Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm scared.

My winter bill went up over 30% from last year.

Summer's going to be a bitch.

FJB
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
We live in Houston, Texas

Now if you had asked about the Heater…
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What’s humidity at?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never understood people that choose to be uncomfortable in their own homes to save a few $$$  

Isn't there studies that show it is actually cheaper to keep your hvac system on and running vs shutting it off and causing huge changes in temperature?

It's at 65f right now in my house, that is VERY comfortable to me. The highest it has gotten so far is 68f during the day. That is also VERY comfortable to me. Tomorrow the GD utility goes to 150% pricing from 2pm to 7pm to F over their residential customers due to their abject failure to build actual reliable new electric generation and the state shares in that blame because of ''green energy bullshit like wind and solar'' they pushed. It really F's over seniors who have no choice to kick the A/C on, especially in trailers or modular housing.

I am VERY smart in how I manage temps and still remain comfortable. Yes it takes a bit of planning and looking at day/night/temps and humidity but I save a lot of coin doing so and seldom ever hit 70f in my house.

What’s humidity at?

63%, home now, temps are 90-91f outside, been sunny all day, still 68f inside.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Sitting over the vent typing this...
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
For most of May, it has been heater, then AC, then heater, then AC, then heater, then...

I think it's going to be AC only for the next few months.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
My shit has been blowing since early April
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Just popped it on a few minutes ago for the first time.

The electricity to cool is cheaper than the propane to heat at least.

Not everywhere can have San Diego weather.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, a few times, generally its the humidity that gets to me the most and so far this year its been very dry. Upper 80's for a few days any my place starts getting a bit warm, if its over 75 in my living room the AC is going on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Not yet, but it's been an incredibly mild winter & spring here. I think we only had 2-3 days that cracked the triple digit mark, but the RH has been in the low teens, and the dewpoint has been in the mid twenties and below. Evaporative cooling ("swamp cooler") has been keeping the house in the low to mid 70's, and I just shut it off at night and leave windows open. Don't think it's been over 75* in the mornings, and that's perfectly acceptable for a seasoned desert dweller!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A/C has been running for months. Since February.
View Quote

Wait, people turn off the AC?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Windows are back open until morning time where it will be nicely below 70.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope, I only have a portable AC for one room but it's still unplugged. Still running the heater in the morning but that's it. It's been cold here at night and only getting into the mid to high 60s. Cloudy and gloomy most of the day.

I only had to run the AC in my jeep a couple times this year.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top