User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigMat:

LOL

"Freedom or I sue you in the government court"

private business on private property should get to do what they want with it, if you're such a fan of Freedom. They want to play Doom Flu, cool.  They want to only let in people in purple shirts, cool. 

But I'm wasting my time,  we're just virtue signaling in here 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigMat:
Originally Posted By XxbatraiderxX:
Originally Posted By Burnsy:

Lol....

Does a private business get to discriminate against people that do not present themselves as a threat?
Yes.  It's private property.  If a store for example asks you to leave, you must or face trespassing.

Sure, and face a lawsuit for discrimination.

LOL

"Freedom or I sue you in the government court"

private business on private property should get to do what they want with it, if you're such a fan of Freedom. They want to play Doom Flu, cool.  They want to only let in people in purple shirts, cool. 

But I'm wasting my time,  we're just virtue signaling in here 

You're not wasting your time.

Dallas county is forcing this establishment to act as police and refuse service to people that aren't wearing mask.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:57:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's about setting an example.  If we are ever going to win over support for things like OC, having a potty mouth, being belligerent, and driving like a douche all reflect negatively on OC.  Yes, the behavior and OC are completely unrelated, but when people see an ass clown OC, they associate the two.  

Contrast that with with a person who OCs who has good manners and social etiquette, can control his emotions without Tourette's outbursts, and is a gentleman.  People have a lot more respect for such an individual and will associate that behavior with OC.

Trying to excuse ill behavior of a person who OC's - it's no wonder we have such a hard time convincing others there is no problem with OC.  It's not about bringing them over to our side.  It's about showing we are respectable members of society and are trustworthy.  Some of you just don't get that appearances in the public eye matter.  Don't forget that those people you don't give a fuck about vote.
View Quote
You are right, if we do what they, act politely and never do anything that might scare them or upset them maybe then they will be ok with
letting us exercise our rights. Better yet maybe we should all just stay in the closet and practice don't ask don't tell.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BootScootin:
In on 2. This thread is going places
View Quote

It ain’t going into op’s place of employment without a mask.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're not wasting your time.

Dallas county is forcing this establishment to act as police and refuse service to people that aren't wearing mask.
View Quote

That's dumb, but we seem to be a nation of children, tyrants, and Tories for the most part.

Sad we can't just be told as adults that a moderately dangerous and highly contagious disease is present in our communities and to act responsibly.  Recommendations, not mandates.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:37:17 AM EDT
[#6]
RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
OP's screen name is accurate. Tool indeed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:43:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Keep bringing up this example....

The no shoes, No shirt policy has a theory backed by evidence behind it....that most people who aren't wearing a shirt or shoes are up to no good when they enter a store.

Is there any evidence that people without a mask are up to no good?
View Quote
The logic behind a dress code doesn't matter. Dress codes are legal. Requiring a mask to shop is legal. You are not entitled to shop wherever you want and not follow their rules that you don't like whilst doing it. I've been kicked out of bars for wearing sneakers on a Saturday, but I never launched a protest or tried to sue them. Some of you guys really are extra sensitive over something that's not a big deal to most people.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:59:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By M-cameron:

the guy yelled fuck....hes not running around getting into bar fights.....
View Quote

If someone yells out fuck out loud in public, I'm not looking for someone to wish me happy birthday. It's usually a bad sign, either for him or someone else.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok Karen
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]

A public facing private business would not normally screen people for mask as they enter, No?

If they were smart and wanted to avoid the curse words and lawsuits, they would hand everyone a mask as they entered FOR FREE.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

Lol....

Does a private business get to discriminate against people that do not present themselves as a threat?

I think you just answered yourself.

A public facing private business would not normally screen people for mask as they enter, No?

If they were smart and wanted to avoid the curse words and lawsuits, they would hand everyone a mask as they entered FOR FREE.

So now, instead of just picking another store with rules you like or opening your own,  you think they should give you free shit at the door?

That doesn't sound entitled at all.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:24:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me - Rage Against The Machine
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:42:05 AM EDT
[#14]
IBTL

I also don’t think I want to go to the store that OP works at.  I’ve walked away from several retail establishments recently for imposing onerous, unnecessary rules.  Also, if you have a problem with someone getting pissed about bullshit fascist Karen rules, try to spend some time dealing with this nonsense as a parent with young children.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Longtime members continue to disappoint.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 5:59:10 AM EDT
[#16]
People who curse in front of kids like that are just trash.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
The logic behind a dress code doesn't matter. Dress codes are legal. Requiring a mask to shop is legal. You are not entitled to shop wherever you want and not follow their rules that you don't like whilst doing it. I've been kicked out of bars for wearing sneakers on a Saturday, but I never launched a protest or tried to sue them. Some of you guys really are extra sensitive over something that's not a big deal to most people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:

Keep bringing up this example....

The no shoes, No shirt policy has a theory backed by evidence behind it....that most people who aren't wearing a shirt or shoes are up to no good when they enter a store.

Is there any evidence that people without a mask are up to no good?
The logic behind a dress code doesn't matter. Dress codes are legal. Requiring a mask to shop is legal. You are not entitled to shop wherever you want and not follow their rules that you don't like whilst doing it. I've been kicked out of bars for wearing sneakers on a Saturday, but I never launched a protest or tried to sue them. Some of you guys really are extra sensitive over something that's not a big deal to most people.

Requiring a mask is not legal. It is an abuse of power.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#18]

So now, instead of just picking another store with rules you like or opening your own,  you think they should give you free shit at the door?

That doesn't sound entitled at all.
View All Quotes

Lol....

So now, instead of just picking another store with rules you like or opening your own,  you think they should give you free shit at the door?

You want me to follow your dumb ass rule, you pay for it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#19]

The no shoes, No shirt policy has a theory backed by evidence behind it....that most people who aren't wearing a shirt or shoes are up to no good when they enter a store.

View Quote

That’s not what I’m saying....something that is required to have before coming in is not supplied to ya.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By tooly:

That’s not what I’m saying....something that is required to have before coming in is not supplied to ya.
View All Quotes

That’s not what I’m saying....something that is required to have before coming in is not supplied to ya.

It's only required because the government says it is. But the government cannot provide evidence that it is effective at reducing transmission. The blanket requirement for all businesses to participate in a stupid idea that promotes fear should cost them and the citizen should be left the hell alone.

Your business overstepped.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#21]

You want me to follow your dumb ass rule, you pay for it.
View All Quotes

Lol....

Dumb ass rule or not, go somewhere else if you don't like it. I wouldn't go to OP's store and rules like this are why, but they don't owe either of us a damn thing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#22]
OP making sure people have their masks on.

I feel safer.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By M-cameron:
soooo people shouldnt act human when carrying a gun?....gotcha.

while i agree, people should chill out....i really dont see why the dude OCing makes any difference.....
View Quote

Because if you are going to carry you have an extra responsibility to remain calm and level headed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Meh.....I would have simply done waht I did at Wal-fart yesterday.  Put it on like a yamika.  You said I had to wear a mask......you never said how.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Who is "us"?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Dumb ass rule or not, go somewhere else if you don't like it. I wouldn't go to OP's store and rules like this are why, but they don't owe either of us a damn thing.
View All Quotes

Lol....

Dumb ass rule or not, go somewhere else if you don't like it. I wouldn't go to OP's store and rules like this are why, but they don't owe either of us a damn thing.

No, that business is determined to treat everyone as infected and diseased then they should pay, one way or another.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#27]

I’m fucking relaxed. Don’t have any issue with telling them to kick rocks if they don’t have what they need to come in. I don’t give a fuck. I’m talking about some fucking dumb ass seeing this fool and blowing shit 110% more just cause he had a gun.
View Quote

You need a “thin blue line” shirt
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#28]
You relax...

You're being asked to infringe on people's liberties. 

If you don't like it, then quit your job.
View Quote

What ever happened to their business their rules?  The business is only dictating your actions if you choose to patronize the business.  Don't go in the building, dont wear a mask and the business doesnt give a shit.  Your right to not wear a mask does not trump a property owner's rights
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mkd66204:

What ever happened to their business their rules?  The business is only dictating your actions if you choose to patronize the business.  Don't go in the building, dont wear a mask and the business doesnt give a shit.  Your right to not wear a mask does not trump a property owner's rights
View All Quotes
You relax...

What ever happened to their business their rules?  The business is only dictating your actions if you choose to patronize the business.  Don't go in the building, dont wear a mask and the business doesnt give a shit.  Your right to not wear a mask does not trump a property owner's rights

The business is pushing an agenda of fear to everyone who enters.

Everyone is treated as infected and diseased.

Are we living in a fascist dictatorship now?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#30]

The business is pushing an agenda of fear to everyone who enters. 

Everyone is treated as infected and diseased. 

Are we living in a fascist dictatorship now?
View All Quotes
You relax...

Well, since you asked...

But it's not because "The grocery store had a dumb dress code! I have to go to a different one if I don't want to follow it! Fascism! REEEE!"
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Nonsense. Condoms don't assume everyone has a disease, but with diseases around, they make good sense.
You guys are working this thing way too hard.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Enzo300:

Nonsense. Condoms don't assume everyone has a disease, but with diseases around, they make good sense.
You guys are working this thing way too hard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Enzo300:

Nonsense. Condoms don't assume everyone has a disease, but with diseases around, they make good sense.
You guys are working this thing way too hard.

Are you forced to wear a condom? Is the government mandating It?

Gotta draw the line somewhere.

It's gone too far already and now they want everyone to play along with the fear.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Another shit talker....wasn’t pissed at all, fool. Didn’t  disrespect me, he didn’t tell me “fuck you” don’t have thin skin. No cop...and not at Walmart. Anymore shit ya want to yap about?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MinnFinn:
OCer didn't respect OP's authority, and OP is pissed.

Were you a cop before you were a Walmart greeter, OP?

Another shit talker....wasn’t pissed at all, fool. Didn’t  disrespect me, he didn’t tell me “fuck you” don’t have thin skin. No cop...and not at Walmart. Anymore shit ya want to yap about?

OK boomer
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CHUBANDERSON:

Because if you are going to carry you have an extra responsibility to remain calm and level headed.
View Quote

Agree 100%. Between training,  and speaking with responsible citizens who had been licensed and carrying for years, this point was mentioned repeatedly.

Whether CC or OC, you need to be the calmest, most level headed, polite mother fucker in the room. This creed has worked well for me for 17 years carrying on a daily basis.

Also, the father had a child along. Teaching your children to throw a temper tantrum anytime something doesn't go their way. That is how we ended up where we are today as a society.

Man up. Be a responsible parent. Be a responsible person.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FP2000H:
People who curse in front of kids like that are just trash.
View Quote

Don't know many prior service members do you?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MinnFinn:
OCer didn't respect OP's authority, and OP is pissed.

Were you a cop before you were a Walmart greeter, OP?

you really are in a new york state of mind....

could've just let him in and pretended you didn't notice the lack of a mask......oh, "dallas county says..." fuck dallas county.......oh no, he has a gun!
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

you really are in a new york state of mind....

could've just let him in and pretended you didn't notice the lack of a mask......oh, "dallas county says..." fuck dallas county.......oh no, he has a gun!
View Quote
I pains me to say this, but in his defense, he is being paid to make sure people follow the store's policy. By his description, that is now now part of his job duties and what his employer is paying him money to do.  

If he ignored it on purpose, he is insubordinate and his employment should be terminated.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I pains me to say this, but in his defense, he is being paid to make sure people follow the store's policy. By his description, that is now now part of his job duties and what his employer is paying him money to do.  

If he ignored it on purpose, he is insubordinate and his employment should be terminated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TexasOutdoorsman:

you really are in a new york state of mind....

could've just let him in and pretended you didn't notice the lack of a mask......oh, "dallas county says..." fuck dallas county.......oh no, he has a gun! 
I pains me to say this, but in his defense, he is being paid to make sure people follow the store's policy. By his description, that is now now part of his job duties and what his employer is paying him money to do.  

If he ignored it on purpose, he is insubordinate and his employment should be terminated.

and the wheel continues to turn...
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

and the wheel continues to turn...
View Quote
It does, just depends on his stance on the issue and if he wants to be unemployed.  It's just prudent to remember that he is being paid to do this.  The morality of ignoring the task he is being paid to do, is a two way street.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Two times today....at the door at work today needing to make sure people have masks on. Told this guys only two per fam and they need a mask. The guy had a open carry and with his little girl, yelled out FUCK! I understand he’s upset but not good to act like that with a pistol on his hip. Like I said...I feel his anger. This prick was driving a white ford suv had either ar15 or ak couldn’t tell. But driving like a dumb motherfucker....weaving in and out of traffic driving real fast. People need to fucking chill.
View Quote
you e been on here 8 years and still dont know what an ar looks like?, for shame.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Biscuit42:
I went to Lowe's today. It was packed and maybe 6 people i seen with masks. Glad nobody is fearing the Chinese sniffles here
View Quote

I could care less if people wear masks or not, but when gun people say crap like you just did, it makes me shake my head. Why do you carry a gun? Is it just in case you need it, are you scared? Just because someone wears a mask it doesn't mean they're scared, and it's no different than you having a gun or a fire extinguisher.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SurfAnimal:
A fucking store manager, mad because the guy with the gun WASNT wearing a fucking mask.

Ridiculous.
Doomer fuckin faggotry.
View Quote

It's funny someone in another thread got a timeout of saying almost exactly what you just did, but called someone a flubro instead. We have to stop attacking one another, plenty of other people to hate without eating our own.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Simma down OP ,you;re making gun owners look bad.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Why...if someone came in bare foot, we wouldn’t hand out sneakers.
View Quote

You need to stop bringing up facts in this emotional argument. I've been here a long time, and this place has gone full retard over this beer flu. You'd think more people would understand that in a private business we can require things to walk into our business, and if you don't like it you can hit the bricks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#45]
You relax...

View Quote

His business, his rules.

Don't like it?  Go shop somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RegisteredTM:
It's Texas. Relax, hun.
View Quote

Guess the dude should have either concealed it or left it in his truck.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Are you retarded? Cause you're acting retarded. People without shoes or a shirt are up to no good? What in God's green earth are they doing? Maybe they hide products under their shirt? Oh that's right they don't have one on. Maybe they steal and run away barefoot?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By FALex:
Trust me, fella, there’s not one individual on this planet that is going to do gun owners anymore of a dis-service as the MSM does already.
View Quote

Ya, but, no reason to let people imagine the media might have a little credibility w/ regards to the 2nd.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Requiring a mask is not legal. It is an abuse of power.
View Quote

Please tell the class how that's an abuse of power? Did you get PTSD because someone asked you to wear a mask? Please show us on this stuffed animal where the bad masked man touched you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Are you forced to wear a condom? Is the government mandating It? 

Gotta draw the line somewhere. 
View Quote

In many places with legalized prostitution, yes.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top