View Quote

Spoken like a true new Yorker
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The vis laser is for sighting in the IR laser
View Quote

You know you can just sight in the gun using the IR laser itself… like without a visible laser?  Neither of my guns with IR lasers has a vis laser and it wasn’t a problem.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I shoot pistols right handed, but on a 1911 am not a fan of ambidextrous safeties.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you feel about ambidextrous safeties on a 1911?

Disclaimer: I'm a lefty.

I shoot pistols right handed, but on a 1911 am not a fan of ambidextrous safeties.
OMG you ain't even a real lefty!

You...you...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

His name was PoppinFresh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Using electronic sights on a carry gun

His name was PoppinFresh

PoppinFresh isn't the same anymore since the avatar went away.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#5]
That useless safety in the center a Glock trigger.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Forward cocking serrations.
View Quote

THIS, times one million.

Forward serrations first came into being on "race guns" where the frame-mounted RDS being used interfered with using the normal cocking serrations, and putting ones near the front allowed equivalent purchase on the slide.

Then every a-hole and his brother decided it was essential to have those on virtually all pistols, even if they don't have an RDS on them.

In general, grabbing the slide up near where the bullets come out isn't a real good practice, especially under pressure.   Putting features there to encourage doing so when no RDS is present is just ASKING for someone shoot themselves.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree with everything…

That said I still like my CF barrels. I’ve found they are extremely accurate, consistent, and string less than pencil barrels. That said they are not meant for sustained fire and anyone who believes they handle heat better than equivalent diameter steel barrels is an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Piston driven - DI is lighter, more accurate, and more reliable
CNC - Marketing gimmick, practically everything is CNC nowadays
MPI - Almost meaningless unless you know the rejection criteria and detection rate
Billet - Actually inferior to forgings but cost more so must be betta!
Spiral fluting - Rigidity of a pencil barrel with 2x the weight.  Benefits of head dissipation is practically worthless and pushed for idiots to eat up
Carbon fiber barrels - If you think they dissipate heat better, you are a gullible idiot.  Also prone to stringing due to differences in coefficient of thermal expansion between CF and steel.  Delamination is an issue at higher temps

I agree with everything…

That said I still like my CF barrels. I’ve found they are extremely accurate, consistent, and string less than pencil barrels. That said they are not meant for sustained fire and anyone who believes they handle heat better than equivalent diameter steel barrels is an idiot.

CF barrels only work if you have a cool barrel sticker on both sides for the gram.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Compensators and red dots on carry guns of diminutive caliber… like that 9mm recoil is out of control or it has enough range to warrant an optic.

LOL.
View Quote

Are those like muzzle brakes on 5.56 rifles?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You know you can just sight in the gun using the IR laser itself… like without a visible laser?  Neither of my guns with IR lasers has a vis laser and it wasn’t a problem.
View Quote

But you need NVGs to do that!

Seriously though, it's just another option for daytime
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Mag release, why do you need a mag release when you only have to load in 5 rounds in the clip.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Burst fire
View Quote

Spoken truth!
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Loaded chamber indicator.

They're all loaded, WTF is the point?
View Quote

True.

Not sure I would consider it overrated though...
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Grip zone
View Quote

That was my first thought.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Compensators and red dots on carry guns of diminutive caliber… like that 9mm recoil is out of control or it has enough range to warrant an optic.

LOL.
View Quote

I agree on the optics comment but on comps, well I used to feel the same way. Thought I was doing really good when a guy pulled up next to me at a match and offered to try his comped G45. It felt like I was cheating and I gotta admit, if god forbid I should ever have to use something in self defense with a handgun, I'd want to have that cheating edge and put more into them, especially failure to stop into more than one bad guy.

Now I want to comp all the things.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I use them left handed and they work fine. Sure aftermarket ones are slick but dam, if you are struggling with a charging handle that much maybe the AR isn't the platform for you. You know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works the same for a lefty as the M1s charging handle works for a righty.

Dont bother. He argues with everyone.

I use them left handed and they work fine. Sure aftermarket ones are slick but dam, if you are struggling with a charging handle that much maybe the AR isn't the platform for you. You know?

False equivalency. I am happy they work fine for you. They however don't with me. I don't know why this is hard for you both to accept that there is one guy out there that you have no control of and what he says doesn't affect you in any way, yet it really does upset you and for the life of me I cannot understand why this bothers you two. Maybe trying to give ill informed advice on the things you are not subject matter experts in is something you should consider as not being for you either. Because dam, you are not helping in any way. Meanwhile the AR15 with an ambidextrous CH is perfect for me because function matters more than form.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Gun Laws/Gun Free Zones.

/thread
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Forward assist on an AR
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The vis laser is for sighting in the IR laser

The vis laser is absolutely fantastic for keeping NPCs out of the picture.

Rolling up savages at night overseas could often draw the curious and various others purposefully or cluelessly coming along-
We specifically  went from PEQ2s to 15s for adding the visible.  People get the dot and GTFO.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#20]
ArizonaRiflemans posts and opinions
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#21]
That's something you see people rating very highly?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, it absolutely does not. I want my CH to work for a lefty the same way an OEM works for a righty.

For the record, I am not using it wrong, it's wrong for people that are not right handed. And I've already gotten a different CH.

I know that you think that you are helping, but you are not. The people that make the ignorant comments that we don't need anything other than OEM CH's are ignorant right handed people who lack critical thinking.

The A2 does not do anything better than what you're saying. Over 1/4 do indeed perform better than an A2. After seeing a bunch of Smith and Surefire pronged MD's alongside some A1 and A2's, the A1 and A2 were lightbulbs. The BCM Gunfighter hybrid while not being great at flash, does a better job at compensating. The A2 can't beat at comping and can't beat at flash suppression, so it's just cheap. Cheap isn't a function, it's a form. Function matters more than form.
View Quote

If what the right hand supremacists think is true, then we should be able to give them a left handed rifle and not have them utter even a peep in complaint.

Just train more bro.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Free hats.
View Quote
"Dillos" and their dust.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
nods

you spend the evenings at home

you aren't clapping anyone in the dark with a rifle
View Quote

How would you know?

You're at home.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Mk18's
Geissele
Jpc's
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Companies using "modularity" to sell everything piece part.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
nods

you spend the evenings at home

you aren't clapping anyone in the dark with a rifle
View Quote
Are you clapping people with a rifle in the daylight?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Full Auto
Ambi
Suppressed Pistols
E3 bolt
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Hillary Hole or the electric primer.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I agree on the optics comment but on comps, well I used to feel the same way. Thought I was doing really good when a guy pulled up next to me at a match and offered to try his comped G45. It felt like I was cheating and I gotta admit, if god forbid I should ever have to use something in self defense with a handgun, I'd want to have that cheating edge and put more into them, especially failure to stop into more than one bad guy.

View Quote

I was mostly joking… my primary carry gun is a G19C+RMR.

It’s fabulous and loud and has sweet flame jet….
It’s FLAMEboyant!

Haiku:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Gun locks that come with a new gun.
View Quote

Ooh, that's a good one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:10:13 PM EDT
[#34]
ARs with quick change barrels.  Easier and less expensive to just get multiple uppers, plus no loss of zero
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
De-cocker. [shudder]  I hate those things.
View Quote

I prefer the de cocker to a safety on a 92.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Cable lock that comes in the box
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#37]
VFGs.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
VFGs.
View Quote

Think of them as an index point for a light or a grip with your hand at a 45 degree angle between rail and grip.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#39]
The 1911.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

False equivalency. I am happy they work fine for you. They however don't with me. I don't know why this is hard for you both to accept that there is one guy out there that you have no control of and what he says doesn't affect you in any way, yet it really does upset you and for the life of me I cannot understand why this bothers you two. Maybe trying to give ill informed advice on the things you are not subject matter experts in is something you should consider as not being for you either. Because dam, you are not helping in any way. Meanwhile the AR15 with an ambidextrous CH is perfect for me because function matters more than form.

View Quote

Just how large of an optic are you using (and how far back) that you can’t use the two finger claw motion? Maybe I’m using mine wrong, but I have full access to the CH from the top on all my rifles.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

THIS, times one million.

Forward serrations first came into being on "race guns" where the frame-mounted RDS being used interfered with using the normal cocking serrations, and putting ones near the front allowed equivalent purchase on the slide.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

THIS, times one million.

You sure about that?

Quoted:
ArizonaRiflemans posts and opinions

Pretty sure there's only one guy overrating those.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
De-cocker. [shudder]  I hate those things.
View Quote

92G says differently.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Not reading the whole thread, gonna have to say piston ARs
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

92G says differently.

https://i.imgur.com/anDzwAz.jpg
View Quote

Decocker is the way on a DA/SA gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Decocker is the way on a DA/SA gun.
View Quote

Amen, Brother.  Amen.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It’s FLAMEboyant!

Haiku:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132797/5D913F58-0F4E-452F-8E6F-12A8EDBE04A9_jpe-2467381.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s FLAMEboyant!

Haiku:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132797/5D913F58-0F4E-452F-8E6F-12A8EDBE04A9_jpe-2467381.JPG
I have no clue what the haiku is for other than to shit post but the C model Glocks is a hard pass from me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]
RMR and the slides cut for them.

Yes, I have one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ambi everything
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just how large of an optic are you using (and how far back) that you can’t use the two finger claw motion? Maybe I’m using mine wrong, but I have full access to the CH from the top on all my rifles.
View Quote

If it doesn't work for me, then it doesn't work at all for me. This isn't hard to understand really. Use it how you like and leave the rest to how I like it up to me.

The claw is old school and a bit outdated. Plus when running a folding BUIS like a Troy or a Magpul MBUS, they're in the way from being able to effectively use a claw as fast as a pinch that righties do. Pinching the charging handle with your support hand’s index finger on the latch with the thumb backing it up at the tail end of the handle is more modern and more effective. This cannot be done with a left handed person using an OEM. The pinching method allows me to keep my left hand on the fire controls and back up and gunning in no time. Reaching over and clawing it is rather gross in function to me. I want ease of use, which is why cheap and effective isn't effective and is being superimposed without a critical thought. It explains why this is so hard for many to understand because to those taking this with any difficulty are not thinking this through because they're being stuck in their ways and cannot think of anyone else doing it any which way but theirs
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Using electronic sights on a carry gun
View Quote

I agree
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top