I saw my wife I said "So and so tried to kiss me last night....twice" She goes "Really? I thought she was a good girl....that slut".

Several years later we were at a party together and an older lady in the community walked by and grabbed my ass. I said "Hey, did you see that? So and so just grabbed my ass".

Her reply "If you didn't want your butt touched, you shouldn't have worn those pants".

We talk about everything. If I was unhappy, or had a desire to wander, I would at least be up front about it early.
View Quote

That's how my relationship works with my wife of 26 years, and how all good relationships should work.

I'm not saying there haven't been temptations, we're all human, but I was man enough to keep my vows to my wife.

There are always warning signs, he just ignored them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When a woman decides it's over it's usually a long process that she agonized over and once she finally reveals her decision nothing can be done
View Quote
Do not agree. She woke up one day and said fuck it, I'm out. If she doesn't already have another cock on standby, she will. All they have to do is point at the one they want and lure it in with the index finger.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't ever know the whole story though, I'm sure in a lot of cases the relationships were dead for years.
View Quote

Agreed.

Hell, I just did the same thing a few posts ago in this very thread.

My wife wasn't the bad guy in my situation. Our bedroom was dead, and I was never home.

Despite me bringing home mad stacks of cash, she felt like a single parent. When I was home, I spent most of my time with our daughter, trying to be a good Dad.

Mistakes were made on both sides. I wouldn't have cut and run after a medical trauma, but by that time my wife already lived her life like a widow. She had already checked out emotionally, and I really can't blame her.

To you younger guys trying to maintain a relationship I will say this: Don't ever forget why you fell in love with her in the first place.

Courtship never ends. Treat her like a girlfriend. Make time to date her. Last month my sweetheart took me for a weekend at a pretentious bed and breakfast. I could have spent the weekend at her place, and she could have spent the weekend at mine.

We both had a wonderful time.

If she knows she is beautiful, cherished, and protected, a good woman would fight to the death to keep that.

If you don't, neither will she.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not buying it that there were no warning signs.  If he’s just an acquaintance then what’s the odds that he’s told you the whole story?
View Quote

You'd like to think so but she was probably the happiest and nicest she's ever been in the relationship knowing she was on the way out.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That monkey had it's hand on the next branch before it let go of this one.
View Quote
And, if your acquaintance makes a conscious decision to come through this with wisdom instead of bitterness, it will be the best Christmas present he's ever gotten.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#41]
80% of divorces are initiated by the female, often because they have some vague sentiment of being unhappy. They either have anew guy on the side or suffer from Cinderella syndrome and are unhappy that life didn't turn out to be the fairy tale they were pitched their entire lives.
Sorry for your friend.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#42]
85% of women are complete shit.

The end.

Take your chances. I know I will never do it again
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
85% of women are complete shit.

The end.

Take your chances. I know I will never do it again
View Quote

Not a woman, not defending them (might even largely agree), what percentage would you apply to men?

Genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That monkey had it's hand on the next branch before it let go of this one.
View Quote

Thread...
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Who knows the truth, but my money is on some other dude on the side.

I sure miss the days when neither spouse was perfect, but with the exception of abuse or cheating, you found a way to work it out. She didnt bail as soon as the tingly feelings went away, or she was feeling down and you were a convenient target for blame, or some guy said she was pretty and she hopped in his lap.

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:10:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
When a woman decides it’s over it’s usually a long process that she agonized over and once she finally reveals her decision nothing can be done
View Quote

+1

Absolutely.  May as well help her pack her bags.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not a woman, not defending them (might even largely agree), what percentage would you apply to men?

Genuinely curious.
View Quote

Men in general have always been shitty. I think men have gotten better and women worse. I know more single divorced dads that are "good guy" vs women that are "good women". If they were good women I would be talking to them, but the vast majority are lazy, slutty, entitled trash. Most of the divorced guys are solid dependable working stiffs. Maybe a bit boring, yeah. Several have gotten custody of their kids like me. This time around I am in a better position than them, my ex hasnt gone totally insane at least.

One exception, I just found out my ex BIL may be getting divorced. He is a cheater, twice that Im aware of. She is awesome, responsible, smart, dedicated, fairly attractive etc. She is a catch. He is a dumbass. She is too good for me, and it would almost seem like incest, but man......
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would bet one United States dollar that he gave her a waffle iron or a vacuum sweeper for Christmas.
View Quote

so ..who cares what he gave. this BS of you having to one up every year shouldn't matter. My MIL is like this oh you have to get the most expensive and thoughtful gift. What he probably got was a pair of socks and she thought that was good enough.

Doesn't matter anyway she wanted out, she should have given the deed to the house and left everything inside as a christmas present.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah,  not my dog, not my fight, but bullshit like this makes me wonder what's wrong with some people.
View Quote

Hypergamy doesn't care about your relationship equity.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Keeping in mind that we’re getting one side of the story (presented in a way to present the man in the best light) filtered through the perception of the OP, who is also predisposed to presenting things to make his point, I would hazard a guess that there were absolutely warning signs.

And given the incredibly obtuse, “I don’t give a shit about my spouse or what she likes or needs”, derogatory posts made by many of the men here in regards to their wives, there’s a better than decent chance he treated her like a shitty inconvenience who should be grateful he was never around and resented the hell out of her unless he was in the middle of using her as a self propelled fleshlight.

Maybe not, but it does seem to be common. A paycheck doesn’t build or maintain a relationship no matter how many men think it should.
View Quote

You can only hear the same story so many times though.

Since men aren't going to change, wouldn't be better if men simply went their own way?
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top