User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weekend at retail/grocery.

At bottom barrel pay you get bottom barrel employees.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I had a paint sub in the 90s who drank a 12 pack each day. He told me, “doctors orders to keep the fumes flushed out of his system”.

A roofer said, “he would get dizzy and fall off if he wasn’t a bit lit”. Given that he was scurrying about on 12/12 pitches during a Carolina Summer, he may have had a point from a homeopathic perspective
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Early 80's I ran a tire service truck (truck,off road,ag).

It was super common to get into a truck and it be full of beer cans. I had one customer (rig mover) that kept a keg tapped in the break room 24/7

Salt water disposals had beer cans scattered everywhere from drivers drinking while they unloaded.

And then there is the construction trades, LOL painters.

Getting fucked up on the job is nothing new.

I had a paint sub in the 90s who drank a 12 pack each day. He told me, “doctors orders to keep the fumes flushed out of his system”.

A roofer said, “he would get dizzy and fall off if he wasn’t a bit lit”. Given that he was scurrying about on 12/12 pitches during a Carolina Summer, he may have had a point from a homeopathic perspective

For a lot of guys it's self medicating, both physically and mentally.

The guy I mentioned earlier was that way. He called his bag of weed his "back medicine" and he would never drink at work, but as soon as the day was done he was into a 12 pack, and still drinks heavy to this day. Just isn't comfortable in his own head for too long.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It will probably end up being worse than the 70s.  I remember my neighbor talking to my dad about working in the GM plant and he said half the assembly line workers were high and the quality of work was atrocious.  

One of the reasons retailers and companies went to drug testing of employees in the early 80s.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It will probably end up being worse than the 70s.  I remember my neighbor talking to my dad about working in the GM plant and he said half the assembly line workers were high and the quality of work was atrocious.  

One of the reasons retailers and companies went to drug testing of employees in the early 80s.
View Quote

"Drug testing" is a direct derivative of the insurance companies.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The Perfect Totalitarian State (Equilibrium - Fathers Speech)
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I honestly think a lot of people are not normal anymore . I see it driving , in stores , just about everywhere . People just didn’t used to act like they do now . No consideration at all for others in public it seems .
View Quote

This. And MI is now a free use state.

I don’t partake and likely never will, but since MI got wink-wink “medical marijuana” (which quickly became legalized completely) it’s gotten worse and worse. I’d love auto driving cars for these drones.

Thing is, I hate it, but it just proves how badly the war on drugs failed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
china has succeeded in their quest to dumb down America with drugs in preparation for their complete takeover.
View Quote

It’s almost like they learned a lesson from the Opium Wars.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Their Millennial managers are just as checked-out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gen Z is disappointed in their lives and checking out.

Anything worth not doing is worth not doing stoned.

Their Millennial managers are just as checked-out.

Yep. Manager at Culvers yesterday was like this. No cares in the world. Culvers!
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You've got a cheap toe board giving way to a twenty foot drop into the masonry staging area in the back. You just know your going to end over end too. Lol
View Quote

I have seen a framer deftly surf off a roof on a sheet of plywood that slid off of a cutting platform they had erected on a condo roof.

He may have broken something if he hadn’t landed feet first into the sandy mud pit left behind where the mason’s mixing station was.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]
A LOT of people are high all the time. I was dating a surgeon, she smoked weed at LEAST 3 times a day.  She managed to wreck her car driving through a self serve car wash, but she said being high did not affect her surgical skills. Ha.

Do you want your surgeon to be high?

I dated a model, she smoked pot 5 times a day. She was pretty, available sexually, she said she could only orgasm with her vibrator. Hard to get off when you're stoned. Couldn't hold a job.

Then you have prion based brain damage from the jab. Have you had you mad cow shot and booster?

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have seen a framer deftly surf off a roof on a sheet of plywood that slid off of a cutting platform they had erected on a condo roof.

He may have broken something if he hadn’t landed feet first into the sandy mud pit left behind where the mason’s mixing station was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've got a cheap toe board giving way to a twenty foot drop into the masonry staging area in the back. You just know your going to end over end too. Lol

You know it.
"Children of the Sun"

My cousin who I started with when he was fledgling is now a multi- billionaire.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#12]
It's ridiculous how bad the pot heads have gotten. Can't go anywhere without smelling that skunk weed smell anymore. Someone should invent a device to tell if someone is high on weed like a breathalyzer does for alcohol. That way employers can test employees when suspected of working under the influence and fire their asses and cops can charge the weed smoking drivers with D.U.I.s.  The only affected people would be the weed smoking trash. I don't care what happens to trashy drug addicts or alcoholics for that matter. If you want to get high or drunk do it at home.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I used to work for a stone mason that would put on a big straw hat and roll up a joint the size of a cigar and just start stacking rocks. He was really good too.
View Quote
Best brick layer I ever saw was absolutely smashed all day everyday. Man could do art at 7am after about a 12 pack + a half pack of smokes.

RIP Augee!

also, literally all of the trades people I met in the early 90s had 3 things in common,  they smoked weed, had ridiculous stereo's, and were chronically broke. The ex wives might have had something to do with that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I see it all the time all over around here these days. It's pretty aggravating. The stink that comes off some of them is terrible and customer service has fallen to even lower levels. The same people that would throw a tizzy fit if you lit up a cigarette anywhere near them, won't say shit about someone smoking this crap, yet marijuana is 10x more carcinogenic than tobacco and reeks to high hell. If someone wants to get high in private where I don't have to smell it or be impacted by it more power to you. You do you. Bringing that shit to work, out in public or around people who don't smoke it is rude, obnoxious and highly inconsiderate.

But then again, low lives don't give a shit if they violate someone else's space. It's only a problem if their space is violated. F-ing hypocrites.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was at the grocery store yesterday and two guys working in the meat department looked really high.

One of the boys was loading small packages of meat into spring loaded bins and was throwing the small packages in the hole making a shooting sound ever time one hit in one of the holes then he would go, "DING"! Lol

Other places too like the guy who fills my propane bottles down at the gas plant. Lol some more.

But, I don't need that shit.
I am reality.

Has anybody noticed this too?
I can't believe that in Texas it's still illegal to possess with so many people doing it now.

Thanks in advance.
Go!

View Quote

I was in Dallas last weekend for the NRA meeting.
I found it interesting that the dope smell seemed to be concentrated around a certain demographic.

Odd
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Am I Inb4 iTz SaFr ThAn AlCoHoL!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#17]
It’s not just pot.

In most states CBD products are legal.
Smells just like pot and will get you just as high.

And let’s not forget that probably 50% of young people are on various prescription drugs for “anxiety”.
The grocery store where we shop, there would be a line of college aged kids at the pharmacy every morning.

Reality be hard yo.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Best brick layer I ever saw was absolutely smashed all day everyday. Man could do art at 7am after about a 12 pack + a half pack of smokes.

RIP Augee!

also, literally all of the trades people I met in the early 90s had 3 things in common,  they smoked weed, had ridiculous stereo's, and were chronically broke. The ex wives might have had something to do with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to work for a stone mason that would put on a big straw hat and roll up a joint the size of a cigar and just start stacking rocks. He was really good too.

RIP Augee!

Homeowners sometimes seem offended when I turn down some beer or some weed after we finish a job. Like they have this expectation that the concrete guy surely wants to party with them.

Some days I wouldn't mind, but work isn't over just because we are done, and I don't want my guys thinking that it should be normal behavior to immediately get fucked up just because you accomplished your tasks for the day, creates a really nasty reward loop.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What proof do you have, Karen?
View Quote

I bet you leave a cloud of weed stink when you walk by
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#20]
An ounce is $35 now, cheaper then smokes.

Hell, a dispensary was selling 20 pre rolled joints for $10 a while ago.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was at the grocery store yesterday and two guys working in the meat department looked really high.

One of the boys was loading small packages of meat into spring loaded bins and was throwing the small packages in the hole making a shooting sound ever time one hit in one of the holes then he would go, "DING"! Lol

Other places too like the guy who fills my propane bottles down at the gas plant. Lol some more.

I am reality.

I can't believe that in Texas it's still illegal to possess with so many people doing it now.

Thanks in advance.
Go!

View Quote

Boomer thread isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I see it a lot at gas stations. Sometimes in retail as well. From the short time I spent working in a big box store, I can't say I blame those people for being high at work...
View Quote

I certainly blame them.

They chose everything they're doing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What proof do you have, Karen?

Probably found one right there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Boomer thread isn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am reality.

Thanks in advance.
Go!

Boomer thread isn't it?

Two.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
china has succeeded in their quest to dumb down America with drugs in preparation for their complete takeover.
View Quote

According to the GD freedom warriors, its a sign of liberty and freedom.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#26]
[deleted]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Seems like everyone's high. Step outside and immediately get the stench of a million rotting skunks injected up your nose.

Just today, I watched some stoner almost hit three different pedestrians just trying to back out of a parking spot, completely unaware of anything around him. He rolled down his window and I bet you could smell him from the International Space Station.
View Quote

Perfectly benign with no health effects, even the ones with pot needles hanging from their arms.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And DOT regs for commercial drivers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It seems like many people are smoking weed while driving theses days. I can smell it when I'm on the motorcycle behind one of them.
View Quote

Yes and when riding past any apartment complex too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I mean with de-criminalization or legalization going on in half the states I would venture to say more people are probably smoking yes.

But honestly I think a lot of you guys have zero clue what someone stoned actually looks like.

For example. I have a co-worker that is probably the biggest Karen I have ever met. I have had to explain to him 3 times now why snitching is fucked up and if our co-workers are actually getting high at lunch then A, someone from management will undoubtedly hit them with a random, but its not his job to be a junior G man and run and narc to our bosses about people he has absolutely zero proof of doing anything. And I keep trying to tell him if he ends up costing someone whose worked at the same job for 20 years their job over weed, well he's going to get fucked up.

See he's one of those straight edge fags that has never smoked or drank and has absolutely zero clue what someone on drugs really looks like.

The irony is all of the people he's name dropping, and talking shit behind their backs aren't even the ones doing drugs. I work in a factory so to say there's a fair number of people who are get stoned is an understatement. But I frankly don't blame them. If I had to stand in a hot ass building for 10 hours turning wrenches bolting shit together with no music or anything to distract you from the brutal repetition and piss poor pay that job has. I mean do you really care if the guy your paying 15 bucks an hour to stand in a tyvek suit running the primer station has a buzz? If that's how he has to survive his day then whatever, no skin off my ass.

Seems like MYOB is a skill not taught anymore.

View Quote

Haha, he's gonna git ya sucka.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to change BP meds when I was driving 120,000 lb frac pumps in the oil field about 20 years ago here on the Barnett Shale in North Central Texas. DOT regs on what you could have in your system were strict.

Of course it was the job that gave me high blood pressure in the first place but what can you do?

The tiger periodically wants to get out of his cage and kill you.

And you always keep this in mind.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#32]
I will guarantee I'll get popped for a random drug test in the last couple weeks before I retire.

Just waiting for the ''here is the paperwork, head down to the Dr office.''

I hope it comes during the week I'm on jury duty.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#33]
The WFH crowd at my complex is outside on the hour smoking weed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm a neurosurgeon and I always smoke a fat doob right before I go to work.

View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#35]
GD really is boomer Karen central.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Try going anywhere in Michigan, fast food especially. I stopped at a McDonalds in Michigan a couple months back on the way back south to Indiana because the kids were hungry and I wanted something fast. Every single employee was out in the grass next to the parking lot smoking weed. We left immediately, and didn’t bother stopping anywhere else until we were back in Indiana. Damn Michiganders and their pot needles.
View Quote

Good thing you skedaddled, the pot smoke clouds are just getting thicker.  Better not come back.   I hear they make everyone stick a pot needle in their left pupil when crossing into Michigan these days.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
GD really is boomer Karen central.
View Quote

There's three. Lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#38]
I haven't really noticed  more stoners but I have certainly seen more obvious meth addicts working in lower end restaurants and retail stores.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#39]
maybe you're just noticing what's been going on around you for some time now
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Try riding a motorcycle around for a while… smell it constantly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
maybe you're just noticing what's been going on around you for some time now
View Quote

"We don't smoke marijuana in Muscoggee.."
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Try riding a motorcycle around for a while… smell it constantly.
View Quote

The town where my wife works is basically just skunkville now. The whole damn place stinks all summer long.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#43]
lol...fucking GD conservatives.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Homeowners sometimes seem offended when I turn down some beer or some weed after we finish a job. Like they have this expectation that the concrete guy surely wants to party with them.

Some days I wouldn't mind, but work isn't over just because we are done, and I don't want my guys thinking that it should be normal behavior to immediately get fucked up just because you accomplished your tasks for the day, creates a really nasty reward loop.
View Quote

I never accept anything from the homeowner. Not even water. Then they expect something in return.

My wife runs a deli in a grocery store. She has two cokehead employees that take breaks together. I don't think anything can be done because of the union but I told her to use a workplace safety angle to get them out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I never accept anything from the homeowner. Not even water. Then they expect something in return.

My wife runs a deli in a grocery store. She has two cokehead employees that take breaks together. I don't think anything can be done because of the union but I told her to use a workplace safety angle to get them out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been a grocery store manager and if they can do their jobs adaquatly and safely then I would just leave them alone.

Your ass stuck out in the perfect world of today.

The next ones you hire to replace them might be mainlining serial killers and then what?

It can absolutely be that bad hiring in the grocery store business at this time and I shit you not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What state? Just fire them without cause. If they ask for cause just say that there's cutbacks due to budget.

Yeah they'll probably be eligible for UI, but at least they'll be gone.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I honestly think a lot of people are not normal anymore . I see it driving , in stores , just about everywhere . People just didn’t used to act like they do now . No consideration at all for others in public it seems .
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What state? Just fire them without cause. If they ask for cause just say that there's cutbacks due to budget.

View Quote

CA. I don't have drug problems at work, that I know of DOT and all that. You test hot and you lose a good paying job.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cause: I have lost confidence that you can successfully perform the job requirements. Say nothing more.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Life's a bitch and then you die,  that's why we get high, cuz ya never know when you're gonna go.

Hank, why do you roll smoke?
Page / 5
Top Top