I will never buy myself an arfcom membership again
View Quote

that too, fuck those guys!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Stack on safes....i would still buy the cabinets

unless something big changes, im not happy/impressed with Gerber

Cross sightmark off the list as well

and unless it cant be helped, ATN is on my do not buy list after seeing all the expose threads on here
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything from Super Shoes. Their return policy is horrible.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Samsung anything, and others seem to have had my experience. The only thing of theirs I've bought and not hated was a PC monitor; but it's been used maybe 100 hours and I've had it for 6-7 years. Everything else of thiers was the pits in some form or another.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything from Rogue Brewery.

The beer is fantastic, but I once spent way too much money on every distilled spirit they sell to share with a bunch of family and close friends on the East Coast. Every single one of them was awful. One (one!) person thought the Spruce Gin was OK. I gave them the bottle.

I had reserved a bottle of their single malt whiskey for a friend that couldn't join us at the big party where we tasted all the others. He claimed it was "interesting" and not bad.

For the price? Utter horse shit.

I also avoid anything from CA if I can. Apparently some produce is only grown commercially in CA, but I buy Texas Ruby Red grapefruit and Florida oranges. Motherfuckers stole my Hawaiian Bonsai tree after it barely survived the drive from AK in February, claiming that there might be nematodes in the soil. The thing grew out of a lava rock, there wasn't a gram of soil on the thing. Fuck CA produce.
View Quote

WOW! Rogue is on my list as well. I was on a bike trip out that way and stopped there with friends for dinner. I ate half of my sandwich before I looked at the bun and realized there was fresh people blood on it (not mine). They berated the kitchen worker in front of me and made a big deal about how they were gonna see if they can comp the sandwich with fucking human blood on it. Shit, they barely did that, didn't offer a round of beers (AT THE BREWERY) to me or my three, now grossed out, friends. We tried to buy some liquor on the way out and the manager (who wanted commendation for getting the sandwich comped) told us they could only sell rum per the "statute of limitations". Half of us are lawyers and asked if he knew what that meant.

He then told us to try the distillery across the street (Rogue owned). We did, and they had been closed for hours. So much bullshit. It gets better. I emailed them a couple weeks later (after I got home from my trip) and said, I just want to let you know what happened, if it were my place, I would certainly want to know. I also included a link to my well established food website to show I was not a fraud. I didn't ask for anything, just letting them know. I get an email back from the CEO! He says he will investigate. Then radio silence. I wait a couple weeks and follow up. Nothing. He sends me a cryptic email six weeks later saying his response must have gone to spam. It did not. Then he follows up and says none of the kitchen staff said they cut themselves that day, there is no explanation for the blood! He basically called me a liar. What a fucking asshole. He later requested to friend me on LinkedIn . Also, he recently died, so I won in the end. I tell everyone that story, and will never touch a Rogue product for the rest of my life. I have the emails in case anyone wants to verify/see the derp first hand.

TL/DR: Blood sandwich/dick CEO/Fuck Rogue

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#8]

LG electronics: in the past year i have had two of their dehumidifiers AND a 6 month old BluRay player die.  the dehumidifiers were about a year and a half old.  FUCK LG.

GM: i don't have to go into any detail on this, folks before me and folks after me will provide plenty of info on why you should not touch any GM product.

Walmart-brand Duct Tape: https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1121123__ARCHIVED_THREAD____i_would_like_to_RANT_NOW____about_DUCT_TAPE.html

plastic gutter guards for keeping leaves out.  utter shit.

Fram filters no, strike that... anything from Pep Boys except Mobil1 oil.

that's about it.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Frontier Airlines.

I took a trip on them a couple of years ago.  In 3 of the 4 planes I was on something was being held together with duct tape.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Buffalo wild wings. I know they get a lot of hate but I used to like them a lot.  Nice and crispy and very saucy.  Last time I went, not only did I have to wait nearly an hour for my takeout order (it wasnt a big order and it was like 430...pretty sure there wete more staff than customers) but when I got my order my wings wete lukewarm, soft, and had a thin coat of dried sauce on them.  Looking back I wish I would have showed them to the manager and explained why they would never get a dime from me again. Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Chevy/GM
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Samuel Adams Beer (and for what it is worth - Ben and Jerry's Ice cream).  Both were my favorites - both decided to play liberal games.

BW3 is probably on the same list - but that is a store by store decision.

Play liberal games - loose conservative business.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think mine might be Brinkmann, I wasn't expecting world class or anything but holy fuck what a POS.  
View Quote
Taco bell

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#15]
VW cars.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
WOW! Rogue is on my list as well. I was on a bike trip out that way and stopped there with friends for dinner. I ate half of my sandwich before I looked at the bun and realized there was fresh people blood on it (not mine). They berated the kitchen worker in front of me and made a big deal about how they were gonna see if they can comp the sandwich with fucking human blood on it. Shit, they barely did that, didn't offer a round of beers (AT THE BREWERY) to me or my three, now grossed out, friends. We tried to buy some liquor on the way out and the manager (who wanted commendation for getting the sandwich comped) told us they could only sell rum per the "statute of limitations". Half of us are lawyers and asked if he knew what that meant.

He then told us to try the distillery across the street (Rogue owned). We did, and they had been closed for hours. So much bullshit. It gets better. I emailed them a couple weeks later (after I got home from my trip) and said, I just want to let you know what happened, if it were my place, I would certainly want to know. I also included a link to my well established food website to show I was not a fraud. I didn't ask for anything, just letting them know. I get an email back from the CEO! He says he will investigate. Then radio silence. I wait a couple weeks and follow up. Nothing. He sends me a cryptic email six weeks later saying his response must have gone to spam. It did not. Then he follows up and says none of the kitchen staff said they cut themselves that day, there is no explanation for the blood! He basically called me a liar. What a fucking asshole. He later requested to friend me on LinkedIn . Also, he recently died, so I won in the end. I tell everyone that story, and will never touch a Rogue product for the rest of my life. I have the emails in case anyone wants to verify/see the derp first hand.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The beer is fantastic, but I once spent way too much money on every distilled spirit they sell to share with a bunch of family and close friends on the East Coast. Every single one of them was awful. One (one!) person thought the Spruce Gin was OK. I gave them the bottle.

I had reserved a bottle of their single malt whiskey for a friend that couldn't join us at the big party where we tasted all the others. He claimed it was "interesting" and not bad.

I also avoid anything from CA if I can. Apparently some produce is only grown commercially in CA, but I buy Texas Ruby Red grapefruit and Florida oranges. Motherfuckers stole my Hawaiian Bonsai tree after it barely survived the drive from AK in February, claiming that there might be nematodes in the soil. The thing grew out of a lava rock, there wasn't a gram of soil on the thing. Fuck CA produce.

Damn, dude. You win.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#17]
$30 Rolex in Ensenada.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Home Vasectomy Kit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Tula ammo
Remington thunderbolt 22
Mercedes
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Scuba gear from Harbor Freight . . .
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Atari game console
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Ford/GM/Chrysler products. At least for as long as they use UAW labor.

Toro lawn mowers.  Piece of crap.

Anything from Dicks Sporting Goods.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Glock
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#24]
GE appliances

Chevy

The first model year of any vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Sony products
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#26]
There's so much crap out there I don't know where to begin.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Under no circumstances will I ever give another dime to Sirius XM.  One of their reps told me that the best way to get them to stop making unauthorized charges was to cancel my card, lectured me about telling him how to do his job, and refused to get a manager on the phone when asked.
View Quote

No fucking shit. I tried to cancel my service last night because I sold the car that had the radio. I told the guy an honest 8 times to cancel the service and send me a refund. He just would not get it. Then he wanted to send me a free satellite radio with the refund, and then asked me how I was going to pay for shipping. I damn near shit a brick and almost started yelling into the phone. No, I don't want a goddamn radio, I want my service cancelled and a refund!

After an honest 20 minutes of trying to get them to cancel my service it ended with:

They're sending me a free satellite radio; they will not accept no for an answer. They are paying shipping for it, because I told them I wouldn't. My service is being cancelled. They're issuing a refund. Not that I believe it, but I've gotten emails confirming both.

Yeah it's not even $40 but jesus christ. It should not have taken more than 5 minutes. As soon as the radio comes in, it gets taken to the range and either given away to the first person I see, or shot for scientific testing purposes. Because Science.

Never again will I be a voluntary Sirius/XM customer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Samsung TV's.

I used to own 4.

Three had bad caps in their power supplies. One was our living room TV, it was out of warranty and more or less junked and replaced with another. Two 32" units had their power supplies replaced under warranty only to show signs of going bad again within a year. The fourth TV (the replacement for the living room) blew something in the HDMI board less than a year after getting it and wouldn't accept any inputs. Samsung called that one "lightning strike" even though nothing else in the house was affected and refused to fix it under warranty.

All my TVs are Panasonics now.
View Quote

Came to post samsuck tvs.   DUck them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Anything that bears the brand of Sears or any of its subsidiaries.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I will never buy Harbor freight files again, looks like a monkey made them with a nail.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Name one product you will never buy again

View Quote

Marriage.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Heep, I mean Jeep (anything Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat.)
Black and Decker anything
GE anything
Lot of things I can't think of now.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#33]
A PC.  If I can't have a Mac, I'll do without.

Tampax (been spayed)
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Chrysler

Txl
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Chrysler/Dodge car = Junk!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Chevy.
View Quote

x10
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

A PC.  If I can't have a Mac, I'll do without.

View Quote
OMG, my dream woman is now dead to me.

I don't hate Apple products at all. I acknowledge that they are good at what they do.  I don't like the Apple cult followers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

damn, that is real disappointing to hear. not totally surprised about the liquor story (ive only had and would only buy their beer) but the in house story is appalling....
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Genie garage door openers.

What a POS.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#40]
And I thought a thread like this would draw out the Apple haters in droves. Where are they?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Hate to say it, but any optic made by Primary Arms

I will always buy from the company/site, but after 3 consecutive issues, I'm done with their name-brand optics
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#42]
A tablet.

It's the perfect size to be too slow to be used as a computer and too small to be carried like a phone for limited usage. Also the operating systems are annoying as hell.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think mine might be Brinkmann, I wasn't expecting world class or anything but holy fuck what a POS.  

View Quote

Nissan car or truck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#44]
McDonalds
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Dodge
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Anything sold, provided or marketed by Comcast.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Chevrolet and GE.  

Why two?  Because fuck your rules, you're not my real dad.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Cheap painter's tape. I think my top 5 'most pissed off' moments all involved tape that didn't stick properly .
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I've got a decently long list of products I'll no longer buy but Sony is at the top of it.  Fuck them and it all started with Rootkits.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dodge
View Quote

Didn't think of this. Guess that would be higher on my list than McDondalds.
I had an 89 Dakota that had 80K on it. Oh and it only took 6 transmissions to get it there. Chrysler bought it back and gave me a 1991 Dakota. On the second transmission at 22k I traded it on a Ford and I've never looked back
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top