BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The plot thickens. Just received multiple replies through text that my old number is active. It was hijacked last night and a new customer already had it by 1030 this morning.  Poor folks will be getting No heat and no A/C calls and texts at 2 AM.  What a ClusterF@$k
View Quote

Call them and ask them to sell it back you.  It’s new to them so they won’t care and they certainly don’t want emergency HVAC calls.  Offer them a hundred bucks.  If they’re on tracfone they’re most likely meth junkies and could get really high for a 100 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I got tired of Verizon going in dry when friends save money on cheap providers. I've been meaning to change. I was just thinking the other day when I was signing into SSI and my health related accounts about how much my phone is tied to my security. I get texts and notifications every time I make a purchase, plus I have an authenticator app. I guess I'll keep my sore asshole.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Exactly. And Verizon is over here with entire departments and specialized employees for business accounts. There's a reason it's more expensive.
View Quote

Might have to go this route.  See if they can get your number back somehow since they own TracFone and the number is on their network.

If they can't then blame them and go to TMobile or whatever with your new number.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Final Chapter

After 2 days of crap I have regained ownership of my 15 yr old phone number.

• This place is an amazing group of People with an infinite amount of resources.
  • Tier 1 Customer service is ill-equipped to deal   with phone porting mishaps
  • Speak IME when referencing your phone or issues. CSR will have to read case notes
  • The Guy who lost his number and stole mine was imperative in helping me retrieve my number.
  • A simple reminder to lock down all your PINs and security passwords, especially on accounts you have had forever.
  • Keep a list of where your number is used for account verification and reminders you never know when you might need it
  • Gonna Spend my hard-earned money on ammo and Range time instead of giving it to Verizon Wireless directly.
  • Boomers Rock

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you think this will, or could , happen again?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So much is tied to our phones these days.
View Quote

People want to shout "boomer" but keeping a landline phone, especially for a business, can be very useful, even if it's just call forwarded to your cell phone most of the time.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought tracfones were for drug deals and affairs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do you think this will, or could , happen again?
View Quote
It was a manual mishap where human error wreaked havoc.  I am sure it could happen again to anyone with any account.  I am paid up through November on my account. Plenty of time to think about alternatives.  I still have a landline phone number tied up for the last 35 yrs using Magic Jack. I get lots of Political Commercial recording emails on that. lol
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Lock your number so it cannot be transferred. Check your service provider's site for information on how to do it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Get over it. Shit happens
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was told at one time that it was a system glitch.  I wonder if they got some outside fuckery in their system. I can access my online account with Straight Talk and Tracfone but unable to access or edit any security credentials.

View Quote

Lots of ransomware attacks.  Ask me how I know .....
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Final Chapter

• This place is an amazing group of People with an infinite amount of resources.
  • Tier 1 Customer service is ill-equipped to deal   with phone porting mishaps
  • Speak IME when referencing your phone or issues. CSR will have to read case notes
  • The Guy who lost his number and stole mine was imperative in helping me retrieve my number.
  • A simple reminder to lock down all your PINs and security passwords, especially on accounts you have had forever.
  • Keep a list of where your number is used for account verification and reminders you never know when you might need it
  • Gonna Spend my hard-earned money on ammo and Range time instead of giving it to Verizon Wireless directly.
  • Boomers Rock

View Quote

How did he steal your number?   Was it given to him by Tracfone?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Final Chapter

• Boomers Rock
  • [/ul]
    View Quote

1)How did he "Steal your number"

2)You are helpless if you stay with TF

EDIT beat
    Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:43:44 PM EDT
    [#14]
    Quoted:
    Maybe don't use Tracfone? I don’t trust these fly by night carriers and prefer Verizon. Zero issues in over 24 years.
    View Quote

LOL, Tracfone has been around before you've been with Verizon.
    Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:46:11 PM EDT
    [#15]
    Quoted:
    Some Tracfone phones run off of  Verizon towers. Many many years of multiple phone upgrades without an issue,  now this. Unbelievable!!!
    View Quote

The towers aren't the issue now is it.  It's the company.
    Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:47:01 PM EDT
    [#16]
    Quoted:

LMAO!

In 2021, Verizon acquired TracFone Wireless, Inc. from Mexico-based América Móvil (owner of Claro) in a deal worth up to $6.9 billion, involving 20 million subscribers. The deal was approved by the Federal Communications Commission on November 22, 2021, and closed the following day.[4][5][1]

In 2022, the TracFone portfolio of brands, including Straight Talk, Safelink, and Total by Verizon, became part of the Verizon Value organization, led by Angie Klein.[6] The organization is part of Verizon's Consumer Group and houses its value and prepaid brands.[7]

View Quote

Corporate ownership doesn't change any of the customer service issues.
    Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:51:10 PM EDT
    [#17]
    Port your number to a new service provider.

Tracfone pulled some garbage on me close to two decades ago.  I learned.
    Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:05:39 PM EDT
    [#18]
    OP, you’re a glutton for punishment if you stay with Tracfone after this experience.
    Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:14:52 AM EDT
    [#19]
    Quoted:

How did he steal your number?   Was it given to him by Tracfone?
    View Quote
    Yes it was. Ported from Safeway, a division of Tracfone.
    Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:18:34 AM EDT
    [#20]
    Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:53:25 AM EDT
    [#21]
    How high up the customer service ladder did you have to go to get this resolved?
    Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:54:01 PM EDT
    [#22]
    Quoted:
    How high up the customer service ladder did you have to go to get this resolved?
    View Quote
    I am pretty sure it was 3 tiers to a corporate Manager

Page / 4
    Next Page Arrow Left
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top