Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's the middle aged asian female drivers I worry about.

View Quote

Family Guy- Asian Woman Driver
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Troubling new research suggests doctors and caregivers alike should be having far more stern conversations with older adults dealing with cognitive impairment when it comes to their driving habits. Scientists at the University of Michigan report most older adults with signs of cognitive impairment continue to drive, even when the people in their lives voice concerns.

These conclusions are based on an analysis of over 600 adults more than 65 years-old in Nueces County, Texas, all of whom had cognitive assessment scores indicating at least a likelihood of impairment. Among those with cognitive impairment, 61.4 percent were still driving on a regular basis. Moreover, roughly one-third of all caregivers expressed concerns about their care recipient driving.

rest of the story

I stopped my mom from driving 6 years ago.
View Quote

And yet, the only people that drive incredibly stupidly around here (Nueces County) are young people, frequently while drunk. I've seen multiple fences, barricades, etc. plowed into, repaired, and plowed into again within a couple of weeks. And, occasionally, some stupid fool trying to drive 100+ on a busy freeway.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And yet, the only people that drive incredibly stupidly around here (Nueces County) are young people, frequently while drunk. I've seen multiple fences, barricades, etc. plowed into, repaired, and plowed into again within a couple of weeks. And, occasionally, some stupid fool trying to drive 100+ on a busy freeway.
View Quote

But there's some here that do not want that pointed out. They are more interested in just those bad old people and saying they are all the same.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How do you figure this.  They are the same thing and in both cases it should be addressed on a case by case basis. Not some stupid ass blanket BS policy. I've ran alot of accidents in my career. There is no one age difference that I can remember that was more prevalent. 85% was distracted, DUI or driving to fast for weather conditions. Bad driving is bad driving no matter what age they are. You can not include one without including them all and yes we can talk about all bad drivers not just older ones.

As far as age again goes. Case by case basis. As far as teen driving I'm up in the air about. Most are just plain reckless driving. But this post is absolutely singling out older drivers because of some deep seat hatred of older Americans and believing they are all the same. They aren't

But by all means if you have family members who become too incapacitated to drive due to age, illness ect then by all means pursue measures to take away they're driving privileges. My bil got brain cancer and we did it and he was only 67 when he died. Also here in Florida once you reach a certain age your DL must be renewed ever 6 instead of 8 years also you must have vision testing done to renew.

The only real thing some not all older drivers do mostly is drive to darn slow sometimes. I've seen younger and middle aged people get pissed about this and try to run the older driver off the road by cutting them off and or braking on them. But then again dumbass tourist do the samething. Tourist have stopped dead in the middle of the rd and backed up because they missed a turn. Plus don't even get me started on illegal aliens driving and killing people.

But older people are the only ones that need to lose their privileges on a case by case basis. This is a BS biased based post. Why don't people just say once someone reaches a certain just take them out back and blow their brains out. Oh I've seen posts insinuating this being done because once you reach a certain age your a burden on society. After hundreds of thousands of years human are regressing instead of advancing
View Quote

disagree.

I had a relative on the far side of 90 and we pulled his license. I rode with him and he was unsafe as all get out; he drove slow, but tunnel vision, lack of SA, and poor reflexes. I had a talk with my kids and if I live that long, and I make it past 90 and my license gets pulled, it is what it is. Do research and you'll see dementia risk doubles every five years and 33% of those 90 and above have dementia.  You can argue that there are many other people with many other reasons that are ALSO needing losing their license.  

Do two minutes of googling on dementia probabilities and alzheimer probabilities.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
They’re not usually doing 110 in their brand new 45% interest dodge charger so I’m ok with that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.

It is far too easy to get (and keep) a license in this country.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know a 89 year old guy that drives just fine..
I also know 20 year olds that couldn't drive a nail, let alone a car.

This.

It is far too easy to get (and keep) a license in this country.

We are far more dependent on cars for transportation than countries like Germany that have more stringent driver licensing.  Most Germans probably don't really need a car on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Troubling new research suggests doctors and caregivers alike should be having far more stern conversations with older adults dealing with cognitive impairment when it comes to their driving habits. Scientists at the University of Michigan report most older adults with signs of cognitive impairment continue to drive, even when the people in their lives voice concerns.

These conclusions are based on an analysis of over 600 adults more than 65 years-old in Nueces County, Texas, all of whom had cognitive assessment scores indicating at least a likelihood of impairment. Among those with cognitive impairment, 61.4 percent were still driving on a regular basis. Moreover, roughly one-third of all caregivers expressed concerns about their care recipient driving.

rest of the story

From what source do you derive your intimate knowledge of who hit those barricades and fences?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You should be road tested anytime you renew your drivers license.

Regardless of age.
View Quote

There is, perhaps, an intermediate solution.  When I lived in MO you had to pass a test of visual acuity, road sign recognition, and peripheral vision when you renewed your license.  It took less than 30 seconds using a machine on the counter at the license office.  Add in a reaction time component and that test could be used to screen for those who need a comprehensive road test.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The double standards on ARF are mind numbing.

In my area I see incredibly stupid drivers everyday.

They are almost always young women/girls and when their not they are young men/ boys .

How many of you elder haters think we should take ur teenagers driving rights away or test them every year ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

rest of the story

The double standards on ARF are mind numbing.

In my area I see incredibly stupid drivers everyday.

They are almost always young women/girls and when their not they are young men/ boys .

How many of you elder haters think we should take ur teenagers driving rights away or test them every year ?

Funny you should mention that.  Many states, if not all of them, have implemented graduated driver licensing laws.  You don't get a full license at 16 anymore.  There are restrictions on when you can drive and who you can have with you.  And that's a blanket requirement you can't just test out of.

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

From what source do you derive your intimate knowledge of who hit those barricades and fences?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

rest of the story

Local news for some, actual eyes on for others. The apartment building across the street has been hit twice. Both hits went over a curb and thru a wrought-iron like fence to get all the way to be able to hit the building. Both were under 25 drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Young, stupid drivers can become good drivers with experience. Can those with dementia become good drivers?
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

disagree.

I had a relative on the far side of 90 and we pulled his license. I rode with him and he was unsafe as all get out; he drove slow, but tunnel vision, lack of SA, and poor reflexes. I had a talk with my kids and if I live that long, and I make it past 90 and my license gets pulled, it is what it is. Do research and you'll see dementia risk doubles every five years and 33% of those 90 and above have dementia.  You can argue that there are many other people with many other reasons that are ALSO needing losing their license.  

Do two minutes of googling on dementia probabilities and alzheimer probabilities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you figure this.  They are the same thing and in both cases it should be addressed on a case by case basis. Not some stupid ass blanket BS policy. I've ran alot of accidents in my career. There is no one age difference that I can remember that was more prevalent. 85% was distracted, DUI or driving to fast for weather conditions. Bad driving is bad driving no matter what age they are. You can not include one without including them all and yes we can talk about all bad drivers not just older ones.

As far as age again goes. Case by case basis. As far as teen driving I'm up in the air about. Most are just plain reckless driving. But this post is absolutely singling out older drivers because of some deep seat hatred of older Americans and believing they are all the same. They aren't

But by all means if you have family members who become too incapacitated to drive due to age, illness ect then by all means pursue measures to take away they're driving privileges. My bil got brain cancer and we did it and he was only 67 when he died. Also here in Florida once you reach a certain age your DL must be renewed ever 6 instead of 8 years also you must have vision testing done to renew.

The only real thing some not all older drivers do mostly is drive to darn slow sometimes. I've seen younger and middle aged people get pissed about this and try to run the older driver off the road by cutting them off and or braking on them. But then again dumbass tourist do the samething. Tourist have stopped dead in the middle of the rd and backed up because they missed a turn. Plus don't even get me started on illegal aliens driving and killing people.

But older people are the only ones that need to lose their privileges on a case by case basis. This is a BS biased based post. Why don't people just say once someone reaches a certain just take them out back and blow their brains out. Oh I've seen posts insinuating this being done because once you reach a certain age your a burden on society. After hundreds of thousands of years human are regressing instead of advancing

disagree.

Did you cherry pick out of what I posted above. You must have missed this part of my post. Go back to your post quoting me and reread it. I said age or illness and I believe dementia is considered an illness. But taking away privileges must be done on a case by case basis not some blanket denial.

In 2022 nearly one third of all traffic fatalities were caused from speeding. Now it might be different where you live. But here older drivers tend to drive a lot more slower than we like. Which from my experience cause some undeniable rage in younger and middle aged drivers. We are in such a damn hurry to save 2 to 5 minutes to get some place the younger drivers tend to be more careless or reckless. Not to mention more aggressive. Not only toward older drivers but everyone. How many elderly road rage cases do you ever read about.

Here's some info if you'd cared to do a little research instead of assuming.

What age group has the most fatal crashes?

State         Deadliest Age Group(s)   Number of Deaths
Florida                  25-34                                 544
Georgia                25-34                                  281
Hawaii                  25-34                                  23
Idaho                    35-44                                  34

Also data concludes

What is the most dangerous age group on the road?

According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, drivers between the ages of 16 and 17 are more likely to be involved in car accidents than drivers from any other age group. Additionally, teen drivers cause more injuries and deaths than other drivers, including injuries to themselves.

In this assumption should we restrict issuing licenses till 18 years of age. Of coarse not because demographics plays a roll in that number. But either way there are some people no matter their age that should not be driving on our roads. But as far as older drivers living in huge retirement developments. Alot of crashes do happen not from their inability to drive. But instead because they are drunk ( a huge factor lol) they seem to drink a lot more and use pain and body aches as their excuse lol. Then they may be over medicated and again drink on top of that. It's not just cars these people wreak either. They drive golf cars.

I think the greatest contributing factors to accidents based on what I've seen is simply distracted driving. Being on the phones/texting. Huge, huge factor. I've seen deadly consequences of this. Way more so than elderly accidents. But again it just depends on demographics. Drivers in Tampa are different than say drivers in Sun City Center which is a hugh retirement community like the The Villages.

Bottom line is to always pay attention to what's in front, behind and to your sides. Never assume you have the right of way and be patient and don't text or use your phone unless it's hands free. Plus drive defensively. But even then that's no guarantee you'll not be in an accident.

I was hit twice in a 3 month period by red light runners in the same car. A 1994 Nissan 240SX loved that car. Got hit the first time and it was fixed and not a week later it was hit again. After they fixed it I traded it in for a big Ole truck. But they were both drivers younger than me and I was 26 at the time.

But don't go around with a chip on your shoulders looking to blame just one group as it always seems to be people on this forum do. For some reason there are some that just have a deep seated hatred for older Americans and want to blame them and punished or just gone. No one matter their age if they are unfit to drive a 2 ton machine thry should not be in one behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Regardless of age.
View Quote

Solid plan. That would be a big boost for public transportation, especially in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Solid plan. That would be a big boost for public transportation, especially in Atlanta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regardless of age.

I'd go with if you've ever been found to be at fault in an accident. You should have to do the complete drivers test on renewals. But drivers tests now no parallel parking or 3 point turn around just read they still do this, is this true in Florida ect...maybe a defensive drivers coarse would be better.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Being able to pass a test is one thing.

Not driving while:
Looking at phone/texting
Distracted talking to passenger
Oblivious
Asshole

... Is another.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those can be some volatile peeps to violate with reality.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you cherry pick out of what I posted above. You must have missed this part of my post. Go back to your post quoting me and reread it. I said age or illness and I believe dementia is considered an illness. But taking away privileges must be done on a case by case basis not some blanket denial.

In 2022 nearly one third of all traffic fatalities were caused from speeding. Now it might be different where you live. But here older drivers tend to drive a lot more slower than we like. Which from my experience cause some undeniable rage in younger and middle aged drivers. We are in such a damn hurry to save 2 to 5 minutes to get some place the younger drivers tend to be more careless or reckless. Not to mention more aggressive. Not only toward older drivers but everyone. How many elderly road rage cases do you ever read about.

Also data concludes

In this assumption should we restrict issuing licenses till 18 years of age. Of coarse not because demographics plays a roll in that number. But either way there are some people no matter their age that should not be driving on our roads. But as far as older drivers living in huge retirement developments. Alot of crashes do happen not from their inability to drive. But instead because they are drunk ( a huge factor lol) they seem to drink a lot more and use pain and body aches as their excuse lol. Then they may be over medicated and again drink on top of that. It's not just cars these people wreak either. They drive golf cars.

I think the greatest contributing factors to accidents based on what I've seen is simply distracted driving. Being on the phones/texting. Huge, huge factor. I've seen deadly consequences of this. Way more so than elderly accidents. But again it just depends on demographics. Drivers in Tampa are different than say drivers in Sun City Center which is a hugh retirement community like the The Villages.

Bottom line is to always pay attention to what's in front, behind and to your sides. Never assume you have the right of way and be patient and don't text or use your phone unless it's hands free. Plus drive defensively. But even then that's no guarantee you'll not be in an accident.

I was hit twice in a 3 month period by red light runners in the same car. A 1994 Nissan 240SX loved that car. Got hit the first time and it was fixed and not a week later it was hit again. After they fixed it I traded it in for a big Ole truck. But they were both drivers younger than me and I was 26 at the time.

But don't go around with a chip on your shoulders looking to blame just one group as it always seems to be people on this forum do. For some reason there are some that just have a deep seated hatred for older Americans and want to blame them and punished or just gone. No one matter their age if they are unfit to drive a 2 ton machine thry should not be in one behind the wheel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

disagree.

Also data concludes

What is the most dangerous age group on the road?

According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, drivers between the ages of 16 and 17 are more likely to be involved in car accidents than drivers from any other age group. Additionally, teen drivers cause more injuries and deaths than other drivers, including injuries to themselves.

It’s strange that you interpret someone posting an article about older drivers with impairments as an attack on all elderly drivers.  Then you post stats by age, which are irrelevant to a discussion of specific impairments.  And again you draw false equivalence with young drivers.

The problem for the vast majority of young drivers is inexperience.  The only solution is more experience.  And many states have passed laws to limit the conditions under which they build that experience.

The solution for drivers with declining faculties is completely different.  They will only get worse with time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#19]
My grandpa's doctor does reaction tests with him quarterly now to make sure he is still capable of driving.

He still passes and still drives pushing 90.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#20]
It's an apt example of boomers in general, they'll drive America to the ground until they crash and burn it for good.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Leaving my kids school one day I had to actively avoid one from hitting me 3 times with her Tesla. I can’t comprehend how she even got a license.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Regardless of age.
View Quote

Renewals will cost $250 each, so they can afford to hire all the people required to do that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Fortunately my Dad (Alzheimer's) was aware of how far he had slipped a few years back and told my Mom that they could go ahead and get rid of his car.  

He would get so stressed out driving because he was afraid of getting lost or not reacting fast enough that he would only drive about 3 or 4 miles a week.  He would only go to the library and a particular coffee shop because those were the only places he didn't need navigation assistance to get to.  

At that point he was probably okay to go other places (I rode with him a few times whenever I visited).  His big concern about using navigation was getting too focused on that and processing directions instead of paying attention to the road.

I'm sure it was tough for him (he was the road trip champion and a big car guy starting in the early 60s) but now he doesn't miss it at all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Renewals will cost $250 each, so they can afford to hire all the people required to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regardless of age.

Cool. I’m okay with that. I might actually get to see something done with my tax money.  Already costs me $86.00 to renew my license and a bi yearly, another ~$100 to renew my medical card.  Another $175 every 5 years isn’t much more.

Or maybe we can enforce the traffic laws more? Use the fines to pay for the retests.  Or if you’re at fault in an accident? Not only do you have to retest… but your fine goes to pay for testing.

Regardless of age, people are shitty fucking drivers.  The left lane campers.  The super aggressive drivers that don’t know what “assured cleared distance” is.  The 4 lane switch-a-Roos.  And yeah, the geriatrics that just don’t know where the fuck they’re going.  

So, more enforcement isn’t a bad thing.  Come on all you thin blue line’ers. Enforce traffic regulations. Save some lives.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Let's get them out of elected office first. Then worry about their licenses.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#26]
My mother is 91 and still sharp as a tack. She told me she cut back on her driving. I asked her why? "Too many assholes on the road. The youngins don't have a clue how to drive on ice and snow." She hasn't had an accident in over 45 years. My sister lives with her now and does most of the driving but once in a while, she will drive herself to the Doctor and grocery store. She says by next year she will quit driving. She is getting to like being chauffeured.

Just because someone is elderly doesn't mean they are bad drivers. The 16-17 age group is the most accident-prone by far.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

But there's some here that do not want that pointed out. They are more interested in just those bad old people and saying they are all the same.
View Quote

Right on. The haters are very common here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I see them everyday heading out to cracker barrel going ten under the speed limit and barely keeping it in between the lines
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's an apt example of boomers in general, they'll drive America to the ground until they crash and burn it for good.
View Quote

Your hate comment has no facts to back it up. It does expose your defective thinking though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#30]
It is hilarious that those who whine they don't want govt. in their life, then demand govt. run their lives.  Get a grip, folks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

disagree.

View Quote

Yup, we should change the minimum driving age to 21. Just think how much lower our insurance would be. Admit you'd have a fit if it was so despite the facts supporting it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#32]
The most dangerous thing on the road around here are women texting and young men in jacked up pickup trucks driving aggressively.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#33]
These conclusions are based on an analysis of over 600 adults more than 65 years-old in Nueces County, Texas,
all of whom had cognitive assessment scores indicating at least a likelihood of impairment.
View Quote
If we tested the entire population, what percentage of people 65 and older would show a likelihood of some degree of cognitive impairment?
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Young, stupid drivers can become good drivers with experience. Can those with dementia become good drivers?
View Quote

Being old does not mean you have dementia. Be honest, you are just trying to use them as a scapegoat. It is a fact that the majority of people in their 80s and 90s do not have dementia.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Family Guy- Asian Woman Driver
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#38]
More worried about low-attention, distracted young folks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup, we should change the minimum driving age to 21. Just think how much lower our insurance would be. Admit you'd have a fit if it was so despite the facts supporting it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

disagree.

Lack of experience can’t be solved by denying the opportunity to build experience.

Many states already have graduated driver licensing to allow young drivers to build experience while trying to limit the risks.  MO has had this for about 20 years.  I’d be interested to see an honest study of the results.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#41]
OK, so I just got back from a trip to Paraguay on Thursday. I made the mistake of renting a car to get around instead of taking taxis.

Let me tell you, no matter how bad the driving is here anywhere in the US, it doesn't come close to what I experienced trying to keep my rental car physically intact while driving in Asuncion, the capital city of Paraguay.

The drivers there follow no rules, lanes are optional, turn signals vestigial, and they engage in completely lawless driving, unencumbered by any sense of order or regulation. There are no left turn lanes, no left turn filters on the few traffic lights that exist, if you want to turn left you play chicken with oncoming and traffic to your rear.

Everybody forces their way into any gap in the cars, small Chinese 150cc motorcycles are literally everywhere and riders something to akin to a Mad Max movie or a Moto GP race in their behavior, weaving in and out, splitting lanes, crossing in front of you if there is more than a 2 foot gap between you and the car in front of you, running intersections without a care. Many intersections have NO signals. No stop signs, no lights. Intimidation or opportunism determines right of way. Jaywalkers are everywhere. Double parking closing lanes of traffic the norm. Never seen anything like it, not even in Italy or the middle east.

The Policia are present but will only get you a ticket if your lights are off, even in the daytime. Nothing else bothers them. Roads are either brand new, or something like a bombed out WW II airstrip. Traffic circles are a duel to the death to navigate in and out of. Huge speed bumps appear out of nowhere, many with no warning signs, even on the highways, sometimes sending you airborne, Dukes of Hazzard style.

After a week of hair-raising driving madness, I turned in my intact rental Kia Soluto, and repented of all my sins. Don't get me wrong, the people were friendly (when not in cars), the food was phenomenal, and prices amazing. But I have to say, the worst traffic issues here in the US seem to be very minor after a week in Paraguay.

Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I know a 89 year old guy that drives just fine..
I also know 20 year olds that couldn't drive a nail, let alone a car.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Cognitive impairment is a broad term that can apply to around 35 million in the USA. Really it’s anything below a SS of 80 or a ss of 6. The study seems to go between cognitive impairment and dementia. Pick one, but cognitive impairment will take out a large portion of the population.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Being old does not mean you have dementia. Be honest, you are just trying to use them as a scapegoat. It is a fact that the majority of people in their 80s and 90s do not have dementia.
View Quote

You're using the exact same reasoning liberals use to support Biden. It's amazing how stubborn you older people are.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lack of experience can’t be solved by denying the opportunity to build experience.

Many states already have graduated driver licensing to allow young drivers to build experience while trying to limit the risks.  MO has had this for about 20 years.  I’d be interested to see an honest study of the results.
View Quote

So what? In the meantime everyone is a target. Pitiful excuse.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You're using the exact same reasoning liberals use to support Biden. It's amazing how stubborn you older people are.
View Quote

@ jackthom8

No, you are copying the Socialist mantra: "If we can save just one life, giving away our freedom is OK.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Used to ride with a guy close to 80 years old to work. Coming home in a thunderstorm doing 70 or 80 bumper to bumper a guy riding in the back seat said Hey Joe I ain't in no hurry to get home if you want to slow down a little. Old man cackled back to him and said if you're scared buddy wrap that seat belt around yourself again.
Last two people that ran into me in the rear were middle age and on a phone when they did it.

Everyone that took a driving test did not score 100. The test was only a representation of one time driving.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

@ jackthom8

No, you are copying the Socialist mantra: "If we can save just one life, giving away our freedom is OK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ jackthom8

Here's the thing about driving though, it's not a right, it's a privilege.

There's licensing requirements for each class of motor vehicle, along with eye tests and sometimes physical exams.

If at any point your ability to be an effective and safe driver lapses....you are no longer qualified to drive on a public road.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#49]
There are A LOT of old people that shouldn't be driving, hell there are a lot of people who shouldn't be driving.

Texting a driving should be an offense equal to a DUI... Honestly, it should probably be a worse offense since the driver is making a sober decision to be stupid, at least a drunk is trying to focus on the road, not hit anything, or get pulled over.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please show me where I mentioned the word “old”. I’ll wait here…….
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top