User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Pole fail. Yes, while “hunting”
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Just FYI, I do sheetrock repair. Flexible schedule if it needs to be completed while your wife is at work. I have a brick guy for those of you that carry anything other than 9mm. Please keep me in mind.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
as the great warrior poet Mahk J Fuhrman once mused: I wish to assert my 5th amendment privilege.

View Quote

I spent a week with a fantastic gentleman that was his field training officer.  He said fuhrman was the most racist piece of shit he had ever met, and recommended he be let go. We all know how that turned out…..
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve driven a tank through a residential room before, does that count.

Actually it was 3 rooms, but I wasn’t counting at the time…
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I really don't like guns that require you to pull the trigger to field strip (like most striker fired guns), but
it's still no excuse for failure to do your due diligent safety checks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sadly. yes. Had a ND once breaking down an XD, many years ago. I *thought* I had cleared it.
Had it pointed down at the floor when I pulled the trigger. Never, ever break the "muzzle in a safe direction" rule.

Scared the shit out of me, but damn it was a learning moment, and thankfully no lasting damage.

Word for word my story, including the gun. I was young and new to owning handguns, but I knew to follow the muzzle direction rule!

I'm still embarrassed about it to this day.
I really don't like guns that require you to pull the trigger to field strip (like most striker fired guns), but
it's still no excuse for failure to do your due diligent safety checks.

I love how S&W did the M&P series. Lock the slide open and there's a little tab that you flip down, and that deactivates the sear. No trigger pull needed.

If you really want to, the trigger pull method works too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I seen one in a movie once.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#7]
No.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I shot a Groundhog in my back yard from the confines of my bathroom. It was louder than expected.

Blanks in training too.
View Quote

Seriously thought I was the only one. Hate those hogs. Was standing on the toilet too because the bottom half of the window is screened and I didn't want to have to fix it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Poll should have a vehicular option...BTDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APiH3QS59_4
View Quote
You got the potential mag dumpers coming in. You think they came in here to fire one round? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to mag dump. They're sitting out there waiting to mag dump. Are you gonna mag dump? Are you man enough to mag dump?

@WhiskersTheCat
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I spent a week with a fantastic gentleman that was his field training officer.  He said fuhrman was the most racist piece of shit he had ever met, and recommended he be let go. We all know how that turned out ..
View Quote
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHK

isn't he dead yet?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
yes, intentionally to shoot pigeons in a crop field behind house.
Was a 22-250.

Shook the dust off the ceilings and walls, next time I made sure the muzzle was outside.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Out the back door of a dentists office.  . Actually stood inside the room shooting out the door.

He was also an FFL. Let me shoot a Ruger Mk. II with an integral suppressor. It was modified for shorts.  It got me hooked on silencers.

Poll fail. Didn’t have “Yes, for shits and giggles” as a choice.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You got the potential mag dumpers coming in. You think they came in here to fire one round? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to mag dump. They're sitting out there waiting to mag dump. Are you gonna mag dump? Are you man enough to mag dump?

@WhiskersTheCat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poll should have a vehicular option...BTDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APiH3QS59_4

@WhiskersTheCat

How much you mag dump? I mag dumped 920 mags last year!

Good father? I don't give a shit, go home to your kids.

YOU WANNA WORK HERE, MAG DUMP
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Cut the pie.

+1 on the bedroom slider.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have no idea what you guys are saying.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are paraphrasing one of the best plays (and movies) of all time. Glengarry Glen Ross.

Always Be Closing - Glengarry Glen Ross (2/10) Movie CLIP (1992) HD
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
yes, intentionally to shoot pigeons in a crop field behind house.
Was a 22-250.

Shook the dust off the ceilings and walls, next time I made sure the muzzle was outside.
View Quote

.22-250? For pigeons?

Guess you wanted to damn well make sure the fuckers were dead!

Good. I fucking hate pigeons.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Suppressed full-auto in a basement
View Quote

Craziest thing I have ever seen was a buddy doing a mag dump from his suppressed Greasegun (FA NFA ) into a stack of phone books inside his apartment which was on main street in town.  It was a real WTF moment given how dangerous it was and apparently it was not the first time he had done it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’ve driven a tank through a residential room before, does that count.

Actually it was 3 rooms, but I wasn’t counting at the time…
View Quote

Nope, not unless you fired the main gun while inside.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#20]
100's of times….
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Stack of phone books in front of a yule log can tell you if your reloads cycle without a trip to the range
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Craziest thing I have ever seen was a buddy doing a mag dump from his suppressed Greasegun (FA NFA ) into a stack of phone books inside his apartment which was on main street in town.  It was a real WTF moment given how dangerous it was and apparently it was not the first time he had done it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking legend.

One of my favorite man things isn't our recklessness. It is that weird point where you're definitely taking some pretty big risks but you're honestly trying to mitigate them.

Those are the best dudes. It doesn't always turn out well, but those type of guys are awesome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Suppressed USP45 fired at a coyote, from the living room out the window. Loud.

SCAR17. Negligent. LOUD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
HaHa I fire off a round into the trash bin every night. Helps me get to sleep quickly.
View Quote

I dont know whats worse, that you call it firing off a round or refer to the wife as the trash bin
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Had a hammer follow on a 100+ year old .22 pump action that apparently had a round in the magazine tube even though the follower and spring were removed. Scared the crap out of me. Missed the dresser by about half an inch, and entered the bathroom cabinets on the other side. Passed through a jar of Vaseline and disappeared. Concrete block exterior wall. No one else in the house heard it so dresser got moved over and definitely changed my attitude on gun safety.

As someone said earlier, never trust old guns!

Working on handloads with my dad, we decided to make sure the .30-06 would set off some magnum rifle primers by firing primed brass. After the first one, we put on ear pro. He later set up a home made bullet trap/ sound baffle for the .25acp mouse gun he was working on so he could test it in the garage.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I've shot a number of deer and hogs over the years while sitting in the hall with the barrel out the door.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Doing MOUT in the Army. Yes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I was 14 when I shot Pete Kranz for attempting to steal my dirt bike, well it was for choking my 10 year old brother that stopped him. Used a 12 gage loaded with 7.5 winchester AA in my right barrel. I shot from my second floor bedroom window so the muzzle was outside the room
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I've had two negligent discharges when I was a kid. One was from a broken shotgun. Had an old Mossberg 183 single shot bolt action .410 that the bolt was rusted stuck on. I put some liquid wrench on the action and let it soak, got the bolt open with a mallet, well the firing pin was exposed like the gun was uncocked. At a later date I inserted a shell in the chamber and tried to close the bolt, the bolt wouldn't close, so like the 12yr old kid I was, I rammed it shut, needless to say the gun went off and I damaged an old broken refrigerator in my grandma's house. Oops!

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes. It was a memorable experience. It was out a window.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm safe with guns, so no.

And I've never had to ventilate anyone.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I expected to see this or the other one. Both funny as fuck!  

To answer OP's question, yes.

I have also been in the back of a cargo can when a 5.56 was discharged. My head still hurts some 15 years later. It was like what I imagine a baseball bat to the noggin would feel like. Cant hear shit. Too bad this is what led to us getting cans  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I expected to see this or the other one. Both funny as fuck!  

To answer OP's question, yes.

I have also been in the back of a cargo can when a 5.56 was discharged. My head still hurts some 15 years later. It was like what I imagine a baseball bat to the noggin would feel like. Cant hear shit. Too bad this is what led to us getting cans  
Were you guys on your way to do a heist?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm safe with guns, so no.

And I've never had to ventilate anyone.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've been in a bedroom when a 1897 Winchester went off with a dove load. I think I was 12 or 13.

it was quite loud.

BITD, no one had dummy loads.

he was showing me the action and how it worked.
the hammer followed forward when the pump went forward.

never trust old guns. ever. never trust new guns. ever.

my father always had a rule.

when a gun is out inside the house, it needs to be pointed at the bottom of a corner.
the wall died that night.

lessons learned. I have dummy loads for damned near every caliber or gauge I shoot.
the house I build on my land will have a clearing barrel.
View Quote

Pretty much what happened when my dad was selling his 1897.  He wasn’t a fan afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We could all have apartment ranges with suppressed full auto if the government didn't fuck up everything it touches.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Fucking legend.

One of my favorite man things isn't our recklessness. It is that weird point where you're definitely taking some pretty big risks but you're honestly trying to mitigate them.

Those are the best dudes. It doesn't always turn out well, but those type of guys are awesome.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes, for hunting.

Shot crows out of my room.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah, once I fired a .22 short into a phone book in my mom's basement. When I saw how little damage it did I let go with a .22 longrifle. After inspection I set up a 20 foot or so "range" and shot the shit out that phone book.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes. In an abandoned military housing unit.
Ruger MKII.
It's surprising how many sheet rock walls .22lr will penetrate.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Only Simunition, training local SWAT. That stuff can be rough. Couple guys got some real nasty welts. Boss had the skin on his knuckle peeled back off the joint. He was wearing leather gloves too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#41]
not an American home...but somebody's
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Nope
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes. In an abandoned military housing unit.
Ruger MKII.
It's surprising how many sheet rock walls .22lr will penetrate.
View Quote

That's why I use a shotgun with birdshot for HD.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:15:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've been trying to avoid it.
View Quote

This. Checked no as I'm guessing dry firing with the Mantis system doesn't count.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:18:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This is one of the worst takes I’ve ever heard and we are all dumber for having read it. I sincerely hope it’s a copypasta that I’m unfamiliar with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some times, because if you own a gun over a year without negligent discharging at least once, you aren't handling it enough. NDs are a natural part of handling weapons, just like tweaking your back is part of weightlifting and car accidents are part of driving. I ND several times a year because I actually HANDLE and know how to USE my weapons. It makes me a better firearms handler and marksman, and it's a small part of the price you pay in the sheepdog lifestyle Simple fact is, the "safety mentality" will build mental blocks in your head that will get you killed. You need to be comfortable putting your finger on the trigger and pointing the gun wherever you want no matter the time, place, or status of the weapon. Taking time to check whether the gun is loaded whenever you pick one up will serve to make you hesitate in a personal defense scenario. You fucking safety idiots are going to get people killed all because of this fucking "ND" shaming. Guns are inherently dangerous, you need to accept it.

This is one of the worst takes I’ve ever heard and we are all dumber for having read it. I sincerely hope it’s a copypasta that I’m unfamiliar with.

It is, I've seen it before
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I haven't, but once a friend taped a bunch of phone books together and let probably 50 rounds rip in the garage while I was drinking beer with his Dad in the driveway. In town. God damn that was loud.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:30:52 AM EDT
[#47]
My favorite is movies when people firing machine guns inside vehicles with no earpro and then having a normal conversation 30 seconds later.

You'll see some guy mag dumping an HK51 or Draco and then just casually having a conversation.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was 14 when I shot Pete Kranz for attempting to steal my dirt bike, well it was for choking my 10 year old brother that stopped him. Used a 12 gage loaded with 7.5 winchester AA in my right barrel. I shot from my second floor bedroom window so the muzzle was outside the room
View Quote

True story?   What happened?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:43:22 AM EDT
[#49]
no.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:47:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes, basement ranges and abandoned houses.  Doesn't fit your poll.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top