Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I hate the four team playoff less than the BCS, but it's still a popularity contest, and it is not adequate to settle the championship question for reals. 8 teams is the minimum to settle it fairly, and 12 would be better (top 4 get a bye). More than 16 is too many, but 4 is definitely too few. TCU got hosed. (I am not a TCU fan, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to play them.
View Quote

Yup, 8 minimum.  12 or 16 better.   FCS went to 24 and that's just stupid.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No need for excuses. Just admit it, your liking of UM was all a big mistake and you now realize you are a real Buckeye!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bad spot for a turnover, OSU.

As a fellow Michigan fan, I cannot believe you are rooting for the fucking bucknuts.

Turn in your M, son.

I need the Big 10 to not be a national embarrassment.

I'll get back to hating on OSU when Michigan isn't embarrassing to watch.
No need for excuses. Just admit it, your liking of UM was all a big mistake and you now realize you are a real Buckeye!  

Slow down there, chief.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
There's too many games, what's the schedule twelve ? Then, two playoff bowls to decide who makes it to the National Championship Bowl ? So fourteen games. Cut it down to ten, then the best eight play four bowls, down to two bowls down to one. So thirteen games, seems much more feasible.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Slow down there, chief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a fellow Michigan fan, I cannot believe you are rooting for the fucking bucknuts.

Turn in your M, son.

Slow down there, chief.

Michigan State and Ohio State aren't rooting for Michigan EVER. I remember when Michigan lost the national championship game in basketball a few years ago. OSU fans were writing to ESPN "Thank GOD! I would not be able to take Michigan winning a national championship".

This bullshit that OSU or MSU fans say we should root for them because everyone should root for the Big 10. Ha, fuck that. They aren't going to root for Michigan to be successful so I'll never root for them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

There's too many games, what's the schedule twelve ? Then, two playoff bowls to decide who makes it to the National Championship Bowl ? So fourteen games. Cut it down to ten, then the best eight play four bowls, down to two bowls down to one. So thirteen games, seems much more feasible.  
View Quote

Easy, just cut out the pushover games for the major conferences - no more playing Mt. Holy Cross School for Girls, Bama and OSU...start your season with conference play, 1 OOC conference game like Texas or USC...whatever.

Every FBS conference sends its conference champion to the tourney....then the top Independent team (by record), and 4 other at-larges by conference record. No popularity contest, no rankings, no BS. All settled on the field, just like the NCAAB. Also will work to even out the conferences and stop this push towards 3 or 4 super conferences.

16 game tourney, 8 bowls to set up the bracket, presto.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Michigan State and Ohio State aren't rooting for Michigan EVER. I remember when Michigan lost the national championship game in basketball a few years ago. OSU fans were writing to ESPN "Thank GOD! I would not be able to take Michigan winning a national championship".
View Quote

This bullshit that OSU or MSU fans say we should root for them because everyone should root for the Big 10. Ha, fuck that. They aren't going to root for Michigan to be successful so I'll never root for them.

So because they're morons you wanna be too? Dude, if OSU is in the NC, that lifts Michigan's stature by being in the same league and it challenges their staff to compete with the cream. It also helps strength of schedule (which hopefully becomes less of an issue in the future, but for now it matters).

If you don't root for a team that helps yours out in this manner, no matter if you're an OSU fan or Michigan man, you're not much of a fan.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Slow down there, chief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Turn in your M, son.

Slow down there, chief.
One of us. One of us. One of us.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So because they're morons you wanna be too? Dude, if OSU is in the NC, that lifts Michigan's stature by being in the same league and it challenges their staff to compete with the cream. It also helps strength of schedule (which hopefully becomes less of an issue in the future, but for now it matters).

If you don't root for a team that helps yours out in this manner, no matter if you're an OSU fan or Michigan man, you're not much of a fan.

I'm a Michigan fan.

Just like being a Lions fan, I'll never root for the Packers or Bears
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Needs to be a 10-game regular season schedule with optional Conference championship for week 11. Then a 5 week, 32 team playoff bracket.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#11]
MOVE Are you drunk or just that full of HATE? It is just a game, get over it dude before it eats you up, for your own sake, With your attitude in Ohio it is no wonder people at work get on you. What do you think it would be like if I lived in Mich and acted like you do?
Go bucks. Last night we were the better team. And you can shove your safety call too. The roughing the punter call was the bad call. Anytime a punters leg is in the air and he gets hit, it is roughing...except when the punter is from OSU and the hitter is from ANY other team.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You were just lucky WIsky didnt have a QB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One more TD by the fuckeyes and this game is over.

My luck the Ducks will choke on their own cocks like Bama did

59-0 in a conference championship. I thought OSU would struggle, but it would be close.  Anyone who thought OSU didn't deserve to bump up after that epic beat down is crazy.

And with our third string QB.  lol.

You were just lucky WIsky didnt have a QB.

OR a DEFENSE worth a crap.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh you stupid bastard , you had a free TD .
View Quote

Bama had two gifts from OSU and how many from the Refs. The pass out of the end zone was not "just hand fighting"  a push in the face with the ball in the air is PASS interference in any game including the pros.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#14]
First time ever that I have cheered for the Buckeyes.

That was better than Notre Dame beating LSU.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm reasonably sure the state of ohio takes football just as serious as Alabama does. If it wasn't for college football Ohio wouldn't have anything going for itself!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sucks to be a football fan of any team in AL today.  Getting their asses handed to them by the Big 10.  

Those guys take it SERIOUSLY down there.
I'm reasonably sure the state of ohio takes football just as serious as Alabama does. If it wasn't for college football Ohio wouldn't have anything going for itself!  

You live behind the iron curtain and you are dumb enough to say that?
I have had my chl for over 7 years. You got a dem gov, actually two of them that went to prison and your state and major cities are broke and you are dumb enough to say that? I know it is new years but what are you smokkng?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Just dropping in to say Roll Tide!

And go Ducks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Go Buckeyes!!  Just watch how recruiting will go now!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#18]
dont watch much college football, but I must say with all the talk about the sec I liked the bama beat down.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Bama loses a game and you homos go 500 pages
BAMA stomps motherfuckers
week in and week out,  year in year out out and a pro Bama thread goes 2 pages.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Seeing the look on Urbans face during the press conference when hearing about the Ducks game score was awesome.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#21]

lol, funny how the Michigan fans try to make this thread about them
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Seeing the look on Urbans face during the press conference when hearing about the Ducks game score was awesome.
View Quote

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12111699&ex_cid=sportscenterFB
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ummm.... Missouri won it's bowl game. And with a sick quarterback.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ummm.... Missouri won it's bowl game. And with a sick quarterback.

Quoted:
Top 5 teams in "greatest CFB division in history" are 0-5 in their bowl games.

Funny how they don't look so good when they have to play somebody outside their division.

A sick QB from OHIO. He did not pass for crap, but he did run well. I heard them say he was not a great runner, but I saw him in high school and he could do anything he had to do.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's still a popularity contest. That's the reason TCU (and Baylor) was left out and OSU brought in. Popularity and brand recognition. OSU is awesome this year, but anybody wants to say they're simply better than TCU is blowing smoke. We don't know who's better, unless they settle it on the field. A 4-team field is still far too subject to the popularity contest, and that fact was exposed badly in the first year of the "playoff." FSU got in the playoffs, but they were by far the weakest of the top 5 teams. The selection committee said they were going to pick the best teams regardless of record, but FSU got in solely because of being undefeated, even though they had a whole bunch of garbage wins against garbage teams that they almost lost anyway. Despite the predictions of the boosters, FSU was blown out. TCU belonged, and the popularity selection of the four teams gypped TCU and every college football fan that wants to see a real champion on the field.

Here's a notion for the popularity contest: TCU beat four top-10 teams (at the time) this year, with their only loss being by a field goal to another top-5 team. OSU will have played three top-10 teams, and their only loss is to a team that did not win their conference, was not/is not ranked, by two touchdowns. If OSU wins a squeaker against Oregon, give me a reason to say TCU should not be ranked #1 in the final AP poll.
TCUs conference was asked to give the committee a conference champion, which they refused to do. Baylor beat TCU right? So, Baylor had a gripe. But since they would not send a conference champion, the committee eliminated that conference from the playoff.  
I do agree that there needs to be 8 teams, but on the other hand.....most teams who won their bowl game had fun celebrating and that will continue for a while. Meanwhile, Oregon and OSU has to go back to work right away. 15 games a year is a ton and for a student athlete, it is really hard. I only played soccer in college, but back then we did not have study groups and personal tutors and to be honest almost flunked out of school. Back then the profs did not like athletes and did not like them cutting their classes to play a game. Some of that has changed, but it is still hard for the student athlete and that should come first. But, since it is about money now.....8 teams is just around the corner.

I hate the four team playoff less than the BCS, but it's still a popularity contest, and it is not adequate to settle the championship question for reals. 8 teams is the minimum to settle it fairly, and 12 would be better (top 4 get a bye). More than 16 is too many, but 4 is definitely too few. TCU got hosed. (I am not a TCU fan, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to play them. )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad we finally got rid of that popularity contest bullshit, because if the old system was in place, FSU and Alabama are playing for a national championship. I imagine there are alot of fraudulent champions in the past.

Still need 8 team playoffs though.

It's still a popularity contest. That's the reason TCU (and Baylor) was left out and OSU brought in. Popularity and brand recognition. OSU is awesome this year, but anybody wants to say they're simply better than TCU is blowing smoke. We don't know who's better, unless they settle it on the field. A 4-team field is still far too subject to the popularity contest, and that fact was exposed badly in the first year of the "playoff." FSU got in the playoffs, but they were by far the weakest of the top 5 teams. The selection committee said they were going to pick the best teams regardless of record, but FSU got in solely because of being undefeated, even though they had a whole bunch of garbage wins against garbage teams that they almost lost anyway. Despite the predictions of the boosters, FSU was blown out. TCU belonged, and the popularity selection of the four teams gypped TCU and every college football fan that wants to see a real champion on the field.

Here's a notion for the popularity contest: TCU beat four top-10 teams (at the time) this year, with their only loss being by a field goal to another top-5 team. OSU will have played three top-10 teams, and their only loss is to a team that did not win their conference, was not/is not ranked, by two touchdowns. If OSU wins a squeaker against Oregon, give me a reason to say TCU should not be ranked #1 in the final AP poll.
TCUs conference was asked to give the committee a conference champion, which they refused to do. Baylor beat TCU right? So, Baylor had a gripe. But since they would not send a conference champion, the committee eliminated that conference from the playoff.  
I do agree that there needs to be 8 teams, but on the other hand.....most teams who won their bowl game had fun celebrating and that will continue for a while. Meanwhile, Oregon and OSU has to go back to work right away. 15 games a year is a ton and for a student athlete, it is really hard. I only played soccer in college, but back then we did not have study groups and personal tutors and to be honest almost flunked out of school. Back then the profs did not like athletes and did not like them cutting their classes to play a game. Some of that has changed, but it is still hard for the student athlete and that should come first. But, since it is about money now.....8 teams is just around the corner.

I hate the four team playoff less than the BCS, but it's still a popularity contest, and it is not adequate to settle the championship question for reals. 8 teams is the minimum to settle it fairly, and 12 would be better (top 4 get a bye). More than 16 is too many, but 4 is definitely too few. TCU got hosed. (I am not a TCU fan, but I sure as heck wouldn't want to play them. )

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think OSU cares a lot more about the rivalry than Michigan does, to the point they'll root against ANYONE Michigan plays, even when it degrades the Big10...which is 80 kinds of retarded. My uncle who's a die-hard OSU nut told me once that OSU fans hate Michigan more than they love OSU, which I believe is often true - and kind of pathetic. As a Michigan fan, I don't root for OSU often, but I respect them and love when they do well on the national stage.

But, I also know that a lot of fans of OOC teams that come to Columbus talk about how cool the fans are to them and how chill everyone is, so there's two kind of fans here IMHO...rivalry zealots (the douches) and the normal OSU fans...who are pretty cool.
Wow I had forgotten that, funny how you remembered. So, who is it that never forgot it? Gee, seems I remember seeing the sour grapes show on how UM got cheated out of going to the rose bowl one year by the big ten and how OSU went instead...wow the hatred still over that, you could hear it in the voices of all the UM alum and fans during the show.

And, like very big school with a top notch program, there's a disproportionate number of OSU fans who think they're the best team that's ever taken the field, even if there's no real evidence or record to substantiate that.

They've never forgot that game in 1902 when we beat them 86-0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ohio State fan, you are better off being a Ohio fan at a Michigan game than a Michigan fan at Ohio game, I was setting in the Michigan Student section rooting for OSU at Michigan.

I'd agree with this, as a Michigan fan living in OSU territory. My family is in the Ann Arbor area (two cousins played for Bo in the 80's) and I've been to both games many times. Seen a lot more venom directed at Michigan folks in Columbus than the other way around - but in truth, all rivalry games all over the nation have a bit of this. Auburn/Bama is a cauldron of stupidity, from what I've heard).

I think OSU cares a lot more about the rivalry than Michigan does, to the point they'll root against ANYONE Michigan plays, even when it degrades the Big10...which is 80 kinds of retarded. My uncle who's a die-hard OSU nut told me once that OSU fans hate Michigan more than they love OSU, which I believe is often true - and kind of pathetic. As a Michigan fan, I don't root for OSU often, but I respect them and love when they do well on the national stage.

But, I also know that a lot of fans of OOC teams that come to Columbus talk about how cool the fans are to them and how chill everyone is, so there's two kind of fans here IMHO...rivalry zealots (the douches) and the normal OSU fans...who are pretty cool.
Wow I had forgotten that, funny how you remembered. So, who is it that never forgot it? Gee, seems I remember seeing the sour grapes show on how UM got cheated out of going to the rose bowl one year by the big ten and how OSU went instead...wow the hatred still over that, you could hear it in the voices of all the UM alum and fans during the show.

And, like very big school with a top notch program, there's a disproportionate number of OSU fans who think they're the best team that's ever taken the field, even if there's no real evidence or record to substantiate that.

They've never forgot that game in 1902 when we beat them 86-0

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Michigan fans need to shut the fuck up and know their role. When you start beating MAC teams on a regular basis, you can sit at the big kids table.

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I think the Big 10 did a hell of a job against the SEC these past couple days. I think we are all tired of hearing their crap. Would have have liked to have seen the Hawkeyes take down the Volunteers too, but 3 out of 4 isn't bad overall.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#28]
By the transitive property, we have now beaten 'Bama! Go HOKIES!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
By the transitive property, we have now beaten 'Bama! Go HOKIES!!!
View Quote

You better be rooting for OSU then.  You could be de facto national champs if they win
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Tressell Ball got us a National Championship

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God the days of "Tressell Ball" are gone

Tressell Ball got us a National Championship

But it would have been mauled on Thursday and Cie Grant was a local kid so around here it is Cie Grant that won us a NC , it isn't true because Cie wasn't the only person on the field but I let the hillbillies think as they want

That "Pass Interference" helped in getting an NC also

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Easy, just cut out the pushover games for the major conferences - no more playing Mt. Holy Cross School for Girls, Bama and OSU...start your season with conference play, 1 OOC conference game like Texas or USC...whatever.

Every FBS conference sends its conference champion to the tourney....then the top Independent team (by record), and 4 other at-larges by conference record. No popularity contest, no rankings, no BS. All settled on the field, just like the NCAAB. Also will work to even out the conferences and stop this push towards 3 or 4 super conferences.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If conference "co champions" go too, what is the point of the conference championship game.

5 conference champions, 3 at large teams based upon AP poll or BCS computers.  Done.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I look forward to Alabama crushing the Ducks tonight after their glorious victory against the overrated big 10 whores!  Oh, wait....

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahah
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I look forward to Alabama crushing the Ducks tonight after their glorious victory against the overrated big 10 whores!  Oh, wait....

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking about this game.

Go Bucks!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking about this game.

Go Bucks!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#39]
3 more hours.
Page / 13
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top