Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Always liked Chicago cops checkerboard.

Makes them look like cabbies.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe they are recreating the Army Air Forces “crusher” look.

Good grief, the stuff you guys get triggered over, it’s like a bunch of liberals.
View Quote

GD = Guy's Drama.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Idk what part you're commenting on, because NJ isn't new england.
View Quote

I was referring to southern schooling, but after reading your following posts, you're wound pretty tight. You should relax.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I never had a problem with any police officer or Border Patrol man the entire time I lived there. They were all pretty chill.  Infact NM in general was a pretty chill place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NMSP were always good to me for the ten years I lived there.  They were very casual about having a loaded sidearm on the seat next to me when I was pulled over.

NMSP Officer during traffic stop:  “Is that your handgun?”

Me:  “Yes it is”

NMSP Officer:  “ok, just leave it on the seat during the stop”.  

I can only imagine how well that would go down in NJ…

I never had a problem with any police officer or Border Patrol man the entire time I lived there. They were all pretty chill.  Infact NM in general was a pretty chill place.

Didn’t you live in or close to Las Cruces?  Being “chill” so close to the border would be difficult at best, I would think.  

Lots of bad things travel I-10 (and I-40 for that matter).   I was on the eastern side of the state in farm country close to the TX NM state line.  ETA:  I loved living in a small rural town-a dream I had since visiting rural towns all over the west as a young child.  I hated growing up in a congested city (look at me now lol).

NMSP uniform was traditional, and as far as I can tell hasn’t changed since featured in the movie “Them”.  I can’t recall seeing one worn with a “crushed” cover aviation style.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was referring to southern schooling, but after reading your following posts, you're wound pretty tight. You should relax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wound tight? Fuck.

I need to go vacation to the midwest to see the grand canyon or something.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

To the rest of us it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jersey isn't new england?

Public school.

To the rest of us it is.

YankeeLand.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Those hats look Nazi but they’re actually just gay.

Super gay.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wound tight? Fuck.

I need to go vacation to the midwest to see the grand canyon or something.
View Quote

Me, too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting - NJSP actually have a second strap specifically to go over the crown, causing the effect being discussed.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
While the New Jersey State Police do indeed look like they’re ready to invade Poland New York takes the prize for the gayest hats of any state LE organization. Tiny little tall hats with a purple sash.

The Pennsylvania State Police chinstrap is a close second for retarded head gear.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Those hats look Nazi but they’re actually just gay.

Super gay.

View Quote

Like Y M C A Gay
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
While the New Jersey State Police do indeed look like they’re ready to invade Poland New York takes the prize for the gayest hats of any state LE organization. Tiny little tall hats with a purple sash.

The Pennsylvania State Police chinstrap is a close second for retarded head gear.
View Quote

Pic please of this NY little tall hat with purple sash.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small brim, tall crown, just a ridiculous looking hat all the way around.

Pennsylvania.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still communist-lite in both cases.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Always liked Chicago cops checkerboard.

Makes them look like cabbies.
View Quote

Or English cops.
First time in Heathrow Airport. They were walking around in pairs with their checkerboard hats and sub guns. I was tempted to chat with them and ask for a pic. But British people have no sense of humor. I figured the cops were even worse. So I didn’t.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.syracuse.com/resizer/mlCQmNqWb1ornU3lJQwgApuUDcY=/1280x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/image.advance.net/home/adv-media/width2048/img/newyorkupstatecom_national_desk_blog/photo/2016/10/22/beth-with-superintendent-bejpg-76d742e0ca0664e1.jpg

Pennsylvania.

https://www.pennlive.com/resizer/W84yk0SK63xB9m4nSso7mck4rxQ=/1280x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/image.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/width2048/img/politics_impact/photo/pennsylvania-state-police-cadet-147th-graduating-class-911e5f47c800b147jpg-c38852cb0ebd24d2.jpg

Why do the women have the Sam Brown strap and the man doesn’t?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:09:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.syracuse.com/resizer/mlCQmNqWb1ornU3lJQwgApuUDcY=/1280x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/image.advance.net/home/adv-media/width2048/img/newyorkupstatecom_national_desk_blog/photo/2016/10/22/beth-with-superintendent-bejpg-76d742e0ca0664e1.jpg

Pennsylvania.

https://www.pennlive.com/resizer/W84yk0SK63xB9m4nSso7mck4rxQ=/1280x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/image.pennlive.com/home/penn-media/width2048/img/politics_impact/photo/pennsylvania-state-police-cadet-147th-graduating-class-911e5f47c800b147jpg-c38852cb0ebd24d2.jpg

The guy isn’t wearing a jacket. Perhaps the strap is only to be worn with the jacket? He also has some stars on his collar and appears to be a long time trooper based on his age. I’m guessing he can more or less do what he wants when it comes to uniform standards.

I honestly have no idea and am just guessing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#19]
One of the state police uniforms up there looks like a 1937 SA outfit.

Just different colors. Iirc NJ
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Mass State Police winter uniforms make them look like they're getting ready to invade Poland.
View Quote

Matt Damon The Departed “You got any suits at home? Or dressed like you’re gonna invade Poland?”
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#21]
The uniforms follow that of late 19th / early 20th century martial uniforms of the US.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like they should come with Jack boots and those fluffy riding breeches.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What do I know about East Coast geography?
I'm a cracker.

But I do know that Texas Highway Patrol has the sharpest uniform in the United States.
View Quote
Cowboy hats look stupid unless you're wearing the Rural County Sheriff uniform (blue jeans, white shirt, Stetson, and tan, tooled-leather gunbelt with matching holster for 1911, two spare mags and single cuff case.).

Crushed Douglas MacArthur wannabe hats and Sam Browne belts look stupid.

Smokey Bears look the stupidest of all unless you work for a National Park.  

Pretty much any dress hat worn by police looks stupid.  I hate wearing my Stetson because I look like a tard.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Jawohl, mein Obergruppenfuhrer!

*clicks heels, annexes Czechoslovakia*
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I could cut the yankees some slack if we could all just come to the consensus that blue is for policing. Not that giant ass 1950's red fucking dome. Or cruise lights, or that silly lexan thing that goes on the hood.

Having all that and that crushed hat at the same time? That's just too much. Bet their firefighters are still wearing leather helmets too.

(saying all that, my last sheriff's patrol uniform two years ago was the same fabric and cut that andy griffith specified for his department. (shrugs) years of tradition unimpeded by progress.)
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Meh, cops always like to pretend they aren’t civilians anyway. Wearing military ribbons for their own made up awards.

Chiefs wearing stars on their uniform like they are a general. Peacetime soldiers always at war and all that nonsense.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:31:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I get it. I'm from Kansas. Everything from Eastern OH, VA, to the top of NC is New England to me.
View Quote

That sounds as retarded as me thinking everything west of the Mississippi is the west coast and a bunch of California retards.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:40:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I get it. I'm from Kansas. Everything from Eastern OH, VA, to the top of NC is New England to me.
View Quote

Pretty much the entire country considers that New England.

Perhaps “New England” has a technical/historical definition but nobody besides East coasters who want to split hairs cares about it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

True, but we don't care. It's all just a big weird blob that makes no sense.
View Quote

yeah, who cares. Just a big ol' blob that started a revolution that founded this country.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:50:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How did that get started? Hats with the squished down sides. They look like gestappo. Well from my perspective being from Houston. Looks especially stupid when a woman cop is wearing one.
View Quote

Sooo.. being from Houston, you were expecting assless chaps to go along with that ensamble..?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
With zero research, what I recall from urban legend, it is post WW2 when USAAF pilots wore headseats over their caps it crushed them like that. German tank commanders also wore similar hats with headsets with the same result. ETA the PDs copied the look.
View Quote

My uncle was a B-17 pilot in 1944, he told me guys wore their hats in the shower to weather them and look like they had a 40 mission crush.

In 1944 not very many made it to 25 missions, not the crews and not the planes.  Crews did not get a plane, they flew what they were assigned but often did several consecutive missions in the same plane.

How many of todays NE cops flew missions against Germany?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:19:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

YankeeLand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Public school.

To the rest of us it is.

YankeeLand.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:41:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So why did NewEngland cops start doing that to their hats. When Southern cops didn’t. Neither did California cops.
View Quote

They got it from New Jersey Staties
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:46:47 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

So did the Army Air Corps hats.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:50:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mass State Police winter uniforms make them look like they're getting ready to invade Poland.
View Quote
I have high confidence that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police of Rhode Island will stand up for the Poles.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Even has the Nazi expression to go along with the Nazi hat.

Damn. How hard can it be to change the uniform into something that looks American?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I read somewhere that the NJSP uniform pre-dates what the Nazis wore.
View Quote

So the Nazis wanted to be like the NJSP?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We flew into Boston a couple of weeks ago, and there was a pair of Staties. One of their hats was clown worthy.

ETA: worse than this:

https://arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-bostonglobe.s3.amazonaws.com/public/6EAWBVEHBII6BLF3XBOZIPEVUQ.jpg
View Quote

Geeez.   Diversity hire = Full Bird Colonel.     #goosestepping#stasi#hideyourdag
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How did that get started? Hats with the squished down sides. They look like gestappo. Well from my perspective being from Houston. Looks especially stupid when a woman cop is wearing one.
View Quote

Women shouldn't be cops.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Definitely going for the Nazi / KKK fatass Southern depression-era cop vibe.

Do any agencies up there in commie land still wear the jodhpurs?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#50]
If these hats are the real ones, it's amusing how despite being state police from different states, it appears almost everyone buys the exact same hat model, just with different colors and badges. (and the tassle looking thing)

I wonder where they're buying them from? I imagine whoever it is, they own a monopoly on trooper hats across the entire US.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top