Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 87
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are we both talking about the same thing? 

Is this what may be linked to a wrong ID?
https://i.imgur.com/qrF7h49.png
View Quote
Look at the time stamp.

Go look at the thread for that time period here. (Better yet, read entire threads, don't just jump in.)

For a while, the locals, ASSUMED and then TOLD people it was one guy. The guy with bandito connections who lived there who had a long rap sheet. Dave Craw or something like that.

The FB post is probably real, but was based on INFORMATION THAT WAS WRONG.

Stop posting it, 5 hours after it got debunked.  Cant' find it because the chick realized it was wrong and deleted it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's how I see it too. It's like we have to have a team outside monitoring... way before a shooter can get to the actual group of people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An interesting angle to the whole issue of concealed carry in churches....

I read an article last night that said he started shooting from outside the church.  If reported correctly, he did a couple of magazines from the outside in and then he went in to continue shooting.

If true, no CCW would have had an impact.  That is kind of scary because our Church is very similar in style and I sit just inside the front doors doing the sound board and video monitors.  If attacked similarly, there might not be much in the way of protection for me.
That's how I see it too. It's like we have to have a team outside monitoring... way before a shooter can get to the actual group of people.
I have a bank of four cameras that I watch, so I would see him coming.  I've thought through the scenarios of shooting from cover assuming that the shooter would walk through the front door.  I really do not have a good answer for someone shooting through the outside.

I'm not sure that anyone in our Church would have a good place to hide.  Unfortunately, like Las Vegas, this might have discovered a new tactic.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bitch has been there how long?

she had plenty of time to "do something"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hmm...should we allow massacres or not, tough decision.
Bitch has been there how long?

she had plenty of time to "do something"
Sounds like a neighbor grabbed his AR and did DO something.    

Thank God for that guy and his access to the proper weapon for the job or it sounds like whack job Airedale was off to find another church to shoot up.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, both. Thank you, gentlemen. Put him out of our misery... for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank Aimless too. 
Yes, both. Thank you, gentlemen. Put him out of our misery... for now.
And now that I'm caught up.....
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a bank of four cameras that I watch, so I would see him coming.  I've thought through the scenarios of shooting from cover assuming that the shooter would walk through the front door.  I really do not have a good answer for someone shooting through the outside.

I'm not sure that anyone in our Church would have a good place to hide.  Unfortunately, like Las Vegas, this might have discovered a new tactic.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Nobody cares what that racist asshole says.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I believe the issue is not being mean to Nazis nor killing them. the issue is that in this case a "nazi" is at best half the country that voted for Trump and at worst anyone who disagree with antifa even leftists that aren't extreme enough and don't think there 87 genders.

"Nazis" in this case are the "thems" in the us vs them to antifa and anyone not in lock step agreement is a them
View Quote
In this country, we use due process.

Not a mob.  It doesn't matter what "they" think the "other guy" did, is, or thinks.  "They" don't get to fucking act on it without due process.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't know about all churches in this area, but I do know ours has security stationed at entrances and outside, they have training and are armed.

One of the bigger churches in the area has a pretty large team of trained and armed church members who actively patrol outside during services, and are posted at entrances. Very good chance an intruder would be ventilated before gaining entrance to either facility.

Sad times we live in..
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So have they figured out how he was able to buy his gun with a DV conviction on his record?
View Quote
There technically is no “DV” charge in the UCMJ.  It most likely was just reported as an assault/battery with no other identifiers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Obama you (insert long profanity laced obscene rant here).  

We don't have to reinvent the wheel.  Ironically, Israel continues to provide the answers but this is a situation that no one in my lifetime wanted to see or experience.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I carry every Sunday at Church.  Our church experienced a shooting 18 years ago.  As I sit in my pew, I regularly think about how I would react if a shooter entered our Sanctuary.  There really isn't much protection for anybody in a Church Sanctuary.  we dont have armed security,  but there are several off duty cops and a hand full of other members that I know of that carry regularly
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So any news if he actually killed his wife and kids first?
View Quote
No.

Different guy's wife and kid were there.  For a while, the internet had fingered the wrong guy.  HIS (the wrong guy) wife and kid might have been there.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I've skipped a few pages , so I'm not sure if this has been posted .

Possible Motive ?

Kelley’s mother-in-law, Michelle Shields, is understood to be a parishioner at the First Baptist Church
and was friends on social media with First Baptist Pastor Frank Pomeroy and his wife.
View Quote
From this page UK News paper
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shit DOES happen in a free society. Fuck more laws or the suggestion of more laws to prevent the unstoppable!!!
View Quote
Exactly. We have way too many laws on the books now.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Fox and Friends just said he died of a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I carry every Sunday at Church.  Our church experienced a shooting 18 years ago.  As I sit in my pew, I regularly think about how I would react if a shooter entered our Sanctuary.  There really isn't much protection for anybody in a Church Sanctuary.  we dont have armed security,  but there are several off duty cops and a hand full of other members that I know of that carry regularly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm armed with a P229 and an extra mag but not sure it would helped much if attacked like this.  I too roll through scenarios, now I have another to think no through.

I had two members ask me about getting someone armed up Sunday night.  One asked if I had a permit and could start carrying.  The other asked if I still brought my gun (he's a bit of a clown).  I was wearing my pistol as they both talked to me which means I must hide it well.

I'd love to build a hidden cubbies in my soundroom for an AR15 but not sure everone would go for that.  I'm still shocked the pastor went for arming a few people inside the church at all.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Really you have no basis for saying that.
View Quote
Okie dokie
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm armed with a P229 and an extra mag but not sure it would helped much if attacked like this.  I too roll through scenarios, now I have another to think no through.

I had two members ask me about getting someone armed up Sunday night.  One asked if I had a permit and could start carrying.  The other asked if I still brought my gun (he's a bit of a clown).  I was wearing my pistol as they both talked to me which means I must hide it well.

I'd love to build a hidden cubbies in my soundroom for an AR15 but not sure everone would go for that.  I'm still shocked the pastor went for arming a few people inside the church at all.
View Quote
Need to practice at 50 & 100 yards with your pistol. I do everytime I go to the range. And have been since I was a Police Officer.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Need to practice at 50 & 100 yards with your pistol. I do everytime I go to the range. And have been since I was a Police Officer.

Ed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ed
I routinely practice at 50 and can keep my orange 12" gong moving with my SIG and my Shield.

I haven't tried at 100 but could manage to dial it in.  I'll have to add that to the practice regimen.  Although 50 yards would be the maximum shot for anyone engaged from the parking lot in, so I think I'm already practicing at max expected range.

This really is scary as a tactic, shooting outside in and then coming in.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's all this about banning? Are we banning opinions here? The First Amendment isn't held as dear as the Second Amendment, is that it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
About half the past few pages is 2017 accounts. "We're just new here! Go back to Stormfront/Alex Jones with your conspiracy ideas! We're not infiltrators!!!!!!!!"

LofuckingL
Don’t forget the preachy bullshit telling us how messed up we are.  Peacenik reminds me of a certain “researcher” who claims to specialize in writing about homegrown extremists, but in reality just doxxes people online. JJ MacNabb, she got banned from here for arocking.
What's all this about banning? Are we banning opinions here? The First Amendment isn't held as dear as the Second Amendment, is that it?
Stop. Just stop. I opted out of further conversation with you in your minority thread because I've written you off due to your typical liberal responses and problems with honesty, but I'm replying here one more time.

Quit with the banning garbage, if this site banned folks for having "liberal" points of view you'd already be gone. You're a virtue signaling espouser of bullshit, same as the other liberal trolls/shills/retards, and they're still here, just like you.

Show me you're proof big man, you're so much more intelligent than us stupid conservatives surely you can show the proof where folks here with liberal viewpoints, get banned for having liberal viewpoints. And none of your moving the goalposts bullshit, don't come back with some lib getting banned for personal insults or some COC violation, I want proof that this site bans people for being liberal.

Until you can show proof of the BS you claim shut up about it and quit spreading fake news.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Stop. Just stop. I opted out of further conversation with you in your minority thread because I've written you off due to your typical liberal responses and problems with honesty, but I'm replying here one more time.

Quit with the banning garbage, if this site banned folks for having "liberal" points of view you'd already be gone. You're a virtue signaling espouser of bullshit, same as the other liberal trolls/shills/retards, and they're still here, just like you.

Show me you're proof big man, you're so much more intelligent than us stupid conservatives surely you can show the proof where folks here with liberal viewpoints, get banned for having liberal viewpoints. And none of your moving the goalposts bullshit, don't come back with some lib getting banned for personal insults or some COC violation, I want proof that this site bans people for being liberal.

Until you can show proof of the BS you claim shut up about it and quit spreading fake news.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder how the murderer slipped past the domestic abuse charge on his background check when he bought the AR?

I'm sure he lied on the 4473 but I figure the BG check would have reveled it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lug1, nobody is blaming the gun owners. We're suggesting a way to prevent thieves from stealing guns. Right now, I'm a hypocrite because if someone broke into my house, there are guns they could steal (and a few they couldn't). I live alone, so I'm not worried about kids or teens getting them, but I probably should have everything locked up to prevent bad guys from possibly arming themselves at my expense.
View Quote
Aren't your guns already locked up? or do you leave your door unlocked when you are not home.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Can we get a wrap up of the shooting, the shitbag, and the guy(s) that stopped him please.  I've been out of town.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wonder how the murderer slipped past the domestic abuse charge on his background check when he bought the AR?

I'm sure he lied on the 4473 but I figure the BG check would have reveled it.
View Quote
No DV charge in the UCMJ.  It’s up to the military to report it as DV related to the FBI.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Can we get a wrap up of the shooting, the shitbag, and the guy(s) that stopped him please.  I've been out of town.  Thanks.
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Texas-Church-Shooting-concise-report-of-what-happened-as-we-know-now-multiple-updates-in-OP/5-2048865/
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go to this thread.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
There is a summary thread. Worth reading as there is minimal tin-foil..
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually carry, as do about 4 others as well.............it is a sad time we live in, but I will be extra vigilant from now on..........we have a guy who watches cameras along with running the sound board, but I am sure there will be talk of other measures now
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No DV charge in the UCMJ.  It’s up to the military to report is as DV related to the FBI.
View Quote
I was thinking that might be the case. So I guess it will remain to be seen if the .mil dropped the ball in that regard.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Am I a wizard?

No. Aimless is a loose cannon!

https://media.giphy.com/media/2ept7eRuyq98s/giphy.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6bfrcE2n21rziwwco2_500.gif

I'm drunk and diluted. No one agrees with me . And yet I remain.

Soon.
Am I a wizard?

No. Aimless is a loose cannon!

https://media.giphy.com/media/2ept7eRuyq98s/giphy.gif
I was hoping your premonition would be true.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#33]
President Trump said the mass shooting was indicative of a mental health problem, not gun laws in the United States … “Mental health is your problem here,” Trump said. “This isn’t a guns situation. This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very, very sad event.” The president added that “based on preliminary reports” the shooter was “a very deranged individual.”
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wasnt it mentioned earlier that the wife and child were killed by the POS?

Have we had any confirmation on this yet? 

Has any attention been drawn to the antifa post relating to something big happening in Texas on the 5th?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19382/37D92BD6-DD57-4A14-B6EB-4356D80C14CF-354513.JPG
View Quote
Pages and pages of drivel when this is what we should be focused on...
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
President Trump said the mass shooting was indicative of a mental health problem, not gun laws in the United States … “Mental health is your problem here,” Trump said. “This isn’t a guns situation. This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It’s a very, very sad event.” The president added that “based on preliminary reports” the shooter was “a very deranged individual.”
View Quote
This is just so refreshing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#36]
That ship has sailed my friend, unfortunately.

The Left fervently despises anything that even orbits the galaxy of conservatism. They're not gonna stop until it's eradicated.

And no, that's not hyperbole.

He's repeating that same line over and over in different threads, I grow tired of seeing the same old BS posted and called him on it. He fact he's still here disproves his theory.

ETA: Here's an interesting thought experiment: Imagine going to a college campus, say Berkeley, and espousing a far left ideology in public. You think anyone would even bat an eye? Nope, it's all good, even white genocide BS is tolerated. Now imagine going and simply advocating for conservatism. What's the reaction? Not hard to guess, we've seen it recently. Riots, death threats, assault and battery. Or how about the IRS being used to target conservative groups? That was decried as tinfoil "nutjob" conspiracy theory until recently, I argued with a guy about 4 months ago that "explained" to me how everything the IRS did was completely above board. But here we sit this week with the IRS apologizing to those groups for unfairly targeting them.

How about going to a leftist website and espousing conservative ideas, or even questioning the Leftist narrative. Permaban. And there's no guarantee you'll be safe from censorship even on mainstream websites. Praeger University is suing google/YouTube this week for censoring their videos for the last year. They're not the only ones to have this happen to them, but they're one of the only ones with pockets deep enough to afford fighting it out legally.

I short, it's simply retarded to argue conservatives are the ones censoring folks, even here, when the opposite is true.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Texas-Church-Shooting-concise-report-of-what-happened-as-we-know-now-multiple-updates-in-OP/5-2048865/
I was very busy all weekend and I'm finally catching up on the news.  

Thanks for the update.  Very informative.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
These poor little kids.

I’d chain that son of a bitches dead body to my truck a drag it from town to town. With a sign in the bed. Saying;
THIS IS WHAT WE DO TO SUM BITCHES THAT HURT OUT CHILDREN

Ed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Littlelest ones to have passed one of the Girls did Survive and the boy in the last pic is alive as of now took 4 rounds may have been the kid they were talking about earlier

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/06/05/460EB78100000578-5052163-Six_year_old_Brooke_was_shot_and_died_according_to_family-a-102_1509946447810.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/06/05/460EB76700000578-5052477-Two_of_her_three_daughters_survived_eight_year_old_Emily_sitting-a-12_1509944594525.jpg
Sisters six-year-old Brooke (left) and eight-year-old Emily Garza (pictured, right, sitting on the right, next to her sister Rihanna) were killed in the shooting according to her family. Nine-year-old Rihanna (sitting next to Emily had her glasses shot off her face but survived

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/06/02/460EB78800000578-5052163-Six_year_old_Rylan_Ward_the_stepson_of_feared_dead_mother_of_fou-m-86_1509935524656.jpg
Six-year-old Rylan Ward, (right) the stepson of feared-dead mother-of-four Joann Ward, was shot four times and is in surgery
These poor little kids.

I’d chain that son of a bitches dead body to my truck a drag it from town to town. With a sign in the bed. Saying;
THIS IS WHAT WE DO TO SUM BITCHES THAT HURT OUT CHILDREN

Ed
Its worse than we knew that is all one family and their Mother is dead as well

Updated info

'Ryland is the only one left': Boy, 5, is found clinging to life among the pews by his aunt after his mother and sisters were shot dead in front of him in Texas church massacre
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
About half the past few pages is 2017 accounts. "We're just new here! Go back to Stormfront/Alex Jones with your conspiracy ideas! We're not infiltrators!!!!!!!!"

LofuckingL
Don’t forget the preachy bullshit telling us how messed up we are.  Peacenik reminds me of a certain “researcher” who claims to specialize in writing about homegrown extremists, but in reality just doxxes people online. JJ MacNabb, she got banned from here for arocking.

I like the cut of your jib.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is indeed

but we have to be careful that a bunch of congressmen dont start deciding who is too mentally ill to be able to own a gun
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:07:14 AM EDT
[#41]
If they quit making these assholes famous on every GD news channel this shit would STOP!
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#42]
So I haven’t really followed this too close yet. But I get to work today and have a coworker calling for the banning of semi-autos. Had to bite my tongue hard on that one. This is bad. Combined with the Vegas attack this is giving them a lot of fuel for gun control.

I like that trump came out and said it’s not a gun problem but a mental health problem but yea. If a crazy white guy shooting up a church full of people including kids doesn’t get something passed then I don’t know what will.

And it’s a shame that we have to talk about this. My wife said that’s all you think about when something like this happens. And I said yea, if someone was trying to take your car every time there’s an accident you’d be pretty concerned about that too.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It is indeed

but we have to be careful that a bunch of congressmen dont start deciding who is too mentally ill to be able to own a gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is indeed

There were rumors after one of the big mass shooting (I don't remember which one now) that anyone who ever saw a counselor, even a marriage counselor,  would be prohibited from owning a gun.  That is scary shit if true.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've been watching his videos since before the NRA picked him up.  I never saw anything "racist."
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There technically is no “DV” charge in the UCMJ.  It most likely was just reported as an assault/battery with no other identifiers.
View Quote
Assault/Battery can be a misdemeanor charge.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Every Leftist I have ever heard of yappiing about the 1st amendment has obviously never bothered to READ the 1st amendment, or at a minimum has no understanding of what it means.
It is like using the term Nazi, every time some Leftist uses that term, you ask them what the definition of a Nazi is, and they just get that some slack jaw stupid look on their face.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A bad conduct discharge might not prohibit a firearm purchase? 

edit it but there’s Still the domestic violence 
View Quote
Yeah, that's the thing.  If the charge was some sort domestic violence then Lautenberg Amendment applies.  Regardless of my personal feelings about misdemeanors affecting gun rights, if the shooter was convicted of DV then he should have been/was a prohibited person.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's the thing.  If the charge was some sort domestic violence then Lautenberg Amendment applies.  Regardless of my personal feelings about misdemeanors affecting gun rights, if the shooter was convicted of DV then he should have been/was a prohibited person.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A bad conduct discharge might not prohibit a firearm purchase? 

edit it but there’s Still the domestic violence 
This violation landed him in a military brig for one year and got him a dishonorable discharge IIRC.

So it was not a minor thing most likely.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Local news here in Seattle (KIRO 7) reported this morning that "the suspect fled the scene and was later found dead in his vehicle, the Sheriff later confirmed that he killed himself."

No mention of the neighbor shooting him - is this just being unreported, or did it not really happen?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No DV charge in the UCMJ.  It’s up to the military to report it as DV related to the FBI.
View Quote
Well, if that's the case, then the Air Force is gonna be in trouble.
Page / 87
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top