User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My buddy shot an albino doe a few years ago. There is a rumer of bad luck shooting an albino, that it will be your last deer you ever kill.
View Quote
Not if they buy Albino CurseAway.  $50.00 for 4 ounces, apply once every season until you quit hunting.  Available at most sporting goods retailers.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats little Man!!

He did something that I might never do in my entire life
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Why is it illegal?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's illegal to shoot one in WI, but if it were legal, I'd shoot one. It's going to die anyways, so it might as well hang on my wall or stand in a full mount.

I know a place that raises white deer, but I don't think they are true albinos.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/DamageIncorporated/20140304_164018_zpsb6ab6210.jpg
Why is it illegal?  
Because the law is often the result of a group of politicians, often ignorant, that showed up on a particular day and voted.  Othertimes, it was the result of what happens when people get tired of arguing.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Good for him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sure I'm happy for the kid and I suspect he has not been taught any way but to use a crossbow.

I'm old school and crossbows were only able to be used by handicapped folks unless it was gun season in my state.

Now lots (if not most) folks use them since they became legal and it's cheapened archery season "bragging rights" in my eyes.

We did not allow them on our leases during archery season.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crossbow kill....Meh.

He's 11.

And from MI, too.

I assure you, in MI, the only thing anybody really has to say about that kid taking an albino buck, is about how awesome it is.

Nov. 15th is a state holiday, more or less.

Sure I'm happy for the kid and I suspect he has not been taught any way but to use a crossbow.

I'm old school and crossbows were only able to be used by handicapped folks unless it was gun season in my state.

Now lots (if not most) folks use them since they became legal and it's cheapened archery season "bragging rights" in my eyes.

We did not allow them on our leases during archery season.

If the kid used a crossbow to kill a deer, it has no effect on you hunting with a bow while standing on one leg and singing I'll be home for Christmas.

Now, if crossbow hunting popularity took off in a manner where the populations suddenly plummeted, I could see getting pissed off as crossbows are not the same as bows and your experience is screwed up.

When muzzleloading hit Virginia in the 80's, I always imagined flint locks and guys with actual powder horns and fringed buckskins.

I will be hunting at my brother in-laws in Virginia during muzzleloader season because that's when I will be visiting my parents while my sister leaves the country.  The rifle breaks open like a double shotgun, uses a shotgun primer, the bullet is a plastic tipped, copper jacketed bullet, surrounded in a plastic sabot wrap and I put a Leupold scope on it that costs more than the rifle.  There is a limit to the control a law gives.  Basically, muzzleloading season just means I spent a whole lot more money on a different set of equipment to be able to hunt a little earlier when I will be visiting Virginia before the regular season opens.  I am sure someone is offended.  I can't help them.  But I can understand a certain appeal to their beautiful rifles and kits.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Good shoot, I can't believe the comments on the website. The kid didn't nothing illegal, USA slanted the story.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe the jury has spoken........SHOOT THE WHITE BASTARDS!!!!!!

I know: thatsracist.jpg
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Think that may be an old indian belief that albino animals were sacred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My buddy shot an albino doe a few years ago. There is a rumer of bad luck shooting an albino, that it will be your last deer you ever kill.

Think that may be an old indian belief that albino animals were sacred.

Not nearly as bad luck as not getting beyond Stone Age technology or not developing a written language...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Curse the little bastard for taking that special deer! I hope he enjoys his Edgar Winter burgers!!!

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So wait... now the democrats want the white ones spared and the brown ones shot?
View Quote

Not even gonna bother reading any more of the thread. Can't get any better!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I see nothing wrong with it.

But in yupik tradition i cannot shoot anything albino.

Belief is you shoot one and someone in your family is going to die.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#13]
So,  will that be all white meat?

Saint Peter
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sent the article to buddy. He said the deer had been in the area for 3 years and his daughter in law almost ran it over last year.
He says the neighborhood is glad it's gone, apparently it had a fondness for walking the road.
View Quote

Better for it to be killed by an 11 year old, than the more common "suicide by Buick".

Deer are pretty much just giant squirrels when they get near a roadway.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, that's an awesome take.

Personally, I probably wouldn't have taken the shot, just because it'd be even more awesome if it produced more albino deer. However, good for the kid.

Hope he gets it taxidermied in full.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sorry, not in gay necrophilia.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Walt Disney
Sorry, not in gay necrophilia.

Sooooo....you are down for straight necrophilia??
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Now I want a crossbow and some venison...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Two nights in a row where I had my two cans of beers, and felt the overwhelming urge to delurk.

What are these haters on this kid going to do? Buy a gun? Muhahaha! Go and sit back in the corner being afraid of your own shadow internet haters. A pretty animal for sure, but death comes for all living beings. Better this way then alone, old, and starving to death in a really to cold winter with no food in sight due to over population imo. But what do I know?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:23:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Righteous kill.

Culled bad genes from the population & got a cool story while doing it.
View Quote

Can't beat the first post.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So wait... now the democrats want the white ones spared and the brown ones shot?
View Quote

<golfclap>

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Hope he wears his albino deer vest proudly to school
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I saw one on a hunting trip in PA, I didnt shoot it because it wasn't old enough.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if there is a way to send some congratulations to that kid.  

It sounds like he is getting torn apart by the liberal douchebags. Hopefully it doesn't make him not want to hunt again.  

It would be cool if he was able to get a massive amount of messages supporting him.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/28/opinion/navarrette-boy-who-shot-albino-deer/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thank God for your important commentary!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Completely illegal kill in Tenn although we have quite a few albinos.  I know nothing of Michigan hunting laws.

Thank God for your important commentary!

You're completely welcome!  If you read some other post this would also have been illegal in Mich. up until just very recently.  Bringing up legality was the purpose of my post.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top