BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:46:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stunning to think about though, isn't it?

You may have gone yerself to college and gotten a masters––and yet a guy named Pasang is in Central Park working a hot dog cart, and is in a higher tax bracket than you (and me!) are.......

So where are guys that scream about unskilled laborers making too much money just for assembling cars on line......

The difference, is that Hotdog dude doesn't extort his pay at economic gunpoint...

His pay is set fairly, by what the market will bear for a hotdog.

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 3:36:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If you can't afford the rent don't sign the lease.  City's coming after his company's assets for back rent too.  Some people have to learn the hard way
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't NYC the place where there's a long waiting list to be garbage men?  And some garbage men retire millionaires?  Maybe I'm wrong.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Stunning to think about though, isn't it?
You may have gone yerself to college and gotten a masters––and yet a guy named Pasang is in Central Park working a hot dog cart, and is in a higher tax bracket than you (and me!) are.......

So where are guys that scream about unskilled laborers making too much money just for assembling cars on line......

The difference, is that Hotdog dude doesn't extort his pay at economic gunpoint...

His pay is set fairly, by what the market will bear for a hotdog.

Actually no it's not as he has failed to pay the "rent".

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just like any other restaurant paying rent.

But the evil '.gov" shouldn't be taking any of the man's profit earned from his labors......

Apparently it's OK for a 'private citizen' landlord to get as much rent as possible for something but it's heresy for the big bad ".gov" to obtain rent for commercial activities on public property.

I wonder if the guy picks up the trash thrown on the ground by his customers?  You know - one of those business expenses the city ends up picking up, literally.

Brian
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
68mopar has no idea what he's talking about.

The tax code makes no exclusions, exemptions or nationality deductions for earned income derived in USA.

Capital gains for foreign nationals are exempt. Solders abroad are exempt somewhat from regular income. And some govt bonds are exempt for everyone.

ever heard of Minority owned business,SOOOO your wrong!

Minorities aren't necessarily non-citizens.....

Brian
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
68mopar has no idea what he's talking about.

The tax code makes no exclusions, exemptions or nationality deductions for earned income derived in USA.

Capital gains for foreign nationals are exempt. Solders abroad are exempt somewhat from regular income. And some govt bonds are exempt for everyone.

We refund sales tax to Mexicans. Do we do it for any other countries???

And I get the VAT returned to me when I leave Germany.

Brian

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The rent he pays seems crazy, but these guys can pull in serious cash.  The rent accounts for the foot traffic.

Its not cheap to do business in NYC by any measure, parking tickets alone are $115.  I have to cross one bride and one tunnel to get from my shop to the city, thats $22 in tolls round trip.  ($44 if I need to take my dulley)

The city rapes the small business man.  They will soon kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top