Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicom stuff is junk.
Made in China? yeah you can keep that shit

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w233/USP_2007/IMG_0419-1.jpg

Here is one of my Norcs. Some of their stuff is crap, some is good quality but rough in finish. They depending upon the model can make good project guns as they use tool grade steel and the metal is very tough.

Are thoose Wiked Grips?

Yeah had Ed Strange run me a custom set, I have the elderbox burl in pink for the chrome .45 and a set of tangerine elderbox burl ones for the 9mm 1911 being finished in deep blue...the .45 has a mercury guide rod custom from Kotanko.  Like shooting a .22

Who is Ed Strange?

The pistol smith who owns Wicked Grips.  Look at some of of his custom stuff. Guy does great work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
My Norinco MAK-90 absolutely SLAYS every POS Middle Eastern and Eastern European AK I've ever seen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chicom stuff is junk.

Here is one of my Norcs. Some of their stuff is crap, some is good quality but rough in finish. They depending upon the model can make good project guns as they use tool grade steel and the metal is very tough.

Are thoose Wiked Grips?

Yeah had Ed Strange run me a custom set, I have the elderbox burl in pink for the chrome .45 and a set of tangerine elderbox burl ones for the 9mm 1911 being finished in deep blue...the .45 has a mercury guide rod custom from Kotanko.  Like shooting a .22

Who is Ed Strange?

The pistol smith who owns Wicked Grips.  Look at some of of his custom stuff. Guy does great work.

Oh, I didn't know his name.

I like most of his stuff.  My only complaint is that sometimes his designs are a little "busy".  

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicom stuff is junk.

Are thoose Wiked Grips?

Who is Ed Strange?

Oh, I didn't know his name.

I like most of his stuff.  My only complaint is that sometimes his designs are a little "busy".  

Its expensive for what they are, the two pairs of grips cost me about $500. But the original gun has a lot of personal value for me so fixing it up was worth it. Some of his stuff hes done in damascus is nice.  The only negative was that the fancy torx screws with his grips dont fit Norcs as the threads on the Norcs are metric tapped.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I love how everyone glosses over Norinco getting caught brining in a container of Full auto AK's right before they got banned here....
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love how everyone glosses over Norinco getting caught brining in a container of Full auto AK's right before they got banned here....

We had that issue a couple of years ago with T97s. First shipment was fine. Second shipment was a bunch of converted autos.  Now the T97s are on the banned list
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]
One might wonder if the Norinco P08s were machined out of the same hard-as-hell tool stock as the 1911s they made, and as a result, need much less boiling.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Man how sweet would those be. I miss all the norinco stuff.  Maybe one day they'll let them back in.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicom stuff is junk.

Dont knock it til' you try it.

My Chinese 870 clone has been awesome.

i have tried it so i will knock it

its fucking hilarious how chicom shit is so sought after now but was considered junk and bottom of the barrel. i guess people want what they cant have
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicom stuff is junk.

Norinco is good shit, ever owned anything of theirs?

yeah i've owned quite a bit of norinco AKs and SKSs,a 1911 too.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My Norinco MAK-90 absolutely SLAYS every POS Middle Eastern and Eastern European AK I've ever seen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

mine also.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 12:48:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Chinese P 08 ?

Get real.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:20:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Chicom stuff is junk.

their AK's and 1911 copy are full of win,  sorry to disappoint
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:35:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, I'd buy one. The $1100+ price tag on a real Luger has me not wanting to buy one. I only want one because they're interesting little guns.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chicom stuff is junk.

lol, 'chicom' never ceases to be amusing.

anyway, if there's one place the Chinese don't fuck up, it's guns.

they did invent them after all.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I suspect they ran into the same issues that Ivan did with the RC P-08s they refurbed abouit 10 years ago....And that was with all German parts.

Unlike the Ivan refurbed P-38s they could not just bin the parts and then slap them back together and get a P-08 t to work without hand fitting. In fact Ivan did make a effort with the RC P-08s to keep a lot of the matching parts together but even then they are hit and miss as to function.

I ran into a byf RC P-08 for a good price at my LGS last year but passed as the toggle and side-plate was mismatched. I suspect the internals could have been too. I thought it came from Canada as the grips look boiled.

That said I'll bet the chi-coms could work-up a respectable P-38 clone but with the glut of P-1s on the market now why bother.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 2:29:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chicom stuff is junk.

Norinco firearms are top quality

I'm not sure I would quite that far....

That's cool because I am pretty sure nobody cares what you think.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 3:11:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If they'da made that in .45ACP...

This. Or that 45 ACP Broomhandle Mauser.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top