BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Doing it on MLK day certainly can't be an accident either, and probably gives some insight into their motivations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

Y'all need to lighten up. It doesn't say they were 88'ers.  (which, even that would be their right and their business).

They're reenactors. You realize that people dress up like Confederates, Indians, Bushi, all kinds of historically oppressive characters. But, for some reason, dress up in a Nazi uniform and people get their panties all bunched up.
I think that there is a difference between participating in a re-enactment of WWII and attending dinner at a German restaurant dressed as a Nazi.  It doesn't really bother me and I certainly don't think they're 88ers, but it is one of the things that makes you go "Wow, what a titanically bad business decision."  

Doing it on MLK day certainly can't be an accident either, and probably gives some insight into their motivations.

This  !!!

Dressing up like a Nazi is one thing. To do it on MLK day is certainly sending a message.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate Minnesota Nazis.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This  !!!

Dressing up like a Nazi is one thing. To do it on MLK day is certainly sending a message.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

Y'all need to lighten up. It doesn't say they were 88'ers.  (which, even that would be their right and their business).

They're reenactors. You realize that people dress up like Confederates, Indians, Bushi, all kinds of historically oppressive characters. But, for some reason, dress up in a Nazi uniform and people get their panties all bunched up.
I think that there is a difference between participating in a re-enactment of WWII and attending dinner at a German restaurant dressed as a Nazi.  It doesn't really bother me and I certainly don't think they're 88ers, but it is one of the things that makes you go "Wow, what a titanically bad business decision."  

This  !!!

What about the other 5 times they hosted the party in December?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Strawmen, the lot of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

It's called The Holocaust.  

Yet Confederates (Slavery), American Cavalry (Trail of Tears), European Colonianists (Slavery/Apartheid/Etc), Soviet Soldiers (Any non-Russo ethnic group/Jews) are all A-OK?!

Well, now, how do you arrive at that conclusion? I'm guessing, from your screen name, that you're more sensitive to the Nazi thing than other historical oppressors. (not trying to slam you  AT ALL). If so, you have every right to be offended that someone would enjoy reenacting something Nazi. Same as black folks are understandably miffed at confederate reenactors. Oddly enough, I don't see a lot of outcry from the Jewish community when someone dresses as a Pharaoh.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

View Quote

Not true. People tend to get bent out of shape when skin heads and other white power types wear SS uniforms and when people wear Nazi uniforms on MLK day.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey!  Who is up for a Pol Pot party?
View Quote

Can it be a Pol Pot Luck Party?

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well that was just dumb.  
View Quote

I agree, but whatever makes them happy I guess. Some people like to play the weirdest "dress up" games.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not true. People tend to get bent out of shape when skin heads and other white power types wear SS uniforms and when people wear Nazi uniforms on MLK day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

I only see one SS uniform in the pictures.  Not many skinheads wear Luftwaffe uniforms and there are several pictured.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

View Quote

I don't think anyone here is exactly up in arms about it. Of course if you are into the kind of thing its fun. But if you are a normal adult, it's kinda . No matter who you dress as.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

MLK day is a stupid, PC, manufactured holiday.

You've no evidence they were 88'ers. (not that it would matter as far as their rights go)
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I've eaten there
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So what. When they start hassling Jews, then you can give a shit.
View Quote

I kinda feel this way too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

It's called The Holocaust.  

Yet Confederates (Slavery), American Cavalry (Trail of Tears), European Colonianists (Slavery/Apartheid/Etc), Soviet Soldiers (Any non-Russo ethnic group/Jews) are all A-OK?!

I could care less. . . the whole MYOFB and all, but from a business owner's standpoint that has to be just an awful decision.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Cultural Revolution party at a Chinese Restaurant?
Rape of NanKing party at Arigato?
Remember the Maine party at a Cuban Restaurant?

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You've no evidence they were 88'ers. (not that it would matter as far as their rights go)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

Lots of people throwing around "Its their right". Saying that presumes the government got involved and told them they could not do this. That is not the case, no one said they should not be aloud to do this as far as I can see on here. Just people saying they look stupid, which is their right as well. Its just some Twitter Twat taking a cell pic and trying to make a big story out of it, which seems to have succeeded.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well, now, how do you arrive at that conclusion? I'm guessing, from your screen name, that you're more sensitive to the Nazi thing than other historical oppressors. (not trying to slam you  AT ALL). If so, you have every right to be offended that someone would enjoy reenacting something Nazi. Same as black folks are understandably miffed at confederate reenactors. Oddly enough, I don't see a lot of outcry from the Jewish community when someone dresses as a Pharaoh.
View Quote

Simple.  The ones you listed aren't german.  Uh, germain.  

BTW, not a Jew, but had sufficient focus on the holocaust in my school years to never forget.

And had family friends that survived it.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah a little creepy! But I take it no Jews or Gypsies were thrown into the pizza oven so no harm no foul!
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
LoLz at the person in the wheelchair wearing what looks like a Nazi uniform.
View Quote

Should have dressed as Dr. Strangelove. Now that would have been funny.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like fun.

Makes sense that the gun grabbers celebrate piss poor marksmanship.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Not my cup of tea, but they are just harmless reenactors. I would bet this was in one of those back private rooms like community groups use for dinner meetings and such. Never intended to be a public event. I kind of doubt the owner has a sign out front advertising nazi night.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Jon Boorom, a member of WWII Historical Re-enactment Society Inc., says he was at the event depicted in the photos, which he described as "a Star Trek convention but for WWII enthusiasts."

It's funny when you get the context how little this really matters.

But leave that out of the headline and image and it changes things considerably.  Almost like that drawing of the hideous woman, but if you stare at it a bit longer it's a beautiful woman with long hair.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I can neither confirm nor deny that my unit in Germany, weather permitting, would have a grill party to celebrate the fire bombing of Dresden on Feb. 13th.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#23]
As U.S. military retired, I would not want to be in any reenactment that involved wearing a uniform other than a U.S. military uniform.  

Now I have a friend who is in a civil war reenactment outfit of union artillerymen.   They have some damn realistic looking union uniforms and a couple of cannon and casons.   Some of the group had ancestors who fought for the union as a matter of fact.   One thing I found out from talking to them is that both union and confederate formations often had unique uniforms that varied from each other a good bit.  

I will admit that the Germans had better looking uniforms than our guys did back in World War II.   But we still won, no?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can neither confirm nor deny that my unit in Germany, weather permitting, would have a grill party to celebrate the fire bombing of Dresden on Feb. 13th.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Thats a party that needs to end in a *PING*
View Quote

Well, at least they were not Illinois Nazis.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Did you guys know Herman Cain is an avowed Nazi???  

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
As U.S. military retired, I would not want to be in any reenactment that involved wearing a uniform other than a U.S. military uniform.  

Now I have a friend who is in a civil war reenactment outfit of union artillerymen.   They have some damn realistic looking union uniforms and a couple of cannon and casons.   Some of the group had ancestors who fought for the union as a matter of fact.   One thing I found out from talking to them is that both union and confederate formations often had unique uniforms that varied from each other a good bit.  

I will admit that the Germans had better looking uniforms than our guys did back in World War II.   But we still won, no?
View Quote

Kinda useless to have a reenactment where only the winner is allowed to dress up.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Big Fucking Deal.

Harmless, until the (PC Nazis) show up and demand they be imprisoned for crimes against the state.

Bill of rights, 1st ademndment, and all that useless shit.

I do not see anyone advocating sending Jews to camps, unlike liberals.

I used to see guys at gun shows dressed like that all the time.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I was waiting for the ...."Heritage not Hate"....

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Freedom of speech.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm not one to whine about PC crap, but holy shitballs is that wrong.
View Quote

Umm yeah, that wasn't wise....
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Next year I want to go as the Bear Jew..
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#33]
What if the owner was Jewish, and didn't want anything Nazi in his restaurant, would it be illegal to kick them out, like the Christian who didn't want to make cakes for gays?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow, I'll bet they did Nazi that coming.  They are Goering to regret that.  Hopefully they can resume their reenactments once all the Fuhrer dies down.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Bad ideas for $100 Alex .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wow, I'll bet they did Nazi that coming.  They are Goering to regret that.  Hopefully they can resume their reenactments once all the Fuhrer dies down.
View Quote

[Golfclap]  Well played, sir!  Well played, indeed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did you guys know Herman Cain is an avowed Nazi???  

http://www.freewoodpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/NeinNeinNein-300x214.png
View Quote

That's horrible!  
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Excellent, Ken.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey!  Who is up for a Pol Pot party?

Don't try the soup...
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#42]
They should have just demanded a Nazi-themed float in the NY & Boston St. Patrick's Day Parades....

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most reenactors do both sides.  In this case the same group would have a German setup and a Allied setup.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

which was held on Martin Luther King Day.

View Quote
lulzzz

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

How is that German to the argument?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#46]

But. Hugo Stiglitz don't give a shit.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jon Boorom, a member of WWII Historical Re-enactment Society Inc., says he was at the event depicted in the photos, which he described as "a Star Trek convention but for WWII enthusiasts."

First thing I thought of. I'm glad I was right. That taken into consideration, I don't see the problem. I'd be a german, jap, or commie in a reenactment. It sounds both fun, you get to play with cool blank firing machine guns, and you have the satisfaction of knowing your heathen evil army loses in the end anyway.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cultural Revolution party at a Chinese Restaurant?
Rape of NanKing party at Arigato?
Remember the Maine party at a Cuban Restaurant?

View Quote

I like to go to Arigatos on VJ Day...
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#49]
hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So what. When they start hassling Jews, then you can give a shit.
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top