Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope.

Might be something new on the streets in Texas.

I know once you smoke some jazz cabbage you're turned into a blabbering drooling fool. Oh wait, that's our president.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So it's like every 7/11 I've ever been in.
View Quote

You have a valid point.

LOL
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#3]
One thing I notice since they made Satan's lettuce legal in Connecticut is all  the long sleeve shirt wearers lately.  My guess is to hide the needle marks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I, along with many other small business people talk about this frequently and we all agree. People are needy and perpetually angry all at the same time. Even our oldest and most loyal customers.
The Covid Era broke people in a way that will not be fixed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The after effects of covid seems to have made society even more broken.

I've certainly had a lot more problems with people post covid vs before. Just seems the last few years haven't been the same.

I, along with many other small business people talk about this frequently and we all agree. People are needy and perpetually angry all at the same time. Even our oldest and most loyal customers.
The Covid Era broke people in a way that will not be fixed.

This, and it's undeniable. Hard to believe it was so fucking easy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was at the grocery store yesterday and two guys working in the meat department looked really high.

One of the boys was loading small packages of meat into spring loaded bins and was throwing the small packages in the hole making a shooting sound ever time one hit in one of the holes then he would go, "DING"! Lol

Other places too like the guy who fills my propane bottles down at the gas plant. Lol some more.

But, I don't need that shit.
I am reality.

Has anybody noticed this too?
I can't believe that in Texas it's still illegal to possess with so many people doing it now.

Thanks in advance.
Go!

View Quote
Honestly it is the Delta 8, Delta 9, THC-A at least in Texas. Yes, while marijuana might be illegal these side stepping substances aren't as of right now.

I am no expert in this and the only reason I know this is due to getting cancer. I guess a cancer diagnosis is some sort of weed exemption. I got showered in gummies from  California, Colorado to New Mexico. And while they do help with sleeping, I wouldn't have sought THC out under "normal" circumstances.

So I ran out of pure THC gummies from a legal state and just went to a "smoke/vape" shop. Holy shit! They have all kinds of weed/shroom products. From delta 9 vapes, to actual buds that are somehow legal. To dabs? Gummies that are every bit as strong as the ones from N.M. They even have delta 9 "nano" shots ( like a liquid gummy) in different flavors like vanilla, cherry etc. that you can get in a fountain drink. It will definitely change your perception and none would even know your  coke was the equivalent of a big ass doobie.

So weed might be illegal. However, The legal options available in Texas are as strong if not stronger. This has really exploded in the last year or so.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Honestly it is the Delta 8, Delta 9, THC-A at least in Texas. Yes, while marijuana might be illegal these side stepping substances aren't as of right now.

I am no expert in this and the only reason I know this is due to getting cancer. I guess a cancer diagnosis is some sort of weed exemption. I got showered in gummies from  California, Colorado to New Mexico. And while they do help with sleeping, I wouldn't have sought THC out under "normal" circumstances.

So I ran out of pure THC gummies from a legal state and just went to a "smoke/vape" shop. Holy shit! They have all kinds of weed/shroom products. From delta 9 vapes, to actual buds that are somehow legal. To dabs? Gummies that are every bit as strong as the ones from N.M. They even have delta 9 "nano" shots ( like a liquid gummy) in different flavors like vanilla, cherry etc. that you can get in a fountain drink. It will definitely change your perception and none would even know your  coke was the equivalent of a big ass doobie.

So weed might be illegal. However, The legal options available in Texas are as strong if not stronger. This has really exploded in the last year or so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at the grocery store yesterday and two guys working in the meat department looked really high.

One of the boys was loading small packages of meat into spring loaded bins and was throwing the small packages in the hole making a shooting sound ever time one hit in one of the holes then he would go, "DING"! Lol

Other places too like the guy who fills my propane bottles down at the gas plant. Lol some more.

But, I don't need that shit.
I am reality.

Has anybody noticed this too?
I can't believe that in Texas it's still illegal to possess with so many people doing it now.

Thanks in advance.
Go!

This is similar to what a family member told me just the other day.

Said their even getting info about it in the mail.

I haven't got shit yet but I'm waiting.

Our AG Ken Paxton is saying no but most everybody else is pretty much saying yes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Mike Judge tried to warn us.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lots of people walking around smelling like weed. Happens here in Tennessee where we are not a free use state. Every major city that I've been to in the last 2 years the smell is inescapable.
View Quote

Its more prevalent now than ever that I smell weed from people that I walk by.  Most times its a strong smell emanating from their vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Go buy something that costs $5.16 and hand them a 20 and 16 cents out of your pocket.
The meltdowns are always entertaining.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:So weed might be illegal. However, The legal options available in Texas are as strong if not stronger. This has really exploded in the last year or so.
View Quote

Please don't admit to legal weed/gummy use here, it use to be a secret (not in the Conduct Code) way to ban people's accounts here.

Be careful of what you say.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Its more prevalent now than ever that I smell weed from people that I walk by. Most times its a strong smell emanating from their vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of people walking around smelling like weed. Happens here in Tennessee where we are not a free use state. Every major city that I've been to in the last 2 years the smell is inescapable.

Its more prevalent now than ever that I smell weed from people that I walk by. Most times its a strong smell emanating from their vehicle.

I walked past a guy in the grocery store a couple of weeks ago that I could smell from 10 feet away.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL.  It was a thing when I worked residential construction twenty years ago.  Roofers and framers were always high.  Stucco guys too.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Never worked in the trades before?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOL.  It was a thing when I worked residential construction twenty years ago.  Roofers and framers were always high.  Stucco guys too.
View Quote

My friend is a construction equipment operator and he says everyone on jobsites is high on something.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I walked past a guy in the grocery store a couple of weeks ago that I could smell from 10 feet away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's beginning to get hot and very humid around here so that's not going to help either. It will make it worse.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My friend is a construction equipment operator and he says everyone on jobsites is high on something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty much been that way since the eighties.

I used to look at the quality of a stoner framing crew used to do and it was amazing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Please don't admit to legal weed/gummy use here, it use to be a secret (not in the Conduct Code) way to ban people's accounts here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:So weed might be illegal. However, The legal options available in Texas are as strong if not stronger. This has really exploded in the last year or so.

Thank you. I do apologize. Consider it a very temporary recon mission . My cancer is in remission and 99.9% eradicated. Just two more chemo infusions and hopefully this strange journey will be over. Like I said under normal circumstances it would never  have been a consideration.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thank you. I do apologize. Consider it a very temporary recon mission . My cancer is in remission and 99.9% eradicated. Just two more chemo infusions and hopefully this strange journey will be over. Like I said under normal circumstances it would never  have been a consideration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Texas Department of Public Safety has a program for individuals such as yourself and I'm sure at this time that you would qualify. The medical weed is at about 7% Delta 9 if your interested.

It is all legal and approved by the State of Texas at this time.

I don't know anyone who is on this program at this time except a fellow veteran who was on it and talked with me about it at the VA.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Move to a non-free state?

When California opened up cannabis sales with medically legal (wink wink go visit Dr. Feelgood with $125) shops sprung up everywhere in my town. Of course only a few of them were legal and after about EIGHTEEN MONTHS they noticed that there were more stores selling (by a factor of 4) then they licensed. Oh government is on the ball.  

Then only time I would smell dope in public was driving to work with the top down. Along with bacon, eggs, and breakfast burritos I would smell dope.

Now every once in a while I'll catch a whiff in the grocery store as I pass someone.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Texas Department of Public Safety has a program for individuals such as yourself and I'm sure at this time that you would qualify. The medical weed is at about 7% Delta 9 if your interested.

I don't know anyone who is on this program at this time except a fellow veteran who was on it and talked with me about it at the VA.
View Quote
Negative. I am a pureblood, wholehearted believer in sobriety. For a while when the cancer had metastasized into my bones, lymphatic system etc. I became hopeless, and sleepless for DAYS due to mostly bone pain. That is gone now.

I am the kind of person who doesnt even take aspirin for headaches if it can be avoided.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's "illegal" in Texas, but almost unenforceable from a financial standpoint in most jurisdictions.
View Quote

It is kind of how Texas handles things that collide with reality of the current world.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

From a safety standpoint, it's counterintuitive to people who don't understand, but by payday/out of weed day, they get dangerous.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Long hair stoner working the self checkout, flipping a box around, walked into the path of the wife's motor cart at Meijer on Friday

His boss, a handicapped senior woman  just gave a weird look when I said that's why the cart has bumpers

eta, the stoners are supposed to smoke indoors

Michigan state law specifies that any use of cannabis must take place in private, such as the user's own residence. It is illegal to use cannabis in a public space. It is also illegal to carry cannabis in areas frequented by children, such as schools or school busses.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/michigan/2022/05/19/a-guide-to-michigans-recreational-marijuana-laws-what-you-should-know/
View Quote
Yea, that is 1000% not being enforced.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#27]
The guy at the vape shop my wife uses seems to have it made.  He is absolutely baked every time we go in there, watching cartoons, and ringing up vape juice.  Always good for a friendly "Hey dudes, what's up?", "Hope your day is badass, dudes!"   I hope he Ubers to work and back.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please keep in mind, unless your last name is Biden, 922(G) is a thing too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Negative. I am a pureblood, wholehearted believer in sobriety. For a while when the cancer had metastasized into my bones, lymphatic system etc. I became hopeless, and sleepless for DAYS due to mostly bone pain. That is gone now.

I am the kind of person who doesnt even take aspirin for headaches if it can be avoided.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said it in passing because I don't think it has occurred to many that a "hold out" state such as Texas has a benevolence program for people who are sick and feel as if they need it for whatever reason it makes no difference to me.

It does seem to have some real medicinal effects but has been overrated concerning some other medical issues as well.

This is what I'm coming away with on the subject of medical weed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Early 80's I ran a tire service truck (truck,off road,ag).

It was super common to get into a truck and it be full of beer cans. I had one customer (rig mover) that kept a keg tapped in the break room 24/7

Salt water disposals had beer cans scattered everywhere from drivers drinking while they unloaded.

And then there is the construction trades, LOL painters.

Getting fucked up on the job is nothing new.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong, especially in residential work.

Tons of guys smoke a bowl before work and during lunch, and often during work if they can sneak away. I've seen guys popping pills on jobs, and ran into a few alcoholics that sneak drinks all day.

I've heard stories from heavy highway guys about meth use, especially on those 20+ hour deck pours.

I don't understand it personally, but it's common in the trades because of the types of people that end up in them. You have to have a pretty miserable life to not even be able to get through the work day without getting fucked up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I used to look at the quality of a stoner framing crew used to do and it was amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to work for a stone mason that would put on a big straw hat and roll up a joint the size of a cigar and just start stacking rocks. He was really good too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Go buy something that costs $5.16 and hand them a 20 and 16 cents out of your pocket.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Tons of guys smoke a bowl before work and during lunch, and often during work if they can sneak away. I've seen guys popping pills on jobs, and ran into a few alcoholics that sneak drinks all day.

I've heard stories from heavy highway guys about meth use, especially on those 20+ hour deck pours.

I don't understand it personally, but it's common in the trades because of the types of people that end up in them. You have to have a pretty miserable life to not even be able to get through the work day without getting fucked up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OTR drivers too. I used to power wash truck stop fueling lanes late at night till early in the morning. You wouldn't believe the shape I've seen some overnight drivers in. That was sobering in itself. Some would noticably stagger up to the convenience store/truck stop to buy their fuel. Others would be out there at four in the morning running like a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm a neurosurgeon and I always smoke a fat doob right before I go to work.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
china has succeeded in their quest to dumb down America with drugs in preparation for their complete takeover.
View Quote

With the full cooperation of Dimocrats.

Fat, unhealthy, unaware, complacent, stupid, high....that's how they want the population of the US to be.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/93C8D1F0-8E84-4516-92C5-A49067D686FC-1096.gif

the fact that I used cash and not some kind of card completely befuddled the kid at the register when we went to dinner the other night. He had to go get a "manager" because he wasnt "authorized" to handle cash

Cash also doesn't have a tip line on it that starts with 20%
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I said it in passing because I don't think it has occurred to many that a "hold out" state such as Texas has a benevolence program for people who are sick and feel as if they need it for whatever reason it makes no difference to me.

It does seem to have some real medicinal effects but has been overrated concerning some other medical issues as well.

View Quote
I do thank you for the information. I do not mean to come across as rude. My Doctors say similar things regarding medical application. My PCP says the effects are just too varied to prescribe specifically without a whole lot more research. I agree.

Anyway now I fear being canceled again. I have been canceled by the left frequently. I suppose I truly reside in no mans land. At least right now. C'est la Vie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

OTR drivers too. I used to power wash truck stop fueling lanes late at night till early in the morning. You wouldn't believe the shape I've seen some overnight drivers in. That was sobering in itself. Some would noticably stagger up to the convenience store/truck stop to buy their fuel. Others would be out there at four in the morning running like a motherfucker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I honestly think a lot of people are not normal anymore . I see it driving , in stores , just about everywhere . People just didn’t used to act like they do now . No consideration at all for others in public it seems .
View Quote

COVID and the fear mongering broke a lot of people, others DGAF anymore having realized it doesn't matter.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

the fact that I used cash and not some kind of card completely befuddled the kid at the register when we went to dinner the other night. He had to go get a "manager" because he wasnt "authorized" to handle cash

Cash also doesn't have a tip line on it that starts with 20%
View Quote

I have zero shame about ignoring all tip prompts, no matter how they are offered. If a waiter doesn't provide full service there is no tip, never was even suggested until recently. I'm not tipping the corporation just for existing.

There is a small,  independent American owned diner near work I will tip even when I do takeout because I do want to support that small business owner.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I do thank you for the information. I do not mean to come across as rude. My Doctors say similar things regarding medical application. My PCP says the effects are just too varied to prescribe specifically without a whole lot more research. I agree.

Anyway now I fear being canceled again. I have been canceled by the left frequently. I suppose I truly reside in no mans land. At least right now. C'est la Vie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shall pray for you gladiator!
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#45]
It will be the norm some day.
Several years ago my company started doing random tests. They gave everyone a two week notice. They ended up suspending so many people it shut the plant down.

Now they have given up on random tests. You get tested for employment then nothing else unless you get hurt on the job.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It will be the norm some day.
Several years ago my company started doing random tests. They gave everyone a two week notice. They ended up suspending so many people it shut the plant down.

Now they have given up on random tests. You get tested for employment then nothing else unless you get hurt on the job.
View Quote

As far as I can tell, most any entry level position around here does not require a drug test as a part of the hiring process anymore even the national chains until a management position is attempting to be filled.

These companies now tolerate high employees because they have no choice or shut down when operations basically cease to exist.

I'm sure scheduling some of these brothers is a real pain in the ass too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It was super common to get into a truck and it be full of beer cans. I had one customer (rig mover) that kept a keg tapped in the break room 24/7

Salt water disposals had beer cans scattered everywhere from drivers drinking while they unloaded.

View Quote

I had a paint sub in the 90s who drank a 12 pack each day. He told me, “doctors orders to keep the fumes flushed out of his system”.

A roofer said, “he would get dizzy and fall off if he wasn’t a bit lit”. 12/12 pitches during a Carolina Summer, he may have had a point from a homeopathic perspective
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#49]
who cares, people drink, people smoke
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I had a paint sub in the 90s who drank a 12 pack each day. He told me, “doctors orders to keep his system flushed out of the fumes”.

A roofer said, “he would get dizzy and fall off if he wasn’t a bit lit”. 12/12 pitches during a Carolina Summer, he may have had a point from a homeopathic perspective
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a paint sub in the 90s who drank a 12 pack each day. He told me, “doctors orders to keep his system flushed out of the fumes”.

You've got a cheap toe board giving way to a twenty foot drop into the masonry staging area in the back. You just know your going to end over end too. You already know your going to scream like a little bitch on the way down. Lol
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top