Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be a lot more discreet without the mag sticking out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I never open that door and when I do I'm standing right in front of the magazine so it's win-win all the way.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has it been two days already since this post was done?  Time really does fly by.

Quick and easy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/djbrow3/truckgun_zpsnkgbvebg.jpg
View Quote

If you have a low rider and a gravel driveway you could be battlescard in 1 trip to the store

Tier1
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's my trunk in the OP

Built it from MDF, speaker box carpet and telescoping cabinet hinges.

View Quote

Ha! Nice.  I may go this route, or just mount something between the hinges like Bama suggested.  I do like the "clean" look of yours, though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Since it's a Charger there are probably a lot of ready made kits for police cars.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes they did.
The government has to "prove" that it was intended to be used for a controlled substance.
There are probably many localities that would simply arrest you for it right away and then let you fight it in court.
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.241
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check your local laws. Some states it's against the law to have hidden compartments in a vehicle.

I was just going to type this.  Didn't Ohio pass something along those lines a year or two ago?

Yes they did.
The government has to "prove" that it was intended to be used for a controlled substance.
There are probably many localities that would simply arrest you for it right away and then let you fight it in court.
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.241

Welcome to the land of the free........
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ha! Nice.  I may go this route, or just mount something between the hinges like Bama suggested.  I do like the "clean" look of yours, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious, where did you find that pic, in a thread here?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I did this instead.

https://youtu.be/x8QpdU7SH1w
View Quote

Who makes that?

Who sells it?

How much did it cost, installed?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#11]
This thread reminds me of Danny Glover's trunk in Predator 2.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has it been two days already since this post was done?  Time really does fly by.

Quick and easy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/djbrow3/truckgun_zpsnkgbvebg.jpg
View Quote

Never seen a man beat the snake before.

A fella, a quick fella might have a weapon under there.

l'd have to pin his head to the panel.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's not exactly true. OP better check anyway. I know of a few different stories where people got busted for compartments that were empty. I don't agree with it, but it happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check your local laws. Some states it's against the law to have hidden compartments in a vehicle.

I was just going to type this.  Didn't Ohio pass something along those lines a year or two ago?

It's a felony, law was passed in 2012.

ETA: SB 305

Only for drugs or illegal stuff  

Shouldn't apply to a legally owned firearm

Damn everything is a felony these days, my car my rules, fuck BS laws

That's not exactly true. OP better check anyway. I know of a few different stories where people got busted for compartments that were empty. I don't agree with it, but it happens.

Just how would the officer know there was a compartment unless you told them or let them toss the vehicle
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Would those drawers that go in the back of an SUV be consider "hidden" compartments?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple Google image search. "Hidden trunk gun". It was like the 3rd result.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

he could just slide a sock over the mag, it might look funny but if its a loose enough sock might not be able to tell what it is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No person shall knowingly operate, possess, or use a vehicle with a hidden compartment with knowledge that the hidden compartment is used or intended to be used to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

he could just slide a sock over the mag, it might look funny but if its a loose enough sock might not be able to tell what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what she said?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Would those drawers that go in the back of an SUV be consider "hidden" compartments?
View Quote

IIRC the lead singer of Blues Traveller got pinched for one of those drawer setups.
I don't remember what the outcome of the case was but he didn't beat the ride.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

If no one has reminded you of this recently, let me just say the various things you have built and shared over the years are always both memorable and impressive.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Better idea

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Put the words "Not a secret vault" on it and there is no violation.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:12:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:18:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bama, Can anybody buy these, or do you have to be post certified and where do you get them? thanks for the answers....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did this instead.

https://youtu.be/x8QpdU7SH1w

Bama, Can anybody buy these, or do you have to be post certified and where do you get them? thanks for the answers....

Ebay has them cheap.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're talking about those similar to "gun-vaults", I'm ASSuming it'd be legal since its specifically addressed in subsection (I):

I) This section does not apply to a box, safe, container, or other item added to a vehicle for the purpose of securing valuables, electronics, or firearms provided that at the time of discovery the box, safe, container, or other item added to the vehicle does not contain a controlled substance or visible residue of a controlled substance.

Keep in mind however, the recent arrest of a CCW permit holder arrested near Dallas for "traffic" infractions, failing to signal a turn.

Guess it all depends on the disposition of the officer.

Was about to do this to my wife's SUV, it has an unused factory compartment on the floor of the cargo area, seriously reconsidering now.

ETA: If the "rifle" in question was actually a pistol build would it then be legal to conceal in such a compartment with a CCW?

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#29]
What about one of these bolted to the floor. Just keep a blanket or something thrown over it.

ar solo vault
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#30]
How about one of these?

Info
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, it was a totally pointless law because they made it illegal to use a hidden compartment to stow illegal items. I guess they felt drug smuggling needed to be more illegaler.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#32]

Is that optic on backwards?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:21:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Dodge magnum has a nice little compartment between the "trunk" floor and the spare.  Perfect.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Some states it is illegal to even have those compartments in your vehicle. You might do something illegal peasant.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:38:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I pretty much said this same thing early this week in a thread mentioned Ohio.....bunch of people started going crazy about "how there specific shit box must be illegal in that state then"
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Some states it is illegal to even have those compartments in your vehicle. You might do something illegal peasant.
View Quote

Indeed with Illinois being one of them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:48:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Christ there are some dumb fucking laws in our country
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:51:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
California has a hidden compartment law and a second law prohibiting the transportation of firearms in "Glove or utility compartments".

Technically speaking the hidden compartment law thing is a stack on charge for narcotics cases and the firearms one pertains to considering the glove compartment as a locked container. But I wouldn't tempt fate with either of them.

Neat to know I would have been a felon between 18-21 for my stash of booze in the rear wheelhouse of my old Celica (accessed by removing the rear seat cupholder).

Considering I almost caught a felony at that age for having a basball bat in the back of my car, I guess luck was on my side.
View Quote

Well the glove or utility compartments applies to driver reachable compartments.  The hidden compartment is in the Health & Safety Code and applies if carrying drugs
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:54:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is that optic on backwards?
View All Quotes

SightMark. I have one. That's how they mount.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#40]
You do know  that the arresting officers don't nessaseraly know all of the laws...and can charge you with things that may technically be legal......but is it worth the initial /long term hassle ....you know the whole stupid games prizes shit....is it worth getting arrested ,paying bail,the lawyer cost,the car impound fee,gun confescated and beat to shit......really is it worth it?????why risk it.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:15:05 AM EDT
[#41]
It is illegal to have a loaded long gun in a car in Ohio.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This isn't a bad design if you want to be discrete.http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/22.jpg

It's not a hidden compartment so it should be legal in those circumstances.  I need to stick a KISS PSA rifle in the trunk.

View Quote

had to dig to find out what this was.

big sky makes roof mount racks and this guy mounted it in his trunk instead.
Amazon sells them for 60 bucks.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5513268-Progress-so-far-(lots-of-pics)/page2
post about it and mounting it.

"big sky racks" and the model is "BSR-1"

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It is illegal to have a loaded long gun in a car in Ohio.
View Quote

Even with CCW?

AR Pistol FTW.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#45]
AR pistol is good to go, but even with concealed carry no long gun can be loaded in car.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I have one mounted to the lid of my toolbox in my truck. Funny thing is I go a LOT of places that will roll out a mirror to look under the truck. You have to open the glove box, open the console, put the shade deals down in the truck. They look in the toolbox but they never look under the lid.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Roush makes a really neat "tool kit" that attaches to the inside top of the trunk lid for Mustangs.  I wanted to get one, remove the foam inserts and put some in to hold my SBR AR.  Problem is, they are 500 freaking dollars!
View Quote

I saw that!  I'm not sure if I like it or not.  On one hand, it doesn't look like a gun.  On the other hand, people will steal tools just as quickly as they'd steal a gun. Not sure if worth it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Further proof political life attracts the biggest idiots among us.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
AR pistol is good to go, but even with concealed carry no long gun can be loaded in car.
View Quote

Ohio did way with the loaded magazines restrictions correct?

With CCW I can have spare pistol mags correct?

I believe you can have loaded rifle mags as long as they are stored in a separate container.
I am told the pouches outside the riflecase are OK. Also a chest rig if the rifle is in a separate case
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes, as long as you have a CCW this is correct, loaded mags cannot be inserted into rifle and can be in pouches in case.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top