Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well if there was nothing there either you were malfunctioning or the mirror was....
View Quote

And I accept that. But so far no indication of either and not ready to buy a proton pack.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
You didn't say OP, are you a 30ish female retro dresser?

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ghosts didn’t necessarily die in the house, someone who lived there died someone other than the home and maybe their best memories were in the house so they go back and live there.

Or

It was a moment in time captured in a rift or different dimension

View Quote

In the multiverse someone else lives in that house now,

Or maybe OP was being remote viewed.   And he caught a glimpse of the viewer.
Why?   Maybe they got their coordinates messed upmand instead of looking at something interesting they peeped into OPs home.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a ghostly conspiracy theory... just a thought... whenever you hear about hauntings, it's all too often a "little girl" ghost, a child's ghost... I say that it's really a demonic entity... people are willing to pay attention, accept, even be compassionate to the ghost of a little girl... that allows the entity to gain the trust of the "subject" of the haunting... I believe the annabelle story started out that way..
View Quote

Interesting take on things
I was thinking it was the Scare-letta story
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And I accept that. But so far no indication of either and not ready to buy a proton pack.
View Quote

There doesn't have to be an indication of your brain having a brief malfunction?  

I've seen things that weren't there many times. Always in low lighting and most likely my brain trying to make sense of something incorrectly.

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe it’s a ghost of a girl that was killed and buried under/ in your slab when your house was built.
View Quote

Why would it have to be death caused by violence?
OP said he had LEO friends look up the location for that.   But what if there was a former resident whio died in a car or other accident?  Or illness?  Maybe she died at home, or not, not sure if it always matters.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#7]
OP you need some sleep.  I've had this experience, halucinating humanoid figures from lack of sleep.  It was all day at work one time.  Some people say "shadow figures" but it's not ghosts, just a halucination, like dreaming while awake.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Einstein believed that there was actually no such thing as time, that it was a "stubbornly persistent illusion."

In essense, he believed (as do I), that what we think of as "past, present, and future" actually exist side by side, simultaneously.

Honestly, I sometimes think little "slips" can occur - where you might perceive the past and vice versa (i.e., a person from the past might perceive you).

And then the universe experiences a "404" type error and "this program has performed an illegal operation and must be shut down" pops up.

I'm serious.
View Quote

This is where I'm at.  "Ghosts" are always doing random daily shit and dressed for a specific time period.  The time slip theory makes a lot more sense than "when you die, you resume your daily tasks in your typical daily attire."
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sounds like some swamp gas gave you a brief hallucination. Anyway, interesting story. I don't believe in ghosts either because they don't exist.
View Quote

Nobody can know for certain what "doesn't exist", you can only know what you haven't seen.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So first, not my type, almost 70s hippyish so really not my type.

And for the sake of argument if it is a demon / evil spirit or along those lines, very counter productive. Right now I'm pretty much a secular non believer but not enough to qualify as an atheist (requires evidence of non existence) so anything that provided accepting evidence of an afterlife such as ghosts would almost certainly move me towards religion and acceptance of things I didn't currently have sufficient evidence for.
View Quote

God’s way of helping you believe maybe?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I live in a haunted house. Yes, I know a lot of GD will come up with a bunch of reasons to say I am wrong. Save it, I know what goes on here and multiple people have experienced it. It doesn't bother me and if anything it can be funny at times.

OP don't tell others that may come into the house what you have seen. That way if they have an experience you didn't bias them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any history of mental illnesses in your side of the family such as schizophrenia, psychosis or bipolar disorder?
View Quote

Are you Alice, currently menstruating?  

Ghostbusters - Alice the Librarian

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nobody can know for certain what "doesn't exist", you can only know what you haven't seen.
View Quote

So we have to disprove all made up things to know for certain?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Move the mirror or better yet get rid of it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Mentioned my story before. Saw what appeared to be a middle aged woman, small child on the side of an old county road here in KY years ago. They were dressed in attire that was looked pre WW 2 (30’s maybe). Turned car around and gone. Since then, nothing out of the ordinary.

However, when I worked on the ICU step down unit (I’m a VA RN), I can remember a few dying vets claiming to see family that had long departed.  One vet exclaimed, “it’s beautiful” an hour or so before dying. Not scary at all, but reassuring that there’s either an afterlife or that the final moments of life are peaceful.

Not sure I believe, but I saw what I saw and never could explain it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I could go along with the mind playing tricks on me right up until the chick looked up at me. That shit would creep me out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Your eyes saw whatever reflections and your brain put it together to make sense of it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Any history of mental illnesses in your side of the family such as schizophrenia, psychosis or bipolar disorder?
View Quote

Are you menstruating right now?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#19]
This is called ADC, After Death Communication.

There are several types, most I don't put any stock in like see a buttefly, find a penny, lights flickering or find a feather etc. I have outside cats and find feathers all the time and I don't know THAT many dead people.

I have had two experiences that I can't explain, one visual (1991) and one auditory (2020). They both occurred days before I knew the person was dead.

University of Virginia has a department dedicated to the study of such things.

Funny thing is most people have some sort of religious affiliation. Most religious texts document the occurrance of such events.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#20]

JFC. That was retarded.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#21]
It’s weird how when you’re camping, your campsite is always surrounded by axe murders and samsquatches.  As soon as the sun comes out in the morning they all turn back into trees.  

As I get older I keep seeing glimpses of movement in my peripheral vision.  Eye doctor says nothing’s abnormal.  I know it’s my brain and eyes fucking with me.  There’s also many people that don’t accept that kind of stuff and double down on the “I know what I saw” position.  If there weren’t those types of people we’d have no ghost or bigfoot stories.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’ve had 3 different neighbors all see the same little girl in a white dress.

Interesting thing is those neighbors didn’t even all know each other so it adds a helluva lot of validity to what they’re saying they saw.

View Quote

My old best buds family lived in a giant of an old house in the downtown area. Supposedly was some sort of hospital once upon a time. Large family, 10 people total. Several of them attested to seeing the same spirits in their house.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You know the ARFCOM approved method for exorcising a ghost right?
View Quote

Mag dump. Duh
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I lived in a house for 15 years that had a ghost.  We called it the "Apparition".  Everyone who spent any amount of time in the house either saw it or felt it.

One day we had some Honduran guys there to replace some carpet.  My wife heard some excited discussion between them and when she went to check.  The one who spoke English asked if we had a dog.  She told them we do not have a dog.  They said they saw something and she told them "Oh, you must have seen the apparition".  They didn't understand the word apparition so she said "ghost".

Those guys freaked the fuck out!  I have never seen laborers work so fast.  They finished the carpet and took off without saying anything.  

We got used to living with the "apparition" after a while.  He was a benevolent soul.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I believe you are experiencing a schizophrenic episode, OP. Please forfeit all guns and ammo to me or I will report this to my colleagues at the BATF-E.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Have seen a few spirits in my life. One was with my aunt and mother, spirit was standing along side the road dressed in clothing from the 1910-20’s era open lawns both sides of the road and he just disappeared.
        The last time was at an urgent care I worked at and I know we had zero deaths there because I helped open the facility. We would have a mist that would hang in the hallway and would disappear if you walked towards it. We had a doctor that thought we were bullshitting him until we were setting at our stations and he said ‘what is that’ it was a gray mass floating in the corner and then it shot across to the other corner and then it was gone. I said it was the spirit we have been telling you about.
         Who knows what could have been there before.this area was depreciation lands after the war of independence
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#28]
I personally have never seen a ghost, but I have been near them. Before I started working as an outpatient nurse, I worked night shift at a hospital. People die all the time. Every once in awhile a patient who would comment on seeing someone in their room. Or call lights and chair alarms would go off in empty rooms. Once a patient even told me about the grinning couple standing next to me who didn’t have any legs.

I posted a few of these experiences in the Creepy Thread.

So I believe you saw something.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, that's a known rendering glitch. Sometimes mirrors display something that was supposed to be rendered in a different mirror. I think the devs are supposed to patch it in release v1.2024.

Quoted:

My hang up on the time thing is that we are also in a space.  (No, I don't want to get into babble about "but time IS space").  So even if you had a magic dial the turned time forward or backward, we've been hurtling through space at 60,000 mph ever since the event/time one is trying to locate.

Compared to ANY fixed point, whether it's the sun or the earth's core, nothing is in the same spot that it was prior.  Continental drift alone would disallow something/someone from appearing in the same chair 10 years later.

So, if spirits are tethered to something, it has to be a supernatural explanation, not an advanced physics one.  If you had a time machine, you'd have to predict where the earth was at the exact moment you are jumping to.  Be good at math, because we're juking at 30km per second at any given moment.
View Quote

Forgetting some math here. The sun is also scooting along at a breezy 450,000mph around the Milky Way, which is also just straight bookin' it at 1,300,000mph through space.

In all seriousness, who knows what you saw OP. I've personally experienced things I legitimately can't explain, enough things that I've had no fewer than three people arrive at the conclusion that something has attached itself to me. Makes sense to me, I'm a pretty cool fella
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The mirror is a portal.

Try walking through it... but you must do it with great confidence, without hesitation.

Please film it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Doesn’t matter what you believe there’s things in this world that can’t be explained.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#32]
It may have already been asked and I missed it, but can you set a camera up to record in that area for a few days? It may not do any good, but it shouldn't cause any harm either.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Talking about ghosts my girlfriend and I went to the Birdcage theater in Tombstone last week. We both captured photos of very strange glowing things. 13 in total!
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#34]
She was probably looking for her cat. Cats be sneaky.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Ghosts don't make sense to me. They're always in some old house and not some pimped out MTV cribs style house. And if they haunt the places where they died, wouldn't hospitals be overrun with them given the sheer numbers?  Wouldn't we see them all over the roads given how many accidents there are?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#36]
There is a famous experiment where people are given difficult counting jobs to do and in the middle of the scene where they are keeping track of the people and counting, a person in a gorilla suit walks though the experiment.  About 1/2 the people doing the counting notice it and 1/2 don’t.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/but-did-you-see-the-gorilla-the-problem-with-inattentional-blindness-17339778/

Point being, if you can miss seeing something like this, you can probably see what is not there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ghosts don't make sense to me. They're always in some old house and not some pimped out MTV cribs style house. And if they haunt the places where they died, wouldn't hospitals be overrun with them given the sheer numbers?  Wouldn't we see them all over the roads given how many accidents there are?
View Quote

If Poltergiests can throw cups off tables, why can't they make me coffee in return for publicity? If they just want to terrorize and see the world burn, why don't they start some ACTUAL fires?

If ghosts are real, they can see into boardrooms and see backroom deals and warn us of what's coming. But they don't.

If ghosts are real, they are fucking retarded. Just appearing to terrorize people, but again, not really terrorizing people. It's so half hearted. Almost like they're made up.

Because they are made up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say you have to disprove anything.  Why do you jump to telling someone they're wrong just because they've experienced something you have not?

People see shit and have forever.  "They don't exist" is a bold statement.  "I don't believe in them" would be more accurate.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I didn't say you have to disprove anything.  Why do you jump to telling someone they're wrong just because they've experienced something you have not?

People see shit and have forever.  "They don't exist" is a bold statement.  "I don't believe in them" would be more accurate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't exist. And that's perfectly accurate and not even bold, given the proliferation of people (>8billion) and objective fact gathering tools such as cell phone cameras.

That said, I also believe that people who say they have seen ghosts are telling the truth. I believe that they believe. I just don't believe that conclusions are warranted that fall outside the realm of reasonable cross examination.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like a great opportunity to get some ghost booty.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ghosts are real. Your lack of belief in them doesn't make them any less real.
View Quote

good buddy's parents house has 3 of them, old farm house.  shits real friend, hopefully she is the peaceful type,
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Why would it have to be death caused by violence?
OP said he had LEO friends look up the location for that.   But what if there was a former resident whio died in a car or other accident?  Or illness?  Maybe she died at home, or not, not sure if it always matters.
View Quote

I’m no expert, It has  just been my understanding that hauntings come from souls that aren’t at rest. A police inquiry into the history of a property is not going to dig up a death that was never reported. Someone possibly killed offsite and brought to the site to dispose of the body, maybe killed by someone building the house.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

99.9% certain nobody did. Bought from original owner who built it. Small town with no reports of missing persons let alone murders. Several local family members actually ended up knowing the person I bought the house from when they learned which one I bought. I have a cousin who worked with the owner for decades in town. I know more than a few people who knew his daughters, both of whom are still alive.

Also the original owners was a church type, no way he'd have lived here for 40 years of somebody died here or if he ever saw anything like a ghost.
View Quote

People lie
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Did not really think ghosts were real until my cat and I saw one at the same time.
Just as I saw it, he turned his head and reacted to it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it doesn't believe in you,shadow people....muahahaha

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They don't exist. And that's perfectly accurate and not even bold, given the proliferation of people (>8billion) and objective fact gathering tools such as cell phone cameras.

That said, I also believe that people who say they have seen ghosts are telling the truth. I believe that they believe. I just don't believe that conclusions are warranted that fall outside the realm of reasonable cross examination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, because when you see something for a single second, you have time to pull out your phone and take a pic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's the punchline?

There is now?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, anybody can see that that mirror is a 'haunted mirror' and I would certainly get rid of it ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised at anything you might see in it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#49]
The dead know nothing but created spirits who are former fallen angels who were firstly created by God still have their spirit powers imho and them to for deception purposes. ymmy
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It may have already been asked and I missed it, but can you set a camera up to record in that area for a few days? It may not do any good, but it shouldn't cause any harm either.
View Quote

My wife will ask "why did you set up a camera downstairs?" and then it will be a problem.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top