Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2022 4:16:59 PM EDT
Anybody here keep drifting back to, or never leaving the G26?

I want to like the new high capacity small 9s, but I just can’t shoot them as good as the subcompact G26.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Some Cops and old people seem to still like them but there are better choices now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Carry what works for you.

A lot of people have been deaded via the 1911. And worse.

If you think you can be competent with a G26, and don't want to put in range time to get proficient with a different platform that you may not have a natural propensity to shoot well, it's all good in my book.

G26 works too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I still carry a 26 99% of the time.

Really thinking about a P365, but every time I do I decide it's just not worth it for me.  The 26 disappears under a t-shirt for me, and I already have holsters and mags.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some Cops and old people seem to still like them but there are better choices now.
View Quote

They are not better choices if the person shoots them worse.

This isn’t a one is better than the other thread. It’s a who shoots an older subcompact better than the new subcompact thread.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I just built out P80 G26 about six weeks or so ago <---.  (My avatar is weird.  Sometimes it shows the P80, sometimes it shows the Hellcat.)
I'm having a hard time deciding to carry my Hellcat OSP or the 26.  I like the fact that I can use my G19 / G17 / G19 extended 20 round mags with the 26.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a 26 but prefer my 365xl bc I shoot it better. Everyone is different. There’s no one size fits all solution to ccw. If it works for you then you do you. As long as you carry and are proficient with what you carry then keep on keeping on. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
In a day and time of G43, P365, Hellcat, Shield Plus, etc…. Yet some still settle for a 5 shot snub.

Coat pocket? Get both.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been pocket carrying a 365 or Hellcat for a while now since the 26 is too fat for it, but it's still my favorite of the bunch to actually shoot and I don't ever plan on getting rid of it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]
"Dude, I love my P365...best carry gun ever."

Why are you still shooting a G19 in IDPA?

"Well, what had happened was..."
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm torn between a 43x and making a 26x. There are 3d print files for a frame, but I think it can also be done using the 26's locking block in a pf94c frame.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm still carrying my original Shield 1.0 (with Apex parts).  I'd like a Shield Plus (or a P365X) but at almost twice what I paid for my Shield for two extra rounds it's hard to justify.  I can add a mag extension or another magazine a lot cheaper- or just carry a bigger gun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This isn’t a one is better than the other thread. It’s a who shoots an older subcompact better than the new subcompact thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s more to a carry gun than which shoots better, otherwise we’d all carry open class comp guns.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Only one I’ve considered over a 26 os the hellcat, the rest the grip is just to skinny.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anybody here keep drifting back to, or never leaving the G26?

I want to like the new high capacity small 9s, but I just can’t shoot them as good as the subcompact G26.
View Quote

I'll always keep my 26.
While I love carrying the 48, I can use my other Glock mags in the 26.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#16]

I like shooting the 365 with the 365XL grip using the 15 round mags.

I carried the 43 for a while, but with only single stack mags I swapped over to the 365.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Any widespread problems reported with Hellcats so far?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I can shoot the p365X like an absolute laser.  It is very ergonomic and I can’t seem to miss with it.  

I can carry 13 in the gun and a spare magazine with 15.  All in a package that is hard to believe how small yet comfortable it is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I tried the whole slim sub compact carry with a Ruger LC9s but I wound up going back to my P-07 and G19..... I just like 15+1 at least

Hell in the winter I carry a G17 OWB underneath my jacket
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There’s more to a carry gun than which shoots better, otherwise we’d all carry open class comp guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I clearly mentioned that this is about subcompacts more than once. Old vs New.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

A carry gun is a very personal choice.  Better for one person may not be better for another.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I carry a Glock 17 OWB daily. But when I need to go smaller, Glock 48. I like this better than the 26 I had years back, the Shield I had, the MP9c, etc.

It only gets carried very little though, most days I have no need to go that small.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#24]
No, I’ve never liked the 26, I’d rather just carry a 19 if I was going to go full width. I don’t even have big hands, but I just really dislike the shorter grip.

I love the size of my 43x and how it shoots, and if PSA can figure out a reliable 15 round magazine like they’ve claimed I’m going to be super pumped. I was about to go all in on the shield mags when I read they had their own version coming out soon, so I’m holding off to see how that shakes out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm still carrying my original Shield 1.0 (with Apex parts).  I'd like a Shield Plus (or a P365X) but at almost twice what I paid for my Shield for two extra rounds it's hard to justify.  I can add a mag extension or another magazine a lot cheaper- or just carry a bigger gun.
View Quote

Same here.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#26]
glock 19 master race checking in

i will never own another sig unless its made in germany
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#27]
No.  Too beaucoup.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Which is why I clearly mentioned that this is about subcompacts more than once. Old vs New.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shoot my 365 and 365XL better than my 26 anyway. And for reference I can shoot my 26 fine. I even went hunting with it and domed a whitetail. I can still shoot both 365’s substantially better. My shot recovery time is similar with the 365 and superior with the XL, and my precision is better with both. And I like my 43X more than my 26, though they shoot pretty similar all things considered and I don’t prefer it to the 365 line.

The only reason to own a 26 today is for nostalgia, or Glock mag commonality. I own mine for the former. I doubt I’ll ever carry it again but I love the 26 and hope to never be rid of it. I’m just not going to carry it when there are greatly superior options available now that weren’t available when it was purchased.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I am keeping my CZ RAMI BD for summer carry. It's thick, but compliments my PCR for jacket weather and my bedside SP-01 Tactical.  I like that all 3 handle very similarly.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I wanted to keep the 26, but once I carried the 43x and shot it, I couldn't. It just fits my mitts better.

Then the 45 came out and I sold all of my gen 3 19s.

The 26 was my first "real" carry gun and it made a lot of miles with me, but (especially with the shield mags) the 43x is better all around for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Really thinking about a P365, but every time I do I decide it's just not worth it for me.  The 26 disappears under a t-shirt for me, and I already have holsters and mags.
View Quote

I thought about it, and checked out pretty much every single stack except the Hellcat now, but don't care for them the grips are too skinny.  26 already conceals very well under a T-shirt, and taking standard Glock double stack mags is a nice bonus.  Leave a bunch of them in the car, then doesn't matter if I carry a G26 or a G19 I got spares.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Currently facing this dilemma. I have CCWd a 26 for about a decade. Friend just got a p365 and i tried it on the other day. Very easy to conceal and much lighter than my 26 (i carry a 15rd mag in it).

I hate to say it, but i May be switching.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any widespread problems reported with Hellcats so far?
View Quote

I owned a 26 and a 43.

I read a lot of Hellcat info before I ended up with one.
I didn’t find anything about them having any issues.
If you believe SA, they have one with like 20k rounds through it supposedly.

Personally, mine hasn’t failed and I’ve tried to get it to fail purposely… nuthin.
It’s fed all sorts of fmj, and hps including steel case and some old weird foreign 9mm a buddy had.
I’ve used all 3 capacity mags without issues.

For me, I love it.

Of course you should always carry what you’re most comfortable with.
Your gun is always better than no gun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I thought about it, and checked out pretty much every single stack except the Hellcat now, but don't care for them the grips are too skinny.  26 already conceals very well under a T-shirt, and taking standard Glock double stack mags is a nice bonus.  Leave a bunch of them in the car, then doesn't matter if I carry a G26 or a G19 I got spares.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could never get the 26 to conceal well. Like it doesn’t conceal horrible, it’s a smaller pistol after all not a surfboard, but it’s just so stubby and fat it always concealed like a softball.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#35]
nope. the g26 was a no-go for me. way too short and snappy.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Nope.

Left the 26 in the dust.

43x is what I have now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#37]
My hands actually fit on the 43x and hellcat.

G26 I can get maybe 2.5 fingers on the grip.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I am wearing my 26 right now.  Colder weather when wearing layers, I like it in a Galco shoulder rig with two 17 mags.  Feel prepared for most anything.  Summer time is trickier for concealment.  That's when the 43 comes out.  If I could get away with pastel colored linen suits, I'd run the 26 in a shoulder rig year round.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Never left the G19.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

For what it's worth, the Hellcat's grip is a little more blocky than the 365 and might fit your hand a little better. Coming from a 26, the Hellcat feels more comfortable and familiar of the two of them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I can shoot the p365X like an absolute laser.  It is very ergonomic and I can’t seem to miss with it.  

I can carry 13 in the gun and a spare magazine with 15.  All in a package that is hard to believe how small yet comfortable it is.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169488/C9D2EE6A-356A-4EFB-A974-026605F09315_jpe-2280736.JPG
View Quote

You could be carrying 15 in the gun with Mag Guts +2. I don't know how Sig got their OEM mags so wrong when there was that much more space available.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You could be carrying 15 in the gun with Mag Guts +2. I don't know how Sig got their OEM mags so wrong when there was that much more space available.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/169488/C9D2EE6A-356A-4EFB-A974-026605F09315_jpe-2280736.JPG

Just got my Magguts +2’s in. Never thought I’d see the day that I’d be carrying such a small 9mm with 15 rounds on tap.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#43]
carried it yesterday in fact.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#44]
I like the G19 and G26 far better than all the other johnny come lately garbage. Single stack glocks are retarded and give up one of the best features that glock legacy series share, magazine compatibility!  The hellcat and other xd derivatives have always been garbage. I will never own another Sig.  The shield is ok I guess. But I wouldn't carry it
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those 2 rounds could prove invaluable in the rare event you needed them. If you're planning on extending what you've got, remember that you can do that with the +2 version of the gun as well. Just saying!
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nope.

Left the 26 in the dust.

43x is what I have now.
View Quote

Ditto. Still have a fondness for the 26 though.  It was a sad day last month when the final few G26 mags found themselves being shipped off to someone in the EE.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a 43x and a 26L. 43x gets about a 80/20 split in rotation.
The 26L predates the newer smaller pistols being produced and before 26’s got a light rail.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have a new afterlife plan for my 26.  I bought a G19 barrel and it will be my  not bear country woods gun.
View Quote

Next level
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#50]
This is my all time favorite handgun that I have owned. Glock 19 cut to Glock 26 size. Shoots excellent. Fits in my pocket. Will accept any size glock 9mm mag except for the new single stack series.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top