Harley Davidson

Sam's Club grill (Member's Mark)

Troy Bilt mower

Any Apple product, including both the fruit and the company

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ANY kind of extended or aftermarket warranty from department stores, dealerships, etc.
View Quote

I used to think that too.  I bought a floor-model LG big ass washer from Home Depot.  Got a good price so I figgered to spend the extra money on the 3 year warranty since my fancy expensive Kenmore fucked up on me about 4 times.

Surer than shit, the LG washer took a shit.  We actually waited at least a week for the uncommon part and it was taken care of by the warranty.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
F.O.R.D......Fucked Over Really Decent    and  G.E.  Genital Erectdic  !  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Too many to list...

...longest running personal boycott is McDonalds.

I have not eaten there since 1974.

Backstory is CSB, so I won't.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used to think that too.  I bought a floor-model LG big ass washer from Home Depot.  Got a good price so I figgered to spend the extra money on the 3 year warranty since my fancy expensive Kenmore fucked up on me about 4 times.

Surer than shit, the LG washer took a shit.  We actually waited at least a week for the uncommon part and it was taken care of by the warranty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ANY kind of extended or aftermarket warranty from department stores, dealerships, etc.

This does not make me think I need to buy extended warranties.

It makes me think you need to pick better brands.

Of course, those better brands are much more expensive, but they also don't break easily.

Miele is on my A+ double good list since replacing my 3rd dishwasher in 10 years the other year.  I finally got fed up and stopped buying maytag, GE, etc.  The Miele I have is the first one to NOT BREAK in the first 24 months.  It cost twice what the others cost, but it actually works as advertised.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Green bananas.

After a certain age, that becomes a consideration.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
A front wheel drive GM vehicle with a 6 cylinder engine.

I've had 3 personally owned GM front wheel drive 3.8L vehicles shit a transmission around 110K miles.  Our PDs lots and SO lot have a total of 8 that have shit transmissions at right around the same mileage.  Several Impalas that haven't dumped the transmission didn't get enough miles on the engine to have the chance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Newman is dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
Newman's Own (Newman is one of those "Free Mumia" folks)

Newman is dead.

That's true.  

But his company lives on.  I wonder if they continue to funnel some of their profits to political causes Newman used to support?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Owens Breakfast Burritos - food poisoning, 1992

Raw Oysters on a half shell, Perlas, Austin, TX - Food poisoning, 2012
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
F.O.R.D......Fucked Over Really Decent    and  G.E.  Genital Erectdic  !  
View Quote

Michael Savage, is that you?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
GE appliance.
View Quote

This

Fuck fuck fuck GE appliances.  May the the fuck be upon them
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Samsung appliances and any pmag that isn't gen 1
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Huh, I have a Samsung TV and it works fine. But it was bought in 2007 or 2008.

Always maxi pads suck ass. The WM generic work better. Also, Tampax Pearl tampons are torture devices. I'll stick to Kotex.

I always wanted a Colt 1911 bc that is what I grew up shooting but my mom said it "exploded". All I could think was that was weird, it was a Colt, not a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ruby Tuesdays. Group of us (8) went to one in Atlanta after a car show. Took 45 minutes to get a table, when the place was about a third full, wasn't a problem at first since we just went to the bar for a beer. Another 20 minutes goes by before we get a drink order in. another 20 minutes before we get our drinks. Thirty minutes later, the waiter finally comes back to get our food order. AN HOUR goes by before we get our food. We called out the manager and told him he was paying for it since it took so long. didn't even get drink refills.
View Quote

Oh yeah, Ruby Tuesday gives me the runs. Ugh .
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ed Brown 1911
View Quote

Wat
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Burger King.  

Last time I had it was about 12 years ago.  Gave me food poisoning so bad I was throwing up chunks of undigested hamburger 8 hours later.  Havent eaten since and see no need to.
View Quote

Yup, I wouldn't feed that crap to a stray dog.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Extended warranties.  I'll insure myself!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Buggy whip
Anvil
Acme Rocket Kit sold by Wily Coyote
Pfluegelhorn
Trebuchet
Marriage license
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

We tried to buy some liquor on the way out and the manager (who wanted commendation for getting the sandwich comped) told us they could only sell rum per the "statute of limitations". Half of us are lawyers and asked if he knew what that meant.

View Quote

Comedy gold.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Services from a lady with an Adams apple.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

300 BLK..
View Quote

I reload them too.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ya'll either have weak constitutions, or live in very dirty areas.  

I'll never buy Moxie again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Burger King.  

Last time I had it was about 12 years ago.  Gave me food poisoning so bad I was throwing up chunks of undigested hamburger 8 hours later.  Havent eaten since and see no need to.

Yup, I wouldn't feed that crap to a stray dog.

Ya'll either have weak constitutions, or live in very dirty areas.  

I'll never buy Moxie again.

I'm a pretty adventurous eater and in my case it was the bad version of E. coli... made quite a few people sick. It even made the local news.
I've never been that sick before and was off work for a week. I can't even smell BK without getting a little disgusted.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#25]
rain-x, keep that shit away from my truck
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Samsung dishwasher. Waited and waited to buy it to match the rest of our kitchen. Biggest overpriced  POS ever.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A-Treat soda.
View Quote

rumor has it they are coming back

http://www.phillyvoice.com/a-treat-soda-new-owner/
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Starbucks coffee.

They can take their Race Together program and put it where the sun don't shine.    I don't need a 22 year old gender studies major lecturing me about race relations based on me being a white male ordering a cup of coffee.  

Hello Dunkin Donuts!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Comcast services
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Spanish Fly or X-Ray glasses
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

yup. last time i was at BWW we were at a table less than 20 feet from the bar. they were not busy. everything we ordered took twice as long as it should. 20min minimum to get a beer. food came out cold. took it back, then food came out wrong. my buddys girl tried to order us shots to cheer us up (mostly her idea that we go there) and they wouldnt serve her at first because "she'd had too many" when she had only had one beer since she was driving (and wasnt planning on taking shots).

literally the absolute worst experience i have had at a restaurant...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buffalo wild wings. I know they get a lot of hate but I used to like them a lot.  Nice and crispy and very saucy.  Last time I went, not only did I have to wait nearly an hour for my takeout order (it wasnt a big order and it was like 430...pretty sure there wete more staff than customers) but when I got my order my wings wete lukewarm, soft, and had a thin coat of dried sauce on them.  Looking back I wish I would have showed them to the manager and explained why they would never get a dime from me again. Oh well.

yup. last time i was at BWW we were at a table less than 20 feet from the bar. they were not busy. everything we ordered took twice as long as it should. 20min minimum to get a beer. food came out cold. took it back, then food came out wrong. my buddys girl tried to order us shots to cheer us up (mostly her idea that we go there) and they wouldnt serve her at first because "she'd had too many" when she had only had one beer since she was driving (and wasnt planning on taking shots).

literally the absolute worst experience i have had at a restaurant...

Damn, that does sound like a nightmare.

In my high school days, I worked at Wendy's...even then I had enough appreciation for people (and their hard earned money they were spending on a product I was expected to serve them up to the standard it was expected to be served) that I ensured no bullshit like that ever went out the windows.  So yeah, I have zero tolerance for employees who give zero fucks whether or not they are serving a product that is up to the quality/freshness that it is expected to be.

My personal rule is this: I don't send food back (unless it is blatantly the wrong order or made wrong) but when I get a product that I am so dissatisfied with as the one I mentioned, I just never go back.  

Once again, I think more would be accomplished if I told a manager or something why I would never step foot in their establishment again (respectfully, and without expecting money back/discount of course) and that if they didn't want other customers to do the same, they should stop serving bullshit to paying customers.

It just really irks me when employees have so little respect for the money that people are spending at their establishment they think it is okay to serve cold food that looks like it was set up on a table and forgotten about for half an hour.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Starbucks coffee.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Any thing Pro Mag.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I think mine might be Brinkmann, I wasn't expecting world class or anything but holy fuck what a POS.  

View Quote

Brinkmann what?  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Spanish Fly or X-Ray glasses
View Quote

I always thought those ads for Spanish Fly were funny, as they always contained "spurious" or "placebo", they knew 99% of the idiots/kids ordering the shit would have no idea what either of those meant...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Toyota.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#37]
federal 22LR ammo.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Coleman and all subsidiaries. GM. GE.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sunkist Orange Diet Soda.... they have the worst quality control. I got another batch that tasted like old dirt
View Quote

I got a soggy orange tinted fingernail clipping in the last orange sunkist I drank.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Kel Tec anything.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Anything from Moe's Southwest Grill.  All the meat looked the same - gray.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Dish network
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Any thing Pro Mag.

View Quote

I second that emotion.  

Incompetent monkeys.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ever since Intermedia Outdoors (Guns & Ammo, Shotgun News, etc) tried to send a collections agency after me, I would never buy their product again, and I discourage anyone I can from subscribing to any of their magazines.

I just looked at the original letter I sent them, it was dated August 27, 2008, so yes I do hold a grudge.

View Quote

I'm curious about this.  Did you have a subscription that they messed up, or what went down?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#46]
A chevy.... 1997 silveraldo ... 5.7... Brand new..... Never again.... A piece of shit..... Just saying ...
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#47]
.....toilet paper.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Kimber
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Camel Lights
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top