Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Live trap, cheap canned cat food.
View Quote
This is the way.   Don't just turn them loose and make someone else suffer.  Theyve learned a bad behavior.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If you shoot 'em you're going to have a terrible mess. Work on your trapping skills and take them somewhere else to whack the bastards. Tuna, cat food, etc., for bait. Put the trap outside, near their entry area, so they don't associate the attic with food.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is the answer, but a crossbow would be more satisfying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Live trap, cheap canned cat food.

This is the answer, but a crossbow would be more satisfying.

They're not mutually exclusive.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to walmart and get two or three buckets of the largest size Vaseline you can find.

Grease the heck out of the downspout they are using to climb so they can get down but can't get up.

Use live traps near the bottom and drown them in a garbage can for quiet dispatch.

As others have said, cat food is a good trap bait.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wow, where can you trap like that?  Alaska?

We can only use body grips on elevated or water sets...  :(
View Quote

Attics are usually “elevated”
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Had to do this a few times. Just hope the big one isn’t pregnant and gives premature birth right after you blow it’s face off… don’t ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Had to do this a few times. Just hope the big one isn’t pregnant and gives premature birth right after you blow it’s face off… don’t ask me how I know.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Body grip trap in the attic.

Conibear 220 or 330.

Use marshmallows for bait.

If you use a live trap, it has to big one or one with small mesh in the bait area or they will pull the bait out.

View Quote

Correct. Bucket with bait in back, conibear up front.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those little ones should be easy to kill
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
If there has ever been a legit use case for an M249, this is it.

You can approach the matter from multiple angles… fire from the ground as you walk around your home, or pop up through the attic and spin.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the only correct answer.

Quoted:
Get yourself a suppressed .22lr pistol, a garrote, and a realistic racoon costume.  Hang out by the trash and when they come to feed give them something tasty.  Do this a few times to gain their trust.  Once they trust you, embed even deeper into the group by dating one of the daughters.  You don't have to bang her, explain that you want to save yourself for marriage.  Thanksgiving is coming up, so propose that week and plan a big celebratory trash can Thanksgiving dinner.  They will be fat and sleepy after dinner and excited about the upcoming nuptials and will have their guard down.  After dinner, offer to help the mom take the trash to the trash can.  Take the mom out at the trash can with the garrote while she is gathering food.  Call one of the sons out and tell him his mom passed out.  When he bends over to check on her, use the garrote again.  Here's where it gets tricky, carry the moms body back to the attic and say she had a heart attack.  While they swarm around her, use the suppressed .22lr pistol to take as many head shots as you can followed by gut shots.  Follow the blood trails and execute the wounded ones.  Problem solved, problem staying solved.  

https://images.halloweencostumes.com/products/57212/1-41/adult-realistic-raccoon-costume.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Get yourself a suppressed .22lr pistol, a garrote, and a realistic racoon costume.  Hang out by the trash and when they come to feed give them something tasty.  Do this a few times to gain their trust.  Once they trust you, embed even deeper into the group by dating one of the daughters.  You don't have to bang her, explain that you want to save yourself for marriage.  Thanksgiving is coming up, so propose that week and plan a big celebratory trash can Thanksgiving dinner.  They will be fat and sleepy after dinner and excited about the upcoming nuptials and will have their guard down.  After dinner, offer to help the mom take the trash to the trash can.  Take the mom out at the trash can with the garrote while she is gathering food.  Call one of the sons out and tell him his mom passed out.  When he bends over to check on her, use the garrote again.  Here's where it gets tricky, carry the moms body back to the attic and say she had a heart attack.  While they swarm around her, use the suppressed .22lr pistol to take as many head shots as you can followed by gut shots.  Follow the blood trails and execute the wounded ones.  Problem solved, problem staying solved.  

https://images.halloweencostumes.com/products/57212/1-41/adult-realistic-raccoon-costume.jpg

Quoted:
@shack357

Its not an organophosphate, there is zero phosphorus in the chemical structure of the thing we're talking about.  

I have been waiting patiently for the big reveal as to what organophosphate poison it was. Genuinely curious.

Quoted:
could way to get rid of all the beneficial predators too. who needs owls, eagles, hawks and the friendly bug controller possums

Fuck everything in my attic. Sovereign, I control my border!

Quoted:
Buy a 100.00 ozone generator off Amazon. Turn it on in the attic and be ready to close the holes when they move out.  Don't breathe it your self it's nasty shit

Real talk, that's not a bad idea.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They are very, very tough animals. I've seen one take many 9mm (124gr+P GDHP and 135gr Critical Duty) and 5.56 rounds (75gr hp and 62gr federal fusion), like 15-20, including head shots and just not die. Skunk are also pretty tough.
View Quote

Using defense/deer ammo. Use a 42? Grain .223 HP.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've cleaned racoon shit off roofs and valley's and I'd hate to have several 5 gallon buckets worth a month in my attic. You can retrieve it and burn it, it wouldn't make it far enough to destroy the echo system or rot away in a wall.

I retract my poison statement because I didn't know it was illegal but if it wasn't it would be a simple solution without contaminating the wildlife population.
View Quote

Hat tip for actually changing course.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Repair all entrances/ exits that the raccoons use except 1 or 2.
Use one way doors  on the remaining openings.
Put an AM radio blasting Spanish on the opposite end of the attic.
Throw a couple of handfuls of moth balls in the corners.

They have to come out for water.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top