BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you! I really enjoyed that one, particularly their logging work. I think I read most of the books but only saw like 2 episodes; didn't her Dad put a blanket in the otherwise open door frame once because he was worried about bears?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read the books.  We did, as a family, read them aloud while sitting outside in the winter in front of a fire.

Didn't the daughter marry a guy from northern Wisconsin and write about his childhood or am I mixing things up? Hopefully I'm not stirring in The Great Brain or something.

Yes, that one was called Farmer Boy and it was indeed about Almanzo Wilder's childhood. I didn't read all of Laura Ingalls Wilder's book but that one was my favorite.

Thank you! I really enjoyed that one, particularly their logging work. I think I read most of the books but only saw like 2 episodes; didn't her Dad put a blanket in the otherwise open door frame once because he was worried about bears?

What I liked was how vivid the descriptions of his daily life were in the book. What he ate, the clothes he wore, his daily chores, everything.  It was very detailed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Any TV show, book, or movie that accurately depicts life back in that era is going to be a little depressing.

For all it's faults, modern medicine is quite amazing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#3]
This is an interesting thread. I was born in ‘70 so it was on prime time when I was a kid. I never watched it as a kid. Maybe 5 minutes here or there when my sister had it on. I was more interested in Hogan’s Heroes, Jonny Quest and Magnum PI when it came out in ‘80.

However, my 13 year old daughter watched the entire series over the past year on DVD. I cannot stand the opening and closing theme song!!! We watched many of the shows as a family. Unfortunately, the plots would never be seen on today’s DEI/libtard propaganda. The fact that they are a Christian family with traditional values is considered evil today. The acting was decent. It showed that life in the late 1800’s wasn’t a picnic.

Overall great show. (especially for pre-teens to watch today to square them away)

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I thought Almonzo grew up in NY somewhere?

I'd like to believe if I lived back then I'd understand the value of an established community and work to make it better instead of heading off into an inhospitable wilderness.  Think how much easier their lives would have been if they just waited a few more decades before trying to live there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Read the books.  We did, as a family, read them aloud while sitting outside in the winter in front of a fire.

Didn't the daughter marry a guy from northern Wisconsin and write about his childhood or am I mixing things up? Hopefully I'm not stirring in The Great Brain or something.

Yes, that one was called Farmer Boy and it was indeed about Almanzo Wilder's childhood. I didn't read all of Laura Ingalls Wilder's book but that one was my favorite.

I'd like to believe if I lived back then I'd understand the value of an established community and work to make it better instead of heading off into an inhospitable wilderness.  Think how much easier their lives would have been if they just waited a few more decades before trying to live there?

Yes, he did. But Farmer Boy is just about his childhood on the farm and growing up there, his family didn't move anywhere in the book.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I rewatched some of the old episodes of Fantasy Island. Didn't realize it was that dark. Always remembered it as some sort of comedy with Tattoo and all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_purge

Not to be reddit, because this predates my time and no one I know noticed, but they didn't notice a lot of shit

Sounds like something reflecting reality, for better or worse
View Quote

I remember reading about this, the media bastards have been trying to reprogram their audience for decades.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Read "The Worst Hard Time" by Timothy Egan.
Most of us realize the Depression sucked, but it will really drive home how bad it was.

I don't recall thinking Pa was a fuck up when I read the books, more that the poor bastard couldn't catch a break.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My parents were children of the depression and they were tough, resourceful and frugal survivors . I think that  Americans today  are obviously weaker in many ways than our forefathers.  I believe we will not survive our next world war.
View Quote
the merican draft for WWIII is gonna be epic.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I rewatched some of the old episodes of Fantasy Island. Didn't realize it was that dark. Always remembered it as some sort of comedy with Tattoo and all.
View Quote

There was some episodes with light heartiness but yes it could be dark.   Alot of the show  was about morality tales
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, he did. But Farmer Boy is just about his childhood on the farm and growing up there, his family didn't move anywhere in the book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By far my favorite book of the series, it really illustrates the difference in quality of life compared to the pioneers.  I can't imagine why he wanted to leave that and go somewhere else.  

I think the major mistake of the pioneers was trying to pursue crop agriculture. If they had just centered their lives around raising herd animals life would have been much easier.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]
My Grandparents and uncles were depression era folk. My paternal grand parents were born in the 19th and early 20th century. Married in 1920. They were from Texas and Oklahoma area. They had a farm, grandma was pregnant every year or from about 1922-1945.  11 children made it adulthood. All but two served in WWII or Korea. Life was hard. My dad and his brother were the last two born-in 1943 and 1945.

My maternal grand parents were born in New Mexico and Arizona in 1920/21. My grand father and his brother joined the Army at 15/16 ish years old to give the family a break in 1936/37 time frame. Times were hard until 1942 or so.

My wife’s father who died during Covid at 85/87 was a depression era kid. Life was indeed hard. They were also a farm family from Texas. They also had a big family, several brothers and sisters died in childhood. It was part and parcel for the times.

They didn’t get running or electricity until the late 50’s or early 60’s. The pictures of the families from the depression show malnutrition, skinny ass kids who were working from sun up until sun down. The whole family picked cotton, and when they weren’t working their own farm, they were working on someone else’s. My wife’s father and brother rode horses to school.

The communities they grew up have pretty many ch withered away. Most folks left in the 40,s 50’s and 60’s. The towns were like 12,000-15,000 people. Now they are more like 2500 people.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't recall thinking Pa was a fuck up when I read the books, more that the poor bastard couldn't catch a break.
View Quote
Which was (and is) fairly common. My mom's side of the family has been in Maine going back to before the Revolution. They were pious, God fearing folks that worked hard as farmers and lumberjacks. Going back through the genealogy, most never got ahead in life. They worked like dogs, faithfully attended church, suffered many hardships, remained good folk and raised good families but prosperity always seemed to escape them.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I was born at the end of The Civil War. That girl had it easy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
the merican draft for WWIII is gonna be epic.
View Quote

The will have to go back to 'beating people in the head' to knock some sense into them again, as my father once said.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Every "civilization" has their achievements that usually improve upon the hardships they confronted and it's relative to the culture. It's really not that unique. They didn't do anything really special that others who settled other regions around the globe did and mocked (and worse) the indigenous inhabitants that they displaced while doing it.
View Quote

Grossly uninformed take on history. Ancient Greece, the Roman Republic, the British Empire, and America are true exceptions. For your homework assignment, please compare and contrast the "achievements" of the Zulu Empire, the Comanche, any two consecutive Chinese Dynasties, the Mongolian Empire, the Assyrian Empire, the Dutch Empire, etc, etc, etc with the four examples listed. Even with those three as benchmarks, you can find examples of American Exceptionalism throughout. For every "Well akchually" you can come up with about America, anyone who takes the time can deluge it with exceptions.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A more realistic version would probably be worse.
View Quote

First post nailed it.  Life was brutal back then.  You are used to essentially seeing Walt Disney versions of the west, where everything turns out hunky dory.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#20]
A more realistic western than most except for the story lines forced by the studios to forward an agenda. Couldn't stand Little House or the Walton's when I was a kid, watched and appreciated the shows later when I was older.

One of the best episodes is when Laura meets Ernest Borgnine up on a mountain.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My mom washed and hung laundry the day after delivering a baby.  She washed in a wringer washing machine.

Dad was at work in his business.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last year, I shot some trap with some old timers.  One guy said it was his mom or grandmother who gave birth at say noon .inside their farmhouse.

A steam locomotive rolled by and spewed hot embers on their corn crop.

She was out there at 3PM trying to put out the fire.

Yeah, yeah, I know it sounds so much like one of those "I walked two miles to school each way, in the snow, and it was uphill both ways."

But then I watched Memphis Belle last night .

B-17's during the daylight .

At 36,000 feet where its -20*F .

In an unpressurized aircraft .

To be sitting ducks for Messerschmitts .

And they had to do it 25 times.

Those people were cut from a different cloth.

My mom washed and hung laundry the day after delivering a baby.  She washed in a wringer washing machine.

Dad was at work in his business.

I still use a wringer washer. No birthing babies for me, though. ??
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Life on the frontier was unforgiving
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Double
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

By far my favorite book of the series, it really illustrates the difference in quality of life compared to the pioneers.  I can't imagine why he wanted to leave that and go somewhere else.  

I think the major mistake of the pioneers was trying to pursue crop agriculture. If they had just centered their lives around raising herd animals life would have been much easier.
View Quote

LOL.  Cows require horses, which require Tack and grain.  Even Randalph Scott could not herd cows by himself.  So, you would need cowboys that have to be paid/fed/housed.  That is a lot of infrastructure/cost for a dirt-poor pioneer.  Compared to a mule, a plow and a box of seed.

Sheep you say?  The cowboys would slaughter your sheep and you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Joe Biden was there

He was one of the original settlers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It appeared to me that the Wilders were fairly wealthy, while the Ingalls never made it much past hand to mouth, even before their pioneering days in the Big Woods.  I inagine they just never had the capital to obtain herd animals, while the Wilders had sheep for wool, bred Morgan horses, etc in addition to the agriculture of the farm - potatoes, corn, etc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This show definitely makes you think about medicine advancement and societal downfall. 100%.
View Quote

Yet people here want a SHFT scenario because they have a stockpile of ammo and Mountain House.  What they don't have is a stock pile of their medication, contacts, glasses, cleaners, sanitizers...etc.  The country would revert to LHOTP days in short order with the only difference being people could go on raids to get a few items.  However, we have seen during covid days and just regular bad winter weather days the grocery stores can be picked clean in about 24 hours.  Our whole economy is real time supply on demand now instead of businesses holding large quantities of products.  If the transportation network gets shut down everything is done.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

LOL.  Cows require horses, which require Tack and grain.  Even Randalph Scott could not herd cows by himself.  So, you would need cowboys that have to be paid/fed/housed.  That is a lot of infrastructure/cost for a dirt-poor pioneer.  Compared to a mule, a plow and a box of seed.

Sheep you say?  The cowboys would slaughter your sheep and you.
View Quote
You forgot it also takes a shit load of land (and access to water). Most homesteaders didn't get much land to work with.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The worst part of the entire series was this bitch alive at the end of it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506899/bitch-3223790.jpg
View Quote
Wasn't she the original Jamie Lannister?  Started off an awful person but actually redeemed herself towards the end of the show?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I read recently that in real life she is a very nice and good person, on the show i wished her to die many times.
View Quote

Yeah, but who'd you rather fuck. Nelly Olson or the one that went fuckin blind?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Gen Z and millennials have it harder. Have you seen home prices and the price of Starbucks?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lots of kids died early.  That was the primary driver of shorter life expectancy back then.  A walk through the older section of a cemetery in a prairie town is an eye opener.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't forget Mary going blind.
Unlike the TV series she didn't get married or become a teacher.
One of the boys died less than a year old.

Lots of kids died early.  That was the primary driver of shorter life expectancy back then.  A walk through the older section of a cemetery in a prairie town is an eye opener.

One of my high school classes had a government day where we went to the county courthouse and learned about various departments. The clerk of court opened the registry of deaths book from the late 1800s.
Entire families of 10 were listed on the same day.

I was struck by the number of asthma deaths. Apparently if you had trouble breathing before dying, it was asthma, even though it might be lung cancer.  Lots of TB, cholera deaths.

One of the local families first settled in the area and lived in a dugout cave in the side of a hill until they could afford to build a house for the family with 12 kids.
3 of the kids died in separate incidents, all struck by lightning..
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Which was (and is) fairly common. My mom's side of the family has been in Maine going back to before the Revolution. They were pious, God fearing folks that worked hard as farmers and lumberjacks. Going back through the genealogy, most never got ahead in life. They worked like dogs, faithfully attended church, suffered many hardships, remained good folk and raised good families but prosperity always seemed to escape them.

View Quote

The way the world has always been I suspect.
Unfortunately, our current societal obsession with materialism doesn't square with that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

#metoo

I dreaded when she was in an episode...
but that was nothing like the pure hatred I have for Dr. Smith in Lost In Space...
but thats a story for a different thread.

I've read most of LIW books; they're not bad;
they're an inside look at the way things were back then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read recently that in real life she is a very nice and good person, on the show i wished her to die many times.

I think everyone did.

#metoo

I dreaded when she was in an episode...
but that was nothing like the pure hatred I have for Dr. Smith in Lost In Space...
but thats a story for a different thread.

I've read most of LIW books; they're not bad;
they're an inside look at the way things were back then.

Some actors play their roles too well. I cant watch those two actors in any other role without an immediate dislike.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Fav ep was when Albert got hooked on dope and was puking from w/d's..
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What I liked was how vivid the descriptions of his daily life were in the book. What he ate, the clothes he wore, his daily chores, everything.  It was very detailed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a muzzleloader kit for Christmas one year. I already knew how to load and shoot it from reading the books.

Making sugar and syrup (and snow cones) from sap in LHITBW. Details of the different types of hinges their houses had-including the process of  making wooden hinges. Ma using carrots to give butter a golden color during the winter. Her mind was like a steel trap
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

100 years old and still sh*tposting, that is amazing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was born in the depression and we were happy with didn't live in our heros time, Buffalo Bill.   Be GD glad we got what we got now because I remember my kids watching that show and telling them that was half as hard as it really was.

100 years old and still sh*tposting, that is amazing

Math is a skill not everyone can master.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kind of amusing because Michael Landon played the kind, loving dad but was rude, crude and had multiple affairs IRL.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People moved around for all kinds of hairbrained ideas  

I still question why my GG grandfather moved the family from Coryell Co Texas which is beautiful to Wheeler Co. They lived in a dugout before moving closer to town. I do probably understand why they moved from Bell Co Georgia at the end of the CW.

At one point they’d moved out to Artesia NM though I forget when that fit in in the timeline.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Might have to watch it for nostalgia.  

I don’t remember much about it except at church they always sang that “bringing in the sheeves” song. As a kid I thought they were saying ‘cheese’.  Had no idea this was something about harvesting grain crops.

The church was the worst part of the show. TERRIBLE humanistic sub-biblical theology.

I love the show but cringe at the theology taught within it.

Never watched the show so dunno what the church scenes were like. I do know in the book, the Ingalls were OLD school when it came to religion. They walked to church on Sunday rather than hitch a wagon. They ate cold food that day- because all of those things were considered “work”
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#40]
My grandmother had to go live with family because her parents died in the 1918 flue epidemic. My grandfather was was shot in the head by his brother and survived. Grew up partially paralyzed, especially his right arm. He openly discriminated against, losing his job at a bus terminal because people did not want to see a cripple working and handling their bags.

On my father's side, he grew up dirt poor because his dad used to drink all his money away. His dad died when my dad was 16, leaving nothing and my dad had to take a lot of responsibility on as the oldest with 3 little brothers. The youngest drown on a fishing trip at age 12.

Life was harder back then.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't have midget strippers where he started out. Had to move to Mn. to satisfy his short eyes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Kinda reminds me, has anyone seen Him post in a while.
View Quote

For some reason I am thinking that he got banned.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's streaming on Prime.

I watched it all the time as a kid so I figured I'd watch it and recapture some of my youth.  I'm mid way into season 1 and don't remember a single episode yet, but damn this show has some depressing themes.

- baby died
- half the town died of Typhus
- dog dead
- abused son in coma
- crops ruined, life over

Just terrible.  With that said, it makes me wish I made my sons do more around the house, spoiled brats.
View Quote

Pre industrial revolution, farming revolution, and before antibiotics...

Let's put it this way.

I have read that there were long times in places where just born children were not named and were referred to as "Our little visitors."

The number of live births you had to have to get a child that reached childhood was staggering.

Death and grief were companion that never really went away.

We are incredibly odd. We hide from death and suffering and act as if they don't exist.

I some ways I think we are very much like children regarding both of those topics compared to those in the past - not because they were better, but because they were forced to learn to live with it on a nigh daily basis.

Some of the most childish and irrational behavior I have seen from fully grown adults was while I was in hospice and hospital with family.

It's surreal.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Life sucked back then.  My mom was born in 1913. The oldest of 13 kids that lived past early childhood.  She grew up on a farm. No electricity or indoor plumbing. Cars, tractors, and such were for rich people. Even though they grew/raised their own food there were times when you got little to eat. Lard sandwiches were common for a packed lunch when working or going to school. Since mom was the oldest she had to take care of her younger siblings, clean the house, and cook in addition to farm work. Clothes were patched up hand-me-downs or homemade. Shoes (if you had them) were only worn on special occasions (except for winter) so they weren’t worn out.

As soon as you were old enough to walk and follow directions you were put to work.  And it only got harder as you got older. When the work was done on the farm the kids would be rented out to the neighboring farms to work. All money was brought back to mom or dad.  There better not be a penny missing. Mom only went to school through the 3rd grade.  Dad (born in 1927. Another farm kid. Only child so even more work) made it through the 8th grade.  

When I was a boy we’d spend time on my paternal grandfather’s farm where my dad grew up. We’d be put to work but nowhere near as hard as my parents did at the same age. Still no electricity or indoor plumbing on the farm at that point. Kerosene lamps for light. They weren’t lit long because it cost money and grandpa was a cheapskate (per my dad). Wood burning stoves for heat and cooking. I loved being on the farm when I was a kid. The shine was knocked off that experience the older I got. I understand why dad got away from there as soon as he could.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I used to hear people talk about picking cotton, and my late father was born in 36 and his father was a Baptist preacher and sharecropper in rural Alabama........they were poor and had it pretty tough as well. We never passed a field with cotton that he didn't tell me that looking at it made his back hurt..

The kids today would have never survived what they went through
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Let's put it this way.

I have read that there were long times in places where just born children were not named and were referred to as "Our little visitors."

The number of live births you had to have to get a child that reached childhood was staggering.

We are incredibly odd. We hide from death and suffering and act as if they don't exist.

I some ways I think we are very much like children regarding both of those topics compared to those in the past - not because they were better, but because they were forced to learn to live with it on a nigh daily basis.

Some of the most childish and irrational behavior I have seen from fully grown adults was while I was in hospice and hospital with family.

It's surreal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's streaming on Prime.

I watched it all the time as a kid so I figured I'd watch it and recapture some of my youth.  I'm mid way into season 1 and don't remember a single episode yet, but damn this show has some depressing themes.

- baby died
- half the town died of Typhus
- dog dead
- abused son in coma
- crops ruined, life over

Just terrible.  With that said, it makes me wish I made my sons do more around the house, spoiled brats.

Let's put it this way.

It's surreal.

Naming children up until after a certain age wasn’t uncommon. Plenty of old headstones for newborns or infants simply read “infant son/daughter of __________” or just had a lamb. My G grandparents have 2 of those in their little plot
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

She just needed a man with a strong pimp hand.
My man Percival DDalton showed up and made her come correct.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

People here pine for the "better days of old".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRXk74BCp-Q
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A more realistic version would probably be worse.

That's pretty much how the books were.

People here pine for the "better days of old".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRXk74BCp-Q

It's ignorant to not realize that some things were better back than.

How hard could you be tracked and gamed before the internet vs after?

Before the telegraph or after?

Yesterday's better was bad when it was lived, but in some ways it was meangfully better.

-------------------------

In other ways, it was horribly worse.
https://bigthink.com/health/child-mortality-progress/
Key Takeaways

Just 200 years ago, 40% of children perished before the age of five. As Bill Bryson wrote, “The world before the modern era was overwhelmingly a place of tiny coffins.” Today, the child mortality rate is 3.7%. The collapse in child mortality rates is a testament to the tremendous benefits of scientific, technological, and economic progress.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's kind of amusing because Michael Landon played the kind, loving dad but was rude, crude and had multiple affairs IRL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It turns out he was a much better actor than people gave him credit for
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top