BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We start at 10 days, with an additional 5 “floater” and 5 sick days. I don’t know why they have the 5 floaters separated but whatever. You get an extra 5 every year until it caps at 25.

We are also on the low side in the area and have had a few people negotiate for higher.

I know the places around here that are even lower than us have always struggled, even more so the past year or so. People want to get out.
View Quote

Not understanding that completely.  You start with 10 and an additional 5 floater and 5 sick days?  You get an extra 5 per yr. until it caps at 25?  10+5+5+ 5 for the second year  that is 25 then after 2 years or 1?  Guessing that's not correct.  25 total days that's a 3.5 weeks?  How long though?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Again, here are my wages and compensation for factory welding. Convince why I should move to Ohio and work for your wife's company

I Mig Weld in a factory for $33/hr, good healthcare, +5 % 401k matching, and get 10hrs PTO every paycheck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I Mig Weld in a factory for $33/hr, good healthcare, +5 % 401k matching, and get 10hrs PTO every paycheck.
View Quote

You get 3 weeks vacation a year accrued and you say that 3 weeks, plus 5 PTO days is garbage in the first year...  OK.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am not a welder.  I am a software developer.  While my income is above most of the numbers you quoted in your OP, sharing it would be irrelevant to your question.

I know what life costs, just like everyone else.  I know that the numbers you shared aren't nearly enough for someone looking for a career, to be able to afford to work there. Not in the new world that we find ourselves suddenly in.
View Quote

I mean 3/4 of the guys working cleared between 82-96k last year with OT.  IN OHIO with OHIO's cost of living.  You must be spoiled rotten wherever you live if that isn't enough to live on or be able to afford to work there.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You get 3 weeks vacation a year accrued and you say that 3 weeks, plus 5 PTO days is garbage in the first year...  OK.
View Quote

You said it took 5 years to get to 3 weeks in your OP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I mean 3/4 of the guys working cleared between 82-96k last year with OT.  IN OHIO with OHIO's cost of living.  You must be spoiled rotten wherever you live if that isn't enough to live on or be able to afford to work there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not a welder.  I am a software developer.  While my income is above most of the numbers you quoted in your OP, sharing it would be irrelevant to your question.

I know what life costs, just like everyone else.  I know that the numbers you shared aren't nearly enough for someone looking for a career, to be able to afford to work there. Not in the new world that we find ourselves suddenly in.

How much over time did they have to work?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is clearly a huge cost of living wage difference between your area and the areas of commentors saying fast food gets $15-20.

The only fast food I've ever seen advertised that high has been on memes posted on Facebook, probably san francisco or NYC.

You can't really make comparative statements like that without considering the region.

Still probably a little low starting, and the benefits package is weak/out of date on vacation.
View Quote

Good points.  I'm perplexed at this attitude about vacation.  So basically they get 4 week paid off every year after 12 months, 5 days prior to 1 year.  I don't know many people that aren't fighting for 2 weeks total or 3 weeks total when they get hired.  My wife is the only person I know with 5 weeks off a year.

What job are you doing that a month to 5 weeks is outdated?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's not even remotely the same industry.  No one is driving a rig they paid for with 100k's of dollar of tools they own in this field.  No one is making $200 per hour, no one is making more than $55 per hour even in California doing this job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Depends on the area, but around 200/hr.

I think I figured out the industry your wife is in, and in all fairness, you probably do have a good prevailing wage for that work.  

But if they are worth a shit, and welders talk (like no one else alive), we will poach the good ones.

I still think the health insurance/time off is crummy.  Welding isn't a healthy long term job.

It's not even remotely the same industry.  No one is driving a rig they paid for with 100k's of dollar of tools they own in this field.  No one is making $200 per hour, no one is making more than $55 per hour even in California doing this job.
That's what I bill for, the welder himself gets much, much less
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also get 6 days of "sick leave". Calling out gets you 1 point, showing up late gets you 1/2. Over 6 points on a rolling year and you're fired. So really you can show up late 12 times and still be fine.

And I genuinely want to leave WA, why should I go to Ohio?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is what made the people that way , the  30s _40s and its bred into some . dont cut them short. There really is not a new group of fuckers that I grew up with willing to take your shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing so, company is 150 years old.  This is probably the toughest thing they've ever faced,  The depression, The great recession, WW2.  I mean it will be really hard for them asking what the deal is and finding out and changing things.  Probably impossible actually.  Even if you "intelligent" guys give the impression they need to raise wages, I'm sure they'll just climb on a forum and complain that employees want too much and fold up shop and send everyone home.

Hey man we tried, can't teach a capitalist to not be greedy though right.

That is what made the people that way , the  30s _40s and its bred into some . dont cut them short. There really is not a new group of fuckers that I grew up with willing to take your shit

What are you and ZOOM GANG going to take? They're clearly going out of business because they can't handle a wage increase.  We already addressed this.  The great Recession was like 13 years ago, not in the 30's and 40's.  Might want to tell the "really not a new group of fuckers you grew up with willing to take my shit" to take a fucking English class and maybe History too.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP's bitter tears are the best part of this thread. Want good help? Pay well and offer competitive benefits. So simple. In my AO municipal shit-shovelers make more, and have much better bennies.
View Quote

In a Democrat controlled State the munies are making out?  God you're lucky!  Be glad you live where you live.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You guys comparing the welder job to fast food.  Fast food also gives you at least one meal a day, and coffee and or soft drinks at break time.  You also are seeing at least a 100 pretty girls every day.  When I was 15 and working at Jack in the Box, I was nailing one every day.

Noto222: You keep comparing cost of living in Ohio.  No offence, but that's because nobody wants to live in Bum F**k Ohio.  

View Quote

Says the guy living in the state that millions are fleeing from.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wife works HR and is having a massive problem filling welder/fitter positions.  They have trained on the job for years, but that may be over as the the last trainee took 2 years to get up to speed and then quit because he can’t have painted nails on the job.

Up to $35 an hour max,  fair promotions.  One guy started at $13  and within a year was at $25 because he learned so much so fast.  *EDIT*  10 years ago ,not a seniority based job.

5 paid sick days per year after 90 days

2 weeks of vacation time per year as well after 1 year
3 weeks after 5 years
4 weeks after 15 years

So basically 5 weeks of paid time off after 15 years.

401k with great match.

Medical, dental, and life insurance, LI is employer paid and medical and dental is 60% covered by the company.

Vehicles are provided to get to job sites

$100 a year tool allowance

40-50% travel is possible (can also work locally most of the year, just depends) and your hotel is paid as well as a $35 dollar per day per diem as well as an extra dollar per hour when traveling.

All the overtime you can handle if you want it.

They can’t find a soul who’s qualified.  Welder / fitters in Ohio must be making bank everywhere else.

*UPDATE*
Thank you to those who provided insight.
Wife texting with boss and they're going to raise wages 20% across the board and expand per diem.  Gonna look at the rest this week.  

Many families and future employees will benefit from your insight.

To the whining Commies who cried for 7 pages, No thanks.
View Quote
Really late reply. But there is so much in that OP that is just sad and pathetic. That place should close and the owner should by some fast food franchises.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He couldn’t afford gloves with that $100 per year tool allowance
View Quote

That was hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread feels like a bizarre modern art exhibit.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think that's a massive part of the problem here.  All the old employees are on the high end of your scale.  They are making enough right now to deal with it and get by until they retire.  They don't have the energy left to start over somewhere new but the end is in sight.

Anyone new though, actually dealing in the current job market knows better and is walking away for better offers.  That's ok...for now.  But as the 25+ year workers head out to pasture, it's going to become a larger and larger problem for this company, if they don't adjust for current the market and competition.
View Quote

They're making 82k-96k take home new and old.  So many of you act like you're banking mid 6 figures and it's easy.  Is the cost of living in a Dem state 10x Ohio or what?  If that's terrible by you, sorry that's amazing money here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They're use to working in Oil and Gas making $100 an hour in E Ohio.
View Quote

Came here to say this. I know a local kid who is now a pipeline welder and is making 6 figures. That company is offering mind numbed fast food worker wages for a job that requires actual skills.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good points.  I'm perplexed at this attitude about vacation.  So basically they get 4 week paid off every year after 12 months, 5 days prior to 1 year.  I don't know many people that aren't fighting for 2 weeks total or 3 weeks total when they get hired.  My wife is the only person I know with 5 weeks off a year.

What job are you doing that a month to 5 weeks is outdated?
View Quote

I work for the .gov (local). Whether you like it or not, jobs like mine as just as much a competitor for applicants as welding gigs.

I get 11 PDOs (Holidays) a year. If I don't take them, I can cash them out in December.  If I work a holiday, I get time and a half.

I accrue 9hrs of vacation every pay period. I can carry 540 hours. Anything over I can cash out.

Overtime can be earned as comp time at time and a half. I can carry 85 hours.

Sick is accrued at 8 hours a pay period, with no cap. At retirement, I can cash out approximately 300 hours as base rate.

We work 4x 10s, so 10 hours of time off buys me a 4 day weekend.

I am on call every 5th week, and I get 8hr of time just for being on call. Any callout is paid at time and a half for 2 hr minimum.

My clothing allowance is $1400 a year, and they supply PPE and equipment.

Medical is about $275 a month for a family, including vision and dental.

I have a 20 year pension and a 457(b)

I misspoke earlier....I have taken two 2-week vacations this year, with another scheduled in November, and I will carry 190 hours over into next year.

I don't make much more than your starting guys do, but the benefits make up for it. These are the types of positions you are competing against, and even our hiring pool is diminishing. It is what it is.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A $100 "benefit" is honestly an insult OP.  I am not being a smart ass or edgy.  It would look better for the company, to offer nothing at all.

Don't get me wrong, a real perk would be best, but $100 employment benefit is like grandma giving little Timmy a $5 bill for Christmas.  Grandma can get away with it I guess because she is 90 years old and half senile but.....seriously...it's like pouring salt in a wound and expecting gratitude.
View Quote

So... I'd rather you give me 2k to buy what I need and be forced to pay for all my tools vs.  everything you need from transportation to tools and all consumables is paid for buy the company and whatever tools you need you will get, and get exactly what you want, but you have to buy workboots and hand tools.  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  I'd much rather just tell some dude welder's on the fritz and walk and get new one.  Uniform's torn, get a new one.  Vehicles making news, get a new one.  Outta tungsten, here's some more.  I'll take that $100 "benefit" on top of that no questions too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Man I'm a Welder, I'm drunk a lot and have dad issues. I'm gonna need a link because this sounds like something I would say. I don't think I made a thread about it, but I might have posted something like that.
View Quote

It might not be you then.  Thread was hilarious though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

sounds like a kickass country song, my man.

come on up and we'll write the rest.
View Quote

If you too get married, don't forget to invite me for bringing you together.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So... I'd rather you give me 2k to buy what I need and be forced to pay for all my tools vs.  everything you need from transportation to tools and all consumables is paid for buy the company and whatever tools you need you will get, and get exactly what you want, but you have to buy workboots and hand tools.  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  I'd much rather just tell some dude welder's on the fritz and walk and get new one.  Uniform's torn, get a new one.  Vehicles making news, get a new one.  Outta tungsten, here's some more.  I'll take that $100 "benefit" on top of that no questions too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A $100 "benefit" is honestly an insult OP.  I am not being a smart ass or edgy.  It would look better for the company, to offer nothing at all.

Don't get me wrong, a real perk would be best, but $100 employment benefit is like grandma giving little Timmy a $5 bill for Christmas.  Grandma can get away with it I guess because she is 90 years old and half senile but.....seriously...it's like pouring salt in a wound and expecting gratitude.

What welder outside of a pipeliner or 1099 type guy is buying their own welder or consumables? I don't think you know the difference between a tool budget and consumables / equipment / materials / etc.

We gather your wife is some sort of HR for the hand rail welding company, but what exactly do you do OP?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If the welder is supposed to provide his or her own hand tools how will they get by with only screwdrivers, hammers, and Allen keys? I can see your fabrication experience is far reaching. Let's just assume that is all they need though ...

Chipping hammer $25
Screw driver set $46
Allen key set $30

God help them if they need a tape measure, torpedo level, 2' square, plumb bob, wrenches, 6 ft. stick rule, etc.

I guess they will not only need to work for less than Walmart, but also pay to outfit this cheap company with tools that they can use to perform their business with.

View Quote

All of the guys that were ever hired already had them.  So I guess it's never been a problem and the $100 was for replacement of broken stuff or new stuff they wanted.  It's interesting how many are hung up on $200 of tools when these guys are provided 25k in tools each and a 60k truck to drive around for free.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh and I have to wear a uniform? This sounds worse and worse. I'm not seeing a reason why I should quit my great job and move the great bastion that is Ohio and work for your wife's terrible company.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
OP's newest approach, if you make more money than he decides is enough, you are spoiled rotten.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wife works HR and is having a massive problem filling welder/fitter positions.  They have trained on the job for years, but that may be over as the the last trainee took 2 years to get up to speed and then quit because he can’t have painted nails on the job.

View Quote

Your company lost a qualified 2 year employee over painted nails... for a weilder.   Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

When hiring a field worker, this is the absolute least of my concerns.   Quality of Work,  Work Ethic and honesty.    

Jesus Christ people are stupid.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
20 years ago cats breathed water just fine!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's like a crazy person that keeps drowning cats. Everyone tells him cats breathe air, but he is just sure they breathe water.
20 years ago cats breathed water just fine!

Especially dishwasher water.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They ARE somewhere else. Lot's of big construction jobs going on right now. Labor market is tight. What you are looking for in a welder/fitter is likely doing better at a union job than what she is paying. There is a  reason the job is vacant and people quit, it is a relatively small market and guys talk, they know who to work for and what companies suck. I know the pay rate and benefits of every comparable power plant near me, and if it is a good place to work.

Just sayiing.
View Quote

Considering there's over 140 welders and 50% have been there 25 years that bodes well for them right?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Industry isn't really that identifying. What industry does the contract welder support that does not allow him to have fingernail polish?

I've not worked in a ton mind you, but off the top of the head I've worked in power houses, boilers, r&d, pulp mills, paper mills, water treatment, commercial building projects, educational building projects, aerospace, food grade industrial projects, and probably some more I'm not thinking of.

I have yet to hear someone go "OH JESUS FINGERNAIL POLISH! FIRE THAT BRO!"
View Quote

I'm sure you'd love a little fingernail polish in your heart medicine.  Customer doesn't want the risk though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#30]
OP sure knows a lot of details about the daily happenings of the company his wife works HR for….
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So this is probably sanitary stainless TIG welding…

That makes this thread even more humorous.
View Quote

Well share rates then.  The whole point is to correct the problem.  What are you making?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Call The Texas Hammer!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It was a page ago in case you missed it.

WA and Inslee do suck, but I still wouldn't move to Ohio to work for your "wife's" company.
View Quote

If you're a MIG welder you wouldn't be able to do this work, so no big loss.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was a page ago in case you missed it.

WA and Inslee do suck, but I still wouldn't move to Ohio to work for your "wife's" company.

But I'm still doing better you're "wife's" lackeys.

And I can do more than Mig Weld...but not for less than $33/hr.

Have fun with employee search!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Considering there's over 140 welders and 50% have been there 25 years that bodes well for them right?
View Quote

This tells me enough about your wife’s company to know another reason they can’t hire new people.  They’re thinking is 25 years old. Perhaps in 1997 things were great making $13/hr starting out with no experience. Now, it’s fast food wages. Target pays $15/hr starting and yeah ‘no one wants to work’ for $13/hr with POTENTIAL to make $25/hr in a year.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
The $100 has nothing to do with anything else you typed.  It's unrelated.

It's also an absolute insult and is basically enough for an employee to take his wife and 2 kids out to a crappy to mediocre dinner...one time.  Talkin about a trip to Golden Corral here... That's the big bonus.

The company would be much better off removing it from the compensation package.  It would be more respectful.  

You asked about the employer's offering.  You are getting feedback.  If you don't want it, tell people you no longer want feedback and walk away from the thread.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, what tools is a welder typically expected to buy for himself?   PPE? (jacket, gloves, helmet, etc.)?   Miscellaneous hand tools?

Obviously, 100 bucks doesn't buy jack shit worth of actual welders, etc....

It'll cover a Chinese helmet and maybe a chipping hammer or something.
View Quote

Screwdrivers and hammers and handtools.  Brand new replacement cost for everything that the employee is required to provide is $200.  Everything else is paid for.

I can tell a lot of you must be responsible for a ton of your needed equipment.  Now I understand the high wages.  More out of pocket from you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"and then quit because he can’t have painted nails on the job."

Why in the hell is painted nails on the job a problem for a Welding Co.? Is said employee working with the general public?

Roy
View Quote

Customers don't allow it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Which is why I tried to be nice about for the first 10 replies.  Totally understand how it would be confusing from the little info I wrote and stated that.  Seems the angry jobless ones can't stop harping on it even to the point of quoting my explanation with current starting rates and mentioning $13 again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your OP only mentioned $13 starting no experience. You didn't give any time reference on when that was, or a current starting rate if it's now higher than that.

You've got unrealistic expectations for our psychic abilities just like your wife's company has unrealistic expectations for their compensation.

Which is why I tried to be nice about for the first 10 replies.  Totally understand how it would be confusing from the little info I wrote and stated that.  Seems the angry jobless ones can't stop harping on it even to the point of quoting my explanation with current starting rates and mentioning $13 again.

People will keep showing up to this thread and responding to the OP before they dig through 10 pages, if they ever do.. why not edit it lol?

So what is the actual pay scale for your wife's company today?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm sure you'd love a little fingernail polish in your heart medicine.  Customer doesn't want the risk though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Industry isn't really that identifying. What industry does the contract welder support that does not allow him to have fingernail polish?

I've not worked in a ton mind you, but off the top of the head I've worked in power houses, boilers, r&d, pulp mills, paper mills, water treatment, commercial building projects, educational building projects, aerospace, food grade industrial projects, and probably some more I'm not thinking of.

I have yet to hear someone go "OH JESUS FINGERNAIL POLISH! FIRE THAT BRO!"

Clean room has clean room policies, one would assume if they are doing clean room welding they'd be in a tyvek with gloves under their gloves. I don't know many ladies being told they can't have nail polish working pharma or semi conductors (though I could be mistaken). THOUGH I'd also assume if your welders were doing this they'd be orbital welding and in which case where the heck are you finding bros to do that for $13/hr?

I think you are just trolling OP or the wife wears the pants and you are living through her war stories from work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep. You're offering just above minimum wage for skilled labor.  Benefits are meh as well - here's the US Gov per diem for Cleveland, home of Lincoln Welding, and they're skin flints:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57997/USG_Per_Diem_JPG-2149159.JPG
View Quote

Helpful.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
was the book a great seller?
View Quote

I shipped more than I care to remember.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OP's newest approach, if you make more money than he decides is enough, you are spoiled rotten.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember saying a few pages ago a lot of these places treat skilled labor with contempt…
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahhhh, medical instrument welding.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Perhaps there is a way to present to the customer that their expectations are fairly unrealistic, and becoming moreso in the current labor market.

Or just tell the guy to keep his gloves on.
View Quote

You know who would be the first to sue the shit of the customer if fingernail polish was in something they ingested.  People saying these expectations are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@FLchuck8

Why do you hate capitalism?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gas stations are paying $15/hr to do essentially nothing.  Unemployment was $18/hr.  And you expect qualified folks to take $13?

@FLchuck8

Why do you hate capitalism?
@C-4

I made $18/hr building coffins on C shift for morning delivery in 1997-9. My customers never complained.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#47]
My uncle is like 1 of 5 turbine welders and gets paid big bucks by power plants across the country to sit in a room all day until they have the blades ready for him. He welds for like 25 minutes and goes home.

It's more than that obviously but that's a TLDR version. Even entry level welding guys I believe make more than 15 an hour.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You know who would be the first to sue the shit of the customer if fingernail polish was in something they ingested.  People saying these expectations are ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps there is a way to present to the customer that their expectations are fairly unrealistic, and becoming moreso in the current labor market.

Or just tell the guy to keep his gloves on.

Haha .. worried about a bit of nail polish in what someone is "ingesting". Good lord do you know what occurs in plants that supply product related to the food industry?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The nonsense $13 an hour isnt an issue....even for the ones who can't read. The real problem is the absolute crap benefits. Per Diem at half rate, no true tool or boot allowance, minimal time off, crappy insurance........these are the things that draw applicants.
View Quote

Never heard of anyone asking for a boot allowance ever as a bargaining point.  4 weeks of vacation after a year...  I guess we live in totally different areas and probably won't connect on anything.  Where are you working and what vacation are you getting that 4 weeks after a year is "minimal."
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I’ll work for a month at that pay, if they pay me in cash daily, and if I’m allowed to smoke on the job, and if I don’t have to piss-test, and I’m allowed to use the words “fuck,” “faggot,” and “cunt.” Whenever I’m required to engage in discourse. I’ll give them a W-9 so long as the don’t require ID.
View Quote

You're hired and you'll fit in well.  PM me and I'll get you sorted out with her.
Page / 12
Top Top