Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My buddy says:

"Farmer vs Higgins ( 1990 ) ended any chance of nullifying 922o."
View Quote

I remember that one. Was covered in Machine Gun News.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wish those of us behind enemy lines could legally purchase and own AR15s and other semi-autos.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Miranda got us the Miranda rights.  Look that dude up.
View Quote

Did he or did it just require you to be advised of them?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why does it always have to be a shitbag?

The government isn't going to let this shitbag have a win.  The NY guy with the 3D printers is the kind of case we want.  Law abiding in every other way, minority, has a job, not a shitbag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A guy with a felony for attempted murder and manslaughter tried to sell a PPSh-41 to the ATF, and is now appealing to the most liberal circuit in the US.  So this is going to go nowhere.

The government isn't going to let this shitbag have a win.  The NY guy with the 3D printers is the kind of case we want.  Law abiding in every other way, minority, has a job, not a shitbag.

Because the otherwise squeaky clean people with a DIAS buried in a piece of PVC at their hunting cabin STFU and never mention it to anyone? Or if he is caught, they take it away and go through the rest of his collection with a fine toothed comb for anything that could stick to get a plea bargain.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I own a registered toy.

I would buy 10 more at a sane cost when the NFA falls and be thrilled the value of my toy fell with it just because of what it means.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone who owns a registered toy is going to support this?

Unlikely.

At the same time, Glock switches everywhere these days...

It does feel like you should be able to pay the $200 and add things to the registration list.

I own a registered toy.

I would buy 10 more at a sane cost when the NFA falls and be thrilled the value of my toy fell with it just because of what it means.

I would sell one of my vehicles and immediately drive non-stop to the FN factory so I could give them the proceeds in exchange for a 240 if the NFA were struck down.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Won’t go anywhere. Gorsuch just stated that he is for machine gun bans/restrictions, and also stated that he is fine with the restrictions in the 1934 NFA and 1968 GCA during his confirmation hearings (Kavanaugh said the same thing regarding both laws during his hearing as well). Kavanaugh likes to rule based on precedent and not on Founder’s intent. And Barrett sided with the liberals on homemade guns late last year. We only have Thomas on our side and he’s one guy.

The NFA is not going away and ATF getting more efficient with registration due to suppressor sales will just make them more efficient when semi-auto rifle caliber handguns (AR pistols, etc.) and semi auto military styled rifles get classified as NFA items.

I wish them the best with this case but I’ve been in the 2A rights game for 40 years - our ball-less “conservative” leadership will never make it or let it happen.

And those of you who think Trump is on your side on this are really out there.
View Quote

Confirmation hearings don't mean shit.
Nominees from both sides change their tune as soon as they take the oath and put on the robe. We'll see where we stand with the Cargill and Vanderstok rulings this June and next June respectively.

The courts will see the ATF's sudden change in processing timelines as an attempt to circumvent the Texas silencer case, and there is nothing preventing them from going back to 15 month approval timelines.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#7]
just imagine PSA selling full auto ar's for 399
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
just imagine PSA selling full auto ar's for 399
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
New MGs should be allowed to be added to the NFA.
View Quote

No. The NFA should not exist.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
New MGs should be allowed to be added to the NFA.
View Quote

Little bites.

Open the registry first.

Then you can make a common circulation argument and taxing a right later to abolish.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A guy with a felony for attempted murder and manslaughter tried to sell a PPSh-41 to the ATF, and is now appealing to the most liberal circuit in the US.  So this is going to go nowhere.

Agreed. Fighting hard and being right , isn’t as good as fighting hard  , being right AND smart.
Look at the bus boycott and the momentum that it gave the civil rights movement.  
Rosa Parks was a perfect candidate, prior to her there was a gal known as Claudet Colvin , who also refused To give up her seat.  Problem is Claudet was a pregnant 15 year old high school dropout, with an anger problem(swore at and punched arresting officer  during her arrest).
Vs a grandmother, who was married, employed , soft spoken, very calm, and didn’t have an arrest record.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most federal gun charges are enhancements or add-on to existing charges. So most of the time it’s a shitbag getting charged for shitbag things.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I stopped at 9th circuit...they'll rule in some fashion that doesn't allow for kicking it up to the supreme court. And if you think for a femtosecond that the 9th circuit is going to do anything else, well, I don't know what to say but you certainly haven't been paying attention.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Most federal gun charges are enhancements or add-on to existing charges. So most of the time it’s a shitbag getting charged for shitbag things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The arfcommer with a malfunctioning Olympic AR that he didn't fix would have been an infinitely more sympathetic plaintiff.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Miller essentially said MG's and other NFA things are outside the purview of the 2a
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why you wanna levy a tax on my rights? There should not be an NFA.

Miller essentially said MG's and other NFA things are outside the purview of the 2a

Actually, no it didn't.

The Miller case was a remand to the lower court for fact finding. There was no evidence either way at trial as to the applicability of the firearm to militia service or "part of the ordinary military equipment", so they asked for such a fact finding inquiry.

Since Miller was deceased, nothing else ever transpired, so SCOTUS's words about the lack of evidence have been misintepreted or misrepresented for 85 years as a final decision.

If the test is, as the court wrote, whether the firearm is part of "ordinary military equipment", then MGs and most other NFA things are most certainly included.

The cause will be remanded for further proceedings.

Reversed and remanded.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would sell one of my vehicles and immediately drive non-stop to the FN factory so I could give them the proceeds in exchange for a 240 if the NFA were struck down.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone who owns a registered toy is going to support this?

Unlikely.

At the same time, Glock switches everywhere these days...

It does feel like you should be able to pay the $200 and add things to the registration list.

I own a registered toy.

Kharn

If/when the NFA dies I'll have sold all my kidneys, the kidneys of all my friends and live in a cardboard box using MG42s as a blanket. I'll be very happy and very well armed hobo.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#17]
As a former 11b 240 gunner, oh how I long to own that weapon as my own. She's a beast
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top