Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn Arfcom.

Damn Amazon.

When I'm drinking, the combination of reccomendations and them saving my CC info for easy checkout is disastrous.

I just bought 3.

Why did I buy 3? Because some else in this thread thread bought three.  
View Quote

I started with 3...liked them a lot...bought 5 more.  So will you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If you read the Amazon reviews ~40% give this product less than 5 stars which is a lot for such a simple and cheap item.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If you read the Amazon reviews ~40% give this product less than 5 stars which is a lot for such a simple and cheap item.
View Quote
Too late, I'm in for $12 worth

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I am about to order 5.

I needed a new keychain light so I started looking and reading around.
I ended up getting the nitecore SENS Mini on the net the other night.
It is only 2" long and has 170 lumens which is great for this little light.
It is by far the best light I found in the category, being it is so small with the amount of lumens it puts out.
The only thing close was about 4.5" and put out 190 lumens, but it was just too big for my pocket.

Off to order 5
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if the light below that add that is 400 lumens for 3.90
Is better than the 300 lumen light posted by the OP for $3.80?

Anybody know about them?
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I got two, they put my other led Gerber lights to shame.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my lights earlier this week. They're pretty kick ass little lights for $4 each. I gave a couple to coworkers and the rest are for the house/spares.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered six, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 3:05:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in for $20 myself
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
not a surefire
View Quote

Really? Who cares.  
Smoking deal.  Got mine.  Passed 'em out.  Very nice.  If the kids or I lose them,
Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Guys, if you look on the add it says there are new lights starting at $0.1 but they add the $3.98 shipping so it is 3.99...no deal.
Just search around those listings and I found them for 3.75  free shipping.
They seem to be the same lights but people are selling at competitive prices.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Measured current drain:

HIGH: 725 mA (around 3 hours of run-time from an alkaline or NiMh cell)
LOW: 200 mA (around 10 hours of run-time)
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 4:49:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Really? Who cares.  
Smoking deal.  Got mine.  Passed 'em out.  Very nice.  If the kids or I lose them,
Oh well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
not a surefire

Really? Who cares.  
Oh well.

Yep, and when I left one under the hood of my wife's car a couple of weeks ago (and then lost it, God knows where along the road...) I wasn't crying like I would have been if I had left a $200 SureFire.

Get real, dude!

Just ordered 3 more.

ETA: Just noticed, he's gone anyway
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 4:57:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got my first one this week. Put a battery in it, fired it up, then jumped on Amazon for 3 more to stash in vehicles... Now the kids want some... Just order like 10 and it'll save you a ton of time waiting for shipping.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
not a surefire
View Quote

Oh snap. Your Glock loving ass is back.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:10:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, but:

Estimated delivery: Aug. 28, 2013 - Sept. 16, 2013

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks, but:

Estimated delivery: Aug. 28, 2013 - Sept. 16, 2013

View Quote

That's only if the ship don't sink.    Seriously, the last ones I ordered had about the same estimated shipping time, but they arrived in 10 days or so.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
not a surefire

Nope...look at the date of his post...I thought the same thing at first until I noticed that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought this
and these rechargeable batteries with charger a week ago
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VCJNYG/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9C3YIY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Lights up the whole damn hillside behind my house
It's pretty absurd how much more light it throws in comparison to the one the OP posted about....I got one of those too
Spend the extra coin if you have it and get this one for $9 + batteries and charger $16

This $9 flashlight only requires 1 battery

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#21]
wally has lanterns for 6 bux. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rayovac-EFL6V10LED-B-Rayovac-10-LED-6V-Floating-Lantern/22086119 and the battery comes with it. 40 hour run time. these are great for the car and wont roll away when using it to change a tire at night. throws one hell of a beam too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:34:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

wally has lanterns for 6 bux. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rayovac-EFL6V10LED-B-Rayovac-10-LED-6V-Floating-Lantern/22086119 and the battery comes with it. 40 hour run time. these are great for the car and wont roll away when using it to change a tire at night. throws one hell of a beam too.
View Quote

Ive had problems with that one

I usually have to smack it a few times to get it to turn on

But it works well when it works

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#23]
I bought one and after I saw how bright it was, I ordered three more.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#24]
My 2 flashlights came in already and I gave one away.

4 more on order

The mounts came in but I haven't open the package yet.

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I ordered 10 when this was originally posted. They arrived a couple of days ago. Very happy with the quality, so thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Got my two.  Good deal for the money.  I'll probably go for some more.

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Measured current drain:

View Quote

That's good info! I was wondering how long the batteries would last. My first one I left at work since i'm on the fifth floor of a large building. I've been cycling it a few times a week to check for durability and battery length.

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn Arfcom.

Damn Amazon.

When I'm drinking, the combination of reccomendations and them saving my CC info for easy checkout is disastrous.

I just bought 3.

Why did I buy 3? Because some else in this thread thread bought three.  

This.  I'm at 4 and I'm trying real hard to resist

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I ordered 10 when this was originally posted. They arrived a couple of days ago. Very happy with the quality, so thanks for the tip.
View Quote

for those who have received them, which vendor did you buy it from? does the light have 3 modes or only 1 mode?
I bought these before from different vendors, some have 3 modes, some have only 1 mode, qualities differ as well
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Got mine a few days ago.

Build quality is quite good.  

The zoom feature is a joke.  The glass is a joke.  The throw is a joke.  They lied to me about the output.  

Gee for 4 dollars what did I think would happen?  Now I have backup lights rolling around in some car glove boxes and drawers around my house and workshop.  And there's like a 99% if I ever grab one before the battery explodes and press the little button, the light will come on.

No you'll  never find this riding in my pocket.

What in the fuck do you people want for 4 goddamn dollars?  Bunch of cheap assholes it's a stupid cheap light to have a stupid cheat light someplace stupid cheap lights go.

geesh.  remember not to tip your waitress guys, it is Sunday, after all.

Link Posted: 8/4/2013 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Got mine a few days ago.

Build quality is quite good.  

The zoom feature is a joke.  The glass is a joke.  The throw is a joke.  They lied to me about the output.  

Gee for 4 dollars what did I think would happen?  Now I have backup lights rolling around in some car glove boxes and drawers around my house and workshop.  And there's like a 99% if I ever grab one before the battery explodes and press the little button, the light will come on.

No you'll  never find this riding in my pocket.

What in the fuck do you people want for 4 goddamn dollars?  Bunch of cheap assholes it's a stupid cheap light to have a stupid cheat light someplace stupid cheap lights go.

geesh.  remember not to tip your waitress guys, it is Sunday, after all.

View Quote

You're all over the place!
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I didnt ever think I would need the strobe feature until last night

wife went to the movies and saw the conjuring
came home all freaked out

of course I was waiting with all the lights off and  el cheapo cree strobe
got my moneys worth
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's good info! I was wondering how long the batteries would last. My first one I left at work since i'm on the fifth floor of a large building. I've been cycling it a few times a week to check for durability and battery length.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Measured current drain:

I thought they had two modes. Mine only seem to have one though. No matter how many times I work the button it stays the same brightness. Am I doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I thought they had two modes. Mine only seem to have one though. No matter how many times I work the button it stays the same brightness. Am I doing something wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Measured current drain:

dont click the on off switch just bump it to go between modes
that said I have heard some dont have multi mode
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Measured current drain:

I've tried both. I have other multimode lights at home so I'm not completely clueless, but I was hoping these had multimode sense I'd read they did. I was a little disappointed when I got them and found they didn't, but for $3.80 each I guess I can't complain.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Flashlight snobs will balk, but these are good flashlights.  Great bang for the buck.  Have several.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I've tried both. I have other multimode lights at home so I'm not completely clueless, but I was hoping these had multimode sense I'd read they did. I was a little disappointed when I got them and found they didn't, but for $3.80 each I guess I can't complain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are actually 2 versions floating around out there, depending on what seller you choose.  The multimode ones seem to be a little higher in quality in addition to the features, but the basic lights are still a deal.

Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't like you, OP.  I coulda bought like half a meal for that $3.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Just got mine yesterday.
Shipped straight from Shanghai apparently.

My evaluation: Meh.
Using AA's they really aren't that bright.   Okay, got some new batteries and they are much brighter.
Couple times when I pushed the button last night it didn't turn on.  Had to click it off and then on again.  Perhaps it is the strobe feature not working?
Haven't tried the other two, still NIB.
Still, will be fine for the purpose I intended: a cheap light to have in the lab, and if it happens to get up all by itself and walk away (since plenty of people have keys to that lab) I won't weep openly in the streets like I would for a more expensive light.

I've had plenty of worse drunk amazon purchases.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Just ordered a couple.  Those things are great for a little light you can lose or break without crying.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have purchased a few of these as "Emergency Gifts".

My sons just love to tell me "Hey dad!  Will you bring me to my friend's b-day party?  It starts in 30 minutes!"

Reach into the cabinet and Viola!  instant present for a boy between 6 and 60.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought 3 to start with, now I have 15 more on the way. Mine didn't have multi mode, but I didn't know they were supposed to, so I'm happy. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#43]
You guys that ordered them did you order from Amazon link in OP?  Did you get a light with multiple settings, high, low, strobe? All I see are ones with on/off and I wanted the strobe.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been trying to kill one for over a year and it won't die. I may need to order a few more just to stash around.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You guys that ordered them did you order from Amazon link in OP?  Did you get a light with multiple settings, high, low, strobe? All I see are ones with on/off and I wanted the strobe.
View Quote

I ordered 4 of them from "Coco Fed Inc" in 2 different orders and none of them have multiple settings.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I ordered 4 of them from "Coco Fed Inc" in 2 different orders and none of them have multiple settings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought 3 from the link in the OP and 5 from a different vendor (also on Amazon), and all 8 of them are just on/off.  I didn't really want the extra settings so it's all good for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wonder if the light below that add that is 400 lumens for 3.90
Is better than the 300 lumen light posted by the OP for $3.80?

Anybody know about them?
View Quote

Same light.  Both have a Q5 LED emitter so they will put out the same amount of light regardless.  None of these lights will approach 300 lumens unless you use the 14500 batteries.  Those really step up the output.

For four bucks you used to get an unreliable light with a cheap plastic body and an incandescent bulb that put out about 15 lumens on a good day.  These things are phenomenal by comparison.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Just got mine yesterday.  I ordered four, and all work fine.  Sold by Tosell888.  They only have the single mode, which is fine by me.  I don't need a strobe.  The lower light setting would have been nice, though.
They seem decent enough, and they're quite bright for their size and the fact that they use a single AA batt.  I now have them stashed around the house.  Great lights for the glove box, nightstand, kitchen junk drawer, etc.  I may order more.

I took the opportunity to toss some old, cheap lights I had laying around.  No point in keeping them anymore.  Cheapies you normally find in the checkout line at the hardware store are totally obsolete by comparison.
The focus is simple.  The head just slides to focus.  Simple and not very impressive, but it seems to work fine.  I doubt I'll be changing it from the "full collapsed position" much anyway.  The light is very even.
Overall, I say money well spent.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Mine finally came in, it's a surprisingly nice little light for 4 bux.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mine finally came in, it's a surprisingly nice little light for 4 bux.
View Quote

Mine too.  I ordered 3 a few weeks ago and I'm pulling the level on a few more.
Page / 5
Top Top