Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/8/2018 5:34:34 PM EDT
I was at the range today zeroing BMR 60.  I was zeroing it at 25 meters because a 25 meter zero will get you close at 200.

Shooting next to me was a guy with a Tavor.  He had an scope mounted on the Tavor and he was shooting grapefruit sized groups at 25 meters.

My iron-sighted Garand groups were much better.  And just for fun I fired my Anschutz .222 at the same target.  With the Anschutz, I had a five shot group with one large hole.

As I was leaving, I showed Mr Dope, a .222 round and he went off on a long harangue about bench rest shooters.  I just shook my head and left.

I honestly think that a talented baseball pitcher could achieve a better group at 25 meters than Mr Dope with his Tavor.

Picture of the range today.

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Well being Canadian it's always a high percentage
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You obviously were not operating on his dynamic level, bro.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
you must not go to the range much,,,there's ALWAYS an idiot there, somewhere,,,,,
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a public or private range?  Nice looking range

Some of those berms look to be 500 ,600 yards?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Shouldn’t there be an apostrophe in “members guests”?

The guests belong to the member hence “member’s guests” would be correct but “member’s guest” would be more appropriate because you’re limited to a single guest per member but I guess you’re dealing with a plurality of members too so I get lost at that point.

Can you shoot prone and in other positions or are you forced to use the benches?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I've found that a lot of shooters really are just happy to blow off ammo and if they're hitting the target at all then they're happy. to each their own I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that a public or private range?  Nice looking range

Some of those berms look to be 500 ,600 yards?
View Quote
It's a 500 meter range, but there's also a shooting tower that's not in the picture. And from the tower, you can shoot to a 1000 meters.

The range is also being expanded to beyond 1000.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I was expecting a much better tale.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The guests belong to the member hence “member’s guests” would be correct but “member’s guest” would be more appropriate because you’re limited to a single guest per member but I guess you’re dealing with a plurality of members too so I get lost at that point.

Can you shoot prone and in other positions or are you forced to use the benches?
View Quote
You must be the grammar gauleiter.

You can shoot in any position you want.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not just mind your own business?  Instead you tried to show boat tight groups.......at 25m?  Lol

You are right there was an idiot at the range.......doesn’t sound like it was the guy with the tavor
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's a 500 meter range, but there's also a shooting tower that's not in the picture. And from the tower, you can shoot to a 1000 meters.

The range is also being expanded to beyond 1000.
View Quote
Nice I wish we had  something like that around here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I could poke holes in a target from home with a pencil and post them  

I like seeing pics of the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's the clubhouse...

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah this was a pretty fucking stupid story. Hurr durr muh WWII guns are moar accurized then that stupid jew gun, hurr durr.

Some of you must live miserable lives that you have nothing better to do but walk around worrying what other people are doing everyday.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#16]
*Tavour
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why not just mind your own business?  Instead you tried to show boat tight groups.......at 25m?  Lol

You are right there was an idiot at the range.......doesn’t sound like it was the guy with the tavor
View Quote
There's also an idiot in this thread.  You

You also can't read.  I showed him a .222 round NOT a target.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah this was a pretty fucking stupid story. Hurr durr muh WWII guns are moar accurized then that stupid jew gun, hurr durr.

Some of you must live miserable lives that you have nothing better to do but walk around worrying what other people are doing everyday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Did he have his Tavor locked into a lead sled, or was he actually enjoying himself and putting rounds on target in an expedient manner?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did he have his Tavor locked into a lead sled, or was he actually enjoying himself and putting rounds on target in an expedient manner?
View Quote
Sounds like the guy was just blasting having fun. Apparently that makes one an idiot to the garand of the month fudd club.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wow.
View Quote
Indeed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#23]
You should have asked him if you could shoot his tavor then humiliated his ass with it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don't know.

But the full extent of his idiocy needs to be carefully explained.

I showed him a .222 round and he said that he heard that it was an accurate caliber.  I replied that Gale McMillan set a world bench rest record with the .222 back in 1973.

Then the little twerp went full retard by saying that bench rest shooters aren't real shooters etc.

I didn't answer him.  I just walked away and left him to wallow in stupidity and ignorance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New word for me!  Grammar (und punctuation) macht frei!

Sounds like an awesome range. I’m jealous.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Here's the thread:

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sounds like the guy was just blasting having fun. Apparently that makes one an idiot to the garand of the month fudd club.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's an idiot because he disparaged Gale McMillan, who was one of the all-time greats.

Actually, if he had been less of a fool, I would have asked him to let me try the Tavor out.

It looks interesting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He's an idiot because he disparaged Gale McMillan, who was one of the all-time greats.

Actually, if he had been less of a fool, I would have asked him to let me try the Tavor out.

It looks interesting.
View Quote
Jesus dude. Stop
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:09:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It looks interesting.
View Quote
Personally I'm unimpressed with the Tavor. The Israelis have a habit of hyping their firearms up. They over promise and under deliver time and time again. The Tavor is no exception.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Don't know.

But the full extent of his idiocy needs to be carefully explained.

I showed him a .222 round and he said that he heard that it was an accurate caliber.  I replied that Gale McMillan set a world bench rest record with the .222 back in 1973.

Then the little twerp went full retard by saying that bench rest shooters aren't real shooters etc.

I didn't answer him.  I just walked away and left him to wallow in stupidity and ignorance.
View Quote
Sounds like you've never heard of the grapefruit challenge. According to GD bench rest shooters are not, in fact, real shooters.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like fluffy was acting like a fudd and bothering someone by showing off his toys.

Typical old man at the range behavior.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't worry about other people's targets anymore. I'm no pro but when I go to the range I definitely shoot better than 95% of the people there. As long as they're on paper I'm happy.  Honestly most of them are probably just happy to make noise and be on paper too. I'm shooting for me, not to impress some stranger next to me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This.

Here's the thread:

https://i.imgflip.com/2hioky.jpg
View Quote
The cat's out of the bag.

That meme is going to get milked for all its worth..
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Let me get this right..

Op watches his shooting neighbor. Noticed he doesn't get the same groupings as a bench rester. proceeds to insult his shooting neighbor by bragging how even his ancient firearm is better then him shooting a new rifle. Comes onto Arfcom hoping to find other accuracy snobs.  Ops shooting neighbor continues to practice with his firearm and have a good time without jackassery bothering him anymore.

Sound about right?

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Fluffy,
Don't worry about the haters....some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sounds like fluffy was acting like a fudd and bothering someone by showing off his toys.

View Quote
^^^^
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.
Some serious stupidity in that post.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I never showed him my rifles.  I only showed him a single cartridge.  And that's all it took for him to go crazy.

I do not bother anyone ever at the range. I am also polite and I never argue with anyone.  Not even an idiot who knows nothing at all about shooting and who has no respect.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Let me get this right..

Op watches his shooting neighbor. Noticed he doesn't get the same groupings as a bench rester. proceeds to insult his shooting neighbor by bragging how even his ancient firearm is better then him shooting a new rifle. Comes onto Arfcom hoping to find other accuracy snobs.  Ops shooting neighbor continues to practice with his firearm and have a good time without jackassery bothering him anymore.

Sound about right?

View Quote
Wrong.  You're trolling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I never showed him my rifles.  I only showed him a single cartridge.  And that's all it took for him to go crazy.

I do not bother anyone ever at the range. I am also polite and I never argue with anyone.  Not even an idiot who knows nothing at all about shooting and who has no respect.
View Quote
You seem like a nice enough guy in your other threads.  I have seen you extend some awesome generosity here.  But from the outside looking you have just not painted a good picture.

I wasn't there and I won't judge.  Just saying your point appears to simply be a losing proposition.

Glad you had a great time at the range.  Hope the other guy did too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#43]
@FluffyTheCat

Having a Tavor is legal in Canukistan?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#44]
The parody thread is already down in flames.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure a lot of reading stuff into the situation that isn't there. Therapy  may be in order for you.
He has a friendly conversation with a shooter who trashes bench rest shooters while being a crappy shot himself.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sure a lot of reading stuff into the situation that isn't there. Therapy  may be in order for you.
He has a friendly conversation with a shooter who trashes bench rest shooters while being a crappy shot himself.
View Quote
Pot meet kettle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You seem like a nice enough guy in your other threads.  I have seen you extend some awesome generosity here.  But from the outside looking you have just not painted a good picture.

I wasn't there and I won't judge.  Just saying your point appears to simply be a losing proposition.

Glad you had a great time at the range.  Hope the other guy did too.
View Quote
I don't care what other people do at the range.  I only spoke to guy after I was picking up .30-06 brass.

He noticed that I was shooting a .30-06 and that's when I said that I was also shooting a .222.

I showed him a .222 round and the rest happened.

I never bothered the guy; I never showed him a target; I never criticized his shooting ; I never argued with him and I did not show him any of of my guns.

I only related what happened as an example of range idiocy.  In fact I go out of my way to be quiet and diplomatic at the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The parody thread is already down in flames.
View Quote
Yeah, that went from zero to nuked pretty fast!

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't worry about other people's targets anymore. I'm no pro but when I go to the range I definitely shoot better than 95% of the people there. As long as they're on paper I'm happy.  Honestly most of them are probably just happy to make noise and be on paper too. I'm shooting for me, not to impress some stranger next to me.
View Quote
This guy gets it.

Was the guy with the Tavor standing or shooting from a bench? Was he firing rapidly? Bringing the rifle up from low ready and firing as soon as he was on target?

You're not giving us anything to work with here, OP.

I'm sure you understand that defensive training isn't about tiny groups.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top