User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Wildcard!
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m another green bar builder.  (The pole)
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I won a sniper match this weekend.

So I'm good if I start at least 200 yards away in a concealed prone position.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I once had an instructor measuring our group sizes for a drill in an advanced handgun class. Most all the folks had their shots inside the 8" circle. Instructor goes to measure mine, makes a fist, puts it over my group and realizes his fist is 3 times as big as my group size, turns to me, and says "fucker".
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of you are damn liars

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Sure. It’s also a question open to great interpretation.

Shooting ability is just one leg of a table that includes tactics, physical conditioning & mindset.

I’ll take an average shooter who is calm under fire with excellent tactics over a grand master competitor any day.

Unfortunately if you’ve never been in the military, LE, FF, Emergency medicine you might have no idea how you react under stress.

Training helps. But some people are just cool headed by nature. Might be autism. Might be genetics. I don’t know. But they don’t know either until they experience it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm better than you're,  and that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shooting ability is just one leg of a table that includes tactics, physical conditioning & mindset.

I’ll take an average shooter who is calm under fire with excellent tactics over a grand master competitor any day.

Unfortunately if you’ve never been in the military, LE, FF, Emergency medicine you might have no idea how you react under stress.

Training helps. But some people are just cool headed by nature. Might be autism. Might be genetics. I don’t know. But they don’t know either until they experience it.
View Quote

This 100%.

Physical fitness is the most important thing. Doesn't matter if you can shoot a hair off a gnats ass at 600 yards. If you're fat or an out of shape skinny fat dude, you're going to die.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]
High drag. Low speed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This 100%.

Physical fitness is the most important thing. Doesn't matter if you can shoot a hair off a gnats ass at 600 yards. If you're fat or an out of shape skinny fat dude, you're going to die.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This 100%.

I know some baby Huey looking overweight Marines that saved my ass more than once. But yeah, it’s more than shooting
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I know some baby Huey looking overweight Marines that saved my ass more than once. But yeah, it’s more than shooting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This 100%.

I'm sure that they could PT like a mf'er though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This 100%.

You’re not wrong. Big goofy mofos
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:36:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Dunning Kruger aside, I’m fairly competent in my gun-handling skills.  I know which end is the loud end and that the magazines go in with the hollow point thingy pointed forward.  

As far as shooting skills, I don’t come in last at 3 gun. I’ve never managed first or even close to first.

Mindset is what scares the shit outta me.  Like another poster wrote, I’m terrified that I’ll take too long to determine that it’s a situation where I need to shoot out of fear of making the wrong decision and getting sued or charged.  And if I take too long I’m in a bad place or dead.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can shoot my way out of a wet paper sack.
View Quote

I can hit the broad side of a barn, sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Good with a rifle, not so hot with a pistol
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Dunning–Kruger thread
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#17]
You ever seen a guy piss on a fire? Well have you? I am trained in everything piss related.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I have never been in a gun fight. I don’t know how well I would perform. I have done airsoft and spar fighting some.

I have shot a lot and can think under stress but one mistake and you are dead.

Plus any smart adversary will come at you from behind or use your family as leverage over you. They will be sure that there’s more of them than there are of you.

Training how to fight multiple people in a position of dominance over you from total surprise is hard to do. So is creating a situation where you are dealing with the stress of family members in danger.

Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:57:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Never underestimate your opponent.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top