BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I can't wait. I'll be preordering the vinyl on Wednesday for sure.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 6:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw them for the first time on the Piece of Mind Tour.  Seen them most all tours since and ALL the important ones including Fear of the Dark that was a really limited NA tour.

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

heallyeahbrother.jpg.

From July 30, 2019 in Philadelphia:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54763/073019-beast_jpg-2020661.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Portland, OR not quite two months later.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhBnW7bZHEE

Hopefully this means we’ll see a new album before the end of the year.
View Quote

September 3. "Senjutsu". Reading is fundamental.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Lyrics are excellent. Sound is a bit off for Maiden, but the real test of the listener is if he appreciates the lyrics.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

September 3. "Senjutsu". Reading is fundamental.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip, but when I posted that YT link there was nothing after the first two lines in the video description.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Surprised the video content isn't being discussed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
As a long, long time Maiden fan...

Not crazy about it. The song is pretty slow and plodding. Not a fan of the lyrics or guitar.

And I definitely don't need politics in my metal. I have a feeling these guys are about done, which is sad.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I love Maiden.  Been to nearly a dozen shows over the past 37 years.  Own every album and even like the Blaze stuff.  But this song ain't doing it for me.  Bruce's voice is gone.  It was gone several years ago during the tour in 2019.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]

That’s a pretty good read.  Some highlights:

The album’s been done since 2019.
It’s another double album
Over 80 minutes
The vinyl version is three LPs, with the third being the last two songs, one on each side.
Bruce hints at the supporting tour being them playing the album in its entirety.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Maiden may be my all time favorite band but such lifeless material.   Since the reunion there has been one really good album, one OK one, and the rest were mediocre at best.  Long, repetitive, with the chorus said on average of 75 times per song.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I like Speed of Light a lot, partially because it reminds me of Deep Purple. Book of Souls is a fantastic album IMHO.
View Quote

BoS is their single worst album of all time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Speed of Light a lot, partially because it reminds me of Deep Purple. Book of Souls is a fantastic album IMHO.

I really enjoyed it, and actually like it more than a few others.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seventh son was worse… and it wasn’t bad.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Eddie kickin the samurai armor

Fucking Awesome!

This was 20 years ago...

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Several songs got leaked already - I guess that means they started manufacturing CD's in China...
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To each their own but like all later Maiden albums, post BNW, I get 4-5 minutes into most of these songs and go "Ok this must be about over..." only to realize that there in many cases 5+ minutes left.  Too much formulaic, plodding, repetitive music.  I can't honestly recall a single riff from an album they have done since Brave New World.  Its like they took songs like Seventh Son, which was an early example of a repetitive "epic" and did a worse take on it.  The last three songs are all 10+ minutes.  Most I bet will have a mellow intro, the "start rocking", then optional mellow outro.  That is pretty much their formula on these records.

On BoS the only song I really liked was When The River Runs Deep and even that is just good, not great.  

Like I said, to each their own.  If you like it that's good.   Maybe the rest will be awesome and change my mind.  And being a completist I will buy it no doubt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Too bad the four horseman are riding HD's.
View Quote

They had to, no one wants to see a British or Asian bike on an album cover
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#20]
And I shouldn't have aid BoS was their worst, it didn't have The Angel And The Gambler on it so VXI takes the cake.  

So for me the would go like this.

POM>TNOTB>PS>K>SSoASS>IM>BNW>SIT>NPFTD>FOTD>AMOLAD>TXF>DOD>TFF>BOS>VXI

Try playing the new cut on YT with the speed at 1.25, sounds a lot better.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I can't wait. I'll be preordering the vinyl on Wednesday for sure.
View Quote

I preorded red and sliver vinyl, not sure which one to keep tho.

Leaning towards Red...
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I prefer the older stuff. 7+ minute songs have become the norm for them. By the time I hit minute 5, I am ready to move on. Iconic band and great music. It was a hell of a time in the 80's.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Up the irons! Glad to see them still going but kinda "meh" about this song.

Liked "Different World" video better.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#24]
It actually aired on Adult Swim the other night which really took me by surprise.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Best live band of all time
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

To each their own but like all later Maiden albums, post BNW, I get 4-5 minutes into most of these songs and go "Ok this must be about over..." only to realize that there in many cases 5+ minutes left.  Too much formulaic, plodding, repetitive music.  I can't honestly recall a single riff from an album they have done since Brave New World.  Its like they took songs like Seventh Son, which was an early example of a repetitive "epic" and did a worse take on it.  The last three songs are all 10+ minutes.  Most I bet will have a mellow intro, the "start rocking", then optional mellow outro.  That is pretty much their formula on these records.

On BoS the only song I really liked was When The River Runs Deep and even that is just good, not great.  

Like I said, to each their own.  If you like it that's good.   Maybe the rest will be awesome and change my mind.  And being a completist I will buy it no doubt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like AMOLAD but don’t think they have played anything from it live since the tour that promoted it.  

To each their own is right.

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I really like AMOLAD but don't think they have played anything from it live since the tour that promoted it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seventh son was worse and it wasn't bad.

I really like AMOLAD but don't think they have played anything from it live since the tour that promoted it.  

For the Greater Good of God was on the setlist for the LOTB tour this last time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It actually aired on Adult Swim the other night which really took me by surprise.
View Quote

They were playing it on Ozzy's Boneyard (Sirius/XM) when I got in the car today.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So funny to hear people critique them. On one hand you say their songs all sound identical and there are others that are pissed that their sound changes from album to album.

Maiden is constantly evolving and changes with the times. There is no way if you listen to their first album or Killers and compare it to Somewhere in Time then Brave New World and Book of Souls, NO WAY they all sound the same.

Show me a band that sounds exactly the same over the years and you have shown me the definition of the word "stale"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aside from one or two of their better songs. Damn near every song they made sounds identical.
So funny to hear people critique them. On one hand you say their songs all sound identical and there are others that are pissed that their sound changes from album to album.

Maiden is constantly evolving and changes with the times. There is no way if you listen to their first album or Killers and compare it to Somewhere in Time then Brave New World and Book of Souls, NO WAY they all sound the same.

Show me a band that sounds exactly the same over the years and you have shown me the definition of the word "stale"

They went from punk, to metal, to ballads...
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yup... Saw them at Radio City Music Hall in 1985 for the Powerslave tour.

Then took my daughter to the A Matter of Life and Death tour in 2006

and then again in 2016 for the Book of Souls tour... THAT was the best show I have ever been to for them. Ears were ringing for days after that.
View Quote

I saw them at Nassau Coliseum on a Friday night.
My ears were still ringing on Monday morning.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Holy shit!  Someone leaked the title track!

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gOYZ81CxY
View Quote

You’ll smoke a turd in hell for that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Did anyone else get the super duper Amazon discount for the vinyl?

I'm sure someone got their butt chewed out over that since it's supposed to be $60.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Very Ralph Bakshi
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gOYZ81CxY
View Quote

Boooooo!!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Raphael does another excellent cover! Whats funny the mix is better here than on the real track lol. Shirley sucks!

Iron Maiden - THE WRITING ON THE WALL [Cover]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top