Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
lol so he claimed claustrophobia about being in the back seat of the cruiser (so how did he get anywhere if cars make him claustrophobic?) and he ASKED to be taken out, and lay on the ground...lol, he asked for that

This just gets better and better
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Of course that scumbag resisted the whole time. The truth will come out and all officers will be exonerated. Then they will sue for millions.
View Quote

Doubt it. These guys are fucked. There’s no way they get exonerated. They will get fucked to appease the rioting unwashed masses.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
lol so he claimed claustrophobia about being in the back seat of the cruiser (so how did he get anywhere if cars make him claustrophobic?) and he ASKED to be taken out, and lay on the ground...lol, he asked for that

View Quote

He was panicking while being high which exacerbated it. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Precursor condition to "There it is."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is "hooping"?

Precursor condition to "There it is."

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Minneapolis Cops Cause Tragic Ending

Since it seems some don't remember the video.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Doubt it. These guys are fucked. There’s no way they get exonerated. They will get fucked to appease the rioting unwashed masses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course that scumbag resisted the whole time. The truth will come out and all officers will be exonerated. Then they will sue for millions.

I'm fairly confident (%65) that they get off at this point, at least of anything felony level. The governor and especially mayor of Minneapolis has been in the news here publicly calling the cops murders, labeling it a cold blooded murder, etc. He's pretty well poisoned the local jury pool and possibly pools anywhere near the cities. I would not be surprised if they moved the trial out of the city because of it. Even if they didn't, given all the evidence coming out that this was (imo) at best just a horrible accident and at worst a horrible accident abetted by indecision and lack of experience...yeah, I expect shit to get sporty when the trial rolls around and they all walk out without any major charges against them holding up.

But, I could be wrong..

The cop who shot Philando Castile not too far from that area got off, and that was widely considered to be a slam dunk for conviction during the trial. So...we'll see.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
100's of millions of dollars in damage based on a poster boy who died because of bad choices.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Earl Grey

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

perception is reality. these cops are done.

and this points to something i am seeing a lot of. and its been going on for a while. trayvon is one example, hands up dont shoot guy another, the guy in the atlanta wendys also

these folks are all intoxicated on one or more things. what would often been a straight forward arrest or confrontation flies off the handle quickly. if the perp is large it makes restraining them difficult.

the kneeling on the neck looked bad. and probably wasnt necessary the full 9 minutes.

but what do you do when a large intoxicated person who might be on something that will kill them anyway, struggles?

the recently canceled Live PD had a filmed event where a perp died in similar circumstances. i think he died of a heart attack and was on some sort of drug. the guy was also overweight.

frankly.. i think all these 'defund the police' should be given what they ask for in their neighborhoods. sane folks would not not to venture into the forbidden zone and the locals could no longer complain about police brutality. sorta like escape from new york.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't fucking matter. Kneeling on his neck for minutes after he was unresponsive is excessive force.

perception is reality. these cops are done.

and this points to something i am seeing a lot of. and its been going on for a while. trayvon is one example, hands up dont shoot guy another, the guy in the atlanta wendys also

these folks are all intoxicated on one or more things. what would often been a straight forward arrest or confrontation flies off the handle quickly. if the perp is large it makes restraining them difficult.

the kneeling on the neck looked bad. and probably wasnt necessary the full 9 minutes.

but what do you do when a large intoxicated person who might be on something that will kill them anyway, struggles?

the recently canceled Live PD had a filmed event where a perp died in similar circumstances. i think he died of a heart attack and was on some sort of drug. the guy was also overweight.

frankly.. i think all these 'defund the police' should be given what they ask for in their neighborhoods. sane folks would not not to venture into the forbidden zone and the locals could no longer complain about police brutality. sorta like escape from new york.

"OH SHIT, HE'S ON PCP!  Everyone back in the squad car, before he hurts himself while we're on-camera with him!"
"Why din you guyz stop him from beating his head into the wall?!"

It's a no-win situation when spectators force the cops to abide by their idiotic assumptions and biases

All they can do is not show up in the first place...oh wait

"Where the fuzz when you need 'em?!"

Nope.  Can't win so long as we're paying attention to such idiots.  We used to just ignore dumbasses, and were a lot better off for it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could imagine myself being claustrophobic with just handcuffs on, and even more so with handcuffs on inside of an enclosed area.

Thats the way I took it anyway.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like he was already having a medical emergency and feeling the impending doom, possibly MI, before the knee on the neck. Sounds like he was going to die no matter what the cops did or didn't do.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not a problem.
8 minutes EACH way because having your face pressed into the pavement for 8 minutes is not lethal but it is unpleasant.
I'll be down first.
Meet me at the penfield,ny burger king.
View Quote

I’ll be there. I am wearing shorts and driving a car.  If I tell you that you have the wrong guy just ignore it. Don’t let me back out.  Make sure you video it and put it on YouTube.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Given the fact that Floyd disclosed the covid, I wonder if he had his knee on the neck to try to stop him from breathing/shouting/spitting in his direction?
View Quote

I brought up this possibility once here and was told he was undoubtedly murdered and that I was a racist
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
End of the day...

My prediction is this-

He died of a heart attack.  His "I can't breathe" was not due to lungs, it was his heart failing to circulate oxygenated blood that manifest itself as a panic to breathe...even though no amount of breathing would solve it.

They held him in the street waiting on the ambulance.  

The ambulance wasn't coming due to threat.

The officers didn't know this and held him down, awaiting the ambulance.  

The meth, opiates, and heart condition killed him.  The officers had no way to know he was on drugs or had a bad heart...and while they could have put him in the car, it likely fell into a mental trap of "ambulance on the way"...the "help is on the way" trap causes paralysis in the tactical world.  It solves the problem without solving the problem.  

He died as a result of the above...and the officers will walk.  3/4 should walk anyway...one never touched him and at least one of the others was a first week new guy that was doing what his FTO said to do.

View Quote

I've been getting the impression that Floyd was a dead man, even if the cops weren't called. The arrest sped it up, and the knee to the neck sped it up even more.

I wonder if he'd have made it to the hospital with out the knee on his neck. Then, once in the hospital, he'd have entered a treatment program and turned his life around.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You left out multiple knees on his back.
Considerable weight compressing his chest probably had a lot more to do with his exit than pressure on the back of his neck that wasn't choking him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heart attack.
Heart disease.
Hypertension.
Covid.
Weed.
Meth.
Fentanyl.
Morhpine.
Knee on the neck.

That's a lot of shit.

You left out multiple knees on his back.
Considerable weight compressing his chest probably had a lot more to do with his exit than pressure on the back of his neck that wasn't choking him.

No. He died from a heart attack. Blood clot occluding a coronary vessel. Oxygenated blood could not circulate. He had plenty of tidal volume to speak clearly up until death.

Drugs bad. DNA bad.. Mmmmkay.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The autopsy report indicated he had more than a lethal does of fentanyl in his system. It also does not name homicide as the cause of death.
View Quote

A lethal dose of fentanyl means he stops breathing. Then you die from stopping breathing not from the fentanyl. The meth was over riding the opiate. Like a speedball (herion-cocaine).
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I could imagine myself being claustrophobic with just handcuffs on, and even more so with handcuffs on inside of an enclosed area.

Thats the way I took it anyway.
View Quote

In all fairness, it wasn't Floyd's first, second, third, fourth, or twenty-eighth time in cuffs.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So the knee to the neck had nothing to do with his death?

Is that what all of the above means?
View Quote

He can't occlude the trachea from the rear of the neck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is when a credentialed EMT tells you the guy is in a medical emergency...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, but it’s certainly not murder or manslaughter on it’s own.

We trust all credentials yelled out on a scene now?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Who was the driver? The chick who didn't have her driver's license, a crime I believe, or George who was seconds away killing someone driving fucked up out his gourd?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why do blacks act belligerent and ignorant in all of these encounters with the Police.
View Quote

It seems there's two constants in the bulk of these high profile incidents:
1) They arise from legitimate contacts;
2) They are initially escalated by the person being contacted.

Sure, you will occasionally see a black dude sitting on a park bench minding his own business, reading Wuthering Heights,
when the local jump-out squad springs from their unmarked to unleash the Flashlight Octopus for no reason at all.
However, such incidents aren't nearly as common as some would like to think.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not to defend Floyd, but with the shrinking of patrol cars, one place that's really been cut is the prisoner area behind the cage.
This guy was 6 07, extremely large. There isn't enough space in the back seat of many modern patrol cars for anyone over 6 foot tall.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Minnesota AG Keith Ellison has already stated "it will be hard to get a conviction".

This will be very interesting to watch.
View Quote

Was he grinning like the fucking Cheshire Comey when he said that?

Seeing this transcript...this was cut & dry from the very start.  Zero reason it couldn't have been released, like the Mike Brown robbery video, to deflate these protests before they exploded.

The outrage was 100% fabricated.  Goddam Marxists like this guy Ellison spread a bunch of rumors along with a shitty out of context movie, and dumbasses lapped it right up, and set out as a lynch mob like a bunch of fireants drunk on pheromones.

The most...strident, posters here that attacked these cops based on the movie should be ashamed of themselves.  Useful idiots, every one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't have time to read the whole thing but I thought this would be the exception to "more to the story"

looks like I was wrong
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#26]
He was resisting and a career shit bag,  but it will take a lot to convince me that knee on the neck was OK for that amount of time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Typical ghetto double talk.  Say one thing and do another.  Agree to an action and then don’t cooperate.  I swear these people much go to a class on obfuscation.

Was George some kind of fucked up?  Possibly, because his histrionics seem odd.  But the overall behavior is what I have seen for decades.
View Quote

They kept asking if he was high for a reason.

The evasive behavior reminds me of tales I've heard from those with Iraq service, that the locals would make up the most pointless, ass-retarded lies about stuff.  Like, drag an AK & grenades out of some baker's flour sacks, and in response he says "those aren't there!" "Uh, yes they are..." "Well they're not mine, then!" "Does anyone have the key to your store room?" "I don't lock my store room!" "It opens onto a public street, and was locked when we first arrived." "No it wasn't!"

"I can't spell 'George'" sure says it all.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, I have to.

“POLICE”
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, I believe he was having a full on panic attack; he was high as fuck and was freaking the fuck out from paranoia (not to mention an obvious crippling phobia of police from his many prior exploits)

I just don't believe that's the police's job to handle; it's all on George to calm himself as they roll up on him.  But he couldn't, and he got so excited his heart exploded, or maybe the massive fentanyl dose fully kicked in once he'd already burned his 20 chances at sympathy from the officers.

The only --only-- thing that sounded remotely unprofessional was the profanity from the understandably jumpy cop when Floyd wouldn't show his hands & was acting dangerously, when they first approached him.  Even then, the restraint was more than I could muster.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cities are going to burn when those cops get off.

View Quote

That's the problem with finding people guilty in the media, before the trial and before all the evidence has been discovered and presented.

I still think they handled it badly, but it sure doesn't sound like pre-meditated murder.  It sounds like some cops who have a resisting subject, who was doped to the gills, and in bad health,  that they just can't get  completely under control.

I think as the person control holding him or as one of the cops watching, I would have handled it a lot different once I saw Floyd pass out and quit moving.  

That would have scared the shit out of me, and I would have been going into amateur EMT mode immediately.   Chauvin just acted like it wasn't nothing.   That's still not good.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Why not, I have to.

“POLICE”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, I have to.

“POLICE”

You don't ask to see credentials? The people on the sidelines weren't in any uniform.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#32]
“I dindu nuffin”
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You don't ask to see credentials? The people on the sidelines weren't in any uniform.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, I have to.

“POLICE”

When they are yelling “POLICE” there is zero opportunity to ask for credentials or verify uniforms, but you knew that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#34]
They are going to overcharge the cops and the jury is going to acquit based on laws presented...

probably right around November...

And Democrat cities are going to burn, there will be shooting in the streets because everyone is primed on Marxist Race Meth. Biden in a landslide because white young people and old progressives just feel so damn privileged/guilty that only an old racist white Democrat can right the country via destruction of the institutions that bolster our society up.

Screw BLM, Screw universities, Screw Democrats, screw corporations supporting this BS, and screw ghetto rats getting away with murder/looting/etc.

At that point I say everyone in the silent majority just decides to go on a cleaning spree around their respective areas. All have to go from offenders to enablers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsc2ivfk9rY

View Quote

Yeah, I do.

By the time of the released video's start, Floyd had lied, resisted, and lied over a dozen time about everything from phobias to a medical emergency.  The cops didn't make Floyd convince them he was full of shit and /finally/ calming down when lost consciousness, due to an /actual/ medical emergency he couldn't even coherently convey to the officers.

He could breathe fine; the cops were talking with him to verify he could.  The problem was his heart was no longer working, and you can't see that from the outside easily until it's way too late.  Especially when Floyd gave them no symptoms suggesting that.  Just "I can't breathe" over & over after plainly lying about that exact thing shortly after they first met. They called an ambulance, and bumped its priority, and even tried to determine what might be wrong with him before he succumbed.  They concluded it was a psychological issue he was experiencing, not a cardio issue, based on the type of drug paraphernalia they found.

Floyd also didn't make the crowd of idiots hoop & holler feet away from the officers when he could.have been getting CPR (not that it'd have mattered)

In short, the officers did a hell of a lot more to save this asshole than the onlookers shouting "he dindu muffin!" and "you're killin him!" and pushing toward the officers while they tried to keep Floyd under control.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sure, you will occasionally see a black dude sitting on a park bench minding his own business, reading Wuthering Heights,
when the local jump-out squad springs from their unmarked to unleash the Flashlight Octopus for no reason at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do blacks act belligerent and ignorant in all of these encounters with the Police.

LOL, flashlight octopus

What's that from?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Only if they let them.  The citizens don't want any more destruction by these assholes.
View Quote

Lmai. The sheep will let them loot and pillage, and bitch about it, but the majority won't throw hands over it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It’s not usual to discuss why you’re arresting someone while they’re actively resisting your attempts to detain them.  Also no legal requirement to tell someone why they’re going in cuffs before they’re in them.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not going into cuffs without being told why. Fuck that. If I ever get stuck in that situation, I'll gladly accept the consequences for resisting.

I will not pick up that can. ?????
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm not going into cuffs without being told why. Fuck that. If I ever get stuck in that situation, I'll gladly accept the consequences for resisting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not usual to discuss why you’re arresting someone while they’re actively resisting your attempts to detain them.  Also no legal requirement to tell someone why they’re going in cuffs before they’re in them.

I've been taking into custody, with five guns pointed at me, because someone logged a stolen car license plate wrong.

Not a good feeling but I sure wasn't about to argue the point.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck with that.

Discretion is the better part of valor, a lesson perennially lost on the scum of the erf types that challenge police from such poor strategic standing.
Lack of self control is the issue.

I've also been placed in cuffs while cops figured something out.  I didn't like it, but controlled myself (even when Lady Luck chose that instant for a broomstick to slide down the wall onto the floor loudly out of eyeshot )
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don’t need to learn anything

Post your video proving yourself right or slink away.

But if you insist start driving I will meet you in Oshkosh on Saturday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get to it put it on YouTube.
Remember whole body with a neck and upper chest plus another man on your lower back Also while handcuffed.
I eagerly await your video

You gotta be there.
You need to learn personally from both sides that it's not lethal.

I don’t need to learn anything

Post your video proving yourself right or slink away.

But if you insist start driving I will meet you in Oshkosh on Saturday.

So he can end up “cancelled” like the numerous people who’ve already done just that?  

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Nothing leading up the the arrest justified his treatment after he was pulled out of the car.

Absolutely nothing justified the officer continuing to kneel on Floyd's neck after he became non-responsive. Floyd was murdered by a police officer in broad daylight - documented on a bunch of video, and not up for debate.

Perfectly reasonable to ask questions about policing in general, or the resulting riots, or all the ways we are trying to tear each other apart in this country, but don't be an idiot and defend the officer's conduct, it was completely reprehensible, and it makes all of us look bad.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

When they are yelling “POLICE” there is zero opportunity to ask for credentials or verify uniforms, but you knew that.
View Quote

If they are in plain clothes I believe they must exhibit some type of credentials. I understand your point though. But, with someone yelling "I'm an EMT!!" needs to have further vetting.

If someone comes onto a trauma scene and says, "I am a doctor." There should be some type of credentials given to take authority onscene. Also, if that doctor is a OB/GYN on a trauma scene, you may respectfully, decline their help. But every scene is different.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsc2ivfk9rY

View Quote

We’re already aware that Chauvin kept his knee on the back of GF’s neck for nearly 10 minutes and GF died.  That’s all that abbreviated clip is good for.  Certainly doesn’t prove CoD nor does it document all the evidence leading up to that video.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I've been taking into custody, with five guns pointed at me, because someone logged a stolen car license plate wrong.

Not a good feeling but I sure wasn't about to argue the point.
View Quote

Yeah; but, you’re a bad dude. They must have been concerned that you’d hulk out on them. I bet they still have ptsd from that day.

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like even he knew he was dying long before the knee.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Why not, I have to.

“POLICE”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, I have to.

“POLICE”

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top