Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We get Fox News over here.

News is about current events. It should contain no bias and be about delivering fact for the consideration the consumer.

They are not delivering news, they are delivering entertainment and concern TV for a 24/7 market, and their quality of reporting reflects that. The need to attract an audience and bring in advertising revenue, and this is therefore understandable.

Some of the best reporting I saw on Fox News was on and around 9/11 2001.    It has declined in quality steadily since then IMO and I would now consider it mediocre at best.

YMMV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You believe that fox news horse-shit?

Talk about gullible.
In America, the news of Fox News is well respected. Fox gets a bad reputation b/c they allow so much crazy conservative opinion on TV. Plus i think you are confused b/c Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News. RM is the owner of bullshit tabloid mags in the UK for which a few years ago was in hot water.

But in America the news division of Fox News is a considered just as credible as Nbc news ot abc news or cbs news.

News is about current events. It should contain no bias and be about delivering fact for the consideration the consumer.

They are not delivering news, they are delivering entertainment and concern TV for a 24/7 market, and their quality of reporting reflects that. The need to attract an audience and bring in advertising revenue, and this is therefore understandable.

Some of the best reporting I saw on Fox News was on and around 9/11 2001.    It has declined in quality steadily since then IMO and I would now consider it mediocre at best.

YMMV.
You're joking, right?

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sucking since the 7th century.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Muslims suck.

Sucking since the 7th century.

well, it seems like in the 20th and 21st centuries they Blow, Blow Up that is.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Diversity destroys community.
Absolutely.

That very much depends on how "diversity" is done.

As a stand alone statement, it's retarded.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Depends on the subject.  

Try researching.  It's easy and informative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of sources.   If I see a report on something that interests me I research it and look other sources of information for context.

Such as?

Depends on the subject.  

You do the Irish jig in avoidance of the subject.  

Nice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I see the fuckwits have come out in strength today,
View Quote

Man you sure get defensive when it comes to radical muslims not being portrayed in a favorable light..

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely.

Whatever.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're joking, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about gullible.
In America, the news of Fox News is well respected. Fox gets a bad reputation b/c they allow so much crazy conservative opinion on TV. Plus i think you are confused b/c Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News. RM is the owner of bullshit tabloid mags in the UK for which a few years ago was in hot water.

But in America the news division of Fox News is a considered just as credible as Nbc news ot abc news or cbs news.

YMMV.
You're joking, right?

Do you disagree that News is about current events and that It should contain no bias and be about delivering fact for the consideration the consumer?

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely.

The downside of diversity A Harvard political scientist finds that diversity hurts civic life. What happens when a liberal scholar unearths an inconvenient truth?

IT HAS BECOME increasingly popular to speak of racial and ethnic diversity as a civic strength. From multicultural festivals to pronouncements from political leaders, the message is the same: our differences make us stronger.

But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Breitbart FFS.
View Quote

Reading isn't for Europeans apparently
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont get why they dont just cancel Oktoberfest. Alcohol is offensive to Muslims; Germans need to accomodate their religious beliefs.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
see and I read that title and thought - cool a commemorative lower for Oktoberfest, that would be cool for a build project.
View Quote

Glad I wasn't the only one!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Do you disagree that News is about current events and that It should contain no bias and be about delivering fact for the consideration the consumer?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk about gullible.

YMMV.
You're joking, right?

That's not reality, and never has been. Ever. The idea of "unbiased journalism" is only slightly less childish than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah......that was the point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:.

A neutral media that reports facts without bias has never existed.  Quit believing in fairy tails.

Yeah......that was the point.

Sorry.  Went right over my head.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of sources.   If I see a report on something that interests me I research it and look other sources of information for context.

Such as?

Depends on the subject.  

Nice.

I'm not avoiding the subject. I'm standing in front of you staring you in the face and slapping you with your own ignorance.

Are you really too lazy to do your own research?  I would hope not.

I don't think that's an approach that is going to work for you.   I'm certainly not going to spoon feed you the answers.

There is no one place to go for accurate information.  There are a wide range of sources out there. None of them are accurate all of the time.  Some are more reputable than others and will provide a good insight into the facts and what what may be influencing them.  All of them need to be tested and verified to give you the best information.

You also need to be aware that a lot of these "news" sources buy their stories from the same sources.  Something on Breitbart (for example) is often regurgitated word for word by other sources meaning that the same inaccuracies are reported and repeated over and over again.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Man you sure get defensive when it comes to radical muslims not being portrayed in a favorable light..

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's more astonishment at the stupidity of people in what they accept without question.

It goes a long way to explaining why your presidential race is between a horrendous compulsive liar and a celebrity mango with a big mouth.

Dismay is a more appropriate description.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's not reality, and never has been. Ever. The idea of "unbiased journalism" is only slightly less childish than Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV.
You're joking, right?

I didn't say such a news source existed. I said quite the opposite and expressed the importance of verifying information rather than accepting it without questions, especially where interpretation of facts is being spoon-fed to you.

At least we agree that lot of the shit spoon fed to us as news is inaccurate or selective.  This is progress.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Talk about sucking all the fun out of an event. Goodbye Germany. The Cultural Marxists won.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about gullible.

Lulz

You get your news from the BBC ?

No.

Al Jazeera?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm not avoiding the subject. I'm standing in front of you staring you in the face and slapping you with your own ignorance.

I don't think that's an approach that is going to work for you.   I'm certainly not going to spoon feed you the answers.

There is no one place to go for accurate information.  There are a wide range of sources out there. None of them are accurate all of the time.  Some are more reputable than others and will provide a good insight into the facts and what what may be influencing them.  All of them need to be tested and verified to give you the best information.

You also need to be aware that a lot of these "news" sources buy their stories from the same sources.  Something on Breitbart (for example) is often regurgitated word for word by other sources meaning that the same inaccuracies are reported and repeated over and over again.

View Quote

LoL.

So, you can't provide any of the places you visit to get your "information", because "I need to do my own research" ?  You come across as you either  1) Are lieing   or  2) You don't want to provide anything as it would show that you are not quite as unbiased as you want us to believe you are.

Furthermore, you carry on about ignorance, yet completely dismiss the Breibart article without finding out where the information came from (which I did post in this thread and you didn't reply too).  Now who is ignorant?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LoL.

So, you can't provide any of the places you visit to get your "information", because "I need to do my own research" ?  You come across as you either  1) Are lieing   or  2) You don't want to provide anything as it would show that you are not quite as unbiased as you want us to believe you are.

Furthermore, you carry on about ignorance, yet completely dismiss the Breibart article without finding out where the information came from (which I did post in this thread and you didn't reply too).  Now who is ignorant?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL.

See my previous post.

An inability to conduct research on your part does not constitute a requirement to provide evidence to you on mine.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

See my previous post.

An inability to conduct research on your part does not constitute a requirement to provide evidence to you on mine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL.

See my previous post.

Keep two stepping Funky.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Keep two stepping Funky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL.

See my previous post.

Keep two stepping Funky.

Why are you so reluctant to look things up for yourself?   Is it because you don't know how to do it?  Are you afraid that you might have your preconceptions disturbed in some way?

I don't understand your reluctance to do this for yourself.  

Look.....I'm merely passing you information for your benefit.   I don't really care whether you believe me or not.  

There is at least one other person in this thread who appears to have done their homework and seems to have done so without any drama.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why are you so reluctant to look things up for yourself?   Is it because you don't know how to do it?  Are you afraid that you might have your preconceptions disturbed in some way?

Look.....I'm merely passing you information for your benefit.   I don't really care whether you believe me or not.  

There is at least one other person in this thread who appears to have done their homework and seems to have done so without any drama.
View Quote

Funny how I did look up something for myself (the source of who said the numbers were 300k lower this year) yet you blew it off.

Better tune up your research methods.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Funny how I did look up something for myself (the source of who said the numbers were 300k lower this year) yet you blew it off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh FFS.

Here......

I refer you back to my post above. Your research isn't research.  It's regurgitation of the same shit.

However, for arguments sake lets go with 300,000 instead of 100,000. Average attendance (quoted from multiple sources) is around 6 million - 6.3 million.  A worst case based on your figures would be a reduction of 300,000 on a 6 million average attendance giving 5% reduction, so lets go with that.

Here are the Octoberfest attendance patterns for the last 33 years up to 2013:

According to the above document here have been 9 occasions up to 2013 where the attendance figures have been lower than or equal to the worst figures you provided on percentage terms.

To be thorough - the figures for 2014 and 2015 were 6.3 million and 5.9 million respectively.

Here is another visualisation for you to contrast and compare.

The above shows an attendance range of 6.9 - 5.5 million people.

2001 (immediately after the 9/11 terrorist attacks) saw the lowest attendance figures, with a reported 20% drop in attendance, no doubt attributable to some degree to the terrorist attack on another continent, and the uncertainty following the events.

Given that the Brain Trust of GD is convinced that Germany has descended into a shit-fest of jihadi attacks, rapefugees and general mayhem on German soil with the Stasi breathing down the necks of anyone who says anything remotely rude, would you not think that the reduction in attendance might be slightly higher given GD's belief that the German nation is now running scared on their own soil?

Or perhaps that reduction was down to, I dunno...... the weather? (whodathunkit)  6-7 degrees cooler than average, and higher rainfall tends to put a dampener on things, especially an open air event.  

Then there is Cannstatter Volksfest.   Its a beer festival attended by approx 4 million people per year and is becoming more popular - it took place on the 23rd September to 9th October 2016. Oktoberfest was September 16th to October 3rd - some competition perhaps?  Maybe that had an impact on attendance?

Another thing to consider is that Beer consumption in Germany has also dropped in recent years - there has been a 5% drop in beer consumption since 2008.  Oktoberfest, while still immensely popular has seen a trend of declining attendance figures since 2000 - with specific low points corresponding to economic climate and weather conditions as well as other world events.

But let's be sure about this.  Let's look at crime statistic for Oktoberfest - especially the rapey rapey ones. GD loves a bit of rape, right?  

The bad news for GD is that crime overall fell by 15% from last year.  The Great news for the gogandmagogite hordes of the GD is that there was an increase of over 30% in "sex crimes" from last year.  

Over 30% I hear you and the Gogs scream in abhoration!!!  Yes indeed - and yes that is abhoration (I'll let you look that gem up in the urban dictionary).   With an attendance of the 5.6 million people you insist went, the "sexual crime" rate went up from 21 reported offences to 31 reported offences - proof surely of a caliphate forming on the very doorsteps of the bars of Munich.

But wait......there's more (I'm doing this in trashy TV sales speak to appeal to you) - if we look at sexual offence statistics and contrast them with national rates we can see how Oktoberfest compares .

Oktoberfest, a beer fuelled party with big tits and more leather clad sausage than even you could wrap your filthy little mind around has a sexual crime (including rape) offending rate of approx 0.55 per 100,000 people.

The German statistics for 2010 show the offending rate for rape alone (not including other sexual crime) was 9.4 per 100,000

The US statistics for 2010 show that the offending rate for rape alone (not including other sexual crime) was 27.6 per 100,000

On that basis it would appear that the allegedly rapefugee infested Oktoberfest of 2016 has a sexual offences rate which s considerably lower than pre-ragefugee Germany of 2010 and a lot lower than no-rapefugee US of 2010.

Now, you feel free to draw whatever conclusions you want from that.

The above took about ten minutes look up and type.

I would have responded sooner but a curry beckoned.  Curry is more important than all of the things.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

Did you translate the article or not?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BFD.

Oktoberfest is just a tourist trap anyway. International frat party.

You can drink beautiful beer in Munich all year round. No need to get mixed up in that malarkey.
View Quote

This is certainly true, but the Muslim immigrant problem hurts overall tourism to De, not just for Oktoberfest.  

But "beautiful" is a strange adjective for beer.  I care more about how it tastes, than how it appears.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#28]
two pages on this subject and no boobie pics..........
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

two pages on this subject and no boobie pics..........
View Quote

I was thinking the same, but I've got two strikes already and obviously have shown bad judgment...

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Fuck merkel

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Yes.

Is that all you've got?

Thought so.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's more astonishment at the stupidity of people in what they accept without question.

It goes a long way to explaining why your presidential race is between a horrendous compulsive liar and a celebrity mango with a big mouth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're starting to let GD get to you Funky.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes.

Is that all you've got?

Thought so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Yes.

Is that all you've got?

Thought so.

I see nothing in what you said that went against what's described in the op.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Agent_Funky: will be along shortly to say your story is wrong.  That for every foreign tourist that stayed away, three undocumented tourist from the middle east came and stayed years instead of weeks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.....it's banter.  

You just have to laugh sometimes.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Talk about gullible.
View Quote

I've got clients who go every year and after last year have told me face to face that they're not going anymore because they don't feel it's safe.

Anecdotal info?  Yes.  But that's 5-7 less people visiting this year and I can't believe they're the only German/Americans who have made that decision.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've got clients who go every year and after last year have told me face to face that they're not going anymore because they don't feel it's safe.

Anecdotal info?  Yes.  But that's 5-7 less people visiting this year and I can't believe they're the only German/Americans who have made that decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about gullible.

That's a shame.  They are missing out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#39]
I went to Oktoberfest in 1988 and am still hung over
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Wait till next year when they ban pork and alcohol out of "cultural sensitivity."
View Quote

Humus.

And Hamas.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
But is there ample cleavage serving that beer all year 'round?

I don't know, but I would like to go see it all someday for myself.

Maybe the germans will come up with a solution that can mitigate the immigrant problem.  Then I will go there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

BFD.

You can drink beautiful beer in Munich all year round. No need to get mixed up in that malarkey.

But is there ample cleavage serving that beer all year 'round?

I don't know, but I would like to go see it all someday for myself.

Maybe the germans will come up with a solution that can mitigate the immigrant problem.  Then I will go there.
You said "Germans" and "solution" in the same sentence.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Whoops wrong thread.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wait till next year when they ban pork and alcohol out of "cultural sensitivity."
View Quote

I spent most of August in Bavaria where my in-laws live.

If I understood correctly, the Bavarian public schools have already banned pork from the school lunch menus.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk about gullible.

YMMV.
I can't argue with that but,  what have you got that's better?

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk about gullible.

YMMV.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely.

The downside of diversity A Harvard political scientist finds that diversity hurts civic life. What happens when a liberal scholar unearths an inconvenient truth?

IT HAS BECOME increasingly popular to speak of racial and ethnic diversity as a civic strength. From multicultural festivals to pronouncements from political leaders, the message is the same: our differences make us stronger.

But a massive new study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has concluded just the opposite. Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.

The endgame of ramming diversity down everyone's throats is expanded government control. That's it. Total Trojan horse. Diversity is for suckers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about gullible.

YMMV.

Honestly?   Pains me to say it but the BBC news is a pretty good start point, as are, Sky, ITV.

None are completely impartial, but they provide a better starting point than Fox.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:34:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

No surprise. Muslims don't drink and tourism is down.
View Quote
Couldn't even get a table at Hofbrauhaus in Munich yesterday and Oktoberfest ended on the 3rd. I think they'll be fine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
This is certainly true, but the Muslim immigrant problem hurts overall tourism to De, not just for Oktoberfest.  

But "beautiful" is a strange adjective for beer.  I care more about how it tastes, than how it appears.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

BFD.

I meant "beautiful" in it's totality, Mein Herr.

Appearance, taste, concept. The most perfect expressions of the beer maker's art, IMO.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top