Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/16/2015 6:51:04 PM EDT
This "kid" is 19 and comes to visit his mom every other day. Today I came home and he's parked in front of my mailbox and partially blocking my driveway.  He could park in front of his mother's house but that would block their mailbox. Apparently it's OK to block mine but not theirs. They have a Driveway that can accommodate 4 cars. Not sure why he doesn't use it. Maybe his car is too low?

Anyway, where I come from it's impolite to park in front of someone's house/ mailbox and he's done it quite a few times.

So, I checked for mail and I didn't have any and thought the mail hadn't arrived.  I walked over and knocked on the door and politely asked her to have him move his car. She said the mail already came. I said OK and said I didn't have any because his car was blocking the mailbox and to not park in front of it any more. She screams I'll have him move it and slams the door.

Don't know WTF her issue is. She makes her kids come inside when mine go out to play. She used to talk to us and we used to watch her pets when she left for vacation. Wtf?

Should I ask if there is something we did to piss her off or just leave it alone and just let her be the way she's being.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This "kid" is 19 and comes to visit his mom every other day. Today I came home and he's parked in front of my mailbox and partially blocking my driveway.  He could park in front of his mother's house but that would block their mailbox. Apparently it's OK to block mine but not theirs. They have a Driveway that can accommodate 4 cars. Not sure why he doesn't use it. Maybe his car is too low?

Anyway, where I come from it's impolite to park in front of someone's house/ mailbox and he's done it quite a few times.

So, I checked for mail and I didn't have any and thought the mail hadn't arrived.  I walked over and knocked on the door and politely asked her to have him move his car. She said the mail already came. I said OK and said I didn't have any because his car was blocking the mailbox and to not park in front of it any more. She screams I'll have him move it and slams the door.

Don't know WTF her issue is. She makes her kids come inside when mine go out to play. She used to talk to us and we used to watch her pets when she left for vacation. Wtf?

Should I ask if there is something we did to piss her off or just leave it alone and just let her be the way she's being.
View Quote

Tell her not to park in front of your mailbox and driveway.  If that fails, have the car towed.  Stupidity has consequences.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Take a picture of his car parked in front of the mailbox, file a complaint with local PD, and if he parks it there again or ivernight have it towed. Fuck them.

Eta, beat by seconds
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, that is a crappy situation for sure.  I HATE rude people.  Karma is a B!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
IMO having to counsel neighbors in order to have a rainbows and sunshine relationship isn't worth it.  It will always be something with people like that.

Stick to the neighbors who you have a real connection with.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
move your mailbox
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

move your mailbox
View Quote

Fuck that, why inconvenience himself?

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Let it be. But definitely press the parking.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Not much you can do, since it's a public street...

I have the same problem. Neighbor's grandson lives with them. GF always over to visit, parks her hooptie right in front of my house, despite the fact that there's no house across the street (big fucking hedgerow). She'll use my driveway as part of her 3 point turn to park in front of my house. All to avoid waddling across the street to see her boo.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

move your mailbox
View Quote
I should mention, it's a cul de sac so room is at a premium. Second, I'm renting while I'm stationed out here. That means I can't move the mailbox.

Can you really have a vehicle towed that's on a public street? Isn't blocking mail box against the law?

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Would be an awful shame if something happened to his car every time he parks in front of your mailbox.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Take a picture of his car parked in front of the mailbox, file a complaint with local PD, and if he parks it there again or ivernight have it towed. Fuck them.

Eta, beat by seconds
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eta, beat by seconds

What do you think the police will do?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Back into the kid's car.  Tell her it was at a funny angle.  Hit it three or four times and maybe they'll get the hint.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can you really have a vehicle towed that's on a public street? Isn't blocking mail box against the law?

View Quote

no and no
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I should mention, it's a cul de sac so room is at a premium. Second, I'm renting while I'm stationed out here. That means I can't move the mailbox.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
move your mailbox

I don't think so, but parking in front of someone's driveway usually is.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Better yet, move his car for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

move your mailbox

IT IS AGAINST COC TO ADVOCATE GRAND THEFT AUTO. PLEASE REMOVE AND REPORTED

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Back into the kid's car.  Tell her it was at a funny angle.  Hit it three or four times and maybe they'll get the hint.

View Quote
I do have s shitty cargo carrier mounted to my 4runner. Then again KY is a no fault state.

Eta: not that I would do that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Would be an awful shame if something happened to his car every time he parks in front of your mailbox.
View Quote

Take a few wood screws, get them rusty. Usually battery acid does this in 1-2 days. Leave them under tires leaning in to the tread.  It's not illegal to block a mailbox. If you want to press the issue, your mail carrier has to report it up the chain of command. Unfortunately based on past interactions with the postal service, GFL
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
move your mailbox

You don't NEED an tow truck to move a car.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
no and no

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

no and no

That's what I figured

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Start parking in front of her mailbox
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s230.photobucket.com/user/justinsbuckeyes/media/Flashing_Lights_Police.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee237/justinsbuckeyes/Flashing_Lights_Police.gif</a>

I hope you are kidding as I am sure the "move his car for him" was a joke.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
move your mailbox

<a href="http://s230.photobucket.com/user/justinsbuckeyes/media/Flashing_Lights_Police.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee237/justinsbuckeyes/Flashing_Lights_Police.gif</a>

I hope you are kidding as I am sure the "move his car for him" was a joke.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

BOOM
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

park in her driveway, if she asks say you thought she wouldnt mind ...continue until shithead figures it out
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
BOOM
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

BOOM
Lol best answer yet

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Next time, uproot your mailbox, and slam it straight through the roof of his car.  It might be a bit too high for the mailman to reach, so remove his wheels and slam the roof down lower with a sledge hammer.  Stencil your last name and house number on the door of his car.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
This is the best way.

Fucking works.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Simplest answer, is best answer.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Action Figure Therapy has already addressed this.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Communication is key. I would talk to her and find out what the issue is. ....but that's me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Mailbox laws depend on city state, it's pretty cut and dry in my city:

Drivers may not stop, stand or park vehicles in the right-of-way in front of mailboxes between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., except on postal holidays or to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic control device. (Ord. 1092 § 4, 2015)

If it's not ticketable/towable offense, that sucks... it really should be...
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#34]
damage the mailbox, depending on how it is anchored, pull it in towards the yard, as if it was hit by a car parking by it,
put a corresponding dent in the kids car.

photograph it.

profit.

not that you should actually do this, but it is an interesting thought experiment....
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is the best way.  

Fucking works.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the best way.  

Fucking works.  

Agreed!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Tell her not to park in front of your mailbox and driveway.  If that fails, have the car towed.  Stupidity has consequences.
View Quote

Good luck getting a car legally parked on the street towed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Couple options:
Put a traffic cone in front of your mailbox in the street.

Call the city and tell them you're moving, and the truck needs a place to park. They may have no parking signs put out. Once dipdork parks there ignoring the signs, call the city and have him towed.

Contact your HOA and/or landlord.

whatever you do, DO NOT deal with the people doing it again. I had a similar issue with the dude across the street where I lived in Baltimore. He'd write notes on our cars telling us "or else" and crap like that. I went to the county and got a peace order on him. It was ridiculously easy, and he had to give up his guns. It's been like four years, and I'm not sure he ever got them back. (FWIW, it was a single Sears 12-gauge.)
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Just set the car on fire.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Truck
Chain
Profit!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Park in front of hers.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the only reasonable solution I could think of, as well.

If there is a risk of the fire damaging your grass, just pour some cat urine in his cowl vents.  I'm not sure where to buy cat urine, but surely there is a cat urine supplier in the yellow pages somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

or her house?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Maybe you could move to a better neighborhood...with a better class of people around?

I don't have these sort of problems, because I own 500 acres and my neighbors are far away.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
move your mailbox

This is always an option for a man with a 4WD truck with a 2-speed transfer case and a 6,000 lb tow strap. One of life's little pleasures.

Way back, I had a girlfriend who had this dumbass frat boy neighbor who liked to park blocking her driveway. I asked once nicely. Next time, I asked less nicely. Next time I backed up, hooked him up and dragged his shitty SUV out and left it in the middle of the street blocking traffic. We never had a problem with him doing that again.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Eta, beat by seconds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eta, beat by seconds

This.  I had this same issue, and have friends at the local PD.  He told me it could be towed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Maybe you could move to a better neighborhood...with a better class of people around?

I don't have these sort of problems, because I own 500 acres and my neighbors are far away.
View Quote
How insightful and yet completely full of shit all at the same time.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#48]
China marker on the window explaining his error in plain language.

I did this to an asshole parking in front of my mailbox. (Several others as well)
He never parked there again.

BTW: It wipes off with a paper towel.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Have some friends over, and make sure to park in front and behind his car so close he cant move.

Or if his drivers door is available, park so close to it he cant get in it.

Or move it for him, drag his car into the middle of the street and call the cops telling them someone is blocking the road.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Check with the Post Office OP.  The mail carrier might be able to tag his car with a notice.  

Call upon the Power of the Postal Clause!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top