BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:00:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A cigarette contains about 1 gram of tobacco. I'd say the median smoker has 20 a day.

On the other hand, the median pot smokers will smoke less than 1 gram.

Further, TSNAs are the primary carcinogens in tobacco smoke. They're tobacco specific.

That's not to say that marijuana smoke is safe, it just probably contains far less carcinogenic material.
View Quote

Right.  But at the same time it spares you from cancer, it fucks your brain up.  Most of my "old school" toking buddies have moved on from being high all the time.  The ones that didn't live very shitty lives.  They live to be high.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Right.  But at the same time it spares you from cancer, it fucks your brain up.  Most of my "old school" toking buddies have moved on from being high all the time.  The ones that didn't live very shitty lives.  They live to be high.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A cigarette contains about 1 gram of tobacco. I'd say the median smoker has 20 a day.

On the other hand, the median pot smokers will smoke less than 1 gram.

Further, TSNAs are the primary carcinogens in tobacco smoke. They're tobacco specific.

That's not to say that marijuana smoke is safe, it just probably contains far less carcinogenic material.

Wow who'd of known doing something to excess would impact one's life.  I'm shocked.

Tell me more about this reefer madness.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Help me make sense of this apparent conflict in their reasoning? What am I missing?
View Quote
Weed gets you high, that's what you're missing
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Pills=Good

Marijuana=Great!

LSD=OK

All other drugs=(wink wink, nod nod, shhhh, don't ask don't tell)

Cigarettes=The Devil!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Help me make sense of this apparent conflict in their reasoning? What am I missing?
View Quote

Because it's natural, man!  

Yeah right...double the dose of carcinogens, much thicker smoke in weed, and you tend to hold it in the lungs for longer.
Let them keep doing it.  It's the problem that solves itself.   You have hordes of unwashed douchebags who believe it cures everything from blindness
to cancer and stomach ailments as well as helping with nausea from chemotherapy.   Dumbasses.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Soil contains trace amounts of radioactive materials.  Plants are bio-accumulators, see bananas and ionizing radiation from potassium isotopes.

When smoked (MJ and tobacco, not bananas), they can do lots of damage internally.  Skin normally stops the damage.

MJ will be shown to cause cancer soon enough, so the war on weed will meet the war on pain meds and heroin.

View Quote

We have had tens of millions of people smoking tens of millions of pounds of illegal pot from uncertain origins for the last fifty years. When do you suppose we will have some clear signs that it causes cancer?
View Quote

Probably from the loads of brain-dead motherfuckers in cancer wards with no lungs left, would be my guess.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah right...double the dose of carcinogens, much thicker smoke in weed, and you tend to hold it in the lungs for longer.
Let them keep doing it.  It's the problem that solves itself.   You have hordes of unwashed douchebags who believe it cures everything from blindness
to cancer and stomach ailments as well as helping with nausea from chemotherapy.   Dumbasses.

Probably from the loads of brain-dead motherfuckers in cancer wards with no lungs left, would be my guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Soil contains trace amounts of radioactive materials.  Plants are bio-accumulators, see bananas and ionizing radiation from potassium isotopes.

When smoked (MJ and tobacco, not bananas), they can do lots of damage internally.  Skin normally stops the damage.

MJ will be shown to cause cancer soon enough, so the war on weed will meet the war on pain meds and heroin.

We have had tens of millions of people smoking tens of millions of pounds of illegal pot from uncertain origins for the last fifty years. When do you suppose we will have some clear signs that it causes cancer?

Lol.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What stereotype? And then he describes the stereotype. Pure GD goodness.
View Quote

LOL

Quite the opposite actually.  Stereotyping is making generalizations about individual members of a specific group.  An example would be "women are more caring than men".  What I am stating is how individual members claiming to be part of the same group....a political group which by all rights should have a common philosohy, direction, and agendas...appears to have very differing and even contradictory opinions amongst it's members to the point where it's laughable ironic facepalm material.  Some members want to take a hard line stance against...gasp...soda and salt.  Others say smoking pot is OK.   Mr. Ortiz, a liberal democrat, is even contradicting himself.  He wants to ban salt, he is on a committee for drug and alcohol abuse, yet he wants to lower the drinking age to 18.  It's laughable.  I would like to know his stance on Marijuana.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:41:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Milk is a gateway drug
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What killed Bob Marley?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What killed Bob Marley?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What killed Bob Marley?

Acral Lentiginous Melanoma......

Usually affects black or "darker" skinned people and has nothing to do with pot..... Unless he was smoking pot with his feet where the cancer started.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:12:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Marijuana doesn't sponsor idiotic shit like NASCAR.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pills=Good

Marijuana=Great!

LSD=OK

All other drugs=(wink wink, nod nod, shhhh, don't ask don't tell)

Cigarettes=The Devil!!!!!
View Quote

Glad to know your opinion.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's tobacco you are talking about, not marijuana.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

LOL

Quite the opposite actually.  Stereotyping is making generalizations about individual members of a specific group. An example would be "women are more caring than men".  What I am stating is how individual members claiming to be part of the same group....a political group which by all rights should have a common philosohy, direction, and agendas...appears to have very differing and even contradictory opinions amongst it's members to the point where it's laughable ironic facepalm material.  Some members want to take a hard line stance against...gasp...soda and salt.  Others say smoking pot is OK.   Mr. Ortiz, a liberal democrat, is even contradicting himself.  He wants to ban salt, he is on a committee for drug and alcohol abuse, yet he wants to lower the drinking age to 18.  It's laughable.  I would like to know his stance on Marijuana.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Quite the opposite actually.  Stereotyping is making generalizations about individual members of a specific group. An example would be "women are more caring than men".  What I am stating is how individual members claiming to be part of the same group....a political group which by all rights should have a common philosohy, direction, and agendas...appears to have very differing and even contradictory opinions amongst it's members to the point where it's laughable ironic facepalm material.  Some members want to take a hard line stance against...gasp...soda and salt.  Others say smoking pot is OK.   Mr. Ortiz, a liberal democrat, is even contradicting himself.  He wants to ban salt, he is on a committee for drug and alcohol abuse, yet he wants to lower the drinking age to 18.  It's laughable.  I would like to know his stance on Marijuana.

Yeah, like when you attribute some idea to someone and then, at the end admit that you don't know his stance on one of the things you are stereotyping about.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#15]
The word "STUPID" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vaping has also been declared as bad, despite there being many, many liberals in the vaping community.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What killed Bob Marley?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What killed Bob Marley?

the deputy avenging the sheriff?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think it's only been declared bad by the Gov and scientists who refuse to look at it without bias.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Vaping has also been declared as bad, despite there being many, many liberals in the vaping community.

I think it's only been declared bad by the Gov and scientists who refuse to look at it without bias.

No it was declared bad because the people were doing something without the .gov having their fingers in it, and the .gov can't have that.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#19]
op, get both?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#20]
One thing I have never seen is a chain smoking pot user.  Most pot users I have met burn through a dime bag over a couple weeks.  Thats a big difference in volume alone.  

Most cigar smokers I know eventually died from COPD or Emphysema versus cigarette smokers had a larger portion of lung cancer and related issues.  Probably caused by the chemicals used to treat the tobacco and paper.  

I would be interested to know if if there is any correlation between smokeless tobacco users and anyone that has used marijuana in a similar manner developing mouth cancer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

op, get both?
View Quote
That was the first thing poped in my mind when read the title

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Dumbest thing I've read all day. Try a little less foil tomorrow morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is all about control.  

It's much easier to subdue the populace when they are gakked out of their mind on dope.   Nicotine doesn't subdue.

Dumbest thing I've read all day. Try a little less foil tomorrow morning.

Sounds like a 2016 version of Reefer Madness.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Vegan/vegetarian diet = good, healthy.

Wheat bread = healthy

Gluten = Your dick flying off like a bottle rocket.

Never understood how they came to that conclusion, since we've been eating wheat bread for what... Three thousand years?

Tobacco = lung cancer

liquor = must be taxed or it's bad!

pot = no health risks whatsofuckingever. Nevermind that weed kills brain cells. Not as many as alcohol, but still.

ETA: Their reasoning is shit, and based solely on their 'feelz.' Remember that, and you will understand why they say the things they do.
View Quote

And how long have we been genetically modifying wheat? Hint: Around the same time Gluten intolerance started exploding in our population...hmmm wonder why that is? I wonder if people who have problems with our wheat are less affected by wheat grown outside of Monsanto's reach.

"Just a decade ago, gluten-intolerance levels were at 1 in 2500 worldwide. Today, it’s at 1 in 133.

According to research posted at the Weston A Price Foundation’s website, modern wheat varieties are wildly different than more traditional varieties. In short, modern wheat is simply not the same plant it used to be.

I believe that this, along with our recent and dramatic increases in improperly prepared grain consumption, is what has led to the rise in levels of gluten-intolerance. Gluten-free diets aren’t simply fads; they’re coping mechanisms."
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Smoking is not good for you no matter what it is.  You can make the argument that pot smoke inst as toxic as cigarette smoke but that's a pretty stupid argument.  They are both bad for you.

ETA:  What im saying is that inhaling smoke isn't good for you.  If someone wants to do pot there are other ways to do it that isn't as bad for you.  You could eat it, etc.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, like when you attribute some idea to someone and then, at the end admit that you don't know his stance on one of the things you are stereotyping about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

So far the only thing you have done is made an assumption...a very incorrect assumption that I am referring to one individual with the use of the word "they"...which in itself means multiple individuals.  I've made several attempts to spell this out to you in plain fucking English, but yet you keep clinging to this idea that I am talking about a single person. I'm not going to start drawing stick figures in crayon to help you over your mental hurdle.  You've wasted enough of my time already.  

If it bothers you that someone is ridiculing the hypocrisy within your political affiliation, go back to DU and have yourself a nice rigorous circle jerk.  I'm sure you'll feel much better afterwards.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Super High Me is a fantastic documentary detailing the effects of marijuana on an individual.

And stuff. Man.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And how long have we been genetically modifying wheat? Hint: Around the same time Gluten intolerance started exploding in our population...hmmm wonder why that is? I wonder if people who have problems with our wheat are less affected by wheat grown outside of Monsanto's reach.

"Just a decade ago, gluten-intolerance levels were at 1 in 2500 worldwide. Today, it’s at 1 in 133.

According to research posted at the Weston A Price Foundation’s website, modern wheat varieties are wildly different than more traditional varieties. In short, modern wheat is simply not the same plant it used to be.

I believe that this, along with our recent and dramatic increases in improperly prepared grain consumption, is what has led to the rise in levels of gluten-intolerance. Gluten-free diets aren’t simply fads; they’re coping mechanisms."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vegan/vegetarian diet = good, healthy.

Wheat bread = healthy

Gluten = Your dick flying off like a bottle rocket.

Never understood how they came to that conclusion, since we've been eating wheat bread for what... Three thousand years?

Tobacco = lung cancer

liquor = must be taxed or it's bad!

pot = no health risks whatsofuckingever. Nevermind that weed kills brain cells. Not as many as alcohol, but still.

ETA: Their reasoning is shit, and based solely on their 'feelz.' Remember that, and you will understand why they say the things they do.

yes they are, gluten intolerance is a crock of shit (legitimate celiacs notwithstanding)
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So far the only thing you have done is made an assumption...a very incorrect assumption that I am referring to one individual with the use of the word "they"...which in itself means multiple individuals.  I've made several attempts to spell this out to you in plain fucking English, but yet you keep clinging to this idea that I am talking about a single person. I'm not going to start drawing stick figures in crayon to help you over your mental hurdle.  You've wasted enough of my time already.  

If it bothers you that someone is ridiculing the hypocrisy within your political affiliation, go back to DU and have yourself a nice rigorous circle jerk.  I'm sure you'll feel much better afterwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

ster·e·o·type
'stere??tip/Submit
noun
a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.
"the stereotype of the woman as the carer"
synonyms:standard/conventional image, received idea, cliché, hackneyed idea, formula
"the stereotype of the rancher"

Like, for instance, the idea that anyone who disagrees with you, or knows what "stereotype" means, must be a liberal and a DU plant.

Thanks for demonstrating my point.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One thing I have never seen is a chain smoking pot user.  Most pot users I have met burn through a dime bag over a couple weeks.  Thats a big difference in volume alone.  

Most cigar smokers I know eventually died from COPD or Emphysema versus cigarette smokers had a larger portion of lung cancer and related issues.  Probably caused by the chemicals used to treat the tobacco and paper.  

I would be interested to know if if there is any correlation between smokeless tobacco users and anyone that has used marijuana in a similar manner developing mouth cancer.
View Quote

I have seen a number of chain smoking pot users. None of them have any lung problems, AFAIK.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Smoking is not good for you no matter what it is.  You can make the argument that pot smoke inst as toxic as cigarette smoke but that's a pretty stupid argument.  They are both bad for you.

ETA:  What im saying is that inhaling smoke isn't good for you.  If someone wants to do pot there are other ways to do it that isn't as bad for you.  You could eat it, etc.
View Quote

I would suggest that differentiating degrees of harm is an incredibly useful mechanism, particularly in debate.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ster·e·o·type
'stere??tip/Submit
noun
a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.
synonyms:standard/conventional image, received idea, cliché, hackneyed idea, formula

Like, for instance, the idea that anyone who disagrees with you, or knows what "stereotype" means, must be a liberal and a DU plant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

ster·e·o·type
'stere??tip/Submit
noun

Stop trying to teach that pig to whistle.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I would suggest that differentiating degrees of harm is an incredibly useful mechanism, particularly in debate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Particularly when tobacco is credited with 400,000 kills per year, as opposed to . . . .
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Stop trying to teach that pig to whistle.
View Quote

I have heard that some people have taught dogs to drive. Just sayin', there is always hope.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Why would anyone willingly put smoke into their lungs?

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why would anyone willingly put smoke into their lungs?

View Quote

Because it's an effective way to *also* get the other stuff to go in there at the same time?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vaping is a community now? How long until they are a protected class?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Usually affects black or "darker" skinned people and has nothing to do with pot..... Unless he was smoking pot with his feet where the cancer started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What killed Bob Marley?

Yet if a tobacco smoker got the same cancer many on here would be first in line to blame tobacco. lol

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any activity has a "community." Whether it's gaming, sport shooting, hunting, camping, jogging, swinging, whatever...

If you can do it, there's people who make it a hobby. If it's a hobby, it *has* a "community."
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yet if a tobacco smoker got the same cancer many on here would be first in line to blame tobacco. lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What killed Bob Marley?

People are wrong about lots of shit, all the time....
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, it's bad - unless you have a democrat president who smokes, and lies about it.  

Then all the anti-smoking activists seem to STFU real quick.  

Seen Rob Reiner (the meathead) around lately railing about it?  

hmm?

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I often wondered this too.

"Hey man have a slice of pizza."
"OMFG NO ITS NOT GMO FREE!!! IT CAUSES CANCER!!!"

"Hey man, pop this pill"
"What is it?"
"I dunno"
"give me 3."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is interesting that liberals want people to be "free" to smoke weed, but not tobacco.  

I often wondered this too.

"Hey man have a slice of pizza."
"OMFG NO ITS NOT GMO FREE!!! IT CAUSES CANCER!!!"

"Hey man, pop this pill"
"What is it?"
"I dunno"
"give me 3."

Dude I do not get it at all either. I get yelled at for destroying my body because I like to eat food like a fattie. They take mind altering drugs though and that's perfectly ok and totally their choice so I should just fuck off and mind my own business.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Tobacco is controlled by giant corporations man, and they sit in their corporation buildings, acting all corporationy, and then they make money man.

Pot is natural man, it's for the people.
View Quote

Liberals hate profit more than anything.  If weed ever becomes corporate, liberals will complain about it too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Simply put... You can't fix Stupid.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What killed Bob Marley?

Many on here are stupid and let feels get in the way of logic.

ARF: Stop liking what I don't like! Ban what I don't like!
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Who, specifically, do you mean by they? Got some names?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like how they want to outlaw cooking with salt and sodas >20 oz, but legalize pot.  

I heard that GKH98 dude does.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#47]
How about everyone is free to smoke whatever the fuck they want?

You wanna smoke pot - go for it
You wanna smoke cigarettes - go for it
You wanna smoke bed bugs - go for it
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hey, marijuana is natural, how could it be bad for you?

Not like tobacc...

Never mind.

Hey, do you think your mom has any more chips upstairs?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I don't think it's argued that the tobacco is the worst part of the cigarette...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
From what I see by my liberal friends, Cannabis, in any form can cure everything and anything. It's medically proven to cure all diseases or aid in getting the nasty diseases in the first place. It is also proven to be 100% successful in the prevention and curing of cancer.

Just ask Bob Marley.
View Quote

Yep, a cure all.  But it has to be smoked as I was informed, the oil can be bad or refining it into medicine.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like how they want to outlaw cooking with salt and sodas >20 oz, but legalize pot.  

Get your hearing checked.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top