Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Last week the Cowboys got the Eagles to turn the ball over 3 times and destroyed them.

Their matchup before that where the Cowboys narrowly lost they got the Eagles to cough the ball up three times but the Eagles were able to recover all 3 of them.

Edit: HK beat me to it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ok, it makes more sense with this news.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/IMG_3738_png-3060291.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The game line for Bills - Cowboys is stupid.

Cowboys straight up is +110.
Cowboys -11.5 is +525.

I’m a huge Dallas fan and that’s dumb.

Makes even less sense with that. As the lines I mention have the Bills as favorites
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
VIA CBS Sports: The NFL has been holding international games since 2007, and in that time, the Dallas Cowboys have only been scheduled for one game, which came in 2014 when they played the Jaguars in London.

In that 31-17 win, the Cowboys were the visiting team, which means that after 16 years of international games, Dallas still hasn't had to "host" a game. There's a reason for that: Jerry Jones doesn't want to lose a home game and all the profit that comes with that.

"I'm very reluctant to move a home game from here to there," Jones said Wednesday of playing internationally, via the team's official website. "We have a lot of fans. It fits for a lot of clubs, it doesn't fit for the Cowboys as much. We got the highest attendance in the NFL, of course. When we don't have a game here, it makes a big difference."

For the past two years, there have been a total of five international games, but that number will be jumping up to nine in 2025. (There will be eight games plus a Jaguars' London game.) The addition of four extra games is going to have a major impact on the Cowboys, because they will now HAVE to "host" an international game whether they like it or not.

If the Cowboys are going to be forced to "host" an international game, Jones said he's only open to one location.

"When we aren't playing here, I want to be in Mexico City. Period." Jones said. "Mexico City is good and close. If I'm going international, I want to play in Mexico City. Mainly because of our fans and our following and the affinity that we get here back home in the United States."

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow. Didn't think he'd get fired with just three games left.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]

It's an enticing job with their roster. I could see the Patriots and Chargers making a trade. But that doesn't mean I think it is the most likely.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Steelers need to rip the bandade off and fire tomlin.

But they will stick with him till the end of his contract.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's an enticing job with their roster. I could see the Patriots and Chargers making a trade. But that doesn't mean I think it is the most likely.
View Quote

Belichick despite all of his issues on offense nd as a GM is a obviously a great defensive mind which is their biggest need.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Dan Quinn is probably too low on that list.

I could see him being one of the more sought after candidates in this cycle, and they won't need to trade for him.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys realize that if the Chargers wind up with Belichick, he's going to be their GM, too, right? He won't accept anything less.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You guys realize that if the Chargers wind up with Belichick, he's going to be their GM, too, right? He won't accept anything less.
View Quote

Are we sure about that?

And how many teams would give him that?

There are 8 or so teams in the league that probably should be shopping to see what Belichick would want and what NE wants for him, but I think most of those teams would recognize Belichick's failure as a GM for the last several years.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#15]
That's it, hire a 70 year-old coach who will finish around 4-13 this year.

Possibly the most retarded thing I ever heard.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That's it, hire a 70 year-old coach who will finish around 4-13 this year.

Possibly the most retarded thing I ever heard.
View Quote

Yes... let's judge a coach that's #3 all time in NFL wins and that has 6 SB rings by how he has performed with a garbage roster and no QB.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://external-preview.redd.it/02Ub1MXWum3Ig2U8Xe-p-6F126y5AJxO6gnoxkH9aRs.jpg?auto=webp&s=496033faa61fdaa03e8318493b3aa3c59e043343
View Quote

Giff or Jiff?

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Makes even less sense with that. As the lines I mention have the Bills as favorites
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cowboys -11.5 is +525.

Well, that’s part of the reason I don’t gamble.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes... let's judge a coach that's #3 all time in NFL wins and that has 6 SB rings by how he has performed with a garbage roster and no QB.
View Quote

You mean the roster BB made and the same QB who went 10-7 two years ago and regressed into a high school QB under BB's tutelage?

Lol.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah that kinda sounds sus don't it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Cowboys -11.5 is +525.

View Quote

Cowboys favored by 1 or 2 points on a neutral field over the Bills seems about right to me.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You mean the roster BB made and the same QB who went 10-7 two years ago and regressed into a high school QB under BB's tutelage?

Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Let Kellen Moore run the offense, Bill runs the defense.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
VIA CBS Sports: The NFL has been holding international games since 2007, and in that time, the Dallas Cowboys have only been scheduled for one game, which came in 2014 when they played the Jaguars in London.

In that 31-17 win, the Cowboys were the visiting team, which means that after 16 years of international games, Dallas still hasn't had to "host" a game. There's a reason for that: Jerry Jones doesn't want to lose a home game and all the profit that comes with that.

"I'm very reluctant to move a home game from here to there," Jones said Wednesday of playing internationally, via the team's official website. "We have a lot of fans. It fits for a lot of clubs, it doesn't fit for the Cowboys as much. We got the highest attendance in the NFL, of course. When we don't have a game here, it makes a big difference."

For the past two years, there have been a total of five international games, but that number will be jumping up to nine in 2025. (There will be eight games plus a Jaguars' London game.) The addition of four extra games is going to have a major impact on the Cowboys, because they will now HAVE to "host" an international game whether they like it or not.

If the Cowboys are going to be forced to "host" an international game, Jones said he's only open to one location.

"When we aren't playing here, I want to be in Mexico City. Period." Jones said. "Mexico City is good and close. If I'm going international, I want to play in Mexico City. Mainly because of our fans and our following and the affinity that we get here back home in the United States."

View Quote

Why the rest of the owners (except Khan) aren't like this I don't know.   The erosion of home games will only continue with more of these games being added.  But didn't I just hear that they all voted for more international games except for the Bears?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cowboys -11.5 is +525.

Defensive players and lineman don’t move point spreads.

The Cowboys were missing their best 3 O-lineman, replaced 2 of them with randos off the street, and the line didn’t move even half a point.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

We've beat the Bill the GM horse to death. Yes, that's his fault. No, he shouldn't have GM duties wherever he goes next.

Mac Jones's QBR is his rookie year was only 50.9. In 2023 terms, that would put him at QB20 in between Josh Dobbs and Russell Wilson. Even then, there were Pats fans here watching his games and telling us his stats were a lie and that he was never the guy. The 2022 coaching staff with no OC was super sketchy and likely didn't help, but I don't think it's fair to suggest they ruined a great QB prospect.

Give Belichick a team with a decent roster and good QB, and he's going to win a whole bunch of games.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We've beat the Bill the GM horse to death. Yes, that's his fault. No, he shouldn't have GM duties wherever he goes next.

Mac Jones's QBR is his rookie year was only 50.9. In 2023 terms, that would put him at QB20 in between Josh Dobbs and Russell Wilson. Even then, there were Pats fans here watching his games and telling us his stats were a lie and that he was never the guy. The 2022 coaching staff with no OC was super sketchy and likely didn't help, but I don't think it's fair to suggest they ruined a great QB prospect.

Give Belichick a team with a decent roster and good QB, and he's going to win a whole bunch of games.
View Quote

How quickly, and for how long? He'll be 72 in 5 months.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Well look at that, two sides of one coin.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Charlotte is going to get a historic low pressure storm on Sunday with projections of 4+ inches of rain, 50+ mph wind, mass power outages and a real fell temperature of 38.

The game is technically a “sellout” largely due to PSLs. However, Carolina’s abysmal season and future outlook paired with an open stadium and that weather might result in the lowest in game attendance in modern history. That place is gonna be empty.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now look at the top two candidates for POTUS at the moment.  Scary, ain't it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like prime conditions for the most accurate FG kicker in NFL history to have his first career miss.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Mark I Eyeball Test was crystal clear and the last couple years confirmed it. He was never "the guy." It mystified me how so many people were duped into thinking he was the heir apparent right from the get-go.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Video in the Tweet. Nice joke tied in with him getting hurt and having to walk all the way to the locker room instead of riding in a cart.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#34]
So the arf committee wants to hire the goat coach and tell him to keep his hands off the roster and the offense?

I think he has enough sense not to tarnish his legacy further with an outright fail.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks like prime conditions for the most accurate FG kicker in NFL history to have his first career miss.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_5492_jpeg-3060580.JPG
View Quote

No, don't say that.
He can continue to give his misses to the kicking gods via extra points.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is he trying to exaggerate?   I've noticed more NFL weather apocalypse forecasts in recent years, mostly in the fantasy discussion though.  

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.7672&lon=-78.7439

Sunday   A chance of showers, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 53. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possibly immediately and who cares?

Proven good coaches aren’t as rare as elite QBs, but they aren’t exactly common, and there are a bunch of teams stuck without one. Denver gave the Saints a 1st round pick for Sean Payton for a reason.

In 2012, the Chiefs were the worst team in the NFL with a 2-14 record and an off field train wreck that included a player committing murder suicide. They hired Andy Reid, traded for Alex Smith, and made the playoffs the following season.

I fully believe Belichick could do the same with a different team if someone else is managing the roster.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#38]

For 2024 they are #3 on the list being 42 million over the cap

Whoever their new GM ends up being they are going to have to make some personnel decisions and restructure several contracts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was skeptical when he missed his first PAT.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

He still fields a good/great defense.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#42]
How about Von Miller returning to playing like Von Miller in the cowboys game?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly optimal kicking conditions.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How about Von Miller returning to playing like Von Miller in the cowboys game?
View Quote

He is a huge Cowboys fan so he’ll at least be up for the game.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Speaking of Von Miller, how cringey was it when Jim Nance had to explain to the viewing audience why Von Miller was on the field, when many thought he was supposed to be in custody.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That might be a stretch this season.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is he trying to exaggerate?   I've noticed more NFL weather apocalypse forecasts in recent years, mostly in the fantasy discussion though.  

Sunday   A chance of showers, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 53. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it changed since he last looked.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Speaking of Von Miller, how cringey was it when Jim Nance had to explain to the viewing audience why Von Miller was on the field, when many thought he was supposed to be in custody.
View Quote

I missed that.  What’d he say?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

They showed Miller on the sideline and Nance commented something to the effect that if you're wondering why he's dressed to play, it's because the chose not to exercise it's option of suspending him pending further details or new charges...
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They showed Miller on the sideline and Nance commented something to the effect that if you're wondering why he's dressed to play, it's because the chose not to exercise it's option of suspending him pending further details or new charges...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes they ignore stuff like that, sometimes they vaguely mention it, and sometimes they get very specific.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top