BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You build clean rooms and leave?  You're not working anywhere in Pharma with something that can fall into product in a live production facility.  I'm assuming you build off site and fully assemble and leave.  Are you working in areas with current production running?
View Quote

If construction is going on during a production run in a pharmaceutical plant you are in violation of a shit ton of GMPs. The gowning process for entry into a GMP space would not allow any sort of hot work to be conducted.
For minor work inside clean corridors ( NOT the manufacturing areas) all tools have to be sterilized and workers be gowned and hair/beard netted. I have never seen a USG or GMP requirement for what you are claiming, and believe me, I keep up with them.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So if it's so great, what's the purpose of this 10 page thread?

Your wife's company sucks and needs to pay more. Simple as that.
View Quote

Wolvey, I have a rule to never even give someone over 25 who makes less than $16.50 the time of day.  You tricked me with $33 (IN WA) and I've now violated this longstanding rule.  I'm sorry but I can't speak to a middle aged adult who makes $16.50 per hour for any advice whatsoever.  

Good bye my friend, may we only ever talk firearms and hatred of the left in the future.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Multimillion dollar jobs.
View Quote

What industry.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's not me.  They tried everything to keep this dude.  Customer told him not to come back with it and he put his 2 weeks in.
View Quote

Amerisource here, nothing in policy for fulltime. Any DO can make their own rules. Not against DEA compliance that  i am know of.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah but who putting in 200 hrs of OT a year anymore. Get your fucking expenses under control and go fishing.
View Quote

Lots of trades folk…

Shit, I’ve averaged 7-800 hours of OT for the last 3 years.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nobody under 50 works OT. It's not a thing.
View Quote
That's just not true at all.  The construction workers that just redid my top floor were telling me that they are working stupid amounts of hours right now and pulling the cash.  Striking while the iron is hot and socking away as much as they can.

I have several friends that work skilled labor and they work all manner of over time.  The age range of the people in this post are 30s-40s.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As I stated earlier on this page. I work almost exclusively in pharma. I have NEVER seen the requirements you have mentioned for construction. Never.
View Quote

Not sure what Mickey Mouse plant you work at...

Both medicine and food are internal to the body.  Same rules.

Like jewelry, acrylic nails or fingernail polish could contaminate the food. The best practice is to avoid wearing false nails or fingernail polish. Saliva can contain thousands of pathogens or germs. Avoid eating, drinking, and chewing gum or tobacco while in the kitchen or serving area.

https://www.fdacs.gov/content/download/23708/file/Workbook%2520and%2520Guide%2520for%2520Food%2520Safety%2520Orientation%2520for%2520New%2520Employees.pdf
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Motivated people go down the road for higher pay. We had a guy, who is a partial fuck up go down the road for $14000 year more and less bullshit. It has never been a better time to find a new job or sell a house. I mean maybe Europe post Black Death was better but I haven't heard tell of it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So you're making less than these guys per year.  Got it cool.
View Quote

How would you know? I didn't say anything about how many hours, only dollars per hour.

If you were honest about your comparisons you would be listing ~72K ($35 * 40hr/wk * 52 weeks).
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Like jewelry, acrylic nails or fingernail polish could contaminate the food. The best practice is to avoid wearing false nails or fingernail polish. Saliva can contain thousands of pathogens or germs. Avoid eating, drinking, and chewing gum or tobacco while in the kitchen or serving area.

https://www.fdacs.gov/content/download/23708/file/Workbook%2520and%2520Guide%2520for%2520Food%2520Safety%2520Orientation%2520for%2520New%2520Employees.pdf
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I stated earlier on this page. I work almost exclusively in pharma. I have NEVER seen the requirements you have mentioned for construction. Never.

Haha what ... is this like a fucking restaurant workers orientation guide?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wolvey, I have a rule to never even give someone over 25 who makes less than $16.50 the time of day.  You tricked me with $33 (IN WA) and I've now violated this longstanding rule.  I'm sorry but I can't speak to a middle aged adult who makes $16.50 per hour for any advice whatsoever.  

Good bye my friend, may we only ever talk firearms and hatred of the left in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do know that there is more to WA than Seattle, right? There are lots of suburbs, low cost of living areas. Hell the entire eastern half of the state is all farm land.

Like I said, I'm doing well for myself. Your wife's company seems to be struggling
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't need it figured out.  Wife obviously doesn't network with a bunch of tradesmen from similar or other trades.  Yes until you voted for Biden because of MUH BUMPSTOCK everything was great.  Seeing what is going on out there and showing some gumption and pounding the streets to find out what others are dealing with.
View Quote

You would do well to stop projecting your fantasies on everyone.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's just not true at all.  The construction workers that just redid my top floor were telling me that they are working stupid amounts of hours right now and pulling the cash.  Striking while the iron is hot and socking away as much as they can.

I have several friends that work skilled labor and they work all manner of over time.  The age range of the people in this post are 30s-40s.
View Quote

I grew up on a farm, you make hay while the sun shines. OT is in no way worth it anymore. Leave. The next place will pay what you make working OT right now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah .. so many tradesmen are probably living in Seattle proper. Maybe look at the bedroom communities like Tacoma. Do you think the tradesmen in NYC live in downtown Manhattan as well? Don't be obtuse OP.

https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/columbus-oh/tacoma-wa/30000
View Quote

There's "obtuse", and there is "willfully ignorant fool".
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah like the cost of living is cutting in half outside of Seattle.  Maybe 10% so you're making $18.15 per hour.  Still makes me sick to my stomach that I even listened to one word you said.  I could have talked to random strangers at the laundromat and probably got more intelligent answers.

I cannot do it anymore dude.  Get $20 per hour in comparable salary and then get back at me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I grew up on a farm, you make hay while the sun shines. OT is in no way worth it anymore. Leave. The next place will pay what you make working OT right now.
View Quote
I don't think the company in question, the one from the OP, is offering near enough wages to draw workers that's the problem, everyone I know who is a skill laborer or tradesman, eats up overtime at every chance they can get.  In fact it's usually doled out by seniority and is offered to the most senior employees, first.

The scraps that are left and thrown to the new guys to fight over.

Overtime is in overdrive right now for skilled labor.  It's a feast and....the people whom I have spoken to that work those jobs, are feasting.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sigh.
If they are doing hot work in a manufacturing area, it is not in active production.
When they are done doing their hot work related construction in the GMP area, it will be triple cleaned and tested before being put back in production.

You should quit pretending to know what you don’t know.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So ... the company based on feedback from GD has decided to raise their wages below par for a starting welder? ALL within the time frame of a single thread?

Does the fleet of company vehicles sound like clown cars or ice cream trucks when they drive around?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People will keep showing up to this thread and responding to the OP before they dig through 10 pages, if they ever do.. why not edit it lol?

So what is the actual pay scale for your wife's company today?

I did edit it, hours ago.  Starting is $20 with 0 experience, but sounds like they're bumping it to $24 and 20% across the board.

So ... the company based on feedback from GD has decided to raise their wages below par for a starting welder? ALL within the time frame of a single thread?

Does the fleet of company vehicles sound like clown cars or ice cream trucks when they drive around?

Yeah... I think we are in a troll thread. Business plan by GD.

Those trucks? They are $60,000 trucks dude!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You like arguing with people who actually do the work you think you know about.

But please continue, it’s fun to watch.
View Quote

I think it's awesome that all you serious guys making $16.50 per hour spent 10 pages fighting for fingernail painting rights and $100 boot allowances.  I came to GD with some drinks to have and you all did not disappoint, I've had a blast.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you the OP’s wife?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have realized after 10 pages that we have been doing things all wrong. I am going to see if one of our HR ladies or maybe one of the admin folks can ask their significant other to poll their internet friends on our wages and benefits to ensure we are fairly compensated and remain competitive in the market place.

I have FULL FAITH based on the references provided in this thread their input will be implemented by upper management as swiftly as yours has.  

ETA: You have basically crowd sourced the entire benefits career field in HR.

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/5b/5bdb26aa3632423d434f53dab6d18627.jpeg
View Quote

The ones who actually had interesting things to say and viable careers posted their info and left.  The ones with no life argued the dumbest shit for 10 pages.  I came with whiskey for the laughs and I got em!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You understand that that makes your point worse....right?  It means they are working more hours, for less money.

Guy, you asked.  The bottom line is that this company is having problems with new hires, because they aren't offering enough compensation.

Do what that information whatever you want.
View Quote

Go getters only care about total money.  You work OT, but can't get paid for it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah but who putting in 200 hrs of OT a year anymore. Get your fucking expenses under control and go fishing.
View Quote

Non-lazy dickheads who want 6 figures a year and have no other way to get it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't get a boot allowance. I'm just well paid and given decent benefits, and buy my own boots and clothes. And I don't live in Seattle, but rather a low cost of living area, which somehow exists in the state of Seattle! Fucking crazy!
View Quote

Well paid at $18.15 an hour Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Asking for help and then 11 pages of saying you're not doing anything wrong.  That doesn't make any sense.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't think the company in question, the one from the OP, is offering near enough wages to draw workers that's the problem, everyone I know who is a skill laborer or tradesman, eats up overtime at every chance they can get.  In fact it's usually doled out by seniority and is offered to the most senior employees, first.

The scraps that are left and thrown to the new guys to fight over.

Overtime is in overdrive right now for skilled labor.  It's a feast and....the people whom I have spoken to that work those jobs, are feasting.
View Quote

I'll give you that, I've never worked a job that OT was a coveted thing. It was always a thing a new guys had to do, old guys refused. I started here 2 years ago. My straight time pay is the same as guys with 5 years+ time make on OT. Probably depends on the trade. I am also willing to admit I may have a warped view due to local economy and other factors.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You do know that there is more to WA than Seattle, right? There are lots of suburbs, low cost of living areas. Hell the entire eastern half of the state is all farm land.

Like I said, I'm doing well for myself. Your wife's company seems to be struggling
View Quote

My fucking old computer in the basement makes more per hour mining crypto than you make per hour Mr. $18.15.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wife works HR and is having a massive problem filling welder/fitter positions.  They have trained on the job for years, but that may be over as the the last trainee took 2 years to get up to speed and then quit because he can’t have painted nails on the job.

Up to $35 an hour max,  fair promotions.  One guy started at $13  and within a year was at $25 because he learned so much so fast.  *EDIT*  10 years ago ,not a seniority based job.

5 paid sick days per year after 90 days

3 weeks vacation + 5 PTO after 1 year
4 weeks after 15 years

So basically 5 weeks of paid time off after 15 years.

401k with great match.

Medical, dental, and life insurance, LI is employer paid and medical and dental is 60% covered by the company.

Vehicles are provided to get to job sites

$100 a year tool allowance

40-50% travel is possible (can also work locally most of the year, just depends) and your hotel is paid as well as a $35 dollar per day per diem as well as an extra dollar per hour when traveling.

All the overtime you can handle if you want it.

They can’t find a soul who’s qualified.  Welder / fitters in Ohio must be making bank everywhere else.

*UPDATE*
Thank you to those who provided insight.
Wife texting with boss and they're going to raise wages 20% across the board and expand per diem.  Gonna look at the rest this week.  

Many families and future employees will benefit from your insight.

To the whining Commies who cried for 7 pages, No thanks.
View Quote

Sounds like your wife needs to be fired.  HR is supposed to know this stuff - it's their job.  When I got my HR certificate, ask my hubby to ask random dudes on the internet wasn't one of the wage and benefit compensation metrics recommended.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sigh.
If they are doing hot work in a manufacturing area, it is not in active production.
When they are done doing their hot work related construction in the GMP area, it will be triple cleaned and tested before being put back in production.

You should quit pretending to know what you don’t know.
View Quote

You're the one claiming a customer didn't ask someone with nails painted to not come back with it.  I'm just telling you it happened.  Sorry that upsets you, but their plant, their right to ask that.  If you actually worked in such a facility you would know the bullshit hoops they make people jump through for compliance and it varies widely depending on the plant as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

JAY INSLEE FAN CLUB CHECKING IN AGAIN!

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah like the cost of living is cutting in half outside of Seattle.
View Quote

Actually on the east side of Washington the cost of living is about half that of Seattle  . And like I said earlier $35 is Shit pay for a welder your wife's company is looking for .  The Fitters / welders we use for refrigeration make almost double .
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're the one claiming a customer didn't ask someone with nails painted to not come back with it.  I'm just telling you it happened.  Sorry that upsets you, but their plant, their right to ask that.  If you actually worked in such a facility you would know the bullshit hoops they make people jump through for compliance and it varies widely depending on the plant as well.
View Quote

Now you are just lying.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll give you that, I've never worked a job that OT was a coveted thing. It was always a thing a new guys had to do, old guys refused. I started here 2 years ago. My straight time pay is the same as guys with 5 years+ time make on OT. Probably depends on the trade. I am also willing to admit I may have a warped view due to local economy and other factors.
View Quote
I have never in my life heard of a skilled labor or trade industry were overtime is a "negative", that was stuck to the new guys as if it is something nobody else wanted to deal with.

In the world of skilled labor or trade, not taking it is leaving money on the table.  It's not that they are underpaid and they need it to make their ledger balance....

No matter how well paid...none of those guys want to leave money on the table for someone else to take home.  They want to stack it on for all they can tolerate.  The goal is to go hard, head down, suck it up and get that bank account fat. Then punch the clock for the very last time, as young as possible.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Non-lazy dickheads who want 6 figures a year and have no other way to get it.
View Quote

Once again, there is more in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

If someone does 6f through a shitton of time, good for them. But lots of people do it through work which is worth a hell of a lot more per hour.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#35]
My sixteen year old nephew just started washing dishes in the dining hall at Phillips Exeter Academy.

His starting pay was $20 per hour, to wash dishes. After six months he will be able to attend classes for free.

Just saying
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sounds like your wife needs to be fired.  HR is supposed to know this stuff - it's their job.  When I got my HR certificate, ask my hubby to ask random dudes on the internet wasn't one of the wage and benefit compensation metrics recommended.
View Quote

none of this makes sense
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get a boot allowance. I'm just well paid and given decent benefits, and buy my own boots and clothes. And I don't live in Seattle, but rather a low cost of living area, which somehow exists in the state of Seattle! Fucking crazy!

Well paid at $18.15 an hour /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/F84A650C-2406-46C9-B3D1-D3F7D7319381-693.gif
My last paycheck said $33/hr.

Sure some things are bit more expensive here, but it's not too bad, certainly not half my wages bad.

And I'm a few minutes away from several Mountain ranges for camping and hunting, an ocean a couple hours away, the Puget Sound is literally a 5 minute drive. How are things in Ohio?

And somehow I'm able to afford to live here, and travel around the country on my paltry salary.

But anyway, you started this thread because your wife's company can't find enough employees.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No one there is making $13 an hour.  It was an old example from 10 years ago, because if I said max $35 you'd all cry that it will take decades with a dollar raise a year.  It was to show you do well you get paid well fast.  Dude sticks in my head because he passed away in a tragic accident (OFF WORK) some years later, but he was an amazing guy so I remember the story.Sorry, not my company, next time I ask for advice from the skilled people here for my wife, I'll have her give me the entire company history from the last 2 years so I can be sure everything I say is current and doesn't upset anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
>Great 401k match!

Like what the hell is a person making $13 bucks an hour supposed to contribute that will amount to anything in a 401k, trying to pay bills on fast food wages lmao

No one there is making $13 an hour.  It was an old example from 10 years ago, because if I said max $35 you'd all cry that it will take decades with a dollar raise a year.  It was to show you do well you get paid well fast.  Dude sticks in my head because he passed away in a tragic accident (OFF WORK) some years later, but he was an amazing guy so I remember the story.Sorry, not my company, next time I ask for advice from the skilled people here for my wife, I'll have her give me the entire company history from the last 2 years so I can be sure everything I say is current and doesn't upset anyone.

Meh, you guys FIRED your best recent hire because he's a weirdo. Like I said , start there. The guy wears gloves and a helmet for ducks sake.

Edit. I was on page 3, didn't see this blew up. I'm sure it's been covered.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sure some things are bit more expensive here, but it's not too bad, certainly not half my wages bad.

And I'm a few minutes away from several Mountain ranges for camping and hunting, an ocean a couple hours away, the Puget Sound is literally a 5 minute drive. How are things in Ohio?

And somehow I'm able to afford to live here, and travel around the country on my paltry salary.

But anyway, you started this thread because your wife's company can't find enough employees.
View Quote

Last time I checked a case of ammo is not priced by your local official CoL numbers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Last time I checked a case of ammo is not priced by your local official CoL numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right. Milk and gas might be a few cents cheaper but the MSRP on guns and the shit I buy on Amazon is all the same.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My fucking old computer in the basement makes more per hour mining crypto than you make per hour Mr. $18.15.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oooo how much do I make an hour?

Do residual and passive income.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sober up.

You are just phoning it in now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#43]
I have about two week of high school shop training on welding. Stick and wire.

I wouldn’t weld for $13 an hour, but I don’t think you’d pay that much for my work
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you so offended over the fact that I make a decent wage and am decently compensated for my labor? Are you jealous? I get it, Ohio seems kind of shitty.

It is possible for a company to exist and pay employees well

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why are you so offended over the fact that I make a decent wage and am decently compensated for my labor? Are you jealous? I get it, Ohio seems kind of shitty.

It is possible for a company to exist and pay employees well

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326493/1w9aiq7xwa571_jpg-2149465.JPG

View Quote

hush......don't wake the baby
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you are a troll. Noted and rated.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show this post to your HR wife in the sober morning and ask her how proud of you she is…
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Show this post to your HR wife in the sober morning and ask her how proud of you she is…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how the guy dividing everyone into classes is calling everyone a communist.......
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Looks like OP is drunk posting now.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:42:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well you pay a million dollars for a house that is 90k here.  I'm sure you're rolling in the money in DEMville, only problem is you're paying 10x what we pay in Ohio.

Literally don't know a soul making more than 3 weeks of vacation my age.

The comments that are from actual skilled people with information (not this one Wolvey) help and will end up better the lives of some workers in Ohio.  Those are appreciated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have be there for 15 fucking years to get decent vacation time off?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Well you pay a million dollars for a house that is 90k here.  I'm sure you're rolling in the money in DEMville, only problem is you're paying 10x what we pay in Ohio.

Literally don't know a soul making more than 3 weeks of vacation my age.

The comments that are from actual skilled people with information (not this one Wolvey) help and will end up better the lives of some workers in Ohio.  Those are appreciated.

The US military gives even the newest recruit 30 days paid leave every year, plus federal holidays off, unlimited paid sick leave as directed by their doctor, and paid maternity AND paternity leave. Service members range in age from 17 to 55. How old are you?
Page / 12
Top Top