BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 393
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just read BM refused to shake Sheman's hand during the coin toss?
View Quote
Thats BS from Sherman to fire up his team or something. The video clearly show everyone shook hands.

https://twitter.com/FlammyMarciano/status/1181617718753026048
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thats BS from Sherman to fire up his team or something. The video clearly show everyone shook hands.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not the first time Sherman has blatantly lied about an event he knows is going to be on video. As much as he likes to rep for the PA he has a history of shitty behavior and lying.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not the first time Sherman has blatantly lied about an event he knows is going to be on video. As much as he likes to rep for the PA he has a history of shitty behavior and lying.
View Quote
@Bennjammin “where I’m from we empty da clip.”
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
FOX hired Gronkowski as an analyst.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think those values are adjusted for strength of schedule.

When you consider who Dak played against in the first three weeks, it makes sense.

When you consider who Brady has played against so far, and you look at his placement in that field, it's a different story entirely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ESPN surveyed 25 NFL coaches, scouts and office executives. Asking them to pick "one quarterback to win one game".

Tom Brady - 14
Pat Mahomes - 7
Russell Wilson - 2
Ben Roethlisberger - 1
Drew Brees - 1
*laughs in analytics*

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1181010108215627776
I'm not sure you want to be posting evidence to back you up if that evidence also shows Dak in the top two.
I don't think those values are adjusted for strength of schedule.

When you consider who Dak played against in the first three weeks, it makes sense.

When you consider who Brady has played against so far, and you look at his placement in that field, it's a different story entirely.
I think those numbers are based on body of work.  Brady has been clutch in so many big moments in big games.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's not coming back to play, is he?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Witten had one of the most coveted spots in all of NFL broadcasting and he came back.  Of course Witten only missed one game his whole career while Gronk seems to be made of glass with a variety of different injuries so that makes it less likely.

I think it was a good time for Gronk to retire.  He has his rings, his money, and his health. He has nothing left to prove and his body is obviously breaking down on him.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think those numbers are based on body of work.  Brady has been clutch in so many big moments in big games.
View Quote
Not just clutch in big games, just a winner in general.

Most career wins by a mile.
42 games ahead of Peyton Manning, that is three 14 win seasons ahead.
He is 78 wins ahead of Drew Brees, which is almost 5 full undefeated seasons.
Including the post season he has averaged 14 wins a season for 17 seasons.

One does not simply ask the question, "who would you take if you had to win one?" and NOT pick the guy who has won more than everyone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

One does not simply ask the question, "who would you take if you had to win one?" and NOT pick the guy who has won more than everyone.
View Quote
I think Brady should be the guy they all picked, as somebody else said he turns on "god mode" more often than not when the game is on the line. His "god mode" relies on playing smart football instead of making plays with athleticism which IMO makes him far more likely to be successful in those situations. Everybody on the field is an athlete, most of them don't understand football the way Brady does. Maybe that is because he HAS to play smart as he isn't the same kind of athlete that Rodgers or Mahomes can be, but that clearly works out well.

However, attributing a team stat to an individual is a continuing trend that really needs to stop. We all know that if Brady or any other great QB was playing for the Dolphins right now that they would still suck. Obviously not as bad, but they're not going to be good either. The Patriots have had their ups and downs with their roster, and I won't deny that Brady has been a significant part of their success, but literally no other team in the history of the NFL has had the kind of success that Pats have had in the same kind of timeframe. You can't do that with a single player, no matter how significant they are, you do it with a whole team, including coaching.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#11]
@bassgasm Bieniemy is considered a Vegas fav for skins HC. Do you like him? I was always under assumption Andy called most the plays and was the main driver of the offense.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think Brady should be the guy they all picked, as somebody else said he turns on "god mode" more often than not when the game is on the line. His "god mode" relies on playing smart football instead of making plays with athleticism which IMO makes him far more likely to be successful in those situations. Everybody on the field is an athlete, most of them don't understand football the way Brady does. Maybe that is because he HAS to play smart as he isn't the same kind of athlete that Rodgers or Mahomes can be, but that clearly works out well.

However, attributing a team stat to an individual is a continuing trend that really needs to stop. We all know that if Brady or any other great QB was playing for the Dolphins right now that they would still suck. Obviously not as bad, but they're not going to be good either. The Patriots have had their ups and downs with their roster, and I won't deny that Brady has been a significant part of their success, but literally no other team in the history of the NFL has had the kind of success that Pats have had in the same kind of timeframe. You can't do that with a single player, no matter how significant they are, you do it with a whole team, including coaching.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t fact check it, but I once saw a list of Patriots Super Bowl appearances that reached the conclusion that Tom Brady has never won one with a defense ranked below #8.

He might play at the most important position in the sport, but he has generally been a part of a pretty complete roster.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't imagine why any coach would want to go be the Skins HC. You're going to lose your ass if you go into rebuild mode, so things are going to really suck for a while going down that path. So you're basically just going to be stuck finishing somebody else's shit sandwich until you've been there long enough to have brought new talent to the team naturally. Assuming whatever coach they bring in is capable of doing this and doesn't get his hands tied by the front office...
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@bassgasm Bieniemy is considered a Vegas fav for skins HC. Do you like him? I was always under assumption Andy called most the plays and was the main driver of the offense.
View Quote
Y’all can fuck off. You can’t have him.

In all seriousness, pretty much everything that guy has touched has been solid. He was the RB coach for a long time. When Jamaal Charles’s leg exploded, I thought the Chiefs were cooked, but Bieniemy fielded the Spencer Ware and Chark West duo, and it worked out. When Ware went down, some kid named Kareem Hunt showed up. When Hunt got TMZ’d and Ware went down again, the team got top tier production from a depth dude signed out of Miami (Damien Williams).

It’s always a mystery how much play calling is coming from Reid or his OC. When the offense sputtered in the playoffs a couple years ago, Reid and Nagy practically fought over claiming guilt for the bad calls. That was the off-season Nagy got hired by Chicago.

Bieniemy was considered a front runner for a HC job this last year despite a lack of experience. He did do a couple interviews, but I don’t know if there were any offers or if those were Rooney Rule checkboxes.

He also declined to interview with a team (Cardinals?). Hopefully, he’s smart enough to do the same with the Redskins.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL @ Richard Sherman for anything but his on field play. Dude can't or won't get out of the way of his mouth.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In all seriousness, pretty much everything that guy has touched has been solid. He was the RB coach for a long time. When Jamaal Charles’s leg exploded, I thought the Chiefs were cooked, but Bieniemy fielded the Spencer Ware and Chark West duo, and it worked out. When Ware went down, some kid named Kareem Hunt showed up. When Hunt got TMZ’d and Ware went down again, the team got top tier production from a depth dude signed out of Miami (Damien Williams).

It’s always a mystery how much play calling is coming from Reid or his OC. When the offense sputtered in the playoffs a couple years ago, Reid and Nagy practically fought over claiming guilt for the bad calls. That was the off-season Nagy got hired by Chicago.

Bieniemy was considered a front runner for a HC job this last year despite a lack of experience. He did do a couple interviews, but I don’t know if there were any offers or if those were Rooney Rule checkboxes.

He also declined to interview with a team (Cardinals?). Hopefully, he’s smart enough to do the same with the Redskins.
View Quote
yeah, nothing will change in DC as long as the double headed retarded snake of snyder/allen co-exist. I always have a glimmer of hope, though...
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#17]
The Chiefs made a couple roster moves today.

They signed a DT nobody’s heard of and this guy:

He gets a lot of love from Eagles fans and there’s a sweet gif of him blasting a line of Falcons defenders on a single play, but I’m assuming there’s a reason he was available.
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Chiefs made a couple roster moves today.

They signed a DT nobody’s heard of and this guy:

He gets a lot of love from Eagles fans and there’s a sweet gif of him blasting a line of Falcons defenders on a single play, but I’m assuming there’s a reason he was available.
View Quote
He was good but the Eagles are deep at O-Line. He had a bad camp/preseason but I still think he's a serviceable player.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Witten had one of the most coveted spots in all of NFL broadcasting and he came back.  Of course Witten only missed one game his whole career while Gronk seems to be made of glass with a variety of different injuries so that makes it less likely.

I think it was a good time for Gronk to retire.  He has his rings, his money, and his health. He has nothing left to prove and his body is obviously breaking down on him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Earl Thomas Big Hit on Rob Gronkowski

Embed doesn’t work but link does.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:42:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Vegas has the 49ers as a pick ‘em against the Rams on a neutral field with the 9ers even possibly being a very small favorite. Who saw that coming 6 weeks ago?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can't imagine why any coach would want to go be the Skins HC. You're going to lose your ass if you go into rebuild mode, so things are going to really suck for a while going down that path. So you're basically just going to be stuck finishing somebody else's shit sandwich until you've been there long enough to have brought new talent to the team naturally. Assuming whatever coach they bring in is capable of doing this and doesn't get his hands tied by the front office...
View Quote
I can think of 5 million reasons to take the job. Hell, I’d do it for half that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Vegas has the 49ers as a pick ‘em against the Rams on a neutral field with the 9ers even possibly being a very small favorite. Who saw that coming 6 weeks ago?
View Quote
I'd still take the Ram's by a couple. Garappalo looks good but lets see him beat a couple really good teams this season. Should be a good game regardless!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Dolphins tickets are currently selling for $13... That is almost half the price of the admission to the Miami Zoo ($23).

The Atlanta Falcons are on pace to set a new record by allowing the highest average passer rating to opposing quarterbacks ever recorded (117.0). Just one problem. The Dolphins are beating them by allowing 137.6.

The 0-5 Redskins, after firing their head coach, are STILL 3.5 point favorites on the ROAD against Miami.

Brian Flores said the starting quarterback situation is "settled" and Josh Rosen will start the remainder of the season.

Through week 5 Russell Wilson is 1st in TDs, 1st in passer rating, 2nd in comp%, has 0 INTs and a 4-1 record.

Deshaun Watson has only played in 2 NFL games where he wasn't sacked. He threw for 5 TDs in both games.

The NFC North is the only division that does not have a team with a losing record.

Richard Sherman has deleted his tweet calling out Baker Mayfield after the video release yesterday. When asked about the video, he said it was Baker Mayfield darting away after the toss that angered the Niners: "That's it. They are making way too big of a story of a blowout. He pissed us off. We put a foot in his ass. End of story."

Steelers RB/Backup QB Jaylen Samuels has knee surgery, could miss a month. Pittsburgh has now lost their 1st (Ben), 2nd (Rudolph), 3rd (Dobbs) and 5th string quarterbacks.

The New England Patriots opponents currently clock in at 0.382 on strength of schedule. If it stays this way through the end of the season it would be the lowest strength of schedule in NFL history.

Jason McCourty is PFF's highest graded CB on the season so far. He was a free agent in 2017. Signed a 2 year 6M contract with the Ravens, who traded him and a 7th round pick to New England for a 6th round pick. His base salary this year is 2M. His contract has a 3rd year option for just 2.65M.

Cincinnati man has vowed to live on the roof of his restaurant until the Bengals win their first game. He will only come down to use the bathroom, attend to business commitments and to attend Bengals tailgates.

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Antonio Brown: Patriots have to pay me, they may as well play me

In a live video that streamed this morning on Instagram, Brown made it clear that he still wants to play, and that the “best receiver” remains at home in Miami. And he still seems to be willing to go back to Boston.

He encouraged any of his Instagram followers who follow the Patriots to have the team call him.

“The Patriots have to pay me,” Brown said in reference to grievances filed last week against the team for unpaid signing bonus and guaranteed salary. “They may as well play me.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Cincinnati man has vowed to live on the roof of his restaurant until the Bengals win their first game. He will only come down to use the bathroom, attend to business commitments and to attend Bengals tailgates.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1181405646161399808/7S0CI5T4?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
That's like vowing to go on a hunger strike until X happens and then adding you'll "only" eat breakfast and dinner.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
b/c it's one of only 32 jobs, someone will always take it.

I don't see anything getting better anytime soon. the skins never 'tank.' I mean look at them right now, they have a top 5 left tackle sitting out and they refuse to trade him. they could get some value for Norman, the could get value for other non-rookies. but they're content with their shit team and their culture that's 'pretty damn good.'

SVP went on a nice rant about the skins and he was 100% correct.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In a live video that streamed this morning on Instagram, Brown made it clear that he still wants to play, and that the “best receiver” remains at home in Miami. And he still seems to be willing to go back to Boston.

He encouraged any of his Instagram followers who follow the Patriots to have the team call him.

“The Patriots have to pay me,” Brown said in reference to grievances filed last week against the team for unpaid signing bonus and guaranteed salary. “They may as well play me.”
 He's starting to have second thoughts about his course of action.

From strictly a business perspective, he should have paid off the first accuser to make her go away.  Nothing else would have come of it, and he'd be out there catching TDs from Brady.

I personally don't have a very high opinion of his character.  I also think there's some middle ground between the he said/she said tale that's the truth, but ultimately she was willing to be around him because she expected him to do her a "investment favor", and when that fell through she had the leverage to try and force a payout.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can think of 5 million reasons to take the job. Hell, I’d do it for half that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.  HC jobs are few and far between.  Even if you're a relative no-name, you're going to get paid some bank to be a HC.  And the NFL is littered with people who failed as HC but have continued to have a successful career as a coordinator.

Other than stress and people hating you there's really not a lot of downside for certain applicants.

Some coaches who are considered "hot prospects" may be choosy about certain situations as a poor stint could damage their image.  I think some people who would like to be HC will choose not to interview with the Skins because they are a completely dysfunctional shit-show.  But they'll have some candidates without a doubt.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't see anything getting better anytime soon. the skins never 'tank.' I mean look at them right now, they have a top 5 left tackle sitting out and they refuse to trade him. they could get some value for Norman, the could get value for other non-rookies. but they're content with their shit team and their culture that's 'pretty damn good.'

View Quote
Sure, somebody will say F it and take the money but if the goal is to turn the team around that isn't the guy you want.

If I was one of these NFL coaches who are being predicted to become the Redskins HC I wouldn't be jumping at that job just because it's 1 of 32. A move like that could put a big blemish on your whole career, so if you're currently doing well why fuck it up? Just wait for a better opportunity. IMO, if the Redskins want to end up with a better coach than Gruden then they need to make a commitment to improving the way they've ran the team for years, otherwise it's just gonna be groundhogs day.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

From strictly a business perspective, he should have paid off the first accuser to make her go away.  Nothing else would have come of it, and he'd be out there catching TDs from Brady.

I personally don't have a very high opinion of his character.  I also think there's some middle ground between the he said/she said tale that's the truth, but ultimately she was willing to be around him because she expected him to do her a "investment favor", and when that fell through she had the leverage to try and force a payout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a live video that streamed this morning on Instagram, Brown made it clear that he still wants to play, and that the "best receiver" remains at home in Miami. And he still seems to be willing to go back to Boston.

"The Patriots have to pay me," Brown said in reference to grievances filed last week against the team for unpaid signing bonus and guaranteed salary. "They may as well play me."

The problem right now, is he would immediately go on to the commissioner's exempt list, so they would have to pay him to not play anyway. In this case at least AB has to win a grievance to get paid, and will probably put even up more of a clown show, based off his deposition antics, which will only make him less likely to get a job somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Chiefs practicing with Texans players photos on trash cans:

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's a look at the headband and fake mustache from the Jaguars Minshew Mini Pack.

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Nobody:

Rex Ryan: I’ll coach the redskins!
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to rant?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was sitting in the dentist office this last Monday and picked up a SI magazine to read while waiting. In it was an article about AB. In the article was everything known about AB. He is criminally mentally ill. No one will touch him from here on out, and he won't be seeing any money.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was the RB coach for the Vikings for a number of years back in Adrian Peterson's heydays.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Link to rant?
View Quote
SVP Redskins Rant on 1 Big Thing about Dan Snyder - Oct 2019
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Who are people thinking in the Chiefs Texans game? If Mahomes is 100% I think they'll get the win, but if not I think the Texans could pull it off.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Who are people thinking in the Chiefs Texans game? If Mahomes is 100% I think they'll get the win, but if not I think the Texans could pull it off.
View Quote
texans D can play at a high level, and the colts showed if you keep the ball away from Mahommes and the offense, then you can beat them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
texans D can play at a high level, and the colts showed if you keep the ball away from Mahommes and the offense, then you can beat them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a Texans fan all the way and hope their secondary can hold up. Some weeks it's been good and others terrible. Hyde and Johnson can run well too, so maybe just follow the colts strategy. @Bennjammin
Honestly feel like people sleep on the Texans (in part because they are inconsistent).
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Texans O-line can hold up Watson can play at a pretty high level.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Is KC getting any of their WR's back?
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is KC getting any of their WR's back?
View Quote
Hill has been limited in practice this week. I think Watkins also. I think the consensus is we won't really know if they're gonna play until at least friday.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Hits just keep coming for my Steelers.

Steeler WR Washington will be out for awhile with a injured shoulder.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hits just keep coming for my Steelers.

Steeler WR Washington will be out for awhile with a injured shoulder.
View Quote
at this point they should just focus on a higher draft pick
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Some injury updates:
Rex Burkhead is not expected to play tonight.
Phillip Dorsett is out.

Todd Gurley did not practice yesterday, his status is up in the air for Sunday.

AJ Green is out this week.

Jags ownership says Ramsey will play this week, Ramsey says he is "going to listen to his body". So who knows.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#49]
In light of all the Dak and Cousins bad records against winning teams stats from the last couple weeks.

Current NFL quarterbacks ("with enough starts to qualify") with a winning record against winning teams:
Tom Brady: 70-40
Ben R: 51-39
Russell Wilson: 26-21

End list.

Every other quarterback has a losing record against winning teams.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In light of all the Dak and Cousins bad records against winning teams stats from the last couple weeks.

Current NFL quarterbacks ("with enough starts to qualify") with a winning record against winning teams:
Tom Brady: 70-40
Ben R: 51-39
Russell Wilson: 26-21

End list.

Every other quarterback has a losing record against winning teams.
View Quote
Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks.

It's not like those teams were stacked with talent or anything, lol. /sarcasm
Page / 393
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top