Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Like the dudes that STILL use the same yahoo email they were using in '97.

"Why do I get sooo much spam?"

LoL
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel you OP..

Just a few days before Christmas some cock sucking faggot from Vietnam hacked my email and got access to a bunch of shit and in the process, nuked my personal Facebook page.  Not that I was on it much, but updated it with pictures of the kids and kept in touch with many people.  Biggest loss was 20 years of photos, memories, posts, etc - even more so, posts and memories from/with my late wife  17 emails to every division of support at Facebook and haven't received a single response back.  I hope they all die horrific, painful deaths
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They verified my phone SIM and previous phone SIM. I have been on auto refill for years and years using a Chase Credit Card. Got a QVC Black Friday Deal with an upgraded Samsung Galaxy A54 and an annual service plan for 249.00 Sometimes deals are too good to be true. What could possibly go wrong???
View Quote

First Tracfone and now QVC? What’s next, blueblockers and Buicks?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Like many have said, Never trust such an important issue to a third teir company

I have had my cell number for over 20 years.

I am self employed

Ill stick with Verizon
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd recommend a google voice number that you can have forwarded to whatever number you have at the time.   If you're anti google Im sure there has to be other providers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
See if you can port it to Google Voice. You can set it up to ring to your current number/phone.
View Quote
The number is no longer associated with my account. Worth a shot though. Got a link with Google Voice?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is Tracfone a fly by night carrier? They've been around longer than you've been with Verizon.
View Quote

Fiat has been building cars a long time too.  I'm not sure what your point is.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Well that sucks. Have had my current number since 2007. First with Sprint and then moved over to ATT in 2016.

As for all the comments about using a "real" carrier, I've had business clients, on business accounts lose 10+ year old phone numbers due to fuck ups at Verizon and ATT.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Like the dudes that STILL use the same yahoo email they were using in '97.

"Why do I get sooo much spam?"

LoL
View Quote

That cuts deep...  the email I referenced in my previous post was my 25+ year old Hotmail account
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like someone tried to steal your phone number, and it was locked by the carrier. Or.. they successfully stole the number and it is in the middle of being transferred to someone else on a different carrier.

They should be able to send you a password reset by sending a text to your phone.

EDIT...  after catching up on the thread it looks like someone stole your number.

Now you've got to remove that number from every account you have so the theives don't get into it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Arent tracfones burner phones for criminals?
View Quote

I have a page plus phone as a burner.  I use it for craigslist or public deals, and I used it when I did online dating.  My real cell # is sacred
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Kia was founded in 1944.

Just as good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Tracfone a fly by night carrier? They've been around longer than you've been with Verizon.

Kia was founded in 1944.

Just as good.

Quoted:

Do you understand the definition of "fly by night"?

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fly-by-night

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kia was founded in 1944.

Just as good.

Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/SsFwjLty/light2.jpg

even after reading the definition, do you understand the term?  A company that has continually operated since 1996 is not even close to a "fly by night" company
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The number is no longer associated with my account. Worth a shot though. Got a link with Google Voice?
View Quote
https://voice.google.com
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe don't use Tracfone? I don’t trust these fly by night carriers and prefer Verizon. Zero issues in over 24 years.
View Quote

FPNI

Not using Tracphone is something that should have been learned in 2007

You can get a AT&T prepaid phone for cheap as well with service that is almost as good as the normal service for half the price.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

even after reading the definition, do you understand the term?  A company that has continually operated since 1996 is not even close to a "fly by night" company
View Quote

Yes, that is what I am saying.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#17]
OP got hacked.

Now, did they already port it too? If so, your 2FA is going to someone else already.

Where else did you use the same password?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoops, did I get that mixed up I thought you were the one saying they were a FBN company
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What the fuck? Who runs a business with a tracfone (other than drug dealers and pimps)?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/zoomin-428901-768826.gif
View Quote

hahahah every time i see that i stop scrolling and let it play out in full
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Yes, I understand the term. But the whole thing feels the same way.

So not fly by night, but just as good. Like Kia and Fiat.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LMAO!

In 2021, Verizon acquired TracFone Wireless, Inc. from Mexico-based América Móvil (owner of Claro) in a deal worth up to $6.9 billion, involving 20 million subscribers. The deal was approved by the Federal Communications Commission on November 22, 2021, and closed the following day.[4][5][1]

In 2022, the TracFone portfolio of brands, including Straight Talk, Safelink, and Total by Verizon, became part of the Verizon Value organization, led by Angie Klein.[6] The organization is part of Verizon's Consumer Group and houses its value and prepaid brands.[7]

View Quote

Blackrock and Vanguard probably have trailer parks in their portfolios.  I'm not sure I understand your point.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know if my livelihood depended on my cell service I would pick the one created for hood rats and single moms on welfare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm shocked that when picking a budget service provider they don't provide better service.

I know if my livelihood depended on my cell service I would pick the one created for hood rats and single moms on welfare.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Some Tracfone phones run off of  Verizon towers. Many many years of multiple phone upgrades without an issue,  now this. Unbelievable!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck? Who runs a business with a tracfone (other than drug dealers and pimps)?
Some Tracfone phones run off of  Verizon towers. Many many years of multiple phone upgrades without an issue,  now this. Unbelievable!!!
But its not Verizon.  

And know you know
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#24]
You used Tracfone for your business?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#25]
OP, go to the Tracfone Forum at the HowardForums. That's where you'll find the experts on stuff like this. If anybody can help you, that's where you'll find them, and you might even find some old threads with people having similar issues. In any case, it's worth a shot because those guys do know Tracfone and some of them have some phone numbers for reps that will cut through the bullshit.

https://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/330-Tracfone-Net10
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LOL. It’s still tier 3 CRAP.
View Quote

I beg to differ.
I have a tracfone, with a totalwireless plan, both owned by and ran on Verizon.

Absolutely nothing wrong with nor different from any other phone or network service.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I've used Straight Talk for 15 years. No problems with unlimited everything for $45.00/month. Started with At&t around year 2000. Switched service with the same number every thing smooth.

I don't have a Glock Switch.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kia was founded in 1944.

Just as good.

Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/SsFwjLty/light2.jpg

But it caters to fly by night "clients", lol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe don't use Tracfone? I don’t trust these fly by night carriers and prefer Verizon. Zero issues in over 24 years.
View Quote

I don't think they're a fly-by-night company, they've been around for a while... but if you go with the cheapest service, you get the cheapest service.

Mom used them for a while, but we ported her number out to Google Fi, and I had her on my plan for a while. I might put her back on it later this year because it will save us both some money.

ETA: a little more detail on Mom's issues - She had a basic flip phone through them since about 2006 or so, then in 2018 or 19, she got an Android smartphone. I can't remember which brand or model, but she got it from them. In 2022 they told her the phone didn't support 5G and would be disabled, but the phone DID support 5G, and it was right there in the fuckin' settings menu. Dad tried to talk to Tracphone, but Dupinder couldn't figure out how to do the needful. They were adamant that she needed to buy a new phone to be able to continue service. I had just gotten a Pixel 6 Pro and had a Pixel 5, so I gave the 5 to my mom and got her on Fi. Porting her number out was a bit of a PITA, because there's a PIN you have to get, but you can't get it from Tracfone. They had to get it from AT&T.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I've had TracFone for a long time. Very inexpensive for a backup landline that my wife and Mom use. Unbeknownst to me, ATT was charging my Mom $125 monthly for her landline in Austin. They both have cell phones but like the ease and familiarity of a cordless phone. I think I pay about $30/year for 3 years at a time. But I have all their Drs and the like tied to my cell phone for simplicity's sake. TF has only glitched out a couple of times over the past +/-18 years or so.

ETA: SORRY had a brain fart. Landline is Magicjack. My TracFone is $25/month and has been trouble free for me since around 2009. Sorry again for the mixup
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Haven't read long ass OP or comments but you can go to a cell provider and get that same number if  it just happened.

If they say they can't do it just leave because they just want to save a couple dollars and sign you up to a new one.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Other Guys - Gator, Pimp, Will Ferrell
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My phone number is my lifeline. From account authorizations, medical reminders family, and friends. The biggy is its on my business card and even plastered all over the Internet.

I woke up this morning and had no mobile phone service from Tracfone. The only evidence of trouble was a text from TracFone regarding an account verification number from last night.  After two attempts I was locked out of my email verification. Was on the phone for over 6 1/2 hrs with 9+ Service reps. At the end of the day I have a new phone number. If you call my old number you get a voicemail with my voice yet I have no way to retrieve it. I was told to send a certified letter to their corporate office in Miami and not call them back or try to email them. This is disastrous for my service-based business.  I had Straight Talk for over 12 years without an issue. I switched to an Annual Plan with Tracfone last November thinking the mother company would be a safe bet. Man was I wrong.
Does anyone know anybody with the FCC, Tracfone or the Attorney Generals' office or anyone else that could help resolve this shit show?
View Quote

OP After the ordeal I had with Trackphone AKA Straight talk, I would do everything can to steer folks away from them.
My wife (the family CFO) made the executive descison that we were going to switch from ATT (who 90% of the people in our rural area use, for a reason) to Straight Talk to save a few bucks.

It took us over 20 hours Most of on the phone, with over 24 different reps, including 2 ""Corporate Reps"" trying to get my phone back online.  The wife had a Iphone, one of the latest 2-3 models. Hers switch over went relatively smooth. Took less than and hour and 3-4 phone reps and as many calls.  This have me a bad feeling.

Then we did mine. And the nightmare began.
I Every single person I talked to, I'd tell them, we have ATT currently and have bougght the SIM cards for our phone to switch over to S.T. and need to make it happen.  They'd as 3-4 questions, tell me to turn it off for 2 mins, then turn it on.  After several more mins they'd run me though a bunch of shit, then say they are very sorry and that it will take from 15-45 mins for the changes to take place and they would call me back. Someone new would call me back and I'd have to retrace my steps and tell them everything we had done with the last ST person we talked to.

By the 4th person, I started saying, look, I know how this is gonna go, I'd tell them exactly what the last person told me and what we'd tried, then I told them what they were going to tell me and what we were going to do. They they'd say Oh No, very sorry, we get you taken care of, then repeat the exact same shit I told them they'ed say and they'd very sorry again and say someone would call be back at which point, I'd log their name and we'd wait for the next call and do the same shit, over and over.

Finally, the next morning they had escalated me to their "Corporate Help folks".. I think they just had a bigger Dot on their forheard and a bit more Turmeric in their diet..  Same shit.

Finally, I flipped out, hung up and drove 40 mins to a Walmart  and back in electronics, where by the graces of God, I found a guy who worked for "Professional Cellular" a company who sold all the cell players and worked inside walmart's.

When I told him what I had been dealing with, he grimaced and said "Straight Talk", ewww, bad choice and one of your main issue.
Called me Big Dawg like 8 times....  Douche bag...

But he tried everything he could.  At one point, I said, Man, I'm starting to get really worried, This is my work number.
Everyone I have known or dealt with for 25+ years, personal or professional has this number,  this phone is tied into my work VPN, so I can log in and work on stuff when not at near a PC, if something goes down, I get alerted by my network monitoring system, all my bank and stock stuff are tied in, etc.. etc...  I don't care what it takes, I need to leave here with a phone working, with this number.

800 Bucks later, I had a new phone, a new SIM card and a new phone case and he had moved like 98% of the crap from my old phone to the new one and I was working again.

F^cK Straight Talk and Any thing to do with them!!!!

I would not sign up with them if they paid me 50.00 a month for life to use their service.

Quoted:
Maybe don't use Tracfone? I don't trust these fly by night carriers and prefer Verizon. Zero issues in over 24 years.
View Quote
After my deal, I 100% Agree, VZW or ATT..  He told me, that if you run on one of the resellers, you're basically a 3rd to 5th class citizen as far as network priority and access and not to expect any support.

Quoted:
I would just pick a different cell provider and have them port your number over to them.
View Quote
If you have lost access to the account like it sounds like he has and I've seen others do, you can't do that.

I've heard of it happening and folks spending weeks fighting and not getting their number back.

Normally, porting a number is not a big deal, folks do it daily, but when shit goes awry, it sucks.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:32:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
OP, go to the Tracfone Forum at the HowardForums. That's where you'll find the experts on stuff like this. If anybody can help you, that's where you'll find them, and you might even find some old threads with people having similar issues. In any case, it's worth a shot because those guys do know Tracfone and some of them have some phone numbers for reps that will cut through the bullshit.

https://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/330-Tracfone-Net10
View Quote
Thanks. Signed up and awaiting approval.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why do you hate Ferdom?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#36]
This phone number is vitally important to your personal and Business life...and you trust it to TracFone?

That's on you.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

OP After the ordeal I had with Trackphone AKA Straight talk, I would do everything can to steer folks away from them.
My wife (the family CFO) made the executive descison that we were going to switch from ATT (who 90% of the people in our rural area use, for a reason) to Straight Talk to save a few bucks.

It took us over 20 hours Most of on the phone, with over 24 different reps, including 2 ""Corporate Reps"" trying to get my phone back online.  The wife had a Iphone, one of the latest 2-3 models. Hers switch over went relatively smooth. Took less than and hour and 3-4 phone reps and as many calls.  This have me a bad feeling.

Then we did mine. And the nightmare began.
I Every single person I talked to, I'd tell them, we have ATT currently and have bougght the SIM cards for our phone to switch over to S.T. and need to make it happen.  They'd as 3-4 questions, tell me to turn it off for 2 mins, then turn it on.  After several more mins they'd run me though a bunch of shit, then say they are very sorry and that it will take from 15-45 mins for the changes to take place and they would call me back. Someone new would call me back and I'd have to retrace my steps and tell them everything we had done with the last ST person we talked to.

By the 4th person, I started saying, look, I know how this is gonna go, I'd tell them exactly what the last person told me and what we'd tried, then I told them what they were going to tell me and what we were going to do. They they'd say Oh No, very sorry, we get you taken care of, then repeat the exact same shit I told them they'ed say and they'd very sorry again and say someone would call be back at which point, I'd log their name and we'd wait for the next call and do the same shit, over and over.

Finally, the next morning they had escalated me to their "Corporate Help folks".. I think they just had a bigger Dot on their forheard and a bit more Turmeric in their diet..  Same shit.

Finally, I flipped out, hung up and drove 40 mins to a Walmart  and back in electronics, where by the graces of God, I found a guy who worked for "Professional Cellular" a company who sold all the cell players and worked inside walmart's.

When I told him what I had been dealing with, he grimaced and said "Straight Talk", ewww, bad choice and one of your main issue.
Called me Big Dawg like 8 times....  Douche bag...

But he tried everything he could.  At one point, I said, Man, I'm starting to get really worried, This is my work number.
Everyone I have known or dealt with for 25+ years, personal or professional has this number,  this phone is tied into my work VPN, so I can log in and work on stuff when not at near a PC, if something goes down, I get alerted by my network monitoring system, all my bank and stock stuff are tied in, etc.. etc...  I don't care what it takes, I need to leave here with a phone working, with this number.

800 Bucks later, I had a new phone, a new SIM card and a new phone case and he had moved like 98% of the crap from my old phone to the new one and I was working again.

F^cK Straight Talk and Any thing to do with them!!!!

I would not sign up with them if they paid me 50.00 a month for life to use their service.

After my deal, I 100% Agree, VZW or ATT..  He told me, that if you run on one of the resellers, you're basically a 3rd to 5th class citizen as far as network priority and access and not to expect any support.

If you have lost access to the account like it sounds like he has and I've seen others do, you can't do that.

I've heard of it happening and folks spending weeks fighting and not getting their number back.

Normally, porting a number is not a big deal, folks do it daily, but when shit goes awry, it sucks.

View Quote
Your post gave me a sinking empty feeling.  I always knew I was playing against the odds. I have had a Cell phone since 1987. Started out with a bag phone and carried a pager for years. I was strapped and chained to my business and paid the price many times over. Have been with Verizon most of my life.  Their corporate rates reamed me after being faithful for 20+ years. After down sizing my business,  advertising , pagers and Verizon was first to go.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#38]
"Just as good"

OP is rocking some NCSTAR and TAPCO guns I bet.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Like has already been suggested, see if you can port the number.  Then at least you'll know if it's still yours.

If it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine went through this with AT&T.  He finally resorted to just badgering customer service until they fixed it so he would go away.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"Just as good"

OP is rocking some NCSTAR and TAPCO guns I bet.
View Quote
Sometimes you save your shillings for the good stuff. If you only knew.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Seriously bad idea to not have a tier 1 company handling your phone service especially if it's tied to your business.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#42]
The plot thickens. Just received multiple replies through text that my old number is active. It was hijacked last night and a new customer already had it by 1030 this morning.  Poor folks will be getting No heat and no A/C calls and texts at 2 AM.  What a ClusterF@$k
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
yes, explained that to them and no SOP for escalation.

View Quote

Start contacting other carriers and see if they can use your phone and port the number over.  Maybe go to a real store.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I didn't know TracFone was still a thing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#45]
We  use Verizon  and  have for at least 20 year or more.
Do recommend
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#47]
That sucks OP, I've had my number for 30 years plus and fuck those giving you shit about it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Howard Forums was going to be my first suggestion, but @RTX has that covered.

(1) First thing Monday morning, call Tracfones Corporate office.

Monday to Friday 8am to 5am

305-640-2000 ext 1029
800-626-4883 ext 3324

You might not need the extensions. See what the phone system tells you.

You can call after hours and use the extensions, but you'll still end up with a call center.  Not sure if they are any better than the "normal" call center.

For some things, the online chat is very useful.  Not talking to some foreigner makes it less painful.

(2) If that is unsatisfactory, file a complaint with the FCC online.  That should get you a response.  (A HowardForums frequent suggestion for even lesser issues).

(3) Ignore the worthless immature fucks around this place.

I've used Tracfone for around 20 years.  Service was through AT&T for a long time, and then changed to Verizon a few years ago.  When 3G was phased out, they gave me a $75 credit towards a new phone. HSN offers some great prices for phone packages.

View Quote
Thanks for the sound advice. Will call Monday and see what happens. You have to be brave and thick-skinned to post a thread in GD.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You get what you pay for.
View Quote

Burner phone problems.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The plot thickens. Just received multiple replies through text that my old number is active. It was hijacked last night and a new customer already had it by 1030 this morning.  Poor folks will be getting No heat and no A/C calls and texts at 2 AM.  What a ClusterF@$k
View Quote

Yep, and with your new tracfone number you'll be getting calls of when your going to drop the dope or booty calls.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top