Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Better than being stuck in east Memphis.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My vehicle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like staying in a motel or staying in your vehicle?
My vehicle.

That’s Horrible.  You are delivering vehicles on a trailer?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I suppose I could go anywhere but it's really difficult to know where. I'm at the dealership-parked on their lot. It's a bitch getting around these very small side streets.
View Quote

I’m sure I would do the very same thing, but maybe in the future, find a way to avoid it if at all possible.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:09:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Console yourself with the fact that (perhaps) it's safer than South-Central.
Did you have to stay there in East LA?   Couldn't you have gone to a better place to overnight?
Anyway, best wishes with it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:20:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I just found this stray puppy. Is he a Blue Heeler? He needs his nails trimmed.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just found this stray puppy. Is he a Blue Heeler? He needs his nails trimmed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54009/1000012380-3104242.jpg
View Quote
Wow that looks like a badger!

I fell asleep
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:01:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:02:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Buck up Buckaroo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a story. I was trying a divorce and the judge had some emergency case so he went to another court room and the other lawyers left to make phone calls. So the husband wife and I were sitting in the courtroom waiting.

I represented the husband and the wife looked a me and said:
"We had a good time together before we got rich. I got my license so we could drive tractor trailers together. They used to recruit husband and wife teams. I couldn't drive in the cities off the highway, or maneuver around to unload, (husband did all that). But once we took the truck on the highway we would switch and I could drive, so he could sleep. We would take turns driving and sleeping.

One day he pulled over and woke me up so we could switch and he fell asleep before I could start driving. I noticed a sign for the next town and we were barely past the last town I remembered.

I woke up (husband) and yelled "You ain't been driving! After I fell asleep you pulled over and slept too, drove a ways then woke me up like you'd been doing all the driving. You tricked me into doing all the highway driving on this trip!" and he laughed and said " not just this trip"

The husband just grinned. Must've taken them forever to finish a job when he did that.

View Quote
Oh man that's unreal. When I began driving my husband was injured and he did all the work and I got paid. It was way more fun then! I didn't mind camping urbanally with him either. But now it's on me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Buck up Buckaroo.
View Quote
I'm managing-I just don't like it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Do you like cats? Check out the Walter Santi channel. HOURS of videos from his home which is a cat sanctuary in Turkiye.
Be safe.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Can you get away with idling or that banned?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#15]
im guessing you run a parking lot and it's a pain getting that into some dealerships. I learned awhile back that if you curtain the windows they generally don't eff with you. keep that piece handy in case.

and be Glad you're not in the laredo flyj buying ice cause your fridge quit.

safe trips

a few decades ago I spent a weekend in Colton
with a co-driver and they used to have a nice topless
bar useless info I know. I guess it's gotten alot sketchier

if you have some rope you can pass it through the door handles and make your doors impossible to easily open. they have to bust glass and cut it.
while they're doing that you can go to work with a weapon on em. I run a volvo vnl760 and it's very difficult
to get in if you can't open a door
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not sure. I don't idle though. It isn't cold enough to need it. It's been a pretty quiet night. There's a lot of prostitutes, and drug dealers two blocks over. I can watch them from my truck. They didn't seem to notice me. Thankfully the manufacturer (whom I am contracted with) is going to pay me an hourly rate. It wasn't worth the stress but it is nice to be backed up (usually the manufacturer tells me to FOD.)
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:32:52 AM EDT
[#17]
In on page 3 and hope deQueen is sleeping safe & sound!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you drop the trailer and go grab a room and something to eat? Just go back in the morning and grab it. If the lot you’re in is gated and locked there’s not much to worry about. Even if it isn’t you’ll be fine I’m sure. Understandably uncomfortable and worried but you’ll be fine.

FWIW I’ve spent many nights in various parts of LA when I drove OTR. Including parked under a streetlight in Compton one night.
View Quote

We had to post in pretty seedy areas while working EMS in LA county.  Always had pepper spray (wasn't a gun guy then).

OP, next time just crash with one of the local SoCal guys!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In on page 3 and hope deQueen is sleeping safe & sound!
View Quote
I got about 4 hours of sleep. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and I can drop and head back to Nevada.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#21]
have u tried flying to rainbow and blm fags flags for safety?

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#22]
A guy walks into a bar and says, "I just heard a great redneck joke!" A HUGE guy stands up off a barstool and says, "Just a minute, buddy. Before you tell that joke, I'm Jake. I'm six-three and weigh two-eighty, all muscle. And I'm a redneck. That guy over there is a professional wrestler, and he's a redneck. And the guy behind the bar has a pistol next to the cash register and he's a redneck, too. Now, you really want to tell that joke?" And the fellow thinks and says, "Nah. I don't want to have to explain it three different times."
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Resemblance?

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A guy walks into a bar and says, "I just heard a great redneck joke!" A HUGE guy stands up off a barstool and says, "Just a minute, buddy. Before you tell that joke, I'm Jake. I'm six-three and weigh two-eighty, all muscle. And I'm a redneck. That guy over there is a professional wrestler, and he's a redneck. And the guy behind the bar has a pistol next to the cash register and he's a redneck, too. Now, you really want to tell that joke?" And the fellow thinks and says, "Nah. I don't want to have to explain it three different times."
View Quote
Lol I heard the same joke except for blondes!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Here's a 5 hour documentary on Yugoslavia Civil War:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVUg-VoPAeA

Throw in some Red Letter Media, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA

View Quote

That should cheer her up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm at an RV dealership in Colten. It's fairly quiet but extremely seedy all around the dealership. There's no easy way to pull this trailer out of the parking lot or i would go get something to eat and look for a safer camping spot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?  I lived near Olympic/Atlantic at my grandmother's house.
I'm at an RV dealership in Colten. It's fairly quiet but extremely seedy all around the dealership. There's no easy way to pull this trailer out of the parking lot or i would go get something to eat and look for a safer camping spot.

There is a pretty good Holiday Inn Express with big rig parking in Colton.  Lot's of good Mexican food in the area.  Truthfully I never thought Colton was that bad.  Of course I am a day late and a dollar short here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
/r/aww
View Quote
Aww
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File
this is all I got Queen
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm not sure. I don't idle though. It isn't cold enough to need it. It's been a pretty quiet night. There's a lot of prostitutes, and drug dealers two blocks over. I can watch them from my truck. They didn't seem to notice me. Thankfully the manufacturer (whom I am contracted with) is going to pay me an hourly rate. It wasn't worth the stress but it is nice to be backed up (usually the manufacturer tells me to FOD.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nice to be not cold at least.

Better to be inconvenienced and on the clock over irritated and out cash
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Finally got my trailer dropped and I'm on my way home. Hanging out in Winnemucca NV. Town has r changed much since I was a kid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Nice to see you made it out of there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:22:03 AM EDT
[#33]
If you see a man (in black) totin' his pack on a dusty road, ask him if he's ever seen a road with so much dust and sand...
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Finally got my trailer dropped and I'm on my way home. Hanging out in Winnemucca NV. Town has r changed much since I was a kid.
View Quote

It doesn't change much, been here 43 years
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Why not just drive somewhere else and come back tomorrow?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is tomorrow, and she drove somewhere else!
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the reason I spent the night in a place that was unsafe was because it would have probably damaged the trailer for me to move it.  The lot I pulled into was situated in a very unfriendly way for a truck and trailer.  I would have needed help backing around obstacles which no one would help me do.  I thought of unhooking and leaving but I knew ultimately I would have stressed all night over the trailer - even if I was physically safer.  I felt that I was able to protect myself enough that it was best to just stay put.

With that said, I'm really wanting to quit my job.  I absolutely hate being put in these situations.  The dealership, dinked me around and according to my contract if they do so I'm suppose to be compensated for any time after two hours. (I was there 18 hours.). My company won't back me up (they don't care, they get paid before I get paid so they would "make less money" if they fought it.)  The only thing holding me back is that I do make money in the summer delivering trailers.  I make about the same amount teaching - though I don't teach in the summer.  It's a tough decision.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can you park at the police station? At least if you can't sleep, the arfcom Army will keep you company.
View Quote

Is she parks at the police station, wont they shoot her new puppy that the other female suggested she get?
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFUFw1GH6ic
How bad could it be?  Looks like a lotta fun, actually!
View Quote

Came here to post that
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#41]
R.E.M. - Man On The Moon (Official HD Music Video)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top