BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice pistol OP that pistol retails for around $1400 where can you buy it nib for $839?
View Quote

OOS, but here:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/sig-sauer-p229-legion-compact-semi-auto-pistol
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
DON'T FEED THE BEAST! STARVE IT!

that is all.
View Quote

Yeah  - I would have gone the 80 route - FCA! -- but you can' t 80 a legion frame.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
So what would happen if our CA brothers created a personal list of WTB items in EE and one of us in a "free" state chose to sell them a slightly used one at our cost?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad that shit is all behind me now.  I still have friends behind the wall that deal with the same shit.

I could just hand him any gun I own if he lived in AZ.

I used to have an FFL in CA.  The laws are insane.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So what would happen if our CA brothers created a personal list of WTB items in EE and one of us in a "free" state chose to sell them a slightly used one at our cost?
View Quote

Legally?  Only "on roster" guns (ie old models from 20 years ago) can be transferred from an out of state FFL to a non LEO Californian by shipping to the buyers FFL.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:New Glocks cannot be sold in Mass to non-LEOs because of "consumer safety regulations". There is a brisk secondary market of NIB glocks for sale at $300 above MSRP as LEOs buy one and decide the next day they don't actually want it.
View Quote
Screw that.

S&W offers a Mass compliant SD9VE (with 10.5lb trigger.) Swap in an Apex spring kit, bingo; a S&W Glock with better sights and grip angle for half the price.

S&W makes a CA legal SD9VE as well.

I don't see Glock going out of their way to help gun owners caught behind enemy lines.

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a class system for gun owners. The rich(cops) get rare guns and can pass them onto the citizens (poors) for high prices.
Fuck CA
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How can I sell guns to CA residents? Can I move there and then sell all my guns then move back afterwards?
View Quote

Simple answer?  Yes.  Practical answer?  Not easily.

I'm pretty sure establishing residency from state to state is not a simple process.  Private party transfers are brokered through an FFL and the buyer must meet all California requirements.  I believe you'd also have to establish that you/seller were a resident of California with valid CDL/ID, Military ID and PCS orders (and perhaps other exceptions?).  I'd assume on returning you'd need/want to re-establish local residency.   The DMVs can probably tell you how to change DLs.  Impact on other things like insurance, taxes, vehicle licenses and registrations may also complicate things.

There are also limitations on quantities of some sorts of PPTs before you run afoul of being an unlicensed dealer, etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

did you sleep underground last week?  California successfully fought off the ammo background check law....then it freedom got squashed again a day later.  It's under review....but we still expect a much drawn out win.
View Quote

I tried sending my friend in Commifornia ammo a day late.(the 25th) Still haven’t heard back from Targetsports.  That’s exactly my point. If you “expected” all this and stayed you have different priorities than me.

You don’t know what it feels like to live free anymore.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]

tactical pussy?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Screw that.

S&W offers a Mass compliant SD9VE (with 10.5lb trigger.) Swap in an Apex spring kit when you get home, bingo a S&W Glock with a better grip angle for half the price.

S&W makes a CA legal SD9VE as well.

I don't see Glock going out of their way to help gun owners caught behind enemy lines.

View Quote

LMFAO
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#13]
My sympathies.

I remember when a smart guy would get the newspaper early in California to figure out which yard sales had guns and get there first.

I remember passing on $400 streetsweepers and Daewoo semi rifles at gun shows, cash out the door.

Just bought a handgun in a parking lot a couple weeks ago. Virginia’s going to the communists in two months, sadly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice pistola OP. Sorry for all the hoops and added expense just to exercise your rights in a limited fashion.

I used to be one of those "move to a free state" types, but as I get older I see that many of us are just an election or two away from going from free to behind enemy lines.

If there was no preemption law in Texas I can guarantee that the Austin Politburo would gladly deprive me of my rights.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]
$2K for a sig? HO LEE FUK!!!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I tried sending my friend in Commifornia ammo a day late.(the 25th) Still haven't heard back from Targetsports.  That's exactly my point. If you "expected" all this and stayed you have different priorities than me.

You don't know what it feels like to live free anymore.
View Quote

if nobody old enough to remember what Free CA was like stayed to fight, there would be no one to know the difference.  

I see it a lot in first time gun buyers...while they may be shocked and surprised by all the hoops they jump through for their first buy, they mistakenly assume it's either always been like that in CA or that it's also like that in the rest of the country.  It takes a while until they wake up to what's going on elsewhere.

Like I said earlier, I was born free.  Was shooting before I moved to CA, when CA was free.  And I've felt and fought every cut since I moved here 32 years ago.  Hopefully I'll live long enough - cough cough - to see it come full circle.

I didn't stop being an American when I drove across the state line.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That does sound like a loophole ripe for exploitation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you can buy and sell used pistols that aren't on the roster, it's just that the only ones allowed to buy new are LEO? So they control the importing of off roster pistols?

Correct.  Been that way long time now.  So much so that they're setting up stings to prosecute LEOs for selling for profit

That does sound like a loophole ripe for exploitation.

There were claims that someone on this site got pinched over that.

No idea if it was true.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Legally?  Only "on roster" guns (ie old models from 20 years ago) can be transferred from an out of state FFL to a non LEO Californian by shipping to the buyers FFL.  
View Quote

Or you meet the limited requirements for an intra-familial transfer.  Basically up/down grandparent/parent/child.  Not siblings, in-laws or cousins, etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

None of my regulars has been able to take home a new-to-them handgun since the middle of March
Things could always be worse. The process you have to go through sounds like no cakewalk.
But..you did get to take it home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No - it was awesome actually -  I mean, the drive sucked - an hour each way - but the Transfer went smooth as silk.  Seller recommended a local Pawn shop that he said took post-rona walk-ins, no appts needed.  Huh? Cool.  All the Burbank joints are appt. only, but I called the pawn shop to confirm, and they said yeah, come on down...  We were in - and - out in no time.  

Lucky for me, only essential traffic on the fwy.

None of my regulars has been able to take home a new-to-them handgun since the middle of March
Things could always be worse. The process you have to go through sounds like no cakewalk.
But..you did get to take it home.

I'm thinking this isn't quite what the framers had in mind when they suffixed on the "...shall not be infringed" phrase at the end.  Just a wild guess, mind you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice pistola OP. Sorry for all the hoops and added expense just to exercise your rights in a limited fashion.

I used to be one of those "move to a free state" types, but as I get older I see that many of us are just an election or two away from going from free to behind enemy lines.

If there was no preemption law in Texas I can guarantee that the Austin Politburo would gladly deprive me of my rights.
View Quote

You can tell China's influence on CA's gun policy...they're thinking generational.  Since I move here in the late 80's, it's gotten incrementally more complicated that now the current 'rona crop of 1st time buyers are really truly in need of help to get through the process.  it's daunting to newbs.

There's the whole thing with your DMV...if you have the REAL ID or the old DMV....  You also need a passport - and/or a utility bill - but not a mobile bill, only a land line -- and oh, do you remember the model# of your safe?  they need that too...

Oh - and if it's a PPT -- do you have the ORIGINAL lock that came with the pistol?  You don't?  No, you can't substitute your own -- CA law says it has to be original factory lock, -or- buy the FFL's $40 lock....no thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
$2K for a sig? HO LEE FUK!!!!

View Quote

I should probably change the title to "How CA made a $900 SIG into a $2K SIG"
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There were claims that someone on this site got pinched over that.

No idea if it was true.
View Quote

There were some in LASD that got pinched last month...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Or you meet the limited requirements for an intra-familial transfer.  Basically up/down grandparent/parent/child.  Not siblings, in-laws or cousins, etc.
View Quote

Yeah....that's not gonna happen for me.
Unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

if nobody old enough to remember what Free CA was like stayed to fight, there would be no one to know the difference.   

I see it a lot in first time gun buyers...while they may be shocked and surprised by all the hoops they jump through for their first buy, they mistakenly assume it's either always been like that in CA or that it's also like that in the rest of the country.  It takes a while until they wake up to what's going on elsewhere.

Like I said earlier, I was born free.  Was shooting before I moved to CA, when CA was free.  And I've felt and fought every cut since I moved here 32 years ago.  Hopefully I'll live long enough - cough cough - to see it come full circle.

I didn't stop being an American when I drove across the state line.
View Quote

You honestly have my support and sympathy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You honestly have my support and sympathy.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm thinking this isn't quite what the framers had in mind when they suffixed on the "...shall not be infringed" phrase at the end.  Just a wild guess, mind you.
View Quote

They would have been SSS by now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m happy I don’t live there anymore (born & raised) but am fearful that shit will be everywhere and there isn’t a thing we can do to stop it. Maybe prolong it but not stop it.

Sweet gun by the way
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Do you have plenty of ammo to shoot through it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
And after all that, your 229 still only holds 10 rounds, right?
View Quote

Yes, unless you obtained mags during Freedom Week in which case you're gtg with normal cap mags.  In CA you learn to plan ahead of anticipated tyranny.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do you have plenty of ammo to shoot through it?
View Quote

Name a color.  I have a press.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

Where's the threaded barrel?

View Quote

And the suppressor?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, unless you obtained mags during Freedom Week in which case you're gtg with normal cap mags.  In CA you learn to plan ahead of anticipated tyranny.
View Quote

damn straight you do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And the suppressor?
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Almost $2000!?!?!?

Ouch!

Also down with the government of California!
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Almost $2000!?!?!?

Ouch!

Also down with the government of California!
View Quote

and I'm not even done with it.  I have plans:

Surefire X400u
RDS -- going to try to find a Romeo cut slide 2nd hand and then go for the new Romeo 3, or maybe a different RDS....depends if I have to mill a blank 2nd slide or not....which might lead to --
New Sights
And..lately I've been feeling like cerakoting something OD Green...it might be this...dunno.

I'm also thinking about trying out one of those guide rods that doubles as a recoil reduction system from DPM.  Anyone ever try one?  Only $60...figured I'd give it a try:

Wrap it all up in a sweet custom kydex OWB from KT Mech
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#36]

I should probably change the title to "How CA made a $900 SIG into a $2K SIG" 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3BP:
$2K for a sig? HO LEE FUK!!!!

I should probably change the title to "How CA made a $900 SIG into a $2K SIG" 

Hell, we could just as easily make an NFA thread called “How the US made a $700 Rifle into a $24k Rifle”. There is no American in any state that can just smugly sit back and say this will never happen in his state. I’m in CA right now, but I move all the time: after living all over this country all I can say is that anti-gun shit is not regional, but city vs. country, and cities are just going to get bigger and swamp out political clout everywhere else. Without intense pressure from our minority (and we are a minority), all Americans, and all Americans after us, are going to lose their natural rights. Every democracy in the world has disarmed itself and without great judicial effort on our part, it would be folly to assume that disarming ourselves isn’t the natural path for us too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#37]
My ex wife lives in Oregon, I live in California. Turns out if she buys a pistol and decides she doesn't like it, she can give it to one of her children in California - like one of our sons.  Even if it's off roster. At that point, my son can decide he doesn't like it and sell me the gun.

Bunch of bullshit but it complies with the retarded laws.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Can you buy ammo with a C&R license?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#39]

I see it a lot in first time gun buyers...while they may be shocked and surprised by all the hoops they jump through for their first buy, they mistakenly assume it's either always been like that in CA or that it's also like that in the rest of the country.  It takes a while until they wake up to what's going on elsewhere.
View Quote

Same could be said of native-born NYS residents
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm happy to see this thread didn't devolve into everyone telling OP to fuck off and leave the state. I hope the pendulum swings hard the other way soon.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#41]
@OP

Were you required to have a “real ID” DL in lieu of the standard issue DL?...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Dude, you're the one choosing to pay the taxes to support said tyranny. My favorite landscapes in the world are in CA, but you don't see me choosing to live there. I refuse to support/comply/participate with the commies. Coming to a community near me.

Lame story, 3/10 for prose.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@OP

Were you required to have a "real ID" DL in lieu of the standard issue DL?...
View Quote
Negative.  I have an old school CADMV that expires next year.  By then I'll have already applied for and hopefully received the REAL.

I brought my CADMV , with passport as back up, and a DWP bill

Also I didn't  know you could @ the OP without putting the op's name.  cool.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dude, you're the one choosing to pay the taxes to support said tyranny. My favorite landscapes in the world are in CA, but you don't see me choosing to live there. I refuse to support/comply/participate with the commies. Coming to a community near me.

Lame story, 3/10 for prose.
View Quote
I support your decision to refuse.  Do you have a Legion229?
eta:  You'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Spartan:
So what would happen if our CA brothers created a personal list of WTB items in EE and one of us in a "free" state chose to sell them a slightly used one at our cost?
View Quote

IIRC, it would have to currently be on the roster of ‘approved’ handguns before the transferring FFL would be allowed to transfer it to a Cali resident. Not sure how much of a legal issue it could be if said FFL transferred a ‘non-approved’ pistol you one of us plebes?...
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:19:13 PM EDT
[#46]
If those aren't poll taxes, I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#47]
This will be Virginia in five years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If those aren't poll taxes, I don't know what is.
View Quote

this guy gets it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 07AMF:
This will be Virginia in five years.
View Quote

I don’t think lobby day got you 5 years.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Good-Shepherd:
Screw that.

S&W offers a Mass compliant SD9VE (with 10.5lb trigger.) Swap in an Apex spring kit, bingo; a S&W Glock with better sights and grip angle for half the price. 

S&W makes a CA legal SD9VE as well. 

I don't see Glock going out of their way to help gun owners caught behind enemy lines.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Good-Shepherd:
Originally Posted By beruitUSMC0351:New Glocks cannot be sold in Mass to non-LEOs because of "consumer safety regulations". There is a brisk secondary market of NIB glocks for sale at $300 above MSRP as LEOs buy one and decide the next day they don't actually want it.
Screw that.

S&W offers a Mass compliant SD9VE (with 10.5lb trigger.) Swap in an Apex spring kit, bingo; a S&W Glock with better sights and grip angle for half the price. 

S&W makes a CA legal SD9VE as well. 

I don't see Glock going out of their way to help gun owners caught behind enemy lines.

No? Always assumed that Glock continues to manufacture their gen3 pistols (basically) because of Cali...
Page / 6
Top Top