User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They were blabbing about her in the pre-game show
View Quote

Yeah, I never tune in earlier than 8:15 for MNF/TNF.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mahomes runs around a little bit and Kelce is wide fucking open right in the middle of the field.  How does that keep happening?
View Quote

I can understand if he was like incredibly fast, but he's not.  He's a 34 year old TE.  Why don't they just put two guys on him and have them stay with him?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mahomes runs around a little bit and Kelce is wide fucking open right in the middle of the field.  How does that keep happening?
View Quote
No idea. Dude seems to run the same few routes over and over while no one is within 5 yards of him.

Chiefs fake FG didn't work. Turnover on downs
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Steve Smith wrecked Jerry Jeudy during pregame.  

STEVE SMITH JR. GOES IN AND ANNIHILATES J. JEUDY LIVE ON AIR??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=GgpoJuqqp-Ya9aES&v=WL3lUVBJ_YE&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No idea. Dude seems to run the same few routes over and over while no one is within 5 yards of him.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really is kind of mind boggling. They don’t have to worry about his speed like Hill, or footwork like Adam’s, but they give him space to catch anyways. It’d be one thing if he was getting his catches with contested throws, but it’s often nowhere near close.

Sure, he can block and you don’t want to make that easy but that doesn’t mean give him a 5 yard buffer every play.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Butker just earned himself a drug test tomorrow. lol
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#10]
TNF is TNF

It would at least be exciting if KC hung a 70 piece on DEN. Field goal extravaganza is a snoozefest.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
TNF is TNF

It would at least be exciting if KC hung a 70 piece on DEN. Field goal extravaganza is a snoozefest.
View Quote

One score game. Broncos get the 2PT conversion.

I really thought the Chiefs offense would do better against the 32nd ranked defense by PPG.

Coming into this game Denver is at 36 PPG. The 31st ranked defense is at 26 PPG. A full 10 points worse
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
TNF is TNF

View Quote

And thanks to a BS roughing the passer call to resurrect Denver's drive (I was told those always go KC's way...), it's now a one score game.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I really thought the Chiefs offense would do better against the 32nd ranked defense by PPG.

Coming into this game Denver is at 36 PPG. The 31st ranked defense is at 26 PPG. A full 10 points worse
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TNF is TNF

It was always going to be this way.

The non-existence of the Chiefs WRs, the train wreck play calls on critical 3rd downs, the penalties, the turnovers... all of it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And thanks to a BS roughing the passer call to resurrect Denver's drive (I was told those always go KC's way...), it's now a one score game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TNF is TNF

As much as I miss the hits, that was roughing according to the new rules.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TNF is TNF

It's a textbook form tackle just above the waist.

And not that the rule differentiates such things, but it was a blitzing DB making the hit, not a DE/DT that could smash the guy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#16]

lol
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Icing the punter? Could be a new thing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am simultaneously amused and worried that they might tank their way into a hot QB prospect.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I am simultaneously amused and worried that they might tank their way into a hot QB prospect.
View Quote

Yea I didn't realize on first reading that they iced their own punter

Good news is I think the Bears still hold #1 and 2 picks. Seems unlikely to change much. Caleb Williams is going to college for another year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jason Witten was even more baffling.

During the second half of his career he was so slow that it looked like he was running in slow motion.  And yet, despite everyone knowing he was Romo's #1 target, Witten seemed to more often than not be open.  It made no sense.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

During the second half of his career he was so slow that it looked like he was running in slow motion.  And yet, despite everyone knowing he was Romo's #1 target, Witten seemed to more often than not be open.  It made no sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Miller was almost always open for Big Ben.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 3:12:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good news is I think the Bears still hold #1 and 2 picks. Seems unlikely to change much. Caleb Williams is going to college for another year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amusing to me they are worse this year by W-L through week 6 than the Broncos last year.

They traded a 1st round pick for a coach getting them to 1-5 that talked shit about the previous HC

Not to mention what they traded for Wilson and what they're paying him.

Then they bring back their old HC to be the DC and have the worst defense in the league by PPG and entering the game were 10 PPG worse than the 31st ranked defense

What a total shitshow
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm honestly surprised that the score was 19-8.  I thought for sure KC would run the table on Denver.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

And yet that is a far cry from having a direct impact on who's going to win. If it were a one score game with less than a minute to go, Chiefs fans would be livid and justifiably so. Huge difference.

I watched the 4th quarter and there was another bad call on KC, and I couldn't help but wonder if the refs are intentionally going the other way due to the controversy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Amusing to me they are worse this year by W-L through week 6 than the Broncos last year.

They traded a 1st round pick for a coach getting them to 1-5 that talked shit about the previous HC

Then they bring back their old HC to be the DC and have the worst defense in the league by PPG and entering the game were 10 PPG worse than the 31st ranked defense

What a total shitshow
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a total shitshow

And the Chiefs really went 4-13 on 3rd down and 1-5 in the red zone against those guys.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm honestly surprised that the score was 19-8.  I thought for sure KC would run the table on Denver.
View Quote
I checked my fantasy app in the 2nd quarter, Kelce already had something like 8 catches and 100 yards receiving, but the score was only 3-0. Made me puzzled enough that I turned the game on.

Then in the 2nd half of the game, Kelce only had 2 catches for 15 yards...
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#28]
In November 2022, Sean Payton claimed Caleb Williams was a "truly generational player" and that he is good enough that someone would tank the season to draft him and it would lead the NFL to move towards a lottery system to stop it from happening again.

"I bring this up for no particular reason this October evening..." - Sam Monson @ PFF
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By :

And not that the rule differentiates such things, but it was a blitzing DB making the hit, not a DE/DT that could smash the guy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By :
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
TNF is TNF

Yep, great tackle…all the way into the ground

Like I said, I miss that being legit, but he made zero attempt to not land his body weight on the QB. Unfortunately that’s a penalty even if the QB has 50-60lbs on the DB. I don’t like it either, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In November 2022, Sean Payton claimed Caleb Williams was a "truly generational player" and that he is good enough that someone would tank the season to draft him and it would lead the NFL to move towards a lottery system to stop it from happening again.

"I bring this up for no particular reason this October evening..." - Sam Monson @ PFF
View Quote

NFL SHOULD move to a lottery system.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Russell Wilson and Drew Lock both have 21 career games with the Broncos. Can you tell which one is which by first glance at their stats?

A: 4,740 yards, 60.6%, 30 total TDs, 20 INTs
B: 4,829 yards, 63.2%, 31 total TDs, 15 INTs

One was on a rookie contract and was paid ~$5M for those 21 games, the other on a $245M contract and has been paid ~78M for 21 games so far.

Edit: Here's a hint

A: 33 sacks
B: 74 sacks
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#32]
MVS is out there running a ton of routes and lucky to get a target or two.

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems weird to me to pay him 9 million a year to not really be used all that much.

He has 12 targets through 6 times for 7 receptions and 116 yards.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#34]

They fucking broke him!

Tyrod returns:

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lottery for Round 1, losers first for the later rounds.  No one's going to tank for a 2nd rounder.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
NBA lotteries the teams that missed the playoffs. That seems very fair actually and removes incentives to tank entire seasons.

It also changes the value of draft capital quite a bit. NBA teams seem to move players more than they do picks. They also have a robust developmental league.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
NBA lotteries the teams that missed the playoffs. That seems very fair actually and removes incentives to tank entire seasons.
View Quote
It is a weighted lottery. They changed it recently, if I remember correctly, the 3 worst teams last season all had 14.0% chance of getting the 1st pick. They also mandate that the worst team in the NBA (the Pistons last year) is guaranteed a top 5 pick.

The 1st team to miss the playoffs (best of the worst, the Pelicans) only had a 0.5% chance of getting the 1st pick.

Then the remaining 16 playoff teams are put in order from 15-30 based on record.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They fucking broke him!

Tyrod returns:
https://media.tenor.com/I6GFaw6IR3YAAAAC/chuckles-im-in-danger.gif
View Quote

Its almost as if Daboll was a dumbass for habitually having his QB play in the 4th quarter of blowouts with a shit O-line and suffer completely unnecessary abuse against a pass rush that was teeing off on him.

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't watch the NBA and I know very little about anything that has happened in the NBA this century.  However, the few people I know that are NBA fans think the NBA draft lottery is, at least in some years, rigged.

I have no idea if that is a legit criticism or its on par with the people that think NFL games are scripted.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Ha0ewbP.gif
View Quote

After a recent game, OU's head coach Brent Venables said "I've been on my knees plenty of times in this business."  The look on his player's face next to him was hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't watch the NBA and I know very little about anything that has happened in the NBA this century.  However, the few people I know that are NBA fans think the NBA draft lottery is, at least in some years, rigged.

I have no idea if that is a legit criticism or its on par with the people that think NFL games are scripted.
View Quote
NFL is already scripted anyways so might as well take it the rest of the way
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I can understand if he was like incredibly fast, but he's not.  He's a 34 year old TE.  Why don't they just put two guys on him and have them stay with him?
View Quote
Man coverage is for college teams.  Kelce has enough experience to find the gaps in the zones.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck NO!

That shit helped ruin the nba.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Man coverage is for college teams.  Kelce has enough experience to find the gaps in the zones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'd rather lose than have someone say I ran a college defense...

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Seems weird to me to pay him 9 million a year to not really be used all that much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not getting open much this season, and he's never been particularly reliable at catching the ball.

He has been, at best, a decoy that can draw defenders away from other guys.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Mixed news batch:

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's a 3 minute video of Payton talking about it:

I think it's kind of worth listening to.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top