Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Clean and lube the Glock, and shoot another couple of boxes of ammo through it.  It will start to function fine, but not because of cleaning and lubing although you will think so.  It's because you'll instinctively make adjustments and stop limp-wristing it. However, blame the gun will keep intact your manliness. I understand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

*Cough*bullshit*cough*

I've shot literally thousands of glocks of all generations (work) and never had an issue like the poorly described one. You claimed to have had.

Hell, you can't even properly label or describe the failure.

We should listen to your "expert opinion" why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My ammo was Hornady Critical Duty.  The very same ammo was ran through the 5906 and it fed/ejected perfectly... unlike the Glock.  The Glock is a
Gen 3 and the magazine is OEM Glock.  It was the gun and NOT me!

*Cough*bullshit*cough*

I've shot literally thousands of glocks of all generations (work) and never had an issue like the poorly described one. You claimed to have had.

I’m no expert but I had the same experience a while back as shown above.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Wile it’s possible op got a lemon, statistically this thread is ignorant.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Limp dicking it. You can only shoot properly if you have achieved full erection first.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Limp dicking it. You can only shoot properly if you have achieved full erection first.
View Quote

That's also VERY TRUE of 1911s, BTW.

You know why brand new (and not so new) 1911s jam?

Yep.  No erection.

Your dick has to be RAGING HARD WITH JOHN BROWNING PRIDE in order for a 1911 to run flawlessly.

Seriously, try it.  It works!

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Never had any HK handgun I own fail on any type of ammo.  Ever
View Quote

I've owned an HK USP Compact, an HK-P2000 and an HK-P2000SK, which is still my main "house" gun.

Both P2000's failed to extract on the very first round fired and then ran without a hiccup forever after.  I always thought that was funny but have had no issues since the first shot.  Probably some gunk they put in new guns prior to shipment.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Ammo/Limpwristing.  OP lists Alabama as AO, so potential Bubba factor is HIGH.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've always wondered if Glock is perfection like they have always said why are they on the fifth generation? It's you have to keep making changes to something it's not perfect.
View Quote
Seriously?

It's an advertising slogan.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've always wondered if Glock is perfection like they have always said why are they on the fifth generation? It's you have to keep making changes to something it's not perfect.
View Quote

Patents expiring is a thing. Innovate or die.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

HK sent me a T&E gun that could not get through any of the 5 new mags they sent with it, without a failure of some sort.  They did not get the contract for the 350 guns I was buying. Their offering finished dead last in our trials, with a tie between Glock and Sig for the winner. Honorable mention to S&W.
View Quote

Curious if your sample size was one gun or multiple.   As I mentioned on the previous page I had a NIB G-30 that had to go back to the factory but it didn't turn me off to Glocks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

*Cough*bullshit*cough*

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#14]
This is kinda weak but maybe it just needs to be broken in.

Put a couple hundred rounds through it and see what happens.

Did you try different magazines?

And are you limp wristing it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Glock Perfection can ONLY be achieved by buying a P226 and throwing that tupperware pos in  the garbage.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I took my brand new 43x to the range two weeks ago and it ftf 3 times with the third being a squib. I've used this same ammo for over a year and was shooting other pistols with it at the same time.

Shit happens. I emailed Glock and mailed it in. Shrug. They're machine parts sometimes something gets whacky.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a brand new Glock Model 17 recently and took it shooting today.  I had 3 FTF's  in 50 rounds and it jammed up the gun.  And here I thought G-locks were incapable of bobbling the ammo being fed to it.

P.S.
I wanted to add that I've had several Glocks and never limp-wristed it.  The gun just jammed up 3 times.  My S&W Model 5906 was also shot and it never missed a beat!  G-locks suck!

I took my brand new 43x to the range two weeks ago and it ftf 3 times with the third being a squib. I've used this same ammo for over a year and was shooting other pistols with it at the same time.

Shit happens. I emailed Glock and mailed it in. Shrug. They're machine parts sometimes something gets whacky.

How could a squib be caused by anything other than ammo?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a brand new Glock Model 17 recently and took it shooting today.  I had 3 FTF's  in 50 rounds and it jammed up the gun.  And here I thought G-locks were incapable of bobbling the ammo being fed to it.

P.S.
I wanted to add that I've had several Glocks and never limp-wristed it.  The gun just jammed up 3 times.  My S&W Model 5906 was also shot and it never missed a beat!  G-locks suck!

This is GD. We don't do logic here.

It had to have been the result of the firing pin not hitting the primer fast enough, thereby causing the powder to burn too slow to properly launch the bullet out of the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Hold it sideways and make sure your pants hanging down to your ass, also it helps to own a pitbull.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I always clean and lubricate my guns before shooting them.  I like a clean machine.  Nope... I did not limp wrist while shooting.  I usually do my limp wristing at the bar when I go out on the town.  No... I know how to shoot (been shooting and a gun owner over 40 years).  It was simply a matter of the Glock not properly feeding the rounds.
View Quote

What you do at the gay bar doesn't help us figure out what the issue is
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Owned a Glock 17 gen 3 for about 10 yrs. Extensive range time through work or my own courses.   I've fired it well clean and lubed as well as dry and dirty .   It's jammed once.   And I think it was my fault ( thumb placement).    
 They may not be perfect, but I love them.   And I'd happily buy another.      
   I don't even have issues with sig etc. But I like Glock so far.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did you break it in. Like 200 rounds through it first?
View Quote

I've never encountered a Glock that didn't function 100% right out of the box.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did you strip it, clean it, and lube it before you took it to the range?  Even brand new weapons can have grit in them.
View Quote

This... And especially if it was cerakoted!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#27]
How many aftermarket parts are there and what kind of steel ammo were you using
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You have now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have now.

Negative, Ghostrider.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Sample size is critical @OP. You are 1 person with 1 experience with 1 gun.

That is not nearly enough data to make the general statement that Glocks suck lol.  

I am a gunsmith and have probably shot thousands of Glocks and have only had one failure and that was a bad Ghost connector that made me go for a fun ride.

That being said my example is still too small to say Glocks rule.

Just use a little logic.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Glock Perfection can ONLY be achieved by buying a P226 and throwing that tupperware pos in  the garbage.
View Quote

wrong

SIG pistol fanboys are the worst kind of cringe
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Glock isn't any better than most of the other main line guns. It sits in the group of "acceptable" guns I'd go to to arm myself but even then I'd have to learn to trust the individual gun.

Having been in LE for 14+ years, I've seen many Glocks fail for various reasons. In the early 2000's when I was first starting and Sig, Beretta, S&W, and Glock were all slugging it out and were all well represented in the LE field I didn't see Glock doing any better than anyone else (and I called it that Glock would eventually win out thanks to their marketing and pricing). There was one ONE firearm that I didn't ever see have a hiccup of any sort- 66's and 686's, we had a number of veteran LEO's that kept their revolvers until retirement.

I carried my Sig 226/9mm for 10+ years, and then the Sig 320C from there on out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes

+1…….
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The problem is people believe it.  Note the various comments in this thread.  Poster says something was wrong with his gun.  Responders point out that he must have done something wrong as they have never had the same problem with their guns. The thought that there could actually be something wrong with his particular gun is taken as a personal affront to their decision making abilities.
View Quote

When the person describing the problem cannot tell us the type of malfunction, or answer simple questions, the likely hood of shooter error increases.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I just don't believe it based on the ammo selection alone.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe you were limp wristing it OP? Has anyone mentioned limp wristing it?
View Quote

He was probably limp wristing it.
Limp wristing, definitely limp wristing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sample size is critical @OP. You are 1 person with 1 experience with 1 gun.

That is not nearly enough data to make the general statement that Glocks suck lol.  

I am a gunsmith and have probably shot thousands of Glocks and have only had one failure and that was a bad Ghost connector that made me go for a fun ride.

That being said my example is still too small to say Glocks rule.

Just use a little logic.
View Quote

Had a19.3 I got rid of because finger grooves on that frame bugger my knuckle). It had a couple of fte.  It was absolutely me limp wristing.   Seems it is more likely with glocks, though.   Not sure if its the weight or design ( I dunno, slide proportions,  etc.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#38]
who the fuck buys a new Gen3 in 2023 unless there isn't the option of a Gen5?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just don't believe it based on the ammo selection alone.
View Quote

Maybe he’s a cop shooting free ammo?

Otherwise who test fires with 50-round boxes of critical duty?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Every glock I ever fired blew up and killed me to death. Every time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Californians and police departments
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Answered twice.

Edit delete f5 f5 g5 f5 f5 f5
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It would help if you gave the brand of ammo. Was this quality factory stuff or bubba reloads?

How did it “jam the gun up?” Like it blew the pistol up and now you need a hammer to get it apart?
View Quote

False dichotomy.

What about shoddy factory stuff vs quality reloads?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Had a19.3 I got rid of because finger grooves on that frame bugger my knuckle). It had a couple of fte.  It was absolutely me limp wristing.   Seems it is more likely with glocks, though.   Not sure if its the weight or design ( I dunno, slide proportions,  etc.)
View Quote

I have ran into a lot of limp wristing issues with people. They don't think they are doing it so I video them and shoot it with them and when it will not fail with me they believe it then. Mainly .45 guns however.

I had to tune the mess out of my 17 to run a comp with all ammo. It was my goal to make the swiss army knife of guns. I went from a Legion 226 to this and don't regret it. I will never part with this ugly thing, it just shoots so much better than I can make it run.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It had to have been the result of the firing pin not hitting the primer fast enough, thereby causing the powder to burn too slow to properly launch the bullet out of the barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

P.S.

I think the simple answer comes from Newtonian physics. There was more resistance moving the bullet down then barrel than the shooters wrists(probably made out of overcooked spaghetti instead of flesh and bone) so old noodle arms absorbed all the energy and the bullet just stayed in the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#46]
I have never had a Glock jam on me in 25+ years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Key difference is that this was not for individual purchase.  An agency contract evaluation is going to assume a manufacturer submitting a bid and sample is putting their best product forward out of the gate.
View Quote

I'd agree a vendor would want to put out their best sample for sales in any quantity, but if you just had a sample size of one, I would first suspect that sample had an issue vs model or brand if it was a known brand that sells many thousands of a particular model whether it was Glock, S&W SIG, or H&K.   I didn't think Glock had a bad design or model when I got my NIB defective G30, and the repaired model I got back worked fine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#48]
As some mentioned it might be a lemon.

My last 2 19s had a lot of plastic shavings in the firing pin/striker channel. I suspect the process of inserting the channel liner created the issue.

I didn't have any issues with filing to fire though.

Check here:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Did you strip it, clean it, and lube it before you took it to the range?  Even brand new weapons can have grit in them.
View Quote
LOL.  I don't think I have ever done that.

OP isn't telling the entire story.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

LOL.  I don't think I have ever done that.

OP isn't telling the entire story.

https://i.imgur.com/OypcTcr.jpg
View Quote

“it jammed up” And is “bobbling the ammo”

What more do we need to know, lol. It clearly has a defective bobbling reduction device
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top