User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why would anyone willingly put smoke into their lungs?

View Quote

I have heard rumors that some people find it pleasurable. I know, that is hard to believe. Why would anyone do anything that feels good?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ster·e·o·type
'stere??tip/Submit
noun
a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.
"the stereotype of the woman as the carer"
synonyms:standard/conventional image, received idea, cliché, hackneyed idea, formula
"the stereotype of the rancher"

Like, for instance, the idea that anyone who disagrees with you, or knows what "stereotype" means, must be a liberal and a DU plant.

Thanks for demonstrating my point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What stereotype? And then he describes the stereotype. Pure GD goodness.

LOL

Quite the opposite actually.  Stereotyping is making generalizations about individual members of a specific group. An example would be "women are more caring than men".  What I am stating is how individual members claiming to be part of the same group....a political group which by all rights should have a common philosohy, direction, and agendas...appears to have very differing and even contradictory opinions amongst it's members to the point where it's laughable ironic facepalm material.  Some members want to take a hard line stance against...gasp...soda and salt.  Others say smoking pot is OK.   Mr. Ortiz, a liberal democrat, is even contradicting himself.  He wants to ban salt, he is on a committee for drug and alcohol abuse, yet he wants to lower the drinking age to 18.  It's laughable.  I would like to know his stance on Marijuana.

Yeah, like when you attribute some idea to someone and then, at the end admit that you don't know his stance on one of the things you are stereotyping about.

So far the only thing you have done is made an assumption...a very incorrect assumption that I am referring to one individual with the use of the word "they"...which in itself means multiple individuals.  I've made several attempts to spell this out to you in plain fucking English, but yet you keep clinging to this idea that I am talking about a single person. I'm not going to start drawing stick figures in crayon to help you over your mental hurdle.  You've wasted enough of my time already.  

If it bothers you that someone is ridiculing the hypocrisy within your political affiliation, go back to DU and have yourself a nice rigorous circle jerk.  I'm sure you'll feel much better afterwards.

ster·e·o·type
'stere??tip/Submit
noun
a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.
"the stereotype of the woman as the carer"
synonyms:standard/conventional image, received idea, cliché, hackneyed idea, formula
"the stereotype of the rancher"

Like, for instance, the idea that anyone who disagrees with you, or knows what "stereotype" means, must be a liberal and a DU plant.

Thanks for demonstrating my point.

You haven't made a point.  You haven't even taken stance on anything.  I haven't either for that matter.  The only thing you have done is attack me by 1) making false assumptions, 2) making a feeble attempt to criticize me for pointing out the comical hypocrisy displayed within the ranks of liberal democrats by schitzoprenically bouncing back and forth between your false assumption and an unfounded accusation of stereotyping, and 3) display either acute ignorance or a dramatic failure in reading comprehension.  

Since you attacked me for pointing out said hypocrisy, there are only two possible conclusions:  You are taking offense because you are a liberal dem, or you just looking to start an argument for no apparent reason.  Neither is appealing, but I am banking on the former.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Stop trying to teach that pig to whistle.
View Quote

So now you've devolved to personal attacks.  

Stay classy.  

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dude I do not get it at all either. I get yelled at for destroying my body because I like to eat food like a fattie. They take mind altering drugs though and that's perfectly ok and totally their choice so I should just fuck off and mind my own business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is interesting that liberals want people to be "free" to smoke weed, but not tobacco.  

I often wondered this too.

"Hey man have a slice of pizza."
"OMFG NO ITS NOT GMO FREE!!! IT CAUSES CANCER!!!"

"Hey man, pop this pill"
"What is it?"
"I dunno"
"give me 3."

Dude I do not get it at all either. I get yelled at for destroying my body because I like to eat food like a fattie. They take mind altering drugs though and that's perfectly ok and totally their choice so I should just fuck off and mind my own business.

This. Honestly I don't give a fuck, cause it don't affect me at all. Just find it interesting.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top