Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/1/2022 8:34:09 PM EDT
Evidently, 3000 LARPers play Army, in Germany.

Seems the entire European world and beyond partake in it.

Kinda looks like a LOT of fun and can certainly fit in with solid training.

I've been doing a lot of researching airsoft for few good months, OK, about 9 of them.
Looks like a lot of valuable learning while playing.

If The Walking Dead were to ever become a reality, how these folks play maybe fit in with reality.

3000 Players - Biggest Milsim in Germany
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Better than sitting on the couch saying muh tactics....
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Just spent over a thousand getting two of my boys into it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it was right around the time covid was hitting and the ammoe issue had slowed USPSA and 3 Gun matches/participation, that I picked up a Taran Tactical Combat Master airsoft pistol.
It is a great fill in for practicing in the back yard.  It feels a LOT like the real thing, just a wee less recoil and noise.
Weight, black goo on your hands, etc.. I would rate it about a 8 of 10 for realism.

Well, the bug got me and I am about $1200 poorer this week.

Got an M27 on the way with another 30 round mag for the Combat Master and should have an M4 in the morning.
about 6 mags with 100 rd capacity each.
I went with the electric over the HPA (gas tank driven) just because of the money.
Shot a couple of the HPA rifles as they say they are closer to the real deal. Meh, not really and did not seem to be worth the added 40%.
Everything has real feel, weight, and function (excluding firing).
Thankfully the only gear I really needed was pain protection, so I got a full helmet with wire mesh guards.
I have been shot with airsoft and it does not tickle. I could imagine getting popped on the side of the face. Fuck that.

I will probably round up another hydration system.... gets a bit hot in Texas.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to Ukraine and play the real thing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You can take your negativity right on out cheer!

I have no desire to put my life on the line for a bunch of fucking commies.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I was into it big for a while.  It's fun!

My boy is just getting into it.  He was invited to a gathering this weekend and came home with an M4 AEG which I promptly set up with a red dot,  fore grip and weapon light for him.  

If I still had my Well,  Tokyo Marui and Classic army guns still I would have set him up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I have a box of goodies due in this week.
UPS has it here in DFW, so maybe today or tomorrow.

having been hit with one of these lil 6mm BBs, I was not going to go out there this weekend without face protection.
The welts on the body are one thing, but getting bb'ed in the melon just does not seem like fun, plus it would allow the snipers to take headshots on me.
I dont want to deny them any fun

Rounded up a bunch of stuff out of my "parts' boxes and now have a nice little CQB AR.
Slapped a Strike Fire II on this, my dickmod sling points work, so the Blueforce sling is GTG.

Now I just need working mags for the pistol.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
it doesnt surprise me that there is a lot of popularity where they dont get to play with real guns as easily.

I never got into it, but if my son ends up going that route, i will gladly trick out his gear
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#9]
My son plays it occasionally, covid lockdowns hurt it where he lives.

He did pick up a VERY realistic M240 F/A that is so real you'd be hard pressed to tell it isn't by look or weight. I think he said you can crank it up to a couple thousand [maybe 3?] BB's per minute and you can adjust the velocity also.

I almost one for tree rats and keeping the deer out of the garden.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got a VFC BCM MCMR and threw in a real AR cabinet buffer, Snappy Boi buffer spring, real AR buffer tube, and some other AR small parts for better feel and finish.

With 150psi no silicone Swiss Arms green gas I'm getting recoil that is stronger than some mid length ARs I have.

Its fucking awesome.

If anyone wants maximum realism and good quality without spending over a grand, you cannot beat the VFC BCM MCMR. It is their latest and greatest.

GBBR Heavy Recoil discord is where it's at for gas gun (best training stimulant) information, help, and discussion.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just got a VFC BCM MCMR and threw in a real AR cabinet buffer, Snappy Boi buffer spring, real AR buffer tube, and some other AR small parts for better feel and finish.

With 150psi no silicone Swiss Arms green gas I'm getting recoil that is stronger than some mid length ARs I have.

Its fucking awesome.

If anyone wants maximum realism and good quality without spending over a grand, you cannot beat the VFC BCM MCMR. It is their latest and greatest.

GBBR Heavy Recoil discord is where it's at for gas gun (best training stimulant) information, help, and discussion.
View Quote

That's like a $1200 airsoft gun after upgrades and a quality optic.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My son plays it occasionally, covid lockdowns hurt it where he lives.

He did pick up a VERY realistic M240 F/A that is so real you'd be hard pressed to tell it isn't by look or weight. I think he said you can crank it up to a couple thousand [maybe 3?] BB's per minute and you can adjust the velocity also.

I almost one for tree rats and keeping the deer out of the garden.
View Quote

Abandoned Factory VFC MK48 Airsoft AEG Gameplay - Best Stock LMG Out Of The Box?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go away; perhaps to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll go play maybe once or twice a year.

It is a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its fucking awesome.

Not really, $580 MSRP. It really doesn't need any material upgrades. I threw a spare LPK I had into it and the spring was $15.

The VFC M733 is about as up to date as this one and goes for $380 right now, if you want a HEAT or Blood Diamond xm177 type build.

The unavoidable cost is magazines, if you want to actually play with it and not just plink one mag.

Its really nice to be able to walk out and shoot regardless of where you are and time of day.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not really, $580 MSRP. It really doesn't need any material upgrades. I threw a spare LPK I had into it and the spring was $15.

The VFC M733 is about as up to date as this one and goes for $380 right now, if you want a HEAT or Blood Diamond xm177 type build.

The unavoidable cost is magazines, if you want to actually play with it and not just plink one mag.

Its really nice to be able to walk out and shoot regardless of where you are and time of day.
View Quote

$500 plus a light and optic and mount to match your "real steel" setup is $1200.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I got into it in March of 2021. Its a good reality check on how your gear is set up and how long you can realistically run it.  

Playing a 2 day match at Ft. Hood's mout site ended up being my motivation for upgrading from a PVS14 to a DTNVS. I've upgraded a lot of my other real stuff based on some experiences in airsoft over the last year plus. Also got back into the gym. Some of that is due to airsoft.

I never did simunitions under NVGs in the military. Ran a night game a few weeks ago. Force on Force with NVGs isn't something easily simulated outside of the military.

I might get ragged on but IDGAF.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Evidently, 3000 LARPers play Army, in Germany.
View Quote
Hmmmm, Germans training under the guise of recreation.

Bet that makes the French nervous.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm glad it exists but no way I could justify the cost. I'll stick with Nerf Rivals.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

$500 plus a light and optic and mount to match your "real steel" setup is $1200.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, it's airsoft, I'm not putting RS optics and lights on a gun that may get its lens blown out. Additionally, the accuracy of airsoft BBs doesn't warrant real optics IMO. I understand the guys in Europe and Asia that spend the money on RS optics cause they can't own real guns and want to flex.

Spent $70 on a Aimpoint with UNITY mount, clarity and brightness is better than many Holosun and Primary optics I have, and $70 on a repro M640DF that I can't distinguish from my real one.

Almost current build. People spend more on their 10th PSA special and random Amazon deal of the week that never gets used.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I got into it in March of 2021. Its a good reality check on how your gear is set up and how long you can realistically run it.  

Playing a 2 day match at Ft. Hood's mout site ended up being my motivation for upgrading from a PVS14 to a DTNVS. I've upgraded a lot of my other real stuff based on some experiences in airsoft over the last year plus. Also got back into the gym. Some of that is due to airsoft.

I never did simunitions under NVGs in the military. Ran a night game a few weeks ago. Force on Force with NVGs isn't something easily simulated outside of the military.

I might get ragged on but IDGAF.
View Quote

I have seen the videos from the Ft. Hood "mission".

I may want to play that this year.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#24]
The night portion of that event was the best advertisement for passive aiming with NVG possible. There were IR lasers everywhere in the city portion of the site, at least for the first 20 minutes. Slowly people realized they needed to stop using them. I had no idea how pervasive NVGs were up until that point. Thought I was flexing with a PVS14, nope. Out of a 300 person field, about 75 people had them. I think that rate has only gone up. I got 4 of my buddies to buy NVGs since then.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Airsoft used to be way way bigger 10 to 15 years ago. The hobby's declined a lot since.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I haven't gone out in about 8 years, but I used to travel all over sponsoring big events.

Airsoft + NV + Helicopter

"LIGHTS OUT" BROKEN HOME III - PART 3

RIP Chopper...

In Memoriam of Chuck "Chopper" Dixon

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#27]
It's always fun taking my gucci gear out into the sweltering summer heat and seeing how long I can go constantly moving and shooting in a plate carrier before suffering from heat exhaustion.

Helps force you to think about what is needed to stay in the fight.

Also it's an incredible functional workout. 6 straight hours of running, jumping, diving with my mk48 mod 0 replica + gear beats the hell out of relatively hum drum home workout sessions.

US airsoft events have some pretty cool locales. Below, one of my favorite airsoft youtubers.

U.S. “Special Operation” Soldier’s Try Airsoft & DESTROY Everyone!
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I've posted this before.  Here is my son at 878 Airsoft.

This is before his new rifle. He was using my wife's old Tokyo Mauri that's like 17 years old.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#29]
It provides real world lessons minus the ability to shoot through walls etc.

The army tries to use MILES for this type of training but I think airsoft is much better for training value.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Paintball with realistic guns.

WGAF what other think.  If you want to have fun, go have have fun.  Forget about the 400lb asshole living in squalor saying it's dumb.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#31]
the places that cannot easily get guns or get them at all. its huge.  Japan super popular too.   They try to do missions all kinds of stuff.

Seen some videos of city fight. one even had a apc. not sure where they all happen.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Didn’t we just have this thread about Garand Thumb’s video
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#33]
My son and all his buddies are into airsoft. Those things can sure leave a whelp.  It's alot of fun, but my son pointed out to me that's he's the only one that has a real Ar15. There is an indoor place that they all go to,they go almost every weekend. His buddy that is over here today brought his, full auto is pretty fun.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My son and all his buddies are into airsoft. Those things can sure leave a whelp.  It's alot of fun, but my son pointed out to me that's he's the only one that has a real Ar15. There is an indoor place that they all go to,they go almost every weekend. His buddy that is over here today brought his, full auto is pretty fun.
View Quote

There is a reason airsofters wear long sleeved wear and long pants that tend to be pretty thick [like BDU's] Camo sure, to keep from looking like the main course at an everglades skeeter convention, absolutely. They also tend to have different velocity levels depending on if you are using single shot, semi, and F/A with the faster firing one's having lower velocities. There is still a max velocity though. Indoors play is lower still as it tends to be closer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife bought me a 19x pistol for Christmas. I shoot it in my backyard a lot, using all my CCW holsters.

I want to get rifle and actually go play with these kids lol. Looks like a blast.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#36]
I used to be into it, and we had a bunch of guys as a team. Now that we're older we just shoot real steel, but it was a blast.

Couple of years ago I was dating a girl with 2 kids 10 and 13, they wanted to get into airsoft. The older one was a pita, always picking on his younger brother. I bought us all airsoft rifles and the 4 of us had a few games. I would take the younger boy with me against his mom and brother. Needless to say the kid got his payback on his older brother as I set him up multiple times for a "kill".
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I tried it a few times when I was younger but the rural field had a bunch of cheaters and I wasn't part of their club.

Apparently if you know the owner of the venue or the refs you don't have to call out when you get hit.  Kind of soured me on the sport.

This new wave of mil-sim stuff looks pretty awesome though.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or playing Call of Duty.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Every one of those guys would shit a brick if they learned you owned a real gun lol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Where in dfw you play op?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I used to play it a lot. It's good for close quarters tactics.

I went and played some on Sunday, slapped a PA 3x microprism on one to see how it holds up up close and personal on live targets.

I was pleased.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Every one of those guys would shit a brick if they learned you owned a real gun lol.
View Quote
You would be surprised. The Canadian guys seem pretty pro gun and are unhappy about what's going on in their country, and the Europeans it runs the gamut. Like in Germany, armed self defense is not really permitted to some of them feel real guns are just larping. Other countries they are concerned about the Russian bear or are aware they could be put into territorial defense forces in the future.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Good time and can be a solid cardio workout.
Got the Tokyo marui next gen for the 30 round mags and bolt hold to work on them mag changes
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I can't believe I made in before the Costa gif with him in Japan.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Good time and can be a solid cardio workout.
Got the Tokyo marui next gen for the 30 round mags and bolt hold to work on them mag changes
View Quote
TM is very quality for someone that wants it to work great out of the box and lots of aftermarket support.

I went VFC cause it can use the most real AR parts so aftermarket was nbd
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My wife bought me a 19x pistol for Christmas. I shoot it in my backyard a lot, using all my CCW holsters.

I want to get rifle and actually go play with these kids lol. Looks like a blast.
View Quote
Just don't burn anyones patch
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#47]
It's growing in popularity in Europe. There are the 'skirmishers' who basically treat it like paintball and hose each other wherever possible. Then there are the 'milsim' crowd who take it more seriously, correct capacity magazines for the guns, realistic tactics and comms ,etc. Actually favoured by some serving military and LEO to supplement their inadequate training.

I haven't tried either as I'm more an IPSC type shooter. During the lockdowns I (already had) a 1911 derived gbb pistol that I practiced with. I also purchased a gbb colt M4 to be able to continue to practice mini rifle. I think it helps..

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Where in dfw you play op?
View Quote

No where yet.... well I shoot the trees, shed, coolers and whatever else wanders into my backyard.

D14 is about 14 miles north of me, so I will play there this weekend.

I get to be the n00b.

There are two bigger ones south. One near Waxahatchie and one in Ft. Worth.

I think it will be more fun now that the targets are shooting back and if I see a kid with any rainbow shit on, I am going full auto on him/her/she/shim/shit
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#49]
My kids is starting to get into the airsoft,  Is there some good references for where to look to buy and get info on? any specific youtube channels that give the better reviews ?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#50]
The D14 isn’t too far for me. Looks like a lot of fun. I need to get into this. Just have no friends that are into it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top