User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
And then they came for the lawyers...........and we all rejoiced at their demise.

People and companies spent time and money creating those songs reasonably believing they would be paid for their work. I bet you'd be the absolute first to be knocking on the lawyer's office the minute your boss said he wasn't paying you this week.

They have been WELL paid for their "work"
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]

best of luck to the riaa fuckstains in collecting that $1.5m.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just wait until Congressmen who have been bought by the recording/copyright people make even more barbaric penalties in law for file sharing.

I mean some lady stole 30.00 bucks worth of CDs and the CD company is awarded 1.5 million? That is what, life in prison if you don't have the cash?

They're never going to see a dime. Essentially they're forcing her into bankruptcy over something more minor than shop lifting.

Holy shit, I just agreed with DLoken

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yea that will show her.

Cost of songs + Court costs + whatever the fine is for petty theft.

If she only downloaded then that's what it should be. Well, plus damages up to 100% of the original cost.

Now if your uploading stuff then, yeah, copyright infringement comes into play...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top