Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree the post, especially with the meeting in in person....

I'm not a people person, but it's funny how the lack of human one-on-one interaction can lead to so many things like - lack of "connection".

Couple of examples:

I had family over recently and months ago, over messaging - things got heated over some stuff. When they came and I hugged, broke bread and just saw them in person...it's like an ice was melted. I almost cried when they had to leave.

In other words, it's too easy to sit behind a computer and "think" you understand others and/or dehumanize them. It is a different animal when you're sitting across the table and sharing a beer.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
THIS FORUM NEEDS MORE SCAGDRIVERS
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
OP is correct. It might seem silly to some, but ARFCOM has real power in the political and cultural landscape. I—and many like me—have become political activists as a direct result of being on this board. Lobby Day 2020–one of the most significant events in recent history IMO—likely wouldn’t have been nearly as successful without ARFCOM’s involvement.

So many great things have come out of this site.
View Quote

Flip the coin. Many great people have been ostracized. Good people, lost. Potential great things lost.

I have always been pro Arfcom. It gets harder all the time. I am not without sin, but some warnings are downright ridiculous, considering.

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THIS FORUM NEEDS MORE SCAGDRIVERS

Scag?!!!?  
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:09:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
snip...

So many great things have come out of this site.
View Quote

So true.

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't claim to know what motivates others. I don't. I only know what makes me move.

That said, I think that maybe part of the problem is that communists and liberals started to post here more and more. What's worse, they have become more empassioned and vocal in recent months. Maybe it's an infiltration of trolls...maybe it's just a sign of the times.  Either way, a lot of guys like me hate communists and hate liberals.  They are the antithesis of our existence. They are everything that is wrong with our country. They are systematically destroying the America we love.  

I agree with GB in that we need to take a step back, gain perspective, and metabolize the idea that most of us have far more in common with each other than we have in conflict.  

Still...if we are going to have communists and liberals tolerated...empowered to offer their side...engaged....well fuck all that.
View Quote

exactly

well said
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought that this about the cash van that was robbed
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#8]
A cash van who was robbed, got shot.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some don't get it, many will.

Good hearted pissing contests have always been a part of this site, utter hatred has not been until recently (like the past year or so).
Time to move the goal posts back where they were and clean out the self appointed referee's.
View Quote

This forum needs to change and get its act together like it was pre 2008. When I finally made an account here it was calm no pissing matches or anything. Sure you always had the full auto bolt carrier group vs everything else. And 9mm vs 45 acp threads but nothing like it is today.

The utter hatred I've seen displayed here, is telling me this site is doomed to fail and gun owners eat their own. If youre gay, trans, a fury, tatted, etc., and a gun owner and 2A supporter you are instantly hated by a majority of people and I dont mean just here but everywhere. If youre not this or that like everyone else is, you're an outcast.  Funny how tolerant the right is huh?

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got a 3 day ban for saying the B word (rhymes with Zoomer).

Coc 7 "causing harm to the site".

This website is weird.  Fun, educational, but weird.

View Quote

Can you say boomer if you are a boomer?

What about the member boomer?  Is he allowed to post?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some don't get it, many will.

Good hearted pissing contests have always been a part of this site, utter hatred has not been until recently (like the past year or so).
Time to move the goal posts back where they were and clean out the self appointed referee's.
View Quote

Agreed, very good message.  Let's see who reads it and takes it to heart.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My apologies to any I have offended.  

Life is what we make it.

I'm trying to be a better man.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I like saying ok boomer to that guy who's screen name is boomer
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Free Sylvan
View Quote
You can shoot someone for no reason in Chicago and be locked up for less time.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a 3 day ban for saying the B word (rhymes with Zoomer).

Coc 7 "causing harm to the site".

This website is weird.  Fun, educational, but weird.

Don't you dare make a post trying to elicit a negative response from someone!!! Don't. You. Dare!!

They may be "forced" to respond.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top