BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why don't all touch base and have a pow wow to come up with a mission statement on the goal moving forward?

View Quote

Awesome!  Welcome to the club and your input is greatly appreciated - I will feed that back and move it up the ladder
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Only the people that accomplish meaningful tasks have real jobs.  Plenty of people don't.

If you haven't run across this you're either working in a very efficient place...or you're one of the bullshit jobs and you haven't noticed yet.

It's not new, buzzwords just help identify the BS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So only those of you "in the weeds" have real jobs?

Most all of the terms mentioned have their meaning and place.  This is just a thread to bitch.
Only the people that accomplish meaningful tasks have real jobs.  Plenty of people don't.

If you haven't run across this you're either working in a very efficient place...or you're one of the bullshit jobs and you haven't noticed yet.

Of course I run across people using meaningless corporate babble in order to sound smart once in awhile, but there isn't a whole lot of room for that in our company.  Using those terms when doing actual work is perfectly fine, and like another poster said, it's lucrative to learn the language and combine accomplishment with the skillful use of that language.

Using F-words and calling people names might work great when you are turning wrenches.  It just doesn't belong in a professional environment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Of course I run across people using meaningless corporate babble in order to sound smart once in awhile, but there isn't a whole lot of room for that in our company.  Using those terms when doing actual work is perfectly fine, and like another poster said, it's lucrative to learn the language and combine accomplishment with the skillful use of that language.

Using F-words and calling people names might work great when you are turning wrenches.  It just doesn't belong in a professional environment.
View Quote
calling people names rarely works in any setting.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
calling people names rarely works in any setting.  

View Quote

Brownell's disagrees!
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Diversity and inclusion
View Quote
Our company didn't stop there. They went full Monty with DEI - diversity, equity, and inclusion.

As you can imagine, it's been a nightmare. A company VP started the training with "I'm a white male so I've been given all sorts of opportunity that others haven't. Many of you are the same."

I'm a white male.

There were 11 people in that training, 4 of which were female. At the end of the 45 minute training, only 4 people had spoken in this supposed interactive training. I'll bet you can guess who the 4 are. Not a single male spoke a single word.

I approached the VP afterwards and asked him what his definition of "inclusion" was. He replied that it is "creating an atmosphere where everyone feels that their opinion is welcome and valued".

My response - "Feels like your training wasn't very inclusive then."
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Calling everyone collectivly Team or Teammates.

Fuck you, Im not on your "team." Im here to do a job and get money for it. Its an exchange; my time and skills for your money. Thats it.

View Quote

I hated that use of “team”.  Before I retired I managed three guys.  One was a habitual bitcher.  You could say the sky was blue and he would find a way to bitch about the blue sky.  
In my group emails to them I would usually preface it with “Guys…today…..” or Hey guys….” And the occasional “Gentlemen,….” which they knew was a lie.
I would hear him mumbling in his cube to the others “Were now guys. Oh, hey guy..”
So I started my next email with “Stooges, today…..”
So bitcher yells out “Stooges?!?!  What the fuck!”

Next one was…
“Pick your adjective of choice so I don’t offend William…”

It was real fun managing a whiny liberal, a true temperamental Puerto Rican communist and hot headed cuck that picked sides with whom he was working with that day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Loop me in on when you're ready to scale up that value-add to all stakeholders via multiple exposure so we have that in-house  going forward.  Brief me on which metrics we will use.    I'll be out of pocket until COB tomorrow and then downrange the day after.

VR
View Quote

out of pocket lol

I had a manager once tell me we needed "smell the data."  I mean, we've all massaged the data but she wanted to get in there and smell the data.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

out of pocket lol

I had a manager once tell me we needed "smell the data."  I mean, we've all massaged the data but she wanted to get in there and smell the data.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loop me in on when you're ready to scale up that value-add to all stakeholders via multiple exposure so we have that in-house  going forward.  Brief me on which metrics we will use.    I'll be out of pocket until COB tomorrow and then downrange the day after.

VR

out of pocket lol

We need to 'fuck the data's wife"
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#10]
"Let me state what I think I heard;"

Fucking kill me now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top